Do you think Joe Biden's gaffes will cost him to lose?

• 79 results
Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Do you think Joe Biden's gaffes will cost him to lose? or do you think people will just dismiss it because Bernie scares them with the S word.

It's amazing how much different he sounded in 2012 .

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23010 Posts

Bernie has something like a 5% chance of winning the nomination. Unless Sanders supporters manage to actually show up and vote in the primaries in significant numbers (and nothing to this point indicates they will), Biden will get the nomination.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

"Gaffes" which use to mean people said something they didn't really mean, but whatever, ceased to matter years ago when people started accepting the definition of gaffes being changed to a politician saying something people didn't like so long as they change their minds a few days later, or not in Trump's case.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Biden used to not mess up he's getting old he's too old for president Bernie is still mentally all there

Folks we need to switch to Bernie imo.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Biden has this nomination in the bag, but we will see on Tuesday if this is indeed the case or he will somehow manage to be surprised by the Berniebros who is mad as ..... that Bernie again is looking to lose.

But I have to agree it´s not good to see how different Biden is from 2012 to 2020, 8 years is not that much time,

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

He'll most likely still get the Democratic nomination, but winning the general election depends on who is his VP, since if Biden wins the general election the VP will probably be de facto president until it becomes official through the 25th Amendment.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ad1x2
@ProtossRushX said:

Biden used to not mess up he's getting old he's too old for president Bernie is still mentally all there

You're saying Biden is too old and we need to vote for Bernie instead, but Bernie is actually older than Biden.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178810 Posts

@ad1x2 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

You're saying Biden is too old and we need to vote for Bernie instead, but Bernie is actually older than Biden.

All three involved in the next election are too old...………..yes that includes your boy trump.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: trump is the youngest tho, he's still high energy.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@jeezers said:

@LJS9502_basic: trump is the youngest tho, he's still high energy.

You mean high from snorting Adderall lol.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ad1x2

@LJS9502_basic said:
@ad1x2 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

All three involved in the next election are too old...………..yes that included your boy trump.

That was a response to him saying Biden is too old only to endorse Bernie afterwards but okay.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17640 Posts

"Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

If we're to talk about mental decline...

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jeezers

@MirkoS77: share the video please, I want to watch to compare to bidens dementia

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jeezers

@warmblur: I doubt it, if anything he eats it, which is fine idgaf the guy is atleast going!!!

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7204 Posts

That and a lack of any real vision or defining characteristics to his policy proposals.

Edit: Who am I kidding. I should say rhetoric instead of "policy proposals". His rhetoric has no cohesive vision to it. That will be his main problem in the general election. If people cared about policy, Elizabeth Warren would have had this in the bag.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17640 Posts

@jeezers said:

@MirkoS77: share the video please, I want to watch to compare to bidens dementia

Loading Video...

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Trump's successes and the childish antics of the DNC will cause whoever goes up against him to lose.

Avatar image for FrKnPuertoRican
FrKnPuertoRican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FrKnPuertoRican
Member since 2003 • 3005 Posts

If this election isn't a convincing self-contained argument for major changes in how we pick our leaders then I don't know what is.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Biden has this nomination in the bag, but we will see on Tuesday if this is indeed the case or he will somehow manage to be surprised by the Berniebros who is mad as ..... that Bernie again is looking to lose.

But I have to agree it´s not good to see how different Biden is from 2012 to 2020, 8 years is not that much time,

Laughing at Biden is natural but it doesn't come across as a laughing matter anymore. He did have brain issues in the past so who is to say it, coupled with his old age, is starting to effect him.

The youth coming out for crazy Sanders? GTHO with that nonsense.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I think the next debate could be embarrassing for Biden. It might get sad really fast. I would bet he will be given a stimulant before getting to the stage, be that coffee or something more potent.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts

we're in a post bush 2 era. it doesn't seem like mental competency is on the minds of many voters anymore.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jeezers

@Master_Live said:

I think the next debate could be embarrassing for Biden. It might get sad really fast. I would bet he will be given a stimulant before getting to the stage, be that coffee or something more potent.

CNN and DNC want to change the format of next debate to a "sit down debate".

we all know why...

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/dnc-debate-rules-biden-sit-down/

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#24 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49565 Posts

Whoever ends up in the debate stage with Trump, it's going to be comedy gold for everyone. I look forward to the memes.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jacanuk

@Solaryellow said:
@Jacanuk said:

Laughing at Biden is natural but it doesn't come across as a laughing matter anymore. He did have brain issues in the past so who is to say it, coupled with his old age, is starting to effect him.

Well, if it´s true with Biden, and I have to admit he does seem kind unhinged and disorientated at times, Someone will have to step in, no matter how bad it will be with Sanders, it will be worse if Biden picks someone like Harris or Warren as his VP, because whomever it will be, has a very good chance of becoming the President do to a 25th amendment use.

