Doesn't Trump's reaction to the whistleblower itself warrant impeachment?

• 108 results
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts
@jeezers said:

@Vaasman: what do you mean farm script?

Oh don't mind me, I'm just using indirect language to convey an underlying intention.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@Vaasman: very cool vaasman 😎

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#53 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts
@jeezers said:

@leicam6: is it an edited transcript or not a transcript at all? Read what you typed again.

either way, the president of Ukraine said the conversation was normal and he felt no pressure, so explain that? Hes the actual guy he was talking to....

Of course he would say that lol. Ukraine literally depends on the US giving them aid so they can fight Russia, since parts of Ukraine were invaded and occupied by Russia since 2014. It's not difficult to reach the conclusion that Zelensky didn't want to upset the temperamental Trump for fear of having his aid denied.

@jeezers said:

@LJS9502_basic: unconstitutional my ass, you have nothing

You could definitely make the argument that it violates Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the Constitution, called the Title of Nobility Clause. It states "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

Though the President violates this on a daily basis by profiting off the Presidency, so who knows if it even has teeth.

Not the constitution but also this. Campaign help from a foreign government definitely falls into "thing of value":

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/30121

(a)Prohibition It shall be unlawful for—

(1)a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—

(A)a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B)a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C)an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

(2)a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

(b)“Foreign national” definedAs used in this section, the term “foreign national” means—

(1)a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22, except that the term “foreign national” shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or

(2)an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@jeezers said:

@LJS9502_basic: unconstitutional my ass, you have nothing

You're wrong again. There is no gray area here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#55 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Can't wait for the movie.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Now Trump's soliciting China for election interference help after admitting to asking Ukraine. Sh*t is unreal. Here's to hoping that these Trump minions start dropping off the map. The silence from GOP legislators is almost deafening from it. What a morally bankrupt party of crooks.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

@jeezers said:

@PraetorianMan: lol you cant impeach him for fucking hoes 10 years before hes president, now if hes fucking interns in the Whitehouse and lying about it, you might have something.

lol like that fucking matters. if Obama did anything like that all the shithole conservatives would be all over it like flies on shit.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By PraetorianMan

lol "BuT nO qUiD pRo QuO!!!"

I'll say it again. You have to be suffering from actual, legitimate learning disabilities to not see the obvious quid pro-quo, but for the sake of argument lets pretend that there isn't one.

Fine

Urging a foreign government to dig up shit on a political opponent is still a colossal abuse of power and is still impeachable by congress. Hiding shit with no actual sensitive information like these phone transcripts on a "top secret" database where nobody can reach it is actually straight up illegal. Threatening to have the whistleblower murdered and starting a civil war in the same frigging day is just sprinkles on this shitty, idiotic cake.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Opinion piece from Andrew Napolitano, Fox news legal contributor. A small snippet:

'The criminal behavior to which Trump has admitted is much more grave than anything alleged or unearthed by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and much of what Mueller revealed was impeachable.'

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@jeezers: Justified death threats? You think the whistleblower did something so bad, the President is excused for coming with death threats towards him/her?

Saying it as it is? He lies more than any modern president. He has a fundamental misunderstanding in how tariffs works.

The rest really doesn’t have anything to do with Trumps behaviour.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jeezers

@horgen: the rest actually does have to do with it, its a reaction to everything being done and said.

And he diddnt straight up send death threats, I believe he alluded to it being treason. Which it could be, niether you or me know who this person is, trump doesnt know who it is. For a second just entertain that it could be, because thats about as plausable as the whistleblower being someone who just loves America and wants the truth getting out. I will say that the whistleblower communicating with Schiff before this drop is a red flag.

As far as tarrifs, at least hes not rolling over and taking it up the ass from china like the last 3 presidents did, atleast hes trying something.

Also good thing your a european and dont need to worry about it bud, sit back, flip on the tele, sip some tea, and watch whatever generic news programming you have to make you feel like your leaders are much more holy and profound than the crazy orange american across that atlantic. You guys are victims to this faux outrage as we are.

Trump truly seems to be the most important man in the world

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Vaasman

@jeezers said:

the rest actually does have to do with it, its a reaction to everything being done and said.

And he diddnt straight up send death threats, I believe he alluded to it being treason. Which it could be, niether you or me know who this person is, trump doesnt know who it is. For a second just entertain that it could be, because thats about as plausable as the whistleblower being someone who just loves America and wants the truth getting out. I will say that the whistleblower communicating with Schiff before this drop is a red flag.

