Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@tryit: China tries to block content*

Messing with dynamic IP’s. My god you’re a moron.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By N64DD

What blows my mind is how people like you think changing a Dynamic IP does anything. You honestly wouldnt even make it out it NAT.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@n64dd said:

@tryit: China tries to block content*

Messing with dynamic IP’s. My god you’re a moron.

That was a joke goofy

the NSA is part of a massive conspiracy to make the president look bad but they dont have access to your machines location on the internet that the Department of Defense made....riiiiiiight. they are just using the same tools you or I can download from the interwebs. yeah thats it!

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@n64dd: I don't know why you're arguing with him. After I realized he was a troll that loved to post in circles and move goal posts to try and win an argument (facts be damned), I just stopped responding to his posts.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 N64DD

@tryit: You constantly go after Bush for Iraq War which was bad intel, but we should trust them 100 percent.

I will repeat, they can’t 100 percent track people. NSA and FBI don’t even do that, that’s more NGA.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@n64dd: " China tries to block content*

Messing with dynamic IP’s. My god you’re a moron."

Lol that was great. People give the govt way too much credit for stopping cyber attacks. Russia and China have better hackers than the U.S. There are 100,000+ attempted hacks happening everyday, a ton being successful. It's just not possible to block everything. @tryit

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 N64DD
@joshrmeyer said:

Lol that was great. People give the govt way too much credit for stopping cyber attacks. Russia and China have better hackers than the U.S. There are 100,000+ attempted hacks happening everyday, a ton being successful. It's just not possible to block everything. @tryit

India has better hackers than all of them.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TryIt

@n64dd said:

@tryit: You constantly go after Bush for Iraq War which was bad intel, but we should trust them 100 percent.

I will repeat, they can’t 100 percent track people. NSA and FBI don’t even do that, that’s more NGA.

I repeat....

They are not going to submit evidence in an indictment based on god damn spoofing attack and you fucking know it!

PEROID

also..I dont think the Intel Community ever did say that there was WMD in Iraq, that just came from the White House and Powel.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

that was a joke.

dude...there is no way in the love of hell the FBI would ever in any circumstances submit to the FISA court evidence based on findings in a god damn spoofing attack. that is unbelievably absurd. They are going to validate this with tools that you do not have access too

more over, he knows it

fun fact..in the indictments they illustrate how the Russians tried a Spoofing attack. So its not like the FBI doesnt know what spoofing is

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@tryit said:
@JimB said:

Forgive me if I don't believe anything coming out of the FBI headquarters in Washington DC. Further investigation the FBI did not do much in the way of investigating Hillary's servers as they did not have access to all of them and another agency found evidence of the hack.

and I want to ask you this question again for the billionith time.

what is it about Trump specifically that they would be so afraid of that they would be taking these unprecedented steps at deception on a level never done against any other President in history.

is it because he wants to build a wall? I want to listen to your theory with an open mind because its completely possible that intel community could be corrupt but you need to explain the motovation.

Because he was an outsider, not part of the establishment. He looks at things differently. The big hubbub about Brennan losing his clearance is because they are worth big money after government service just to name one. There are many other things the unelected bureaucrats do they do not want brought to the light of day. Like the millions of dollars Robert Mueller paid a defense company that Comey work for and collected $6,000,000 in one year and he worked for the company for four years. Of course that is tax payer money. That den of crooks in DC needs cleaned out.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TryIt

@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:

Forgive me if I don't believe anything coming out of the FBI headquarters in Washington DC. Further investigation the FBI did not do much in the way of investigating Hillary's servers as they did not have access to all of them and another agency found evidence of the hack.

what is it about Trump specifically that they would be so afraid of that they would be taking these unprecedented steps at deception on a level never done against any other President in history.

is it because he wants to build a wall? I want to listen to your theory with an open mind because its completely possible that intel community could be corrupt but you need to explain the motovation.

