Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Lmao....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/04/29/epa-removes-climate-change-data-other-scientific-information-website/101072040/

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

Didn't you hear? If you just pretend that it isn't happening, everything will be okay!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

The government doesn't have sovereign control over the ability for anyone to prevent global warming. Carpool, recycle, solar, wind, thermal energy, etc. The EPA favors CO2 emission better expect them to act like global warming isn't real.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I'm surprised it took this long.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@perfect_blue said:

I'm surprised it took this long.

Maybe there was resistance?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I remember when an inconvenient truth came out...."climate change" scientists "quite a few still called it global warming then" often were caught having intimate moments with the video..... The same video that claimed all glaciers and the Artic ice cap would be melted by 2013..... I'm still waiting for these events.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

I remember when an inconvenient truth came out...."climate change" scientists "quite a few still called it global warming then" often were caught having intimate moments with the video..... The same video that claimed all glaciers and the Artic ice cap would be melted by 2013..... I'm still waiting for these events.

Just because predictions were off (if not fear-mongered), doesn't mean it isn't real.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Interesting, sources please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

This is the dumbest argument I have ever heard. You may as well say the earth isn't round because at one time scientists thought it was flat and they were wrong. Uneducated drivel.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Gore said they could be gone by... not that they would be. The "could be" comes from one group who provided a very aggressive model that was always recognized as possible but most likely not, among Climatologists and the scientific community. One thing we have to remember is that with predictive models like CC, there are many groups with many different models providing many different details. We have to have many different models because of how many variables there are that we are and are not aware of.

We can definitely fault Gore for going with this rather extreme model, not explaining it was extreme and not providing alternative models (which have been far more accurate, although predicting climate change is very hard to do). But this extremist prediction does nothing to counter the reality of what we unquestionably know is happening and the dots we can connect.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Sad, very sad.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

You're a complete and utter moron or troll. Pick one.

Probably troll, because you randomly pop up in these threads - say something completely outlandish - and never post again after the dozen or so replies to you.

https://thinkprogress.org/scientists-just-confirmed-the-scientific-consensus-on-climate-change-429da0095378#.u0i6ca2ee

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@zaryia said:
@WilliamRLBaker said:

You're a complete and utter moron or troll. Pick one.

Probably troll, because you randomly pop up in these threads - say something completely outlandish - and never post again after the dozen or so replies to you.

Id doubt he is a troll, this is very common argument people make and is believed by many to be a good talking point.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

The republicans say jesus is coming soon, so it doesn't matter. Amirite?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

@plageus900 said:

It matters to us godless heathens that will be...LEFT BEHIND!

@zaryia said:

Lmao....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/04/29/epa-removes-climate-change-data-other-scientific-information-website/101072040/

Let them remove it, the data will be saved somewhere, by someone. This is just Trump saber rattling because he hasn't gotten his way for 100 days and he won't get his way for the next few years.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@plageus900 said:

It matters to us godless heathens that will be...LEFT BEHIND!

@zaryia said:

Lmao....

Let them remove it, the data will be saved somewhere, by someone. This is just Trump saber rattling because he hasn't gotten his way for 100 days and he won't get his way for the next few years.

The problem is this might affect the determination to go greener in other countries. I hope it doesn't, but lets be realistic. He gave fuel to those who doubt this.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I thought this would have happened sooner. It's like their push to remove any type of deficit added from repealing the ACA to appear on the budget...might look bad with out 'math' on your side.

The GOP know what they're doing is nonsense, they're just trying to pad their pockets. No intent to help future generations.