Do you think all illegals should be kickd out of the USA? (poll)

• 103 results
N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you think all illegals should be kickd out of the USA? (poll) (44 votes)

Yes, kick them all out..what is the point of having laws if you don't enforce them? 32%
No, we should allow them in 30%
other, explain 39%

Where does everyone stand?

• 
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

This county was built on illegal immigration! If you aren't Navajo, Cherokee, etc., you've got no moral ground to stand on.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

Depends on a case by case basis. How old were they when they came here, are they a productive member of society right now? (I.e. self employed, business owner, etc), do they or their family have military service on record? And how much worse would their situation be if deported?

Immigrants who served in the military should be 100% safe. I know that brings up a weird Starship Troopers-esque corny jingoism, but still.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23904 Posts

@PraetorianMan said:

Depends on a case by case basis. How old were they when they came here, are they a productive member of society right now? (I.e. self employed, business owner, etc), do they or their family have military service on record? And how much worse would their situation be if deported?

Immigrants who served in the military should be 100% safe. I know that brings up a weird Starship Troopers-esque corny jingoism, but still.

Pretty much this.

It also depends on the general demographics. Mass Deporations can seriously damage the economy. Since the current economy has adjusted to illegal immigration. Mass deportation can hurt business by removing a large chunk of the workforce.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@PraetorianMan said:

^ I'm going with this as well. There is no simple answer which is correct for every case.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

I think I agree with @PraetorianMan. Case by case basis but it would be irresponsible to kick them out in mass when some might actually do some good. I also agree with Republicans that we should find a way to end their ability to cross over but the wall is too primitive. We should just make it so that it's impossible for a future illegal to thrive by making it harder for them to work and forcing E-verify.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

What do other countries do with illegal immigrants? Follow their lead.

The Netherlands

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-belgium-migrants-integration/belgium-wants-migrants-to-sign-pledge-on-integration-idUSKCN0WY5F9

https://www.humanityinaction.org/knowledgebase/239-breaking-the-silence-an-honest-discussion-about-illegal-immigration-to-germany

Personally, I'd make them legal if they already resided here for a number of years. But, I'd yank away their legal status if they get in trouble due to criminal activities. They better keep their noses clean like most legal immigrants are advised to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

If all Illegals were simply kicked out a deported the countries Economy would collapse.

The backbone workforce of many of our countries most critical industries is reliant on Cheap Illegal labor.

They are typically the same industries flaunted and supported by Conservatives.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@PraetorianMan said:

Based on what is typed above, you must be against the blanket amnesty Democrats want with the "dreamers" or does case by case only apply to other illegals?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

That would hurt the economy and also children that know no other country should be allowed to stay and status changed. It serves no purpose other than being an asshole to throw them out of the country at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

This is a dumb question since the situation isn't black and white, nor do I think the government even has the resources to deport everyone. Where would the money come from after they just cut a fat tax cheque to the rich?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

It needs to be a case by case basis, with measures put in to discourage further unauthorized entries. Blanket amnesty for all illegal aliens may not solve the problem, since it may encourage more people to come, but I wouldn't be against making them legal if they meet certain standards. Dreamers would need to show proof that they are here due to no fault of their own, such as proof they were bought here when they were too young to know better.

As for the military argument, people that served in the military wouldn't even need DACA to become legal, since the Immigration and Naturalization Act already makes them eligible for citizenship based on honorable military service. The issue is them getting in the military in the first place, which usually requires a Green Card. According to the USCIS last summer, approximately 820 Dreamers signed contracts, with over 500 in the active or reserves, and approximately 140 of them got naturalized.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@LJS9502_basic said:

That would hurt the economy and also children that know no other country should be allowed to stay and status changed. It serves no purpose other than being an asshole to throw them out of the country at this point.

The US citizen children have to stay with their parents. If the parents are deported, the children have to go with them regardless of their status. When the children reach adulthood, then they can reenter the US on their own if they are US citizens or resident aliens.

As for economy, there are many who would rather work in the US (via work visa), but go home to their home countries when work is at a seasonal lull or they're on break. Take a look at how overseas workers do it in the Middle East. They do that because they can buy more with their hard-earned $$$ at home than the country of employment.