As far as tarrifs, at least hes not rolling over and taking it up the ass from china like the last 3 presidents did, atleast hes trying something.

Also good thing your a european and dont need to worry about it bud, sit back, flip on the tele, sip some tea, and watch whatever generic news programming you have to make you feel like your leaders are much more holy and profound than the crazy orange american across that atlantic. You guys are victims to this faux outrage as we are.

Trump truly seems to be the most important man in the world

"And he diddnt straight up send death threats, I believe he alluded to it being treason. Which it could be, niether you or me know who this person is, trump doesnt know who it is."

That's a fucking load.

Anyone with a single iota of critical thinking skills can rub the necessary 2 brain cells together and realize what the allusion is when a person says there should be dire consequences for this action, and we should use old consequences to punish them, and anyone who tattle tales is subject to these consequences.

Not only has the whistleblower and the report been deemed legitimate by the IG, and supported by several GOP congressmembers for their efforts, and proven right in multiple facets of the report (including new evidence from Volker's testimony), but they went through proper legal channels to do so. Not to mention treason is very strictly defined in the constitution and alluding to it in cases where it doesn't apply is dangerous and stupid.

"I will say that the whistleblower communicating with Schiff before this drop is a red flag."

Thanks for the conspiracy BS. What really happened was that the intelligence committee's aides were informed in a way that is completely normal, that they were about to receive a whistleblower report of serious importance, and they forwarded the notice to the IG. The whistleblower only used the interaction to ensure the proper methodology was followed. There was no corroboration on the report's contained information as your stupid argument would imply.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/whistleblower-spoke-to-schiff-aides-before-filing-complaint

"As far as tarrifs, at least hes not rolling over and taking it up the ass from china like the last 3 presidents did, atleast hes trying something."

And as a result we're losing billions of taxpayer dollars in subsidies and throwing ourselves at a brick wall of authoritarian suppression, for nothing. China can easily soak economic hardship through government manipulation. We have deliberately stripped ourselves of that option.

And that's not even considering the recent rumor that Xi and Trump are leveraging the trade war back and forth to gain political favors.

Do yourself a favor and watch some cspan instead of regurgitating partially digested alt-right youtuber bullshit back onto this board. You're in dire need of some balanced source material.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jeezers

@Vaasman: https://youtu.be/h6tqdkDsFt4

You trust this clown? This piece of shit makes stuff up on the fly, this is a national embarresment. Its absurd and uncalled for.

4:00, this clown does parody, why? Is it because what he wishes what it says isnt there? Thats what i think, this is Russia gate 2.0, keep kicking and screaming.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Vaasman

@jeezers said:

@Vaasman: https://youtu.be/h6tqdkDsFt4

You trust this clown? This piece of shit makes stuff up on the fly, this is a national embarresment. Its absurd and uncalled for.

4:00, this clown does parody, why? Is it because what he wishes what it says isnt there? Thats what i think, this is Russia gate 2.0, keep kicking and screaming.

Schiff's parody is over the top, but the impeachment evidence released so far indicates it's largely based in a truthful narrative, and in the context of this discussion it's a pathetic deflection tactic for your blatant shitposting. You can't offer a defense for any of the president's actions nor your conspiratorial inanity so you immediately ducked away to an unrelated video.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jeezers

@Vaasman: he is partisan, you cant trust anything from this guy, how can you agree that its "over the top" but then in the same statement complain that I'm shitposting, thats what he did, its not shitposting, I'm just pointing out this circus.

"Largely based in a truthful narrative" come the **** on man... Thats quite the synonym for it either being true or false.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Now Trump's soliciting China for election interference help after admitting to asking Ukraine. Sh*t is unreal. Here's to hoping that these Trump minions start dropping off the map. The silence from GOP legislators is almost deafening from it. What a morally bankrupt party of crooks.

I'm more concerned about the silence from Trump supporters. :/

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@jeezers: You have a difficult time separating his policies from his behaviour. The policies themselves are one thing. You can agree or disagree with it. Claiming that the tariffs are paid by the Chinese is flat out wrong. Which is rather normal behaviour for him to do.

Again you’re deflecting. Exploring the thought that it might be treason. Treason to alert US intelligence of something regarding US. Do you even listen to yourself? Anyhow Trump tried to justify the death threats by calling it treason. And you bought it. You are apparently perfectly fine with it. If not I expect you would have said so.

