Do you think there is too much politics in the news these days?

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

The major networks are just 24/7 political gossip shows. Then, you have conservative radio around here, all day right wing propaganda. I think all this political stuff is unhealthy and we should get more news non related to politics. So sick of Trump and politics in general.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Well it's the new reality show and everyone is finding it very entertaining...like they used to with other reality tv shows. Except this time it's presented as news and still fake as hell.

Liberals have all day left wing propaganda too, what's your point other than voicing your hypocrisy regarding gossip? Whenever you spew negative complaints regarding your bias in politics, you're just literally doing the same things you think is unhealthy. Most people don't even realize there's a difference between conservatives, libertarians and Republicans..etc anyway, instead everyone gets grouped into 2 lump sums and that is what's causing the divide...that is what's not healthy. Basically you have individuals with a scale of 1-10 on each policy that is to be or not to be governed but because the media over the past decade has allocated each policy to a group, then all the people that cannot think for themselves follow suit.

So yes, some individual liberals, democrats, progressives are just as racist, bigoted, sexist..etc as some conservatives, republicans..etc are. All you have to do is drop social media and stop reading news under the tab called "politics". While your at it, anytime you do have interest in a particular policy, just look into the policy and think for yourself if it's a solution to solve an issue without inserting your emotions into it. No one cares how you feel.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I can't stand all the politicizing. So, I quit watching a number of shows. I used to watch CNN a lot because I wanted to know what's going on around the world. But, lately it's been almost nothing but politics.

The only national news channel on TV that gives a decent coverage of news from around the world is, of all things, OAN. OAN is like one of the propaganda channels shown at US military bases. I rather not tune in to it. But, it does have a decent variety of news coverage like the old CNN of the 80's. I miss that.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

@pimphand_gamer: Everyone take a long look at this guy’s post and ask yourself, “do I really want to be this angry all the time?” If the answer is no, don’t be a conservative.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

I kinda wish we still lived back in Upstate New York. I got my news from the Canadian channels nearby. Unlike here, they still offered a variety of news coverage. It's been almost 4 years since we moved back here.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

@pimphand_gamer: Everyone take a long look at this guy’s post and ask yourself, “do I really want to be this angry all the time?” If the answer is no, don’t be a conservative.

Thank the lord Jeebus that I"m a libertarian.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I can't stand all the politicizing. So, I quit watching a number of shows. I used to watch CNN a lot because I wanted to know what's going on around the world. But, lately it's been almost nothing but politics.

The only national news channel on TV that gives a decent coverage of news from around the world is, of all things, OAN. OAN is like one of the propaganda channels shown at US military bases. I rather not tune in to it. But, it does have a decent variety of news coverage like the old CNN of the 80's. I miss that.

Not even the pbs for world news?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

I actually would like more exposure to politics (particularly policy) than less. In an ideal world I'd alter the composition and timeshare given to stories, but regardless of that it's important that people discuss the policies being enacted and how their lives are affected. If peoples' eyes didn't glaze over when they hear about the impact of rising interest rates or the enacting of tariffs, I'd be ecstatic.

As always, I advocate reliable print news sources over TV/radio. You can get more and improved information in a shorter amount of time.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

It does get tiring after awhile. Look at this place all people here do is talk about Trump it's actually refreshing when a topic does not mention him but someone will ruin the topic by bitching about him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@pimphand_gamer: libertarians are just failed republicans without balls

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#12 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@narlymech:

There's too much Trump in it. I can only handle so much roasting before I get comedy fatigue. ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#13 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I feel that there's not enough proper politics news. It's mostly point-and-laugh news and not enough good, professional coverage of what's actually happening, what the options are and what the possible outcomes may be...another "Trump pissed off yet another country and this might not be good for us" article gives me zero new information...

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@narlymech said:

The major networks are just 24/7 political gossip shows. Then, you have conservative radio around here, all day right wing propaganda. I think all this political stuff is unhealthy and we should get more news non related to politics. So sick of Trump and politics in general.

No, I think there is to much leftism in the news today because most of the news is from the left. The problem is, news stopped being about facts and informing people and it just turned into another medium to ridicule conservationism. It is almost on a weekly basis now where CNN or some other like minded organization posts some piece that has no facts whatsoever and then it gets debunked. That's why I don't get my news from mainstream sources anymore because most of the time it seems it is bogus.

I do think politics is important and it is important for all of us to be involved somewhat or at the very minimum be aware so we can open up dialogue between each other and partake in democratic debate, but the problem is that the left is trying to get rid of debate thanks to safe spaces. I talked about my girlfriend about this, I am highly conservative and she is pretty liberal, but there is a lot of stuff that we do agree on and she is willing to talk about the issues instead of shutting me down (because she is a true classical liberal who promotes debate). It seems that the new generation from 2000 to now is just a lot weaker than the previous generation and we are not sure why, but for some reason this new generation is a lot less goal orientated, is less ambitious, is overly entitled, is afraid of hard work and is literally offended by every little thing. I blame some of the more radical leftist ideals like safe spaces, shutting down free speech and what not which have created a generation of weaklings.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu said:
@narlymech said:

No, I think there is to much leftism in the news today because most of the news is from the left. The problem is, news stopped being about facts and informing people and it just turned into another medium to ridicule conservationism. It is almost on a weekly basis now where CNN or some other like minded organization posts some piece that has no facts whatsoever and then it gets debunked. That's why I don't get my news from mainstream sources anymore because most of the time it seems it is bogus.

