KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly on Friday said the terror threat is worse than most realize, saying some people would "never leave the house" if they knew the truth.

“I was telling [Fox host] Steve [Doocy] on the way in here, if he knew what I knew about terrorism, he’d never leave the house in the morning,” Kelly said on “Fox & Friends.”

He noted there were four major terror attacks in the last week — in England, Egypt, the Philippines and Indonesia — "by generally the same groups."

“It’s everywhere. It’s constant. It’s nonstop. The good news for us in America is we have amazing people protecting us every day. But it can happen here almost anytime.”

Masked gunmen opened fire on a group of Coptic Christians driving to a monastery in southern Egypt on Friday, killing 26 and injuring 25 more.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi reportedly called an emergency meeting after the attack in Minya Province.

The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria claimed responsibility for a Monday bombing after an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England, that killed 22 and injured more than 100.

The Hill

I know that if I lived in certain parts of Europe, I would certainly be afraid to leave my house, even without knowing what the DHS chief knows. In the USA I'm a little less worried about terror but I'm honestly prepared for another terror attack any moment. I can only imagine how burdensome it would be to have knowledge of all these potential terror plots, while being unable to divulge info about it publicly. If Obama has been illegally bugging Americans left and right, I would at least hope they are bugging the mosques and keeping an ear open. At the very least, to keep them from preaching death to gay people (which happened close to the Orlando night club shooting, recently before the attack).

Do you ever worry for the potential of another terror attack near you? According to the DHS Chief, it sounds like maybe you should.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

You're prepared against a Terrorist attack?

Does that mean you never leave your house out in the wilderness?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I live in the UK, and my street is probably 50% Muslim families (I would say high middle class). I have no fear of leaving my house. I will not say that sometimes I don't think about it, when visiting London, but that doesn't stop me.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

ISIS calls for ‘all-out war’ to mark start of Ramadan by attacking ‘innocents and civilians in their homes, markets and roads’ after Manchester bombing

Well for all our sake let's hope this doesn't come into fruition then

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

The DHS probably has stopped tons of terror attacks but they can't brag about it or it'll weaken their intelligence.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

No, I'm not going to live in fear of terrorism. Once I do that the terrorists have won. If I die in an incident, then I die, but at least I'll die having not lived in fear.

Trump supporters are too dumb to understand that at least symbolically, they've already conceded defeat to what they believe they're standing up against as they're so....terrified....that they're willing to have fear dictate their behavior, which is exactly what the terrorists are aiming to achieve. I'll willingly go to my grave LONG before I tremble inside my house with fear like a coward or sacrifice the values of this country to feel safe. I'll die on my own terms, not the terrorists. **** them, and **** everyone afraid of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

You're more likely to die slipping on a bar of soap in the shower than in a terrorist attack. And in Europe, people don't have to fear getting shot because unlike America guns aren't worshipped as supreme instruments handed down to man by God.

It must be awful to live your life in fear.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

You're much more likely to be murdered by a fellow American with a gun than murdered by a terrorist, and the chances are so large that they make dying by terrorism something to not really even think about. 100,000 murdered by Americans with guns every decade vs about 200 Americans murdered by terrorists every decade. People with guns are the real terrorists.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

By all means please stay inside and never come out. If anything I wish all Trump supporters would do the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

No fear of terrorism for me...at least not any more than being run over by a car or falling down the stairs.