Gibson bakery and other liberal hoaxes and attacks...will they learn anything from them?

Avatar image for Maxpowers_32
#1 Posted by Maxpowers_32 (672 posts) -

Ever since I've started following the news and as I've read even before liberals go to argument for persuading people is to call everyone they disagree with "racist" and/or physically attack them. It also seems like the modern Democratic party is a bunch of groups trying to out victim each other. Of course there are also colleges like Oberlin indoctrinating kids and pressuring them into acting against all the "injustice" from everyone who doesn't think and act just like them.

With the Oberlin college case the real victim of institutional bullying and harassment (Gibson Bakery) finally fought back and won a $44M settlement for the college calling them racist and inciting the students and town against them.

The Covington high school kids who were also victims of fake news and defamed on TV and in the paper are also fighting back with lawsuits against the bullies.

It also seemed that people were outraged over the Jessie Smollet hate crime hoax and most people realized that the Ford woman and other accusers against justice Kavanaugh

Do you think people have had enough of the lies and attacks from the politically correct liberals? Are they ever going to realize that trying to force people to think and behave the way they want and make up false attacks against people isn't right? Will honest liberals ever rein in these extremist or even admit that these activist trying to ruin people's lives are a problem?

Avatar image for Solaryellow
#2 Edited by Solaryellow (5109 posts) -

One doesn't learn when always perceiving themselves as the perpetual victim.

Avatar image for Serraph105
#3 Posted by Serraph105 (33975 posts) -

"It also seemed that people were outraged over the Jessie Smollet hate crime hoax and most people realized that the Ford woman and other accusers against justice Kavanaugh"

It seemed like you were going somewhere with that, but the thought wasn't completed.

Avatar image for zaryia
#4 Edited by Zaryia (9470 posts) -
@Maxpowers_32 said:

Ever since I've started following the news and as I've read even before liberals go to argument for persuading people is to call everyone they disagree with "racist" and/or physically attack them. It also seems like the modern Democratic party is a bunch of groups trying to out victim each other. Of course there are also colleges like Oberlin indoctrinating kids and pressuring them into acting against all the "injustice" from everyone who doesn't think and act just like them.

Yes. Some colleges go too far. But lets stop acting like it's wide-spread, it's not. Same goes for the supposed "indoctrination".

People who happen to attend college happen to be more liberal. It's not that college makes them liberal. Sames goes for people who apply to become professors. That political leaning simply has more people going to these places. Deal with it.

"But a data analysis from March by the director of Georgetown University’s Free Speech Project suggests that this “crisis” is more than a little overblown. There have been relatively few incidents of speech being squelched on college campuses, and there’s in fact limited evidence that conservatives are being unfairly targeted."

@Maxpowers_32 said:

The Covington high school kids who were also victims of fake news and defamed on TV and in the paper are also fighting back with lawsuits against the bullies.

I saw the full 2 hour video. I saw several kids heckling with tomahawk chops. Last I checked the Covington lawsuits were frivolous and went nowhere. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

@Maxpowers_32 said:

It also seemed that people were outraged over the Jessie Smollet hate crime hoax

The (D) Officials were angry at him for lying too. Several Democrats. The mayor was seething.

@Maxpowers_32 said:

most people realized that the Ford woman and other accusers against justice Kavanaugh

Citation? Polling shows otherwise.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/more-americans-believe-ford-than-kavanaugh-according-to-new-poll

@Maxpowers_32 said:

Do you think people have had enough of the lies and attacks from the politically correct liberals?

No because it's blown out of proportion, and many times most of America agrees with the liberal side on some of these as shown above. Just like they agree with the liberal ideas on most policies.

Also, Conservatives do it too and it's usually much more ludicrous:

Devin Nunes sues a sassy cow on Twitter, and she gains a herd of followers

https://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-abcarian-nunes-20190322-story.html

Conservative correctness

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Conservative_correctness

@Maxpowers_32 said:

Will honest liberals ever rein in these extremist or even admit that these activist trying to ruin people's lives are a problem?

I'm sure this will matter when Conservative reign in their extremists, who account for 10.0X the amount of Domestic Terrorism than Liberal extremists.

@Maxpowers_32 said:

Are they ever going to realize that trying to force people to think and behave the way they want

The White House and GOP are trying to do just this by trying to hamfist unpopular conservative views in areas most people don't really subscribe to them through laws and punishment.

It's funny to watch google, facebook, youtube, twitter, etc. testify before the GOP members and the GOP members make fools of themselves. Absolutely clueless on technology. These old idiots are upset at their ancient ideas being unpopular and that's all there is to it. Perhaps they should stop trying to socially engineer?

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/congresswoman-asks-google-ceo-why-153928041.html

Loading Video...

Avatar image for Maroxad
#5 Posted by Maroxad (15272 posts) -

I see a smackdown by Zaryia in this thread.

