Former President Donald Trump Impeachment trail part 2 starts today! (Feb 9th 2021) Who will survive?

• 128 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

Starts today at 1:00pm U.S time:

I want to see how Republicans deal with the actual evidence being put in front of their faces. So much deflect is to be expected of course. Mitt Romney, Murkowski and Toomey I believe are the only Republicans who are sure to vote to convict. Sasse, Collins, and McConnell are a maybe.\

Guilty or not Guilty?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

we all know how it's going to turn out.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#3 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

What a silly ordeal, but I'm sure there will be plenty in the media along with some obsessed keyboard warriors whom will sink into the coverage.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

What a silly ordeal, but I'm sure there will be plenty in the media along with some obsessed keyboard warriors whom will sink into the coverage.

Yeah, how dare they hold a former president accountable for his criminal acts.

Don't they know law and order is for the poor? Law and order for the rich and powerful takes too much time.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@drunk_pi said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Don't they know law and order is for the poor? Law and order for the rich and powerful takes too much time.

There is no criminal acts. This is not a criminal trial nor does it have any similarities of any criminal trial. This is a political act in a political theater, but hey, I guess that's all you got.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

There is no criminal acts. This is not a criminal trial nor does it have any similarities of any criminal trial. This is a political act in a political theater, but hey, I guess that's all you got.

Hilarious.

Democrat president gets a BJ. IMPEACH!

Republican president incites a riot that gets people killed. NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@heathen75 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Hilarious.

Democrat president gets a BJ. IMPEACH!

Republican president incites a riot that gets people killed. NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

It's a serious stretch to consider his statements/tweets/etc as the criminal act of "inciting a riot" -- political posturing is still constitutionally protected speech. But indeed, I understand it's a fragile time for many in the social media era however and thus easy to be "shaken" by words.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Man I went like five days without seeing the words "Trump" anywhere and this thread just ruined it.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Well as long as it stops him from running again.

And I am betting that's where it will go; they'll strike a deal where they leave him alone if he promises not to run again.

But yeah this is all just show, nothing of great consequence will happen. Anyone looking for any sort of "justice" won't get it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Did they acquit Trump yet?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:

Man I went like five days without seeing the words "Trump" anywhere and this thread just ruined it.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

And I am betting that's where it will go; they'll strike a deal where they leave him alone if he promises not to run again.

But yeah this is all just show, nothing of great consequence will happen. Anyone looking for any sort of "justice" won't get it.

I would surmise it's not even about that, with respect to preventing him from running again. While Democrats would arise in glee to such a thing transpiring, they lack the Republican votes in the Senate.

It's actually a very strategic move by the Speaker to get Republican names attached to voting "no" - to later have said votes along imagery of the capital rioting. It's playing pretty nasty politics to tailor the impeachment narrowly as so with no chance of success, but also equally brilliant.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Serraph105

@Stevo_the_gamer: Republicans could always try to do the right thing and vote yes, buuut that's difficult for them.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Serraph105 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Republicans could always try to do the right thing and vote yes, buuut that's difficult for them.

Trump has an high approval rating among their Republican base (~90%). I wouldn't dabble in the relative "right" or "wrong" silliness in a incompetent political theater.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105

@Stevo_the_gamer: so it's cool to incite an insurrection if I'm popular enough and right and wrong go out the window?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:

Sorry about that but we gotta get that trial out the way, so lets get this crap over with.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Serraph105 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: so it's cool to incite an insurrection if I'm popular enough and right and wrong go out the window?

Really depends on what aisle you're on when it comes to political posturing. But I come from a profession where politicians were encouraging protest, and encouraging acts of violence by promising to bail/bond out the arrested, along with advertising how to avoid detection.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@Serraph105 said:

The problem here imo is that if you can't impeach a former president, isn't the president essentially above the law and above any punishment or reproach for anything they do in the last few days of their term?

@Serraph105 said:

Did they acquit Trump yet?

Impeachment technically happened during the Presidency, so I'd say it's definitely still constitutional to hold the trial.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19566 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: Maybe I missed something, but I don't see how AOC's post there is inciting violence. She was posting tips about how to protest safely, told people to not bring weapons, and told people to avoid protests where people damage property.

Maybe there are other posts where she and her allies were constantly encouraging the mob to "fight" and demanding a "trial by combat" and all the other things Team Trump did?

Anyway, back on topic, the outcome of this is most likely going to be political theatre.

