Eminem goes after Trump at BET awards freestyle?

• 68 results
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

More like spoken word, but Eminem.

There has been a lot of outrage. Personally as someone who loves rap, and has always been a fan of Eminem, im not surprised a lot of his own fans are turning on him over this. I have seen people say for years "they hate rap, but love eminem". He has always attracted a strong non traditional rap fanbase, but he has always been regarded as a legend by both his non hip hop fans and the rap culture as a whole. Just skimming the comments I see a lot of butthurts reacting to this cypher, which is odd because Eminem has criticised well...everyone in his career; but never this pointed in one freestyle.

Also imo as a rap fan this was one of his weaker freestyles, he was def going out of his element on this one.

In other news Trump bans M&Ms

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

Bit cringey tbh. The whole celebs bashing Trump is old hat now.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mercenary848

@uninspiredcup said:

I hear you, but the attention this got was crazy. Eminem probably one of the top five best musicians in currently the worlds most popular genres of music just threatened to possibly cut off his whole fan base in opposition. Think of if the beatles did this during the 60s?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Em is trying to stay relevant now that he can’t get away with rapping about fantasizing killing gays and women. Haven’t listened to him in years.

With that said, good for him because Trump sucks even worse than Eminem.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Wait Eminiememememememe is still around?

Darn, i thought he went away with the early 00´s But no wonder he does this, now at least he is kinda relevant again for a short time.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Darn, i thought he went away with the early 00´s But no wonder he does this, now at least he is kinda relevant again for a short time.

Pretty sure he's still rather popular. His last album went platinum and had a number of hit singles, and won the grammy for best rap album

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:

Pretty sure he's still rather popular. His last album went platinum and had a number of hit singles, and won the grammy for best rap album

Nearly as popular as he once was. At least here in Norway, but then again we probably make up like 0,04% of his sales... or popularity if one can measure that.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@Mercenary848: Or if Justin Beiber did it! Imagine that.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mercenary848

@joshrmeyer said:

Too Canadian. He probably would write Trump an angry letter, and not send it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jacanuk

@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:

Hmm, admitted i don´t listen to a lot of rap , but from the radio i listen to i have not heard him since i think it was the carcrash one.

So at least on more main stream radio stations , his music have not made a bump.

Also Platinum is 500k , so it´s not a lot considering his name.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:

Hmm, admitted i don´t listen to a lot of rap , but from the radio i listen to i have not heard him since i think it was the carcrash one.

So at least on more main stream radio stations , his music have not made a bump.

His songs get played on mainstream radio, I believe Monster from his last album was number 1 on the charts. Platinum is 1 million units in the US, and i believe his album hit that a couple times over.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jacanuk

@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:

His songs get played on mainstream radio, I believe Monster from his last album was number 1 on the charts. Platinum is 1 million units in the US, and i believe his album hit that a couple times over.

Darn, you are correct Google had it written in a strange way where they had gold highlighted.

But as i have said, i have no heard his songs and looking at billboard he is not on the normal top 100 list but on the top 200 at 88 and 199.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50496 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50496 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Too Canadian. He probably would write Trump an angry letter, and not send it.

That got me haha

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178810 Posts

Very few people support trump if you look at the entirety of the population. Hell he didn't even get the majority vote.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

CNN had a whole panel on it?........Wow.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

It will be interesting to see how Eminem fans that are Trump supporters react from here. He didn't just bash the president, he flat out told his fans that support Trump that he disowns them. True, he is at a point where he doesn't need their money, but unlike most other rap artists that have mostly Democratic fans, he has fans from both sides of the aisle and he pretty much told almost half of them to go F themselves.

I am not going to even imply that he shouldn't be able to speak his mind, so I don't need a lecture on how he can say what he wants.

I will say that @perfect_blue has a pretty good point about one thing: almost 20 years ago Eminem didn't have any issues calling homosexuals the other F word. If he was a new rapper that just came out today trying to rap like that, he would have been protested into hiding for being homophobic within days and would have made Vanilla Ice look like Jay Z in comparison.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Never been a big fan of Eminem outside of his Infinite or Slim Shady LP. That being said, big whoop. Good for him I guess, reiterating what anyone with a working brain already knows.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@ad1x2 said:

It will be interesting to see how Eminem fans that are Trump supporters react from here. He didn't just bash the president, he flat out told his fans that support Trump that he disowns them. True, he is at a point where he doesn't need their money, but unlike most other rap artists that have mostly Democratic fans, he has fans from both sides of the aisle and he pretty much told almost half of them to go F themselves.