Fun fact: Liberals are far more prone to getting censored on colleges than Conservatives do. But the youtube ideologues (most of them anyways) would never tell you this, since it doesnt fit their narrative.

Avatar image for n64dd
#6 Posted by N64DD (11969 posts) -

@Maroxad: Colleges are liberals paradise. They make people think that polls and statistics are facts, and that we’re blowing up the planet. Then these snowflakes enter the real world with their gender studies degrees, end up working at pet smart dreaming about Chads all day.

Avatar image for mattbbpl
#7 Posted by mattbbpl (17349 posts) -

I couldn't get past the first paragraph before turning away in disgust. The "racist card" is being played because they're enacting racist policies.

Don't want to be called racist? Stop doing racist things.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
#8 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10884 posts) -

Almost pathetic to see victim complexes like this.

Avatar image for horgen
#9 Edited by Horgen (120916 posts) -

@n64dd: Does a significant number of people take gender studies?

Edit because I have to I think: do you have any idea what gender studies means? How it is used?

Avatar image for zaryia
#10 Edited by Zaryia (9470 posts) -
@n64dd said:

. Then these snowflakes enter the real world with their gender studies degrees, end up working at pet smart dreaming about Chads all day.

Nah,

"College graduates, on average, earned 56% more than high school grads in 2015, according to data compiled by the Economic Policy Institute. That was up from 51% in 1999 and is the largest such gap in EPI's figures dating to 1973. Over the past two decades, while college-educated workers' wages have increased, annual salaries for those with only a high school education have decreased."

BTW what does the "Chads" reference mean? I don't even know what that means...but I have a feeling I can debunk that too as soon as you explain it to me!

@n64dd said:

@Maroxad: Colleges are liberals paradise. They make people think that polls and statistics are facts, and that we’re blowing up the planet.

They contain more liberals because more liberals go there. Not because the college professors turn them into liberals. It's a demographics thing, like how some women just don't work in certain fields. Trump's base for example was the lowest educated voting group in 40+ years. Statistics and polls are reliable data when done properly. You have been objectively wrong about them for quite some time.

Of course, this angers the GOP greatly. So they fund shitty things like Turning Points USA and sign stupid execute actions for "College Free Speech" because most young people (and Americans) do not likes their ideas. They are also angry at Social Media companies because their ideas are disliked by most people. Their Social engineering isn't working, fortunately.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#11 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166900 posts) -

@n64dd said:

@Maroxad: Colleges are liberals paradise. They make people think

Should have ended it there.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#12 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166900 posts) -

@horgen said:

@n64dd: Does a significant number of people take gender studies?

Edit because I have to I think: do you have any idea what gender studies means? How it is used?

No. No they don't.

Avatar image for sonicare
#13 Posted by sonicare (56806 posts) -

Liberals, like conservatives, have very poor self awareness. They will never admit a wrong. They'd rather come up with excuses for the Oberlin college fiasco.

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#14 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

@zaryia said:

BTW what does the "Chads" reference mean? I don't even know what that means...but I have a feeling I can debunk that too as soon as you explain it to me!

Chads refer to white alpha males who are tall (6'4" or better), athletic, chiseled good looks, six-pack abs, rich/good job, and a long hen pecker. The cream of the crop (top 20%) males. They also have a crappy attitude to match. The African-American equivalent would be a Tyrone.

In MGTOW circles, the women usually get laid by the Chads and Tyrones while the rest, aka beta males, end up as slaves to be used by women.

Avatar image for zaryia
#15 Edited by Zaryia (9470 posts) -
@jun_aka_pekto said:
@zaryia said:

BTW what does the "Chads" reference mean? I don't even know what that means...but I have a feeling I can debunk that too as soon as you explain it to me!

Chads refer to white alpha males who are tall (6'4" or better), athletic, chiseled good looks, six-pack abs, rich/good job, and a long hen pecker. The cream of the crop (top 20%) males. They also have a crappy attitude to match. The African-American equivalent would be a Tyrone.

In MGTOW circles, the women usually get laid by the Chads and Tyrones while the rest, aka beta males, end up as slaves to be used by women.

This sounds like Incel nonsense.

And Incels are mostly right wing/conservative, and the type who would actually dream of "Chads" all day. N64DD owns himself again.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#16 Edited by mrbojangles25 (44152 posts) -

The thing about the whole "boy who cried wolf" idea is that the boy cried wolf constantly. Not once or twice. All the time.

So you need to take everything seriously. And if they're lying, then punish them. But don't dismiss every little thing you don't like because of a perceived agenda.

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#17 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25253 posts) -

@zaryia said:

This sounds like Incel nonsense.

And Incels are mostly right wing/conservative, and the type who would actually dream of "Chads" all day. N64DD owns himself again.