The fact of the matter is that Trump either deliberately or recklessly incited a mob and directed them to the Capitol, in a situation where he knew or ought to have known members of the mob had posted online death threats to the people working there. Trump then made minimal efforts to stop the violence once it started. Those things aren't deniable, and Trump should absolutely be barred from office in the future (for this event alone, let alone his four years of terribleness).

But sure, the Republicans won't convict him. They have to worry about their own careers, not about the good of the country. The only way it'll happen is if the Republicans think removing Trump will increase their own personal chances of rising to the top - and I just don't see that happening en masse.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

Trump tweeted out that Pence was betraying him as the Capitol was being stormed, while they were in the midst of setting up the noose. It doesn't get much more inciting a mob than that. They should do a blind vote so we can convict and be rid of the clownshow.

What really irks me the most though isn't even inciting the angry mob. It is horrendous and totally impeachable, but honestly Trump's just a dipshit, he can weasel out of it by just saying "oops I didn't mean to." But once things were well under way, once it was clear it was becoming insurrection, once they were breaking down the doors and calling for hangings, Trump sat on his ass and did nothing.

That's just full dereliction. He did not care at all to defend our most important government building and it's elected officials despite being the highest authority of the executive branch.

No one like that should ever be allowed to hold public office.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Several legal experts, and most Americans, disagree.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Trump's legal defense is all over the place, there's no consistency. We found out that we can't indict a sitting president for actual crimes of obstruction of justice. Now they're saying he can't be charged with impeachment after he's out, but then again Mitch McConnell purposely delayed the trial until after 1/20. This effectively gives the president leeway to do whatever the f*ck they want.

The party of 'personal responsibility' is determined to let someone off when they commit easily impeachable offenses. But of course expecting people to be held accountable is 'silly'. I hope Trump 'learned his lesson' this time though, right Susan?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zaryia

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@drunk_pi said:

I would surmise it's not even about that, with respect to preventing him from running again. While Democrats would arise in glee to such a thing transpiring, they lack the Republican votes in the Senate.

It's actually a very strategic move by the Speaker to get Republican names attached to voting "no" - to later have said votes along imagery of the capital rioting. It's playing pretty nasty politics to tailor the impeachment narrowly as so with no chance of success, but also equally brilliant.

I don't considering it your typical nasty politics for the Democrats when it comes to this specific instance. This wasn't your typical "lets make him pay for that silly little gaff!". Trump caused a god damn mess of historic proportions - it was a big deal. January 6th will go down in history as a huge stain. And they are making sure he continues to get shit on for it.

Most Americans want him convicted, and he's the least popular POTUS in history for what he spurred on. No matter what you say, the Trump Mob was there in the first place because of TRUMP's fake conspiracy theory. They thought Biden stole the election, it's why they came to his rally that day. No fake Trump conspiracy and No capitol raid, and that's not even getting into specific incitement claims just a general factual statement.

Whether it's a high crime or not or if he is convicted or not, he objectively caused this one way or the other.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Drunk_PI

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Serraph105 said:

Really depends on what aisle you're on when it comes to political posturing. But I come from a profession where politicians were encouraging protest, and encouraging acts of violence by promising to bail/bond out the arrested, along with advertising how to avoid detection.

Perhaps it's because your profession is the problem as evidenced numerous times in the past decade. But even then, this has been ongoing. It's just now out in the open thanks to video.

Also, that post was not encouraging and/or inciting violence. Encouraging people to protest is not a crime and the post itself has nothing criminal to it. It even said not to bring a weapon.

You're desperately reaching for something that doesn't exist, but I guess that comes with a profession that seeks to charge minority groups for frivolous criminal acts while protecting your own kin and now the politicians that suck up to thugs in uniform that commit violent, unconstitutional acts.

Where as Trump and his cohorts have encouraged violence numerous times from the 2016 election to end it all with a political insurrection that left several dead - including an officer (I guess he was on the wrong side of "backing the blue") - and many injured on Jan. 6.

Yeah you and the trumpettes are as "law and order" as tofu is meat.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zaryia

@drunk_pi said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Serraph105 said:

Perhaps it's because your profession is the problem as evidenced numerous times in the past decade. But even then, this has been ongoing. It's just now out in the open thanks to video.

Also, that post was not encouraging and/or inciting violence. Encouraging people to protest is not a crime and the post itself has nothing criminal to it. It even said not to bring a weapon.

You're desperately reaching for something that doesn't exist but I guess that comes with a profession that seeks to charge minority groups for frivolous criminal acts while protecting your own kin and now the politicians that suck up to thugs in uniform that commit violent, unconstitutional acts.