That's why there are a lot of retired US veterans overseas. Their retirement pension have much more buying power overseas than here in the US.

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mecha_frieza
Member since 2007 • 1305 Posts

Kicking out illegals is a bit harsh, but there needs to be something done that enforces our laws. Perhaps, by giving current illegals a deadline to get their green card or to get citizenship would be the best course of action and if they don't get one of those things by the deadline, then they have to be deported. There is also the "dreamers" situation, where young children are illegally taken into America from Mexico, they grow up in America, but they are still here illegally so I think they would still have to follow the rules.

Personally, I don't think we should be letting anyone in who doesn't want to partake in American values. My ex girlfriend was Mexican American and both of her parents came into America illegally. Her mom, went out of her way to learn how to drive on American roads, to learn English and to become a citizen. Her dad on the other hand refused to to learn English and refused to become a citizen saying that Mexico was great and the U.S. was not. The funny thing is, there are a lot of people who think this way and that is a bit unfortunate. If any immigrant doesn't want to pay taxes, refuses to learn our national langue, refuses to become a citizen and doesn't believe in the ideas of freedom, then maybe they shouldn't be part of our country.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

@joebones5000: reading your babble is cringe inducing. You honestly feel conservatives are more likely to base an oponion off emotion? Really?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

The US citizen children have to stay with their parents. If the parents are deported, the children have to go with them regardless of their status. When the children reach adulthood, then they can reenter the US on their own if they are US citizens or resident aliens.

As for economy, there are many who would rather work in the US (via work visa), but go home to their home countries when work is at a seasonal lull or they're on break. Take a look at how overseas workers do it in the Middle East. They do that because they can buy more with their hard-earned $$$ at home than the country of employment.

That's why there are a lot of retired US veterans overseas. Their retirement pension have much more buying power overseas than here in the US.

You know most of the DACA children are adults right?

Whether they want to work in their countries or their countries economy is immaterial to my statement about the US economy.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

I can not wait until the Democratic party needs the Latino vote bad enough to classify all this hand wringing as racist. The fact that America has an untouchable class deemed unfit to live unmolested in our slums is awful. The fact that folks want to make exceptions on a case by case basis because they consider them an economic necessity is worse.

These are people who want to apply for a job and an apartment, and we don't have a shortfall in either area. We don't need to look to science fiction dystopias for guidance on how to handle the situation.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1852 Posts

Why would we kick them out? HOW would we kick them out? Are we just going to randomly round up some people who 'look foreign'? That's a slippery slope right there.

I get wanting to enforce it which is why I put other. However, you can't just round up a group of people and kick them out.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1852 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

This county was built on illegal immigration! If you aren't Navajo, Cherokee, etc., you've got no moral ground to stand on.

This is a good point.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

Hmm, how did you come to that conclusion?

So you do something against the law even before the law exists.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

The law is the law.

So if you do not have legal status, you need to go back to your Org. country or work on becoming legal through legal avenues.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jacanuk

@joebones5000 said:

@Jacanuk: let me guess, your probably one of those "smart" conservatives we all keep hearing soooo much about these days?

The natives had laws too, before colonialists murdered them all and took their land.

LOL the natives had laws?

Ok, please provide a credible source of their legal works.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@LJS9502_basic said:

You know most of the DACA children are adults right?

Whether they want to work in their countries or their countries economy is immaterial to my statement about the US economy.

The DACA adults would fall under those already here. They should be put on the citizenship process.

Since they have their own special circumstances, they're really a separate group from the others.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jacanuk

@joebones5000 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@joebones5000 said:

@Jacanuk: let me guess, your probably one of those "smart" conservatives we all keep hearing soooo much about these days?

The natives had laws too, before colonialists murdered them all and took their land.

LOL OMG ROFL Natives had laws. They also had sovereignty before they were murdered and their land was taken from them.

The brilliance of the modern conservative, guys and gals...

Again provide a link

Otherwise, i think we can conclude that you know jack shit and are just there to troll.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

300 million inhabitants, 12 million illegal aliens ..... seems that Homeland security, ICE, INS, Border Patrol are doing a shit job because they can’t find one illegal out of every 29 people.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jun_aka_pekto

Since we're talking about Native-Americans, I remembered the movie "Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee" and what General Miles said.