I'm recently updated on the terminology myself. But, I was under the impression the MGTOW stuff first became established among black males and then spread to white males. It makes sense because blacks do have the highest divorce rate in the US.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#18 Edited by KungfuKitten (26745 posts) -

Important to note that Georgetown University is itself known for censoring their students and sabotaging their free speech. And the Free Speech Project itself calls the situation in the USA a free speech drama. But their director does admit it's a problem that exists across the political spectrum, and I think that is true and that is what we can all see for ourselves when looking up free speech issues on campus. I don't know the ratio and I don't think anyone does.

And he states: "I agree that there is a lack of intellectual diversity certainly political diversity on many if not most college campuses." That is a problem.

He does make a dangerous (maybe practically necessary) distinction between 'useful' intellectual dialogue and 'clowns' who are solely provocative and performers but not being helpful to the academic discussion. At least he also confirms there should be no category of people who are prevented from speaking.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#19 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166900 posts) -

@KungfuKitten said:

Important to note that Georgetown University is itself known for censoring their students and sabotaging their free speech. And the Free Speech Project itself calls the situation in the USA a free speech drama. But their director does admit it's a problem that exists across the political spectrum, and I think that is true and that is what we can all see for ourselves when looking up free speech issues on campus. I don't know the ratio and I don't think anyone does.

And he states: "I agree that there is a lack of intellectual diversity certainly political diversity on many if not most college campuses." That is a problem.

He does make a dangerous (maybe practically necessary) distinction between 'useful' intellectual dialogue and 'clowns' who are solely provocative and performers but not being helpful to the academic discussion. At least he also confirms there should be no category of people who are prevented from speaking.

Free speech is a government freedom not a private one. If you want to criticize please use proper terms.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#20 Edited by KungfuKitten (26745 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Important to note that Georgetown University is itself known for censoring their students and sabotaging their free speech. And the Free Speech Project itself calls the situation in the USA a free speech drama. But their director does admit it's a problem that exists across the political spectrum, and I think that is true and that is what we can all see for ourselves when looking up free speech issues on campus. I don't know the ratio and I don't think anyone does.

And he states: "I agree that there is a lack of intellectual diversity certainly political diversity on many if not most college campuses." That is a problem.

He does make a dangerous (maybe practically necessary) distinction between 'useful' intellectual dialogue and 'clowns' who are solely provocative and performers but not being helpful to the academic discussion. At least he also confirms there should be no category of people who are prevented from speaking.

Free speech is a government freedom not a private one. If you want to criticize please use proper terms.

Sorry, I meant their ability to speak freely and intellectually engage themselves and challenge one another at school by being exposed to alternative ideas. I guess it shouldn't be called the Free Speech Project.

Avatar image for joebones5000
#21 Posted by joebones5000 (2638 posts) -

I know that most people here are bad with simple logic and reasoning skills, but none of what you wrote makes any sense and amounts to nothing more than a giant straw man.

Avatar image for comp_atkins
#22 Edited by comp_atkins (35805 posts) -
@jun_aka_pekto said:
@zaryia said:

BTW what does the "Chads" reference mean? I don't even know what that means...but I have a feeling I can debunk that too as soon as you explain it to me!

Chads refer to white alpha males who are tall (6'4" or better), athletic, chiseled good looks, six-pack abs, rich/good job, and a long hen pecker. The cream of the crop (top 20%) males. They also have a crappy attitude to match. The African-American equivalent would be a Tyrone.

In MGTOW circles, the women usually get laid by the Chads and Tyrones while the rest, aka beta males, end up as slaves to be used by women.

you got 99.9% of the way there and then threw in MGTOW?

wtf is MGTOW?

Avatar image for n64dd
#23 Posted by N64DD (11969 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:
@zaryia said:

BTW what does the "Chads" reference mean? I don't even know what that means...but I have a feeling I can debunk that too as soon as you explain it to me!

Chads refer to white alpha males who are tall (6'4" or better), athletic, chiseled good looks, six-pack abs, rich/good job, and a long hen pecker. The cream of the crop (top 20%) males. They also have a crappy attitude to match. The African-American equivalent would be a Tyrone.

In MGTOW circles, the women usually get laid by the Chads and Tyrones while the rest, aka beta males, end up as slaves to be used by women.

This sounds like Incel nonsense.

And Incels are mostly right wing/conservative, and the type who would actually dream of "Chads" all day. N64DD owns himself again.

Man the meltdown. I understand you're a feminist and all, but damn!

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#24 Posted by Jacanuk (18718 posts) -
@zaryia said:

Yes. Some colleges go too far. But lets stop acting like it's wide-spread, it's not. Same goes for the supposed "indoctrination".

People who happen to attend college happen to be more liberal. It's not that college makes them liberal. Sames goes for people who apply to become professors. That political leaning simply has more people going to these places. Deal with it.