Where as Trump and his cohorts have encouraged violence numerous times from the 2016 election to end it all with a political insurrection that left several dead - including an officer (I guess he was on the wrong side of "backing the blue" - and many injured on Jan. 6.

Also people keep forgetting Trump egged these people on for months and they literally were only there because of his specific lie. They literally left from HIS rally that day. There is NO comparison.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@drunk_pi said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Serraph105 said:

You're desperately reaching for something that doesn't exist, but I guess that comes with a profession that seeks to charge minority groups for frivolous criminal acts while protecting your own kin and now the politicians that suck up to thugs in uniform that commit violent, unconstitutional acts.

Where as Trump and his cohorts have encouraged violence numerous times from the 2016 election to end it all with a political insurrection that left several dead - including an officer (I guess he was on the wrong side of "backing the blue") - and many injured on Jan. 6.

Context matters. Unless, perhaps, you mean how over a hundred thousand officers make dozens of MILLIONS of encounters every year yet the media and obsessed keyboard warriors care only about the 0.00001 percent? I argue a "problem" may be a collective of "adults" (a term used lightly) who continue to comment on issues they have no experience/knowledge on. But it's the internet, and it would be naive to assume the better.

But sure, if that's all you got, because peaceful "protests" require highlighting the importance of wearing all unified coloring (not identifying clothing), no tattoos, and definitely not revealing your face! Because peaceful protests wouldn't ever highlight the gravity of arrest, for again, peaceful protest. Peaceful protest wouldn't necessitate the highlighting of bringing items to combat anti-dispersal agents, because why would "peaceful" protests require highlighting such items? I wonder. Hmm. Again, it's merely posturing from a disgusting and revolting political avenue. And they have the right to do as they please, and I wouldn't argue otherwise for orwellian thought, unlike some, their opinions does not dictate my line of thinking.

At least you gave an effort though, but if that's all you got on a completely unrelated reply, then I look forward to what future comes to pass.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@drunk_pi said:

I don't considering it your typical nasty politics for the Democrats when it comes to this specific instance. This wasn't your typical "lets make him pay for that silly little gaff!". Trump caused a god damn mess of historic proportions - it was a big deal. January 6th will go down in history as a huge stain. And they are making sure he continues to get shit on for it.

Most Americans want him convicted, and he's the least popular POTUS in history for what he spurred on. No matter what you say, the Trump Mob was there in the first place because of TRUMP's fake conspiracy theory. They thought Biden stole the election, it's why they came to his rally that day. No fake Trump conspiracy and No capitol raid, and that's not even getting into specific incitement claims just a general factual statement.

Whether it's a high crime or not or if he is convicted or not, he objectively caused this one way or the other.

No, for Democrats aren't myopic on one singular incident. They've been gunning for Trump since 2016 and perpetuated false narratives (collusion) for years to assist them in combating Trump. I don't for a second think they would let any minor, or major, transgression come to pass without the hanging hammer of judgement above such. I don't blame them either. Trump completely eviscerated their 2016 hopes and continued to poke their eyes in every juvenile manner humanly possible since then. Trump reaped what he sowed and is paying the price for his behavior. Many would say deservedly so.

As for very arbitrary and misleading poll opinions, I could care less what the collective opinion thinks on "punishment" for a crime they couldn't possibly entertain, nor for a case they couldn't possibly establish. I try to establish opinions of my own instead of allowing others to dictate how I think.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

From what I’ve read and watched from qualified legal opinions on both sides of the aisle, it’ll be a hard sell to establish incitement in legal metric operating strictly from what was stated at that rally. I think that is a lost cause, but the symbolism is paramount.

But to claim Trump bears no responsibility for what transpired is nonetheless absurd. He has been sowing a delusional narrative based on a complete lie for months while stoking a partisan fervor he’s been hammering at for years to be able to leverage such emotional potency to effect. Which is precisely what he did.

Just because this didn’t happen in the micro where the law concerns itself in the specific doesn’t absolve Trump in the broader accountability. He and his defenders love to cower and operate in the ambiguity left behind in the absence of the explicit; it is how they’ve excused the worst of his inclinations, but in the larger picture unimpeded by myopia, he’s guilty as sin.

Let him be disgraced in history as a twice impeached, one-term failure. The feces smeared on the halls of Congress by the “Patriot Party” marching in his name fully bear his stench, and America won’t forget.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I doubt the Republicans will actually do the right thing for a party that preaches law and order they are just a bunch of hypocrites. But really this is no surprise they don't really stand for anything but trying to own the libs basically trolls on the internet that has merged into real life. All these Trump supporters that have support the blue signs on their front yard are a damn joke.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator

@girlusocrazy said:

They made a good point during the trial yesterday on the founding fathers' intents on the constitutionality of impeachment of former officials. All impeachments during the lifetimes of the founding fathers happened to former officials.