I am not going to even imply that he shouldn't be able to speak his mind, so I don't need a lecture on how he can say what he wants.

I will say that @perfect_blue has a pretty good point about one thing: almost 20 years ago Eminem didn't have any issues calling homosexuals the other F word. If he was a new rapper that just came out today trying to rap like that, he would have been protested into hiding for being homophobic within days and would have made Vanilla Ice look like Jay Z in comparison.

What a oxymoron. Listen to Eminem and support trump.

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#23 Balrogbane
Member since 2014 • 1051 Posts

That was pretty cringey. I love Eminem but that was just pitiful IMO.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mercenary848

@eliminatorpaige said:

This coming from a guy who personally attacked me for not wanting trump dead because he pronounced a word wrong?

Get your thoughts together. And as long as he was intelligent (look it up) about it, let him do it.

Your feelings are very brittle, you might not have the stomach for internet ddebate. You are stalking me now lol

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

meh, not a big fan of political commentary by celebrities.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Eminem has a unique cadence and style to his lyrics.

Hip hop needs him

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Eminem need to response to this:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

it's okay. president trump still have kid rock and anonymous gun owners who share their gun collection on video game forums

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It's not going to be oldhat until he stop doing things that are quantifiably unpopular.

With that being said this specific rap was cringy, he was just talking normally through most of it. I can free style regular words too, it's called just speaking about a topic.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@narutosup said:

it's okay. president trump still have kid rock and anonymous gun owners who share their gun collection on video game forums

Got something against gun owners?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@uninspiredcup said:

It's not going to be oldhat until he stop doing things that are quantifiably unpopular.

With that being said this specific rap was cringy, he was just talking normally through most of it. I can free style regular words too, it's called just speaking about a topic.

What are you on about? it's already getting old especially considering that the celebs are often so far out on the left that they made BLM and ANTIFA seem moderate.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3723 Posts

Awesome freestyle and 100% spot on. Anyone who can't see the truth in his words has a complete disconnect from common sense and reality.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@uninspiredcup said:

What are you on about?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@uninspiredcup said:

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Blue collar rust-belt trailer trash, representing disenfranchised people, initially hated and mocked by most of his contemporaries, protested by LGBT-rights and feminist groups, who said controversial things just to piss people off.. is protesting Trump?

I know Em sold out and became a pop star a few years back, but now he's in bed with the same people who called him a homophobe, rape culture perpetrator, culture appropriator. The same people who ignore the rust-belt plight, and the gang violence in inner cities.

This shit is more confusing than feminists shilling for Islam.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1851 Posts

@horgen: I assume all your Norwegian rappers rap about skiing and birkenstocks.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mercenary848

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Blue collar rust-belt trailer trash, representing disenfranchised people, initially hated and mocked by most of his contemporaries, protested by LGBT-rights and feminist groups, who said controversial things just to piss people off.. is protesting Trump?

I know Em sold out and became a pop star a few years back, but now he's in bed with the same people who called him a homophobe, rape culture perpetrator, culture appropriator. The same people who ignore the rust-belt plight, and the gang violence in inner cities.

This shit is more confusing than feminists shilling for Islam.

People like you make me think you have to reach a certain level of intelligence to protest trump. Rap has always been socially conscious, and at the same time provacative. Just like marilyn manson has been protested by religious groups, yet is seen working with many religious artists. Em was a shock jock in the 90s, and judging by how judgmental and self righteous your opening to this post is; I feel like you don't know much about his history. Songs like white America have always been in his repertoire, give it a listen bro.

Also why do people act like islam is the only religion that treats women like shit? Oh yeah sheltered uninformed people.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

Kinda have to, otherwise it might cost you your daily job :P

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 vl4d_l3nin

@Mercenary848: The resistance has a rule that you must be a part of Menza, and a Rick and Morty fan in order to properly protest the president.

For such an intelligent person, I was quite surprised you used the term 'self-righteous' incorrectly. I did not compare my own morals to Em's, nor did I say his morals were inferior to anyone else's. I just made an observation that I found confusing. I know that my intellectual capacity pales in comparison to that of a Trump protester, but I'm pretty sure your post was a lot more self-righteous than mine.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mercenary848

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@Mercenary848: The resistance has a rule that you must be a part of Menza, and a Rick and Morty fan in order to properly protest the president.