The rest of your post is again just a deflection.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

You all still going on about the whistle blower? ROFLMAO! You really think this crap is going to get Trump thrown out of office are hilarious!

Russia, me too, Muller report, Muller testimony, and now this. Sorry to say the liberals should be working on things that help the country and just stop this nonsense about Trump. We get it you don't like Trump and in the end liberals are only helping his reelection.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Damn even AOC knows this is a huge nothing burger now HAHAHAHAHA!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/aoc-already-bored-with-impeachment-im-over-it

This is just priceless.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jeezers

@Xabiss: Trumps going to win BIGLY come 2020, people are tired of it. Ive never seen such a circus in my life.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jeezers

@Vaasman: please do, make it your sig, and in 2020 when Trump wins bigly think back and reminisce.

https://youtu.be/BONgL61snlM

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@jeezers said:

@Vaasman:

This piece of shit makes stuff up on the fly, this is a national embarresment. Its absurd and uncalled for.

Don't you support trump?

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Trump is still the president, with all the shit still going on in the WH?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@jeezers: You should take a break dude. You're clearly having a meltdown.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 jeezers

@Nuck81: im good bro lol i just get a kick out of shaking the hive, and yes I do believe I'm correct, I'll post my beliefs as i see fit.

When this turns into nothing just like Russiagate, it will all be preserved in this thread.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 PraetorianMan

DURRR NUTHIN'BERGER! NO QUID PRO-QUO!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@jeezers said:

@Nuck81: im good bro lol i just get a kick out of shaking the hive, and yes I do believe I'm correct, I'll post my beliefs as i see fit.

You are entitled to your own opinion but the facts completely conflict with them.

@jeezers said:

When this turns into nothing just like Russiagate, it will all be preserved in this thread.

1. "Russiagate" wasn't nothing. Perhaps read the huge MR again.

2. Define nothing for this Ukraine matter. Almost everything major is already confirmed. He will likely be impeached.

Have you even read the new text messages? This is a done deal. Senate, however, probably won't do anything due to the whole cult thing.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

This whole affair is so exhausting. Trump is like a serial arsonist, yet so many people are demanding on who called the fire department.

I can say firsthand based on my interactions and observations on people that support Trump that it has nothing to do with the well-being of the country or advancing the American values of freedom and democracy. It's all about making the people they hate feel like shit. No ideology, it's all about being a dick.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Zaryia
@vfighter said:

Its amazing watching the left throw hay maker after hay maker and not have even one land, not even get close to its target. This is just getting embarrassing at this point.

Hey Trump had scrambled eggs for dinner...isn't that an impeachable offense?!? Yeah lets get him lol.

After all the events of this week, this odd post surely does come off as even more laughable.

America’s top election official explains why Trump may be committing crimes

https://www.vox.com/2019/10/4/20898491/trump-foreign-solicitation-ukraine-china-fec-ellen-weintraub

IG rebuts claims by Trump and his backers that rules were changed to allow whistleblower complaint

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/01/ig-rebuts-trump-claim-rules-bent-ukraine-whistleblower-complaint/3829624002/

TEXT MESSAGES SHOW THE TRUMP-ZELENSKY CALL HAD JUST ONE GOAL — AND IT WAS ANYTHING BUT ROUTINE

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/04/trump-ukraine-call/

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Vaasman

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/cia-s-top-lawyer-made-criminal-referral-whistleblower-s-complaint-n1062481

Criminal referral for harassing the whistleblower. Oops, seems it is indeed criminal behavior to try and expose a whistleblower.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Zaryia

So much criminal behavior, this guy.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Zaryia

GOP senator says diplomat told him Trump was withholding aid to ensure investigations

Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, a staunch Trump ally, told The Wall Street Journal the diplomat's comments made him 'wince.' '

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/gop-senator-says-diplomat-told-him-trump-was-withholding-aid-n1062706

At this point something has to be seriously wrong with you if you still think this didn't happen.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#89 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Do we really need 4 threads on this topic alone on the first page?

Nope, perhaps just merge the threads?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LJS9502_basic

@jeezers said:

Whether he ends up impeached or not...….and that relies on political tactics in regards to congress caring about their political future......this is NOT nothing. I don't give a damn what spectrum you or anyone else falls in politics. What's he done should be accepted by NO ONE.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@jeezers said:

Whether he ends up impeached or not...….and that relies on political tactics in regards to congress caring about their political future......this is NOT nothing. I don't give a damn what spectrum you or anyone else falls in politics. What's he done should be accepted by NO ONE.