It was funny when Trump's lawyer suggested they can just arrest Trump and don't need impeachment.

If their was ever a case where the Founding Fathers predicted the Impeachment Process needed to be used, Trump is the best case. If Trump isn't deserving, then nobody is. If the Republicans put the same standards and conviction that they put toward the Clinton impeachment, then this is a no brainer, but unfortunately, the Republicans have no brains any more.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23031 Posts

@davillain-: They have no ethics. They know exactly what they're doing.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#31 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

It's pretty much a given that he's going to be acquitted. He shouldn't be, but he more than likely will. I hate the argument that they can't hold the trial because he's no longer in office because it essentially means that the president can act like a king for a month at the end of his term with no consequences. Couldn't stand to listen to Trump's lawyers ramble on yesterday.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

You still think Trump is fit to be president?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zaryia

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

No, for Democrats aren't myopic on one singular incident. They've been gunning for Trump since 2016 and perpetuated false narratives (collusion) for years to assist them in combating Trump. I don't for a second think they would let any minor, or major, transgression come to pass without the hanging hammer of judgement above such. I don't blame them either. Trump completely eviscerated their 2016 hopes and continued to poke their eyes in every juvenile manner humanly possible since then. Trump reaped what he sowed and is paying the price for his behavior. Many would say deservedly so.

As for very arbitrary and misleading poll opinions, I could care less what the collective opinion thinks on "punishment" for a crime they couldn't possibly entertain, nor for a case they couldn't possibly establish. I try to establish opinions of my own instead of allowing others to dictate how I think.

I agree with you their calls for impeachment for the first few years were indeed quite dumb. But this time it seems very warranted, and not just that most Americans agree with it, so do many legal experts. If this isn't an impeachable offense, nothing really is (as they say).

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zaryia

Damn house manager's showing good evidence.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

LOL these thedonald.win comments.

how fucking stupid are these people? how do they function in their everyday lives??

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zaryia

The people were there on the 6th because Trump told them to come on the 6th at his rally.

The people were there because they thought Biden stole the election, since Trump told them so. The reason they stormed the Capitol was literally the same, the election lie from Trump. These are facts.

Actual crime found or not or not, you're objectively wrong if you think January 6th wasn't Trump's fault. It being his fault will always be a fact. Conservatives here agree on this fact right?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zaryia

I wanna ask the far right posters here, why do you think the mob called for the death of Pence? He's a Republican. Why did this change happen?

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

Trump that b!tch

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@zaryia said:

The people were there on the 6th because Trump told them to come on the 6th at his rally.

And that is the reason why it's an easily impeachable offense. This would not have happened if Trump had simply conceded. This simple fact is skirted around by every republican that is asked.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Drunk_PI

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Context matters. Unless, perhaps, you mean how over a hundred thousand officers make dozens of MILLIONS of encounters every year yet the media and obsessed keyboard warriors care only about the 0.00001 percent? I argue a "problem" may be a collective of "adults" (a term used lightly) who continue to comment on issues they have no experience/knowledge on. But it's the internet, and it would be naive to assume the better.

A link to Trump's history of incitement of violence. Not hard to find unless you choose to base your opinions on being ignorant. It's a choice, albeit not a good choice.

What should the media do? Not report the news? Not report obvious proof of police brutality to protect scumbags in uniform because in your opinion, it's just 0.00001%?

I'd argue that most adults don't want to be harassed by the police constantly when they're not committing criminal acts. Or, you know, not get killed because they get their wallet or they're holding a phone, regardless if they commit a crime or not. Or better yet, not get killed by a bunch of incompetent trigger-happy cops while sleeping in her own bed, who got the wrong address. But hold up, obvious criminal acts by the police cannot be criticized by the average commoner so sayeth the "professionals."

And if a police officer does commit a criminal act, ah.... you know... hold them accountable. Not hard but perhaps it triggers the "law and order" crowd.