Because he was an outsider, not part of the establishment. He looks at things differently....

please provide more detail on exactly what it is specifically the establishment is afraid he will do.

your comment is far to abstract to justify that they would go to that length.

are they afraid of The Wall? is it Tax Cuts they are afraid of? do they feel the ACA is part of National Security? be more specific.

your Brennan example does not explain why now and not every single year in the past 30 years.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 N64DD
@tryit said:
@joshrmeyer said:

that was a joke.

dude...there is no way in the love of hell the FBI would ever in any circumstances submit to the FISA court evidence based on findings in a god damn spoofing attack. that is unbelievably absurd. They are going to validate this with tools that you do not have access too

more over, he knows it

fun fact..in the indictments they illustrate how the Russians tried a Spoofing attack. So its not like the FBI doesnt know what spoofing is

FBI doesn't do tracking, NGA does.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@joshrmeyer said:

that was a joke.

more over, he knows it

FBI doesn't do tracking, NGA does.

oh for the love of god, yes I mean to say the FBI gathered their information from other Intel organizations. I already know that, I dont know exactly what information they gather specifically from which organizations but I know that if its interational that yes..they would NOT be doing that work but they would be given the information from the founding.

more over...YOU KNOW THAT

and you SHOULD know by reading my posts that I would likely know that too OR could find it out really easy.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TryIt

@n64dd

I think I finally understand what you are thinking.

You dont think the Intel community doesn't know what spoofing is, you dont think they are not aware that would be weak evidence in an indictment, you think for reasons of conspiracy they are trying to make it look it its solid.

is that more accurate?

Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:

Because he was an outsider, not part of the establishment. He looks at things differently. The big hubbub about Brennan losing his clearance is because they are worth big money after government service just to name one. There are many other things the unelected bureaucrats do they do not want brought to the light of day. Like the millions of dollars Robert Mueller paid a defense company that Comey work for and collected $6,000,000 in one year and he worked for the company for four years. Of course that is tax payer money. That den of crooks in DC needs cleaned out.

The company in question is Lockheed Martin.

Lockheed Martin hires James Comey, a security professional with a sterling record as a Senior Vice President and General Counsel, which is of course going to be a well paid position.

The FBI, with Mueller as its head awards multiple contracts to Lockheed Martin, one of the best known defense contractors in the world, for a variety of services while Comey happens to be there (and probably during every other period of the last several decades, but that doesn't suit your conspiracy).

Because these two obvious and innocuous things are facts, you draw the conclusion that the FBI is a "den of crooks"? Without making a single specific inappropriate or untoward accusation.

You say "they do not want it brought to the light of day," yet no one attempted to hide either of these facts.

It is one thing to take note of the facts, it is another to draw wildly overstated conclusions based on facts.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TryIt

@Seiki_sands said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:

The company in question is Lockheed Martin.

Lockheed Martin hires James Comey, a security professional with a sterling record as a Senior Vice President and General Counsel, which is of course going to be a well paid position.

The FBI, with Mueller as its head awards multiple contracts to Lockheed Martin, one of the best known defense contractors in the world, for a variety of services while Comey happens to be there (and probably during every other period of the last several decades, but that doesn't suit your conspiracy).

Because these two obvious and innocuous things are facts, you draw the conclusion that the FBI is a "den of crooks"? Without making a single specific inappropriate or untoward accusation.

You say "they do not want it brought to the light of day," yet no one attempted to hide either of these facts.

It is one thing to take note of the facts, it is another to draw wildly overstated conclusions based on facts.

why do they keep making these assertions as if nobody is going to look it up?

do they just sit and wait for the 'assertion of the day' and just roll with it over and over and over and over again

Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Seiki_sands

@n64dd said:
@joshrmeyer said:

You two have the sense to know our government cannot be on top of everything.

Yet, somehow you have the naivety to believe the far messier, less competent and more corrupt government of Russia is immune from mistakes when mounting a large cyber operation that would allow them to strike hundreds of targets over a large swath of time without a trace? Putin's Russia is not a place of unparalleled competence, or even average competence.

And a question, hackers can't be tracked? Even while using VPNs, even in combination with Tor, your assuming government agencies aren't tracking the Russians with locally installed software, which is a foolish assumption as the two nations have been spying on each other with both human and signals intelligence for decades. The US could easily have spies in the GRU, or at least with access to install malware. Even without that, tools like TURTLEPOWER and CORALREEF were specifically designed to attack VPN traffic, and I'm sure Russian systems are a constant top priority with resources pointed at them 24/7?

Further, there are forensics that add up to a preponderance of evidence. There are some kinds of encryption that only APT 28 or APT 29 has ever been known to use, evidence of which may be on the servers. There could be key-loggers and data sniffers of particular design that may be left behind, pointing to the groups with hard-coded addresses used in previous attacks and like evidence. Sometimes you don't even need forensics, the hackers that sent out the original phishing emails used the bitly link-shortener for the urls, and used an account created by someone using a domain controlled by Fancy Bear, because sometimes hackers are incompetent.