I do think politics is important and it is important for all of us to be involved somewhat or at the very minimum be aware so we can open up dialogue between each other and partake in democratic debate, but the problem is that the left is trying to get rid of debate thanks to safe spaces. I talked about my girlfriend about this, I am highly conservative and she is pretty liberal, but there is a lot of stuff that we do agree on and she is willing to talk about the issues instead of shutting me down (because she is a true classical liberal who promotes debate). It seems that the new generation from 2000 to now is just a lot weaker than the previous generation and we are not sure why, but for some reason this new generation is a lot less goal orientated, is less ambitious, is overly entitled, is afraid of hard work and is literally offended by every little thing. I blame some of the more radical leftist ideals like safe spaces, shutting down free speech and what not which have created a generation of weaklings.

is that because of Rusk Limbaugh show? or is that Sean Hannity?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 horgen  Moderator  Online
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@korvus said:

I feel that there's not enough proper politics news. It's mostly point-and-laugh news and not enough good, professional coverage of what's actually happening, what the options are and what the possible outcomes may be...another "Trump pissed off yet another country and this might not be good for us" article gives me zero new information...

Proper news won't give you good ratings. Or get people riled up about something.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TryIt

@horgen said:
@korvus said:

Proper news won't give you good ratings. Or get people riled up about something.

it all changed for us when the fairness doctrine was repealed during Regan

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 horgen  Moderator  Online
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@tryit said:
@horgen said:
@korvus said:

it all changed for us when the fairness doctrine was repealed during Regan

That could be something to implement again.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jun_aka_pekto
@TheShadowLord07 said:

Not even the pbs for world news?

Perhaps. But, every time there was a presidential election, I got the feeling they're taking sides as well, at least back in 2008. Perhaps, that was just a fluke. I might give PBS a try again.

Here where I am, the local news are at the middle which is where I want the national news outlets to return to, rather than veering left or right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@tryit: I don't listen to any of those people. My conservatism ideals are closely aligned with Ben Shapiro's who is arguably one of the smartest people in the United States in terms of politics. I don't need emotions, I don't need feelings, I need facts and evidence and that is what he provides me.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TryIt

@mighty-lu-bu said:

@tryit: I don't listen to any of those people. My conservatism ideals are closely aligned with Ben Shapiro's who is arguably one of the smartest people in the United States in terms of politics. I don't need emotions, I don't need feelings, I need facts and evidence and that is what he provides me.

you mean Breitbart leader?

The media outlet that makes its living off of crying about the injustices of the world?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@tryit said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:

The media outlet that makes its living off of crying about the injustices of the world?

Seriously, all of your facts are wrong. Why don't you spend hours like I do doing research so you stop coming off as a moron?

Ben Shapiro hasn't been with Breitbart for years, but again, you just think he is an alt-right neo-nazi.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TryIt

@mighty-lu-bu said:
@tryit said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:

Seriously, all of your facts are wrong. Why don't you spend hours like I do doing research so you stop coming off as a moron?

Ben Shapiro hasn't been with Breitbart for years, but again, you just think he is an alt-right neo-nazi.

he doesnt make his living off of crying about the injustice of the world?

oh

really?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@narlymech said:

You, do know that you can turn it off right? no one is forcing you to watch it.

But I do agree there is too much opinionated bias shit today being passed off as news.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

There is not enough. These issues are important and making them known to the public from real news stations i.e. NOT FOX, will help foster a more informed society. Republicans aren't going to like it because it shines a light on their propaganda, but too bad.

The main stream media like to make the news not report it. The most uniformed are the people on the left. They believe in the freedom of speech as long as it is their speech only so they live in echo chambers.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TryIt

@JimB said:
@joebones5000 said:

There is not enough. These issues are important and making them known to the public from real news stations i.e. NOT FOX, will help foster a more informed society. Republicans aren't going to like it because it shines a light on their propaganda, but too bad.

The main stream media like to make the news not report it. The most uniformed are the people on the left. They believe in the freedom of speech as long as it is their speech only so they live in echo chambers.

LOL

Please tell us how the left is not the party of intellect and research and yet the party of universities

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

I don't think there is too much politics in news. Quite the opposite. Too much news in politics.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Yes and no, nothing is more dangerous to democracy than political apathy IMO. But it would be nice if political news channels weren't talking about same stories all day long.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TryIt

@lamprey263 said:

Yes and no, nothing is more dangerous to democracy than political apathy IMO. But it would be nice if political news channels weren't talking about same stories all day long.

I think that is more post 2016.

has many have pointed out there is so much 'bombshell' news stories each of which would have been talked about for a full year that the media simply cant keep up. I mean for example its not uncommon for a full years worth of talking points to come out of just one days news, then the following week its yet another catastrophe of one form or another

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@joebones5000 said:

LOL

Please tell us how the left is not the party of intellect and research and yet the party of universities

Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing you don't put it in a fruit salad. That is where the left is with all their so called intelligence.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TryIt

@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@joebones5000 said:

LOL

Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing you don't put it in a fruit salad. That is where the left is with all their so called intelligence.

I wasnt refering to intelligence I was refering to the physical act of being informed.

quote:

'The most uniformed are the people on the left'

that is not misinformed, its not stupid it means physically not informed. as it, didn't read the article, as in, didn't go to the library, as in didnt read.

so again I ask: Please tell us how the left is not the party of intellect and research and yet the party of universities