You are dead wrong on this, Trump may have publically been called out for doing something that every leader in the world has done since the dawn of time. But this is not an impeachable offence.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@jeezers said:

You are dead wrong on this, Trump may have publically been called out for doing something that every leader in the world has done since the dawn of time. But this is not an impeachable offence.

No it is impeachable. But keep your head buried and support your dear leader.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:

Let´s just agree to disagree.

But let´s be clear the only way you guys will get rid of Trump is in 2020 at the general election.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

But let´s be clear the only way you guys will get rid of Trump is in 2020 at the general election.

You guys? Well my objection to him is based on how bad he is for the country and is as corrupt as Nixon. I assume then you guys mean intelligent, factual patriots.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Jacanuk
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You guys? Well my objection to him is based on how bad he is for the country and is as corrupt as Nixon. I assume then you guys mean intelligent, factual patriots.

Sorry but bad for the country?

What exactly has he done policy-wise that is bad for the country?

How is he as a person is irrelevant when it comes to what is good/bad for the country and I know from your many posts that most if not all your concerns are about him as a person.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@jeezers said:

You are factually wrong on this entire matter. Even the FEC Chair sees the issues here,

FEC chair tweets reminder that accepting foreign help in an election is illegal after Trump urges China to investigate Joe Biden

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/03/fec-chair-subtweets-trump-after-plea-for-china-to-investigate-bidens.html

You are also factually wrong on your interpretation of plainly written English.

‘I think it’s crazy’: Takeaways of diplomats’ text messages

https://www.apnews.com/a72f71a48c6d456c87c037c96b8bba88

Facts matter. I will not "agree to disagree" on facts. That is nonsense.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@jeezers said:

You are factually wrong on this entire matter. Even the FEC Chair sees the issues here,

FEC chair tweets reminder that accepting foreign help in an election is illegal after Trump urges China to investigate Joe Biden

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/03/fec-chair-subtweets-trump-after-plea-for-china-to-investigate-bidens.html

You are also factually wrong on your interpretation of plainly written English.

‘I think it’s crazy’: Takeaways of diplomats’ text messages

https://www.apnews.com/a72f71a48c6d456c87c037c96b8bba88

Facts matter. I will not "agree to disagree" on facts. That is nonsense.

First, facts are not opinions and opinions are not facts.

So let´s look at what facts you have, you have the text and the words on the statements. What is not a fact is your opinion and others opinion on how to interpret those words.

And here we are not talking words with no ambiguity, like describing a black car as black etc.

That is also where this impeachment attempt is going to burn down the very bridge it´s standing on. You are not going to convince Republicans to vote against their own best interest without actual hardcore factually evidence. And before you come with the partisan BS, just be aware that is a poor excuse.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

So let´s look at what facts you have, you have the text and the words on the statements. What is not a fact is your opinion and others opinion on how to interpret those words.

This is some of the worst spin I've ever seen on the entire Internet.

The only thing I can say is you know how bad the texts/transcripts are so you are making up this extremely false theory about how the English language is fake news.

Oof.

@Jacanuk said:

You are not going to convince Republicans to vote against their own best interest without actual hardcore factually evidence.

They won't vote against him either way, but we do have actual hardcore factual evidence.

You seem lost in this entire issue.

P.S. Republican voters already vote against their self interest. Like those Farmers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@Jacanuk: here's more proof that if it's convenient 2+2=3

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Jacanuk
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

This is some of the worst spin I've ever seen on the entire Internet.

The only thing I can say is you know how bad the texts/transcripts are so you are making up this extremely false theory about how the English language is fake news.

Oof.

@Jacanuk said:

You are not going to convince Republicans to vote against their own best interest without actual hardcore factually evidence.

They won't vote against him either way, but we do have actual hardcore factual evidence.

You seem lost in this entire issue.

P.S. Republican voters already vote against their self interest. Like those Farmers.

And you keep up with the charade.

Again the way you look at something are not equal to it being an actual fact and i know for you like with the Mueller report, you still see collusion and i am beginning to get now that you and the left see Trump as Moby dick and you just keep wanting to catch that "whale".

And keep up with the bad excuses like "the republicans will not look at "facts" when the issue here is just that everyone won´t see your opinion as the divine truth which explains how you could be so blind and not see why Trump could win.