Loading Video...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jacanuk

@jun_aka_pekto: He is not far from the truth.

But it´s an often used thing by the liberals "but the natives were here first" Like that suddenly makes it their land.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jacanuk

@joebones5000 said:
@Jacanuk said:

Again provide a link

Otherwise, i think we can conclude that you know jack shit and are just there to troll.

This is the part where you pretend you're not already trolling. ha!

So this is the part where you backflip and cannot provide a link.

Good to know you are as usual full of BS.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@jun_aka_pekto: He is not far from the truth.

But it´s an often used thing by the liberals "but the natives were here first" Like that suddenly makes it their land.

its nobody's land.

should not have to explain that

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LoganX77

@joebones5000: Considering you think the standard of this country should be based on what happened over 150 years ago im going to say that puts you on par with most left wing maniacs.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LoganX77

@br0kenrabbit: Another example on the left of someone using emotion rather then reason. Sorry to break it to you but if Europeans never colonized the country the US would be a third world shithole.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Let the ones here stay. Give them a chance to become legals... Bigger budget to prevent more illegals. Harsher punishment for caught illegals crossing the border. Build a wall like on Game of Thrones(haha).

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

Let the ones here stay. Give them a chance to become legals... Bigger budget to prevent more illegals. Harsher punishment for caught illegals crossing the border. Build a wall like on Game of Thrones(haha).

I can go for most of that.

The wall however did you know the wall costs as much as funding our entire public education system for a year? lets back off on walls

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@tryit: Yeah the wall thing was kind of a joke.(Game of Thrones wall is like 300 ft high and made of ice)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@joebones5000 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@joebones5000 said:

LOL OMG ROFL Natives had laws. They also had sovereignty before they were murdered and their land was taken from them.

The brilliance of the modern conservative, guys and gals...

Again provide a link

Are you really, with sincerity, saying that Native Americans didn't have tribal and cultural laws?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@loganx77 said:

@joebones5000: reading your babble is cringe inducing. You honestly feel conservatives are more likely to base an oponion off emotion? Really?

Emotion? Perhaps not, but they don't seem to base their decisions off of math or scientific evidence either.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LoganX77

@joebones5000: Do you believe we have the right to kick out illegal immigrants? Or are you of the belief that we do not have that right because our ancestors took it over 150 years ago therefore we have no claim to this land to begin with? Whats your position?

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LoganX77

@Serraph105: Neither does the left. They mostly base it off whatever maks their wallet the fatest.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Keep DACA or provide amnesty because that is the US fault for not enforcing laws. Further attempts should be investigated and given in waves.

Begin enforcing laws and deporting illegals. Oh, and secure our boarders to prevent a mess like DACA from ever happening.

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 taylor12702003
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

@joebones5000: NO

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mecha_frieza
Member since 2007 • 1305 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Keep DACA or provide amnesty because that is the US fault for not enforcing laws. Further attempts should be investigated and given in waves.

Begin enforcing laws and deporting illegals. Oh, and secure our boarders to prevent a mess like DACA from ever happening.

Not sure it keeping DACA or amnesty is a good idea because It is not necessarily a fault of the US, but the fault of something that is SOOOOOO hard to regulate. Federal agents aren't going door-to-door seeing if people in a residence are illegal immigrants or not because quite frankly they don't have the man power. Also, building a wall would pretty much do nothing since most people that come illegally into America are actually flying in, not running across the border.

Honestly, it is a very complex problem and I am really not sure how to handle it.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@mecha_frieza said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Not sure it keeping DACA or amnesty is a good idea because It is not necessarily a fault of the US, but the fault of something that is SOOOOOO hard to regulate. Federal agents aren't going door-to-door seeing if people in a residence are illegal immigrants or not because quite frankly they don't have the man power. Also, building a wall would pretty much do nothing since most people that come illegally into America are actually flying in, not running across the border.

Honestly, it is a very complex problem and I am really not sure how to handle it.

It's government incompetency. The rest is to protect civil rights. We aren't a totalitarian government after-all, or at least, I hope not.

While building a wall won't prevent all illegals from coming in, it will definitely help minimize the problem. We have fences set up right now across the boarder. We wouldn't use and maintain them if they had an effective rate of 0% or less than 50%.