And don´t laugh at the youth they are mad and ready to fight ;)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@Solaryellow said:
@Jacanuk said:

Well, if it´s true with Biden, and I have to admit he does seem kind unhinged and disorientated at times, Someone will have to step in, no matter how bad it will be with Sanders, it will be worse if Biden picks someone like Harris or Warren as his VP, because whomever it will be, has a very good chance of becoming the President do to a 25th amendment use.

Don't like women?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33098 Posts

Most people think biden's gaffes are a part of his character. They won't matter in the grand scheme of things because biden is mostly being fueled by people's desire to return things back to the way they were before trump got elected.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2122 Posts

Trump is going to shit all over Biden in the "debates" over this, but in the end, Biden's VP choice will be more important than his own senility.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

People are either clueless or being disingenuous. The is a difference between "gaffes" and senility. Yes, the gaffes have already been priced in: "oh that's just Joe being Joe". Gaffes aren't the same as Biden seemingly don't knowing where he is, losing his trend of thought or just plainly being incoherent.

If you want to say "well look at what we have in the White House already so who cares?" then that's on you. Don't count me on it, I want no part of it. Neither Donald Trump or Joe Biden should be in the White House.

And I won't be gaslighted by anyone on this forum who is trying to pass what seems as cognitive decline and signs of early onset dementia as "Joe being Joe" or "gaffes". So **** off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#30 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I think the debates between to senile guys will be something to behold.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Solaryellow said:
@Jacanuk said:

Don't like women?

Tulsi would be the best female pick, she's young, sharp and intelligent with progressive ideas. I want to see a Yang/Tulsi ticket.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@phbz said:

I think the debates between to senile guys will be something to behold.

A number have taken place already making for some impressive fodder.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts

This is a pointless question. Have y'all heard Trump speak?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@super600 said:

Most people think biden's gaffes are a part of his character. They won't matter in the grand scheme of things because biden is mostly being fueled by people's desire to return things back to the way they were before trump got elected.

So much for that hope and change. Now neolibs want hopeless normalcy.

Do people honestly think populism will disappear if some old, establishment dude gets elected? Trump is merely a symbol of the current state of politics.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Solaryellow said:
@Jacanuk said:

Don't like women?

I love women, the reason is not that they are women but that they are progressive. They are mini-sanders.

And Harris is only a name because she somehow managed to "beat" on a trump nominee and have since despite being unknown leaf in the DNC and also an OC liberal.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14835 Posts

To answer the OP.

YES

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23010 Posts

@leicam6: You call that speech?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@leicam6: You call that speech?

It's all relative, my friend.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

No because.

1. Trump makes far more gaffes, and worse ones. And he'll be running against Trump.

2. His Gaffes are nothing burgers. It's not like Donald's Covid blunder or Climate change insanity gaffs.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zaryia
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Whoever ends up in the debate stage with Trump, it's going to be comedy gold for everyone. I look forward to the memes.

Yup, Trump doesn't really have good policy or know much about policy so he's going to make it a pure comedy routine of personal attacks.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

All I know is that Biden needs to prepare well if he's going to debate Trump. Hillary is sharper than Joe and she got owned.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zaryia

@Guy_Brohski said:

All I know is that Biden needs to prepare well if he's going to debate Trump. Hillary is sharper than Joe and she got owned.

Trump lost on all the policy stuff. He will only bring up fake bullshit.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Guy_Brohski said:

Nah she beat him in the debates.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:

No because.

1. Trump makes far more gaffes, and worse ones. And he'll be running against Trump.

2. His Gaffes are nothing burgers. It's not like Donald's Covid blunder or Climate change insanity gaffs.

Sure, Trump is worse

Would you have said anything else?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

No because.

Sure, Trump is worse

Would you have said anything else?

Are you pretending he's not? Come on man have you heard him speak?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

Are you pretending he's not? Come on man have you heard him speak?

Worse than Biden on a Biden top?

Sure, Trump is worse

But Biden as is now, Trump is about equally bad.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

They aren't "gaffes" they are legitimate breaks in brain function. A gaffe is saying something offensive or a joke in bad taste. He called Angela Merkel Margaret Thatcher for fucks sake. It's early stage Alzheimer's and he can't lead a country.

But hey, it's perfect, Hillary gets named his VP, they take office and she pulls out the 25th Amendment and now she's president. If you can't win, cheat.

Avatar image for redviperofdorne
redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

#48 redviperofdorne
Member since 2016 • 488 Posts

They don't make me view him in a negative way. Often times, They're overexaggerated by Bernie Bros to make it seem like he's slipping mentally. People mess up, I do the same thing many times a day and I'm sure everyone else does as well. Are people really so pathetically desperate to pick at every little thing to make it seem like Biden isn't capable of being president?

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: WRONG. Hillary just stood there with a s*** eating smirk while Trump went in with no lube. I think maybe Hillary was concentrating on not having another seizure on live TV.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Guy_Brohski said:

@LJS9502_basic: WRONG. Hillary just stood there with a s*** eating smirk while Trump went in with no lube. I think maybe Hillary was concentrating on not having another seizure on live TV.

All trump did was bully. Bullying does NOT win debates. He had zero substance to say. You're objectively wrong.