I saw the full 2 hour video. I saw several kids heckling with tomahawk chops. Last I checked the Covington lawsuits were frivolous and went nowhere. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

The (D) Officials were angry at him for lying too. Several Democrats. The mayor was seething.

Citation? Polling shows otherwise.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/more-americans-believe-ford-than-kavanaugh-according-to-new-poll

No because it's blown out of proportion, and many times most of America agrees with the liberal side on some of these as shown above. Just like they agree with the liberal ideas on most policies.

Also, Conservatives do it too and it's usually much more ludicrous:

I'm sure this will matter when Conservative reign in their extremists, who account for 10.0X the amount of Domestic Terrorism than Liberal extremists.

The White House and GOP are trying to do just this by trying to hamfist unpopular conservative views in areas most people don't really subscribe to them through laws and punishment.

It's funny to watch google, facebook, youtube, twitter, etc. testify before the GOP members and the GOP members make fools of themselves. Absolutely clueless on technology. These old idiots are upset at their ancient ideas being unpopular and that's all there is to it. Perhaps they should stop trying to socially engineer?

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/congresswoman-asks-google-ceo-why-153928041.html

So many things here to comment on.

First, of most people who attend Uni/college don´t happen to be more liberal, that is something some get while attending college/universities because of the atmosphere and the leaning of most college professors. And also the problem is not with most of the students it´s with the staff and a very vocal very liberal group.

As to the Convington kids , if you can watch that video and still not think those kids got abused because of a hardcore far-left media like NBC and Huffington that had a conclusion before looking into the whole matter, then there is no reason to even have that debate with you, And the lawsuit is far from frivolous, it´s actually a very strong care for defamation which is why the media is trying to portray the main kid as a public figure and not private. And I will bet that this will be settled out of court for an undisclosed amount and a tight seal. NBC/Huffington know they did something terrible but it fit their narrative so they didn´t care.

As to Jussie Smollet, well he will get slammed hard by the Chicago PD in that lawsuit even if he had friends like Kimm Foxx who pretty much blew her career in a bad attempt at helping out Smollet.

Also nice whataboutisems at the end there.

Avatar image for vl4d_l3nin
#25 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (1922 posts) -

"Doesn't that sound more like a nursery school than a college?"

"Nursery school students do throw food on the floor, yes."

Avatar image for zaryia
#26 Posted by Zaryia (9470 posts) -

@n64dd said:

Man the meltdown. I understand you're a feminist and all, but damn!

Do you lose debate because you troll or do you troll because you lose debates?

Avatar image for zaryia
#27 Edited by Zaryia (9470 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

And also the problem is not with most of the students it´s with the staff and a very vocal very liberal group.

Professors/Staff:

Problem in your opinion. College Professors happen to be more liberal for a reason, as multiple studies show. And it's not due to "teh bias" (which is severely overblown as the links I posted earlier prove):

Why is the professoriate predominantly liberal? A. Because “There is an intrinsic link between liberalism and intelligence such that the more liberal views of those with advanced degrees reflect liberals’ greater academic potential.” [The liberals-are-smarter theory] B. “Because cognitive development occurs with additional years of schooling, leading the intelligentsia to find fault with what they see as simplistic conservative ideologies.” [The more-learning-makes-profs-liberal theory] C. Because the professoriate seeks a way to differentiate itself “from both the middle class and business elites.” [The profs-turn-liberal-because-they-resent-the-middle-classtheory] D. Because the entrenched liberals who dominate “knowledge work fields…refuse to hire colleagues with dissenting opinions.” [The liberals-are-biased-against-conservativestheory] E. Because “The professoriate acquired a reputation as a liberal occupation” and liberals today “acting on the basis of this reputation and seeking careers that accord with their political identities, are more likely than conservatives to aspire to become academics.” [The self-selection theory] F. Because conservatives are dogmatic and turn away from disciplines that require open-mindedness. [The liberals-are-more-open-minded theory] G. Because professors tend more than most Americans to reside in cities and have fewer children, which favors their embracing liberal political views. [The lifestyle-liberalismtheory] H. Because professors are, on average, less religious than other Americans, which corresponds with their being more liberal. [The grad-school-appeals-to-seculariststheory] I. Because conservatives are more materialistic and are drawn to private-sector jobs; while liberals, concerned more with their “sense of meaning,” are more likely to be drawn to academic work. [The conservatives-prefer-money-to-learning theory] This catalog of explanations is to be found in the first 11 pages of a new working paper by Ethan Fosse, Jeremy Freese, and Neil Gross, released yesterday. Their answer is an emphatic E. “Self-selection” in their view is the only answer for which they can find robust empirical support. If they are right, this should change one of the longest-running and often most bitter debates in contemporary higher education.

Yet more evidence for the self-selection theory comes from a 2007 study, "Left Pipeline: Why Conservatives Don't Get Doctorates," by the husband-and-wife social science team of Matthew Woessner of Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg and April Kelly-Woessner of Elizabethtown College.