But sure, if that's all you got, because peaceful "protests" require highlighting the importance of wearing all unified coloring (not identifying clothing), no tattoos, and definitely not revealing your face! Because peaceful protests wouldn't ever highlight the gravity of arrest, for again, peaceful protest. Peaceful protest wouldn't necessitate the highlighting of bringing items to combat anti-dispersal agents, because why would "peaceful" protests require highlighting such items? I wonder. Hmm. Again, it's merely posturing from a disgusting and revolting political avenue. And they have the right to do as they please, and I wouldn't argue otherwise for orwellian thought, unlike some, their opinions does not dictate my line of thinking.

It's a peaceful protest until the police start shooting teargas when your buddy Trump wants a photo-op. Perhaps it's protection against the police who can't differentiate a peaceful protest or a riot as evidenced with some BLM protests and the Jan. 6 riot during the initial part.

At least you gave an effort though, but if that's all you got on a completely unrelated reply, then I look forward to what future comes to pass.

Pointing out the hypocrisy of the "law and order" trumpettes who think a trail against Trump's criminality is unrelated? Also pointing out how a "law and order" supporter thinks an impeachment trail against Trump is nonsense despite the obvious facts?

lol ok there buddy.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Drunk_PI
@zaryia said:

I wanna ask the far right posters here, why do you think the mob called for the death of Pence? He's a Republican. Why did this change happen?

They won't respond and they won't care. At this point, they're cultists and nothing more.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@zaryia: Obviously because Soros Hilary G5 antennas satanic baby eaters. Hate to point the obvious.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@drunk_pi said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

A link to Trump's history of incitement of violence. Not hard to find unless you choose to base your opinions on being ignorant. It's a choice, albeit not a good choice.

What should the media do? Not report the news? Not report obvious proof of police brutality to protect scumbags in uniform because in your opinion, it's just 0.00001%?

I'd argue that most adults don't want to be harassed by the police constantly when they're not committing criminal acts. Or, you know, not get killed because they get their wallet or they're holding a phone, regardless if they commit a crime or not. Or better yet, not get killed by a bunch of incompetent trigger-happy cops while sleeping in her own bed, who got the wrong address. But hold up, obvious criminal acts by the police cannot be criticized by the average commoner so sayeth the "professionals."

And if a police officer does commit a criminal act, ah.... you know... hold them accountable. Not hard but perhaps it triggers the "law and order" crowd.

It's a peaceful protest until the police start shooting teargas when your buddy Trump wants a photo-op. Perhaps it's protection against the police who can't differentiate a peaceful protest or a riot as evidenced with some BLM protests and the Jan. 6 riot during the initial part.

Pointing out the hypocrisy of the "law and order" trumpettes who think a trail against Trump's criminality is unrelated? Also pointing out how a "law and order" supporter thinks an impeachment trail against Trump is nonsense despite the obvious facts?

lol ok there buddy.

You might as well have posted an article from Salon, but ignoring all the irrelevant material until late 2020 and 2021. I see Vox gave one citation for 2021; the rally on 01/06/2021 where they provide a tiny excerpt; "You will never take back our country with weakness". Um, okay, that's crazy inciteful - oh wait, let's look at the bigger picture and see where that sentence was in a paragraph...

"Anyone you want, but I think right here, we’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

Sounds like boring political posturing to me, but I'm sure the fragile souls at Vox were trembling. And the earliest in the timeline before that was October 8th of 2020? Where he tweets out "liberate" to three (3) different states? That's some shocking tweeting in the last few months of his presidency.

As for the rest of the boring repeated conjecture, I will respectfully agree to disagree.

@zaryia said:

I agree with you their calls for impeachment for the first few years were indeed quite dumb. But this time it seems very warranted, and not just that most Americans agree with it, so do many legal experts. If this isn't an impeachable offense, nothing really is (as they say).

It's political theater, and the antics shouldn't surprise anyone.

@horgen said:

You still think Trump is fit to be president?

He's no longer President, so that's an odd question.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

I've been fairly light on the coverage but I've caught bits and pieces, from both sides.

I really couldn't tell you what will be Trump's fate, but I find myself both bemused and entertained by the ongoing shit-show that is the Trump era of America.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@drunk_pi said:

The actual recent "evidence" relevant to say impeachment (a whopping two examples in the last few months) shown by Vox had the depth a puddle; as I showcased how one example lacked context and was misleading and the other featured a whopping two (2) words in a tweet (ex: liberate virginia). Real high speed material evidence from Vox. I'm not sure why you would direct me to search engines? Or is that your escape?

And no, I don't defend criminal actions. You regurgitate the same old emotion driven mantra in your repeated replies. It's kinda boring. The "i know you are but what am i" elementary behavior is equally boring. You can disagree without being disagreeable, perhaps you will be able to follow the golden rule elsewhere.