Disappointing jobs report, Shortages, Inflation, does anyone care?

• 106 results
Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#101 deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

@mattbbpl: Joe Biden is doing rather well

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#102 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:

I think that this should bigger news than it is. Prospects look much better right now then the doomsayers were predicting last month. March is the only outlier where revisions went down. The general outlook on the economy doesn't match the numbers we're seeing.

The GOP is framing their narrative much better than Biden and democrats are. All people hear is 'INFLATION' and nothing else, no context, no real numbers to put it into perspective. The ironic piece being the anti-vaxxers being the largest impediment to even better numbers at this point.

the right has always been vastly better at peddling fear to their followers and their enlarged amygdalas

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/conservative-and-liberal-brains-might-have-some-real-differences/

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

I think that this should bigger news than it is. Prospects look much better right now then the doomsayers were predicting last month. March is the only outlier where revisions went down. The general outlook on the economy doesn't match the numbers we're seeing.

The GOP is framing their narrative much better than Biden and democrats are. All people hear is 'INFLATION' and nothing else, no context, no real numbers to put it into perspective. The ironic piece being the anti-vaxxers being the largest impediment to even better numbers at this point.

the right has always been vastly better at peddling fear to their followers and their enlarged amygdalas

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/conservative-and-liberal-brains-might-have-some-real-differences/

Stoking fear works. Democrats need to pounce on the actual data and create a narrative. They're so piss poor at it that is makes drives me crazy. They should be shoving these numbers down our throats.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@comp_atkins said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Stoking fear works. Democrats need to pounce on the actual data and create a narrative. They're so piss poor at it that is makes drives me crazy. They should be shoving these numbers down our throats.

i think the point of the article is that stoking fear works BETTER on those pre-disposed to be afraid though.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8853 Posts

@sargentd: You won't hear much despair out of the MSM, because they are all left wing pundits and don't want to say anything negative about Biden or Pelosi.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#106 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Shrinkflation: Pay more for less