Woessner and Kelly-Woessner based their findings on analysis they did from national surveys of freshmen and seniors conducted by the Higher Education Research Institute at the University of California, Los Angeles. They found that in both choices of majors and in personal values, conservatives seem to be taking themselves off the track for academic careers well before graduate school. The authors did not find evidence of statistically significant differences in grades or measures of academic performance, so most of the report is based on the premise that interests and experiences are at play, not aptitude.

For starters, the paper finds that conservatives are much more likely to pick majors in professional fields -- areas that tend to put students on the fast track for an M.B.A. (or for a job) more than a Ph.D. Only 9 percent of students on the far left and 18 percent of liberals major in professional fields, compared to 33 percent of conservatives and 37 percent of those who identify as being on the far right.

Further, the study finds that not only (as has been reported many times previously) do students who identify as liberal outnumber those who identify as conservative, but that those who are liberal are much more likely to consider a Ph.D. The UCLA survey of seniors found that only 13 percent of all students were considering a Ph.D. But the numbers were significantly higher for those on the left (24 percent of the far left and 18 percent of liberals) than on the right (11 percent of the far right and 9 percent of conservatives).

"If conservatives want more conservatives in charge of colleges, you're going to actually have to start working in that field."

Students:

There is no major indoctrination. Young people are just more liberal, viewpoints aren't changed heavily during College. Again studies state this:

But what hasn't been documented (aside from periodic anecdotes) is a claim made by many on the right: that liberal professors indoctrinate or intimidate students to share their beliefs. New research suggests that college is a time when students gain appreciation of multiple perspectives.

The research finds that, after one year in college, many students view both liberals and conservatives more favorably than when they arrived on campus (and by about the same margins). The researchers suggest that this shows that college -- or at least the freshman year -- isn't a time when students are indoctrinated, but is actually a time when they meet people with different views and come to respect them (regardless of whether they end up changing their own views).

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/02/05/research-suggests-colleges-broaden-students-political-views

@Jacanuk said:

And the lawsuit is far from frivolous, it´s actually a very strong care for defamation which is why the media is trying to portray the main kid as a public figure and not private.

I disagree. As do legal experts. Which is probably why the lawsuit has went no were so far.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/02/11/nick-sandmann-covcath-lacks-obvious-defamation-claim-experts-say/2757343002/

https://www.salon.com/2019/02/20/covington-catholic-lawsuit-against-washington-post-has-very-tough-burden-to-overcome-libel-expert/

Avatar image for n64dd
#28 Posted by N64DD (11969 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:

Man the meltdown. I understand you're a feminist and all, but damn!

Do you lose debate because you troll or do you troll because you lose debates?

You got triggered and started talking about incel.

Avatar image for zaryia
#29 Edited by Zaryia (9470 posts) -
@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:

Man the meltdown. I understand you're a feminist and all, but damn!

Do you lose debate because you troll or do you troll because you lose debates?

You got triggered and started talking about incel.

1. That wasn't a reply to you. That was a reply to @jun_aka_pekto for explaining to me what Chad was. We were having a separate conversation.

2. My reply to you was on post #10 which you dodged like a little scared baby. My bet is you won't touch that post with a 10 foot poll, because you lost that debate.

3. You mentioned "Chads" in your first reply.If you don't want me to talk about Incel's (who like you are conservative) perhaps don't use their phrases?

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/28/17290256/incel-chad-stacy-becky

I'm not using Incel as an insult I'm using it literally. They are a self named group that use specific language.

BTW, why are you using Incel Phrases in the first place? Also Odd you would use such things that apply to a conservative group against liberals.

Avatar image for r-gamer
#30 Posted by R-Gamer (447 posts) -

Colleges are generally pretty liberal. Censorship is a tool of the left. Having a logical debate is not their strong point. So they will generally show up in mass numbers and chant slogans or just ban you from having any type of discussion.

Avatar image for r-gamer
#31 Edited by R-Gamer (447 posts) -

@zaryia: 1. Incels aren't conservative. Conservatives focus on family values, smaller government, gun rights etc. Incels are just a fringe group of bitter virgins. Their hatred toward femenist doesn't classify them as conservative.

2. I find it odd you know what an Incel is but you don't know what a Chad is? I'm guessing you are pretty knowledgeable on the subject.

Avatar image for zaryia
#32 Edited by Zaryia (9470 posts) -
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: 1. Incels aren't conservative. Conservatives focus on family values, smaller government, gun rights etc. Incels are just a fringe group of bitter virgins. Their hatred toward femenist doesn't classify them as conservative.

2. I find it odd you know what an Incel is but you don't know what a Chad is? I'm guessing you are pretty knowledgeable on the subject.