For such an intelligent person, I was quite surprised you used the term 'self-righteous' incorrectly. I did not compare my own morals to Em's, nor did I say his morals were inferior to anyone else's. I just made an observation that I found confusing. I know that my intellectual capacity pales in comparison to that of a Trump protester, but I'm pretty sure your post was a lot more self-righteous than mine.

You called another human blue-collar rust belt trash and used that as the foundation of his argument to say his argument is invalid. Who is able to criticize the president then?

I swear its always the dudes with anime avatars that post the most ridiculous crap, every freaking time! The trump team is full of rednecks and adult men with anime plushy girlfriends.....i'll take rick and morty everyday lol.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Baconstrip78 said:

Kinda have to, otherwise it might cost you your daily job :P

Don´t forget rap about foxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vl4d_l3nin

@vl4d_l3nin: I'm blue collar trailer trash, just like Em. Don't be such a knee-jerk when it comes to labels. I wasn't "invalidating" him at all, just calling him a hypocrite for shitting on a guy who built his political career the same way he built his artistic career.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178810 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@vl4d_l3nin: I'm blue collar trailer trash, just like Em. Don't be such a knee-jerk when it comes to labels. I wasn't "invalidating" him at all, just calling him a hypocrite for shitting on a guy who built his political career the same way he built his artistic career.

I don't much care about artistic careers.....they aren't important. Someone holding the office of president however is a different matter. It IS important. Shouldn't be compared.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mercenary848

@LJS9502_basic said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

I don't much care about artistic careers.....they aren't important. Someone holding the office of president however is a different matter. It IS important. Shouldn't be compared.

This

And also how did Trump and eminem build their careers the same? One is old money from new york, who had everything handed to him. The other grew up in a trailer in one of the worst cities in America(sorry detroit), and had to master his craft in jail. I don't get people who think Trump is some kind of working class hero.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JoshRMeyer

@LJS9502_basic: Out of almost 129,000,000 votes, she won the popular by 2.9 million(which were most likely from California and New York.) Not saying they aren't Americans, but I'm sure the "wall" thing prompted them to vote for Hillary. Not an excuse, just an explanation. I think Trump knee he was gonna lose California so didn't care. It kinda shows which candidate knew how the system worked and where to campaign. She's also the 5th president this has happened to. When you say "Very few people support trump if you look at the entirety of the population."... 48% of voters must of saw something in him. Nearly half the U.S. population supports/supported him. I'm not referring to polls, as they can constantly change and we're wrong about the election.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@Mercenary848: "The trump team is full of rednecks and adult men with anime plushy girlfriends." .... "A bunch of degenerates" right? Lol... Welcome to America. Trump will be re-elected. Redneck is an offensive term FYI(not to me, but many).

"The term redneck is a derogatory term chiefly used for a rural poor white person of the Southern United States.[1][2] Its usage is similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Georgia, Texas, [3] and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks),[4] and white trash (but without the last term's suggestions of immorality).[5][6][7]"

Surprise you don't throw around the N word on here too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@joshrmeyer said:

@Mercenary848: "The trump team is full of rednecks and adult men with anime plushy girlfriends." .... "A bunch of degenerates" right? Lol... Welcome to America. Trump will be re-elected. Redneck is an offensive term FYI(not to me, but many).

"The term redneck is a derogatory term chiefly used for a rural poor white person of the Southern United States.[1][2] Its usage is similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Georgia, Texas, [3] and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks),[4] and white trash (but without the last term's suggestions of immorality).[5][6][7]"

Are you really comparing the term redneck to the N word? LOL

Why would you compare the two when one is so bad you won't even say it?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jacanuk

@perfect_blue said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Are you really comparing the term redneck to the N word? LOL

Why would you compare the two when one is so bad you won't even say it?

So who decides on whether one derogatory term is worse than another?

Here i thought the idea was not to use any of them but i guess when you are a liberal it´s ok when you use some?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Jacanuk said:

So who decides on whether one derogatory term is worse than another?

Here i thought the idea was not to use any of them but i guess when you are a liberal it´s ok when you use some?

Common sense should tell you the word that people refer to as "the N word" is worse than any other word people openly say.

But of course, this is beyond you since you have no common sense.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JoshRMeyer

@perfect_blue: Because I'm white and apparently it's only ok to use the N word if your black(at least in tv shows and movies, its ok lol)... I'm being sarcastic but a bit serious too. I don't think they are on the same level, but both wrong to say.