Also, Mueller's indictments identify the people behind Guccifer 2.0 as Russian agents thanks to one of the agents slipping up and forgetting to mask their identity with a VPN on occasion, and the whole world is aware they were the original disseminators of the stolen material. Crowdstrike identified the malware used as being associated with Russia using forensics, which was quickly followed by confirmations of other cybersecurity firms like Mandiant and Fidelis.

And it's not like these allegations occurred in a vacuum. You also have a drunken George Papadopoulos telling an Australian diplomat what the Russians (not the Chinese) did before anyone knew about the hack. You have the Trump tower meeting where the Russians (not the Chinese) advertised to the coterie of Trump's campaign bigshots that they wanted to help. How can you not find the intelligence agencies' assessment compelling when combined with such evidence? Did the Chinese spoof the existence of Natalia Veselnitskaya, is she really a Chinese agent with a really good disguise?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TryIt

@Seiki_sands said:
@n64dd said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Yet, somehow you have the naivety to believe the far messier, less competent and more corrupt government of Russia is immune from mistakes when mounting a large cyber operation that would allow them to strike hundreds of targets over a large swath of time without a trace? Putin's Russia is not a place of unparalleled competence, or even average competence.

And a question, hackers can't be tracked? Even while using VPNs, even in combination with Tor, your assuming government agencies aren't tracking the Russians with locally installed software, which is a foolish assumption as the two nations have been spying on each other with both human and signals intelligence for decades. The US could easily have spies in the GRU, or at least with access to install malware. Even without that, tools like TURTLEPOWER and CORALREEF were specifically designed to attack VPN traffic, and I'm sure Russian systems are a constant top priority with resources pointed at them 24/7?

Further, there are forensics that add up to a preponderance of evidence. There are some kinds of encryption that only APT 28 or APT 29 has ever been known to use, evidence of which may be on the servers. There could be key-loggers and data sniffers of particular design that may be left behind, pointing to the groups with hard-coded addresses used in previous attacks and like evidence. Sometimes you don't even need forensics, the hackers that sent out the original phishing emails used the bitly link-shortener for the urls, and used an account created by someone using a domain controlled by Fancy Bear, because sometimes hackers are incompetent.

Also, Mueller's indictments identify the people behind Guccifer 2.0 as Russian agents thanks to one of the agents slipping up and forgetting to mask their identity with a VPN on occasion, and the whole world is aware they were the original disseminators of the stolen material. Crowdstrike identified the malware used as being associated with Russia using forensics, which was quickly followed by confirmations of other cybersecurity firms like Mandiant and Fidelis.

they would not give that level of detail if they felt like there was a chance that the information they had was based on being spoofed.

peroid

they know what that is, they know to look out for it, they know it would not be super strong evidence, they know to not submit that to the FISA court

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 N64DD
@tryit said:
@Seiki_sands said:
@n64dd said:
@joshrmeyer said:

they would not give that level of detail if they felt like there was a chance that the information they had was based on being spoofed.

peroid

they know what that is, they know to look out for it, they know it would not be super strong evidence, they know to not submit that to the FISA court

People still using basic ideas like VPN's and spoofing are so clueless in this conversation.

It's like if we all started talking cars, and I said mine is red and comes with keys.

Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Seiki_sands

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@Seiki_sands said:
@n64dd said:
@joshrmeyer said:

peroid

People still using basic ideas like VPN's and spoofing are so clueless in this conversation.

It's like if we all started talking cars, and I said mine is red and comes with keys.

First instance of spoofing brought up in this thread...

"Between being able to spoof everything, and bounce around on a ping pong ball, it's impossible" n64dd

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@n64dd: I think both sides in this argument are clueless. No one knows what capabilities the government has. They tend to have tech before the general population.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TryIt

@Seiki_sands said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@Seiki_sands said:
@n64dd said:

peroid

First instance of spoofing brought up in this thread...

"Between being able to spoof everything, and bounce around on a ping pong ball, it's impossible" n64dd

'spoofing' and how the Russians tried it is also in the indictment. literally that word

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic: They contract out their IT so yeah...a lot of it is known.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:

@LJS9502_basic: They contract out their IT so yeah...a lot of it is known.

Some of their IT. Not all.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic: About 80-90 percent.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:

@LJS9502_basic: About 80-90 percent.

LOL are you pulling that figure out of your ass? No way you know the percentage.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic: Everybody contracts out now, including the government.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:

@LJS9502_basic: Everybody contracts out now, including the government.

So I was correct. You pulled the stats out of your ass.