1. Incels are mostly comprised of conservatives. Sorry. The internet community they spawned off of was literally a right wing group. Their main ideology is a right leaning one (anti-feminism). You're not gonna alter reality. Incels are a right wing group, and as such most of the internet uses as a slur at times against right wing users.

2. Family values? Clearly you must hate Trump then. Small government? You mean small enough to fit in a women's vag? Small government except if you hate cannabis.

3. Nah. I beat him in the debate fair and square.

@r-gamer said:

Colleges are generally pretty liberal. Censorship is a tool of the left. Having a logical debate is not their strong point. So they will generally show up in mass numbers and chant slogans or just ban you from having any type of discussion.

Yes. Colleges are generally pretty liberal because more liberals tend to work there and go there. Not due to a bias. Very few colleges are against logical debate, that's blown out of proportion. I've provided studies within this thread showing my statements are true.

Avatar image for r-gamer
#33 Edited by R-Gamer (447 posts) -

@zaryia: 1. No and you haven't really proved that. Your logic is they hate feminism therefore they are conservative. And what right wing group did they spawn from? Odd you know this but you don't know what a Chad is?

2. Not sure what your talking about

3. Hmmm not really I don't know the criteria for the debate.

Not sure what valid sources you've posted. I do know when people like Ben Shapiro or Milo or Ann Coulter show up to college campuses they were often banned or assaulted. This is not the the same of left wing activists. If it seems overblown the fact is most campuses don't have this issue because most don't have controversial political commentators showing up.

Avatar image for zaryia
#34 Posted by Zaryia (9470 posts) -
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia: 1. No and you haven't really proved that. Your logic is they hate feminism therefore they are conservative. And what right wing group did they spawn from? Odd you know this but you don't know what a Chad is?

2. Not sure what your talking about

3. Hmmm not really I don't know the criteria for the debate.

Not sure what valid sources you've posted. I do know when people like Ben Shapiro or Milo or Ann Coulter show up to college campuses they were often banned or assaulted. This is not the the same of left wing activists. If it seems overblown the fact is most campuses don't have this issue because most don't have controversial political commentators showing up.

1. Yes. Incels are a right wing thing. Like how SJWs are a left wing thing. I'm glad you can accept this fact.

2. K

3. Yeah it's overblown and its extremely rare. Colleges are colleges. Nothing crazy going on.

Avatar image for r-gamer
#35 Posted by R-Gamer (447 posts) -

@zaryia:

1. Lol I didn't accept anything but if were just speaking in broad terms then ok.

2. But you do acknowledge the left is more prone to censorship correct?

Avatar image for zaryia
#36 Posted by Zaryia (9470 posts) -
@r-gamer said:

@zaryia:

2. But you do acknowledge the left is more prone to censorship correct?

Yes.

Avatar image for jeezers
#37 Edited by jeezers (3173 posts) -

Nope the left never likes to admit when they are wrong, I remember reading all the comments about the covington kids, I mean it was brutal, I read death threats, people calling for them to be doxxed and have thier lives ruined. So eager to jump on these children and for what?

Seriously yes the full video was available from the beginning, the worst conduct was by the black israelites. What was there to attack these kids? Was it him smiling at a native man playing a drum in his face??

Im willing to bet if the covington kid had been black, asian, hispanic, doesnt matter, if he had been anything but white. Liberals wouldnt have gave a rats ass. Liberals are so eager to see a white person be racist, its like they get off on it, its sick lol

Avatar image for comeonman
#38 Edited by ComeOnMan (216 posts) -

@jeezers said:

Nope the left never likes to admit when they are wrong, I remember reading all the comments about the covington kids, I mean it was brutal, I read death threats, people calling for them to be doxxed and have thier lives ruined. So eager to jump on these children and for what?

Seriously yes the full video was available from the beginning, the worst conduct was by the black israelites. What was there to attack these kids? Was it him smiling at a native man playing a drum in his face??

Im willing to bet if the covington kid had been black, asian, hispanic, doesnt matter, if he had been anything but white. Liberals wouldnt have gave a rats ass. Liberals are so eager to see a white person be racist, its like they get off on it, its sick lol

This would be true until he put on a MAGA hat. Wearing a MAGA hat makes you unacceptable and worthy of condemnation, derision, even assault and destruction. No matter your race, gender, creed, or anything else, once you put on a MAGA hat, you become the sworn enemy of the left in this country, and must be destroyed.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#39 Posted by Jacanuk (18718 posts) -

@zaryia:

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

And also the problem is not with most of the students it´s with the staff and a very vocal very liberal group.

Professors/Staff:

Problem in your opinion. College Professors happen to be more liberal for a reason, as multiple studies show. And it's not due to "teh bias" (which is severely overblown as the links I posted earlier prove):

Why is the professoriate predominantly liberal? A. Because “There is an intrinsic link between liberalism and intelligence such that the more liberal views of those with advanced degrees reflect liberals’ greater academic potential.” [The liberals-are-smarter theory] B. “Because cognitive development occurs with additional years of schooling, leading the intelligentsia to find fault with what they see as simplistic conservative ideologies.” [The more-learning-makes-profs-liberal theory] C. Because the professoriate seeks a way to differentiate itself “from both the middle class and business elites.” [The profs-turn-liberal-because-they-resent-the-middle-classtheory] D. Because the entrenched liberals who dominate “knowledge work fields…refuse to hire colleagues with dissenting opinions.” [The liberals-are-biased-against-conservativestheory] E. Because “The professoriate acquired a reputation as a liberal occupation” and liberals today “acting on the basis of this reputation and seeking careers that accord with their political identities, are more likely than conservatives to aspire to become academics.” [The self-selection theory] F. Because conservatives are dogmatic and turn away from disciplines that require open-mindedness. [The liberals-are-more-open-minded theory] G. Because professors tend more than most Americans to reside in cities and have fewer children, which favors their embracing liberal political views. [The lifestyle-liberalismtheory] H. Because professors are, on average, less religious than other Americans, which corresponds with their being more liberal. [The grad-school-appeals-to-seculariststheory] I. Because conservatives are more materialistic and are drawn to private-sector jobs; while liberals, concerned more with their “sense of meaning,” are more likely to be drawn to academic work. [The conservatives-prefer-money-to-learning theory] This catalog of explanations is to be found in the first 11 pages of a new working paper by Ethan Fosse, Jeremy Freese, and Neil Gross, released yesterday. Their answer is an emphatic E. “Self-selection” in their view is the only answer for which they can find robust empirical support. If they are right, this should change one of the longest-running and often most bitter debates in contemporary higher education.

Yet more evidence for the self-selection theory comes from a 2007 study, "Left Pipeline: Why Conservatives Don't Get Doctorates," by the husband-and-wife social science team of Matthew Woessner of Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg and April Kelly-Woessner of Elizabethtown College.

Woessner and Kelly-Woessner based their findings on analysis they did from national surveys of freshmen and seniors conducted by the Higher Education Research Institute at the University of California, Los Angeles. They found that in both choices of majors and in personal values, conservatives seem to be taking themselves off the track for academic careers well before graduate school. The authors did not find evidence of statistically significant differences in grades or measures of academic performance, so most of the report is based on the premise that interests and experiences are at play, not aptitude.

For starters, the paper finds that conservatives are much more likely to pick majors in professional fields -- areas that tend to put students on the fast track for an M.B.A. (or for a job) more than a Ph.D. Only 9 percent of students on the far left and 18 percent of liberals major in professional fields, compared to 33 percent of conservatives and 37 percent of those who identify as being on the far right.

Further, the study finds that not only (as has been reported many times previously) do students who identify as liberal outnumber those who identify as conservative, but that those who are liberal are much more likely to consider a Ph.D. The UCLA survey of seniors found that only 13 percent of all students were considering a Ph.D. But the numbers were significantly higher for those on the left (24 percent of the far left and 18 percent of liberals) than on the right (11 percent of the far right and 9 percent of conservatives).

"If conservatives want more conservatives in charge of colleges, you're going to actually have to start working in that field."

Students:

There is no major indoctrination. Young people are just more liberal, viewpoints aren't changed heavily during College. Again studies state this:

But what hasn't been documented (aside from periodic anecdotes) is a claim made by many on the right: that liberal professors indoctrinate or intimidate students to share their beliefs. New research suggests that college is a time when students gain appreciation of multiple perspectives.

The research finds that, after one year in college, many students view both liberals and conservatives more favorably than when they arrived on campus (and by about the same margins). The researchers suggest that this shows that college -- or at least the freshman year -- isn't a time when students are indoctrinated, but is actually a time when they meet people with different views and come to respect them (regardless of whether they end up changing their own views).

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/02/05/research-suggests-colleges-broaden-students-political-views

@Jacanuk said:

And the lawsuit is far from frivolous, it´s actually a very strong care for defamation which is why the media is trying to portray the main kid as a public figure and not private.

I disagree. As do legal experts. Which is probably why the lawsuit has went no were so far.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/02/11/nick-sandmann-covcath-lacks-obvious-defamation-claim-experts-say/2757343002/

https://www.salon.com/2019/02/20/covington-catholic-lawsuit-against-washington-post-has-very-tough-burden-to-overcome-libel-expert/

Why are your posts always so messy.

Holy shit so you literally went "liberal = intelligence" You need a lot more than some random quote to prove that, so citation and it has to be a proper peer-reviewed article from a credited source.

Also, of course, 2 far-left leaning sources will disagree and "legal experts" is a bit far fetched when you pick two random sources with no credibility. But nowhere does it say it´s frivolous (Please look up the word before using it again) They both state that it´s an uphill battle, which is correct in the sense that anyone with a few seconds of legal knowledge would tell you that defamation-cases are very hard to prove especially when it´s against media. But as I said, the burden is much lower against a private individual then it is against a public which is why the main battle is going to be over that.

And clearly you need to look up how fast lawsuits like this move, because it´s not abnormal to take months and even years before something is finalized , so don´t try the BS with "It´s frivolous because nothing has happened" not only is that a blatantly false statement which you have no basis of saying, unless you are part in the case.

Avatar image for zaryia
#40 Edited by Zaryia (9470 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

Holy shit so you literally went "liberal = intelligence"

I never said this. I said (based off of studies) that liberals are more likely to become professors as that is something that interests them more. Hence Colleges have far more liberal staffs. Conservatives are more likely to be taking themselves off the track for academic careers before graduate school. Also, highly educated adults happen to take more liberal positions.

Highly educated adults – particularly those who have attended graduate school – are far more likely than those with less education to take predominantly liberal positions across a range of political values. And these differences have increased over the past two decades.

https://www.people-press.org/2016/04/26/a-wider-ideological-gap-between-more-and-less-educated-adults/ (STUDY)

If you don't trust Pew or the following studies I will provide, just look at education stats of Red v Blue states.

@Jacanuk said:

You need a lot more than some random quote to prove that, so citation and it has to be a proper peer-reviewed article from a credited source.

Jacanuk, the study was provided in my links. I will post more as well for you.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/41349128?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

https://wws.princeton.edu/system/files/research/documents/prentice_liberal_norms_and_their_discontents.pdf

https://www.conservativecriminology.com/uploads/5/6/1/7/56173731/conservativesoncampus.pdf (don't mind the website name it is hosted on, the original host URL is down. The study is posted).

Abstract

Results indicate that professors are more liberal than other Americans because a higher proportion possess advanced educational credentials, exhibit a disparity between their levels of education and income, identify as Jewish, non-religious, or non-theologically conservative Protestant, and express greater tolerance for controversial ideas.

Furthermore, numerous studies show there is no indoctrination.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/02/05/research-suggests-colleges-broaden-students-political-views

You skipped that part.

Not to say there isn't some intentional bias against conservatives and they are stopped from speaking in some events. It happens, very rarely. It's just blown out of proportion.

@Jacanuk said:

And clearly you need to look up how fast lawsuits like this move, because it´s not abnormal to take months and even years before something is finalized , so don´t try the BS with "It´s frivolous because nothing has happened" not only is that a blatantly false statement which you have no basis of saying, unless you are part in the case.

I believe it's frivolous as do legal experts. You are entitled to your opinion to think otherwise.

Avatar image for n64dd
#41 Posted by N64DD (11969 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Holy shit so you literally went "liberal = intelligence"

I never said this. I said (based off of studies) that liberals are more likely to become professors as that is something that interests them more. Hence Colleges have far more liberal staffs. Conservatives are more likely to be taking themselves off the track for academic careers before graduate school. Also, highly educated adults happen to take more liberal positions.

Highly educated adults – particularly those who have attended graduate school – are far more likely than those with less education to take predominantly liberal positions across a range of political values. And these differences have increased over the past two decades.

https://www.people-press.org/2016/04/26/a-wider-ideological-gap-between-more-and-less-educated-adults/ (STUDY)

If you don't trust Pew or the following studies I will provide, just look at education stats of Red v Blue states.

@Jacanuk said:

You need a lot more than some random quote to prove that, so citation and it has to be a proper peer-reviewed article from a credited source.

Jacanuk, the study was provided in my links. I will post more as well for you.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/41349128?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

https://wws.princeton.edu/system/files/research/documents/prentice_liberal_norms_and_their_discontents.pdf

https://www.conservativecriminology.com/uploads/5/6/1/7/56173731/conservativesoncampus.pdf (don't mind the website name it is hosted on, the original host URL is down. The study is posted).

Abstract

Results indicate that professors are more liberal than other Americans because a higher proportion possess advanced educational credentials, exhibit a disparity between their levels of education and income, identify as Jewish, non-religious, or non-theologically conservative Protestant, and express greater tolerance for controversial ideas.

Furthermore, numerous studies show there is no indoctrination.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/02/05/research-suggests-colleges-broaden-students-political-views

You skipped that part.

Not to say there isn't some intentional bias against conservatives and they are stopped from speaking in some events. It happens, very rarely. It's just blown out of proportion.

@Jacanuk said:

And clearly you need to look up how fast lawsuits like this move, because it´s not abnormal to take months and even years before something is finalized , so don´t try the BS with "It´s frivolous because nothing has happened" not only is that a blatantly false statement which you have no basis of saying, unless you are part in the case.

I believe it's frivolous as do legal experts. You are entitled to your opinion to think otherwise.

Those who do, do, those who don't, teach.