BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Okay, so I remember predicting Trump would win in one of my communications class and all my peers getting angry with me. I don't like Trump, but what people forget about American politics is that it's all about getting people fired enough to vote. That's why republicans took control of congress in '10.

According to recent polls, Democratic enthusiasm is sky high. We've also seen them win some almost impossible congressional seats like Alabama (crazy).

I'm predicting Democrats will take back congress, they'll actually pick up a surprising number of seats in the house, though I expect the senate to be very close. Possibly just have a 1 seat advantage.

Januck, bookmark this thread. We only have less than 6 weeks to come back to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-610a70a317506
deactivated-610a70a317506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-610a70a317506
Member since 2017 • 658 Posts

I'm not going to challenge your predictions or make one of my own.

But I will confess, I am hoping for a republican win. Watching the media meltdown on election night will eclipse the fun of election night 2016. Next will come the joy of coming on this forum and reading all of the self-righteous, high and mighty TDS sufferers bad mouthing their fellow citizens that had the audacity to not vote "the way they should".

And lastly, will be the ongoing entertainment of watching the democrat left going completely off the rails, as the economy continues to improve, and Trump heads towards re-election.

If the dems win the mid terms, meh, oh well. The civil and cultural decline of the USA will resume the path it's been on for the last 50 years, and I won't live long enough to see the final fall of our republic.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@comeonman said:

But I will confess, I am hoping for a republican win. Watching the media meltdown on election night will eclipse the fun of election night 2016. Next will come the joy of coming on this forum and reading all of the self-righteous, high and mighty TDS sufferers bad mouthing their fellow citizens that had the audacity to not vote "the way they should".

And lastly, will be the ongoing entertainment of watching the democrat left going completely off the rails, as the economy continues to improve, and Trump heads towards re-election.

If the dems win the mid terms, meh, oh well. The civil and cultural decline of the USA will resume the path it's been on for the last 50 years, and I won't live long enough to see the final fall of our republic.

TDS is not a thing except in the security blanket for Republicans not to face the grave mistake they made with their selection. Frankly if you excuse trump's behavior...........you are worse than he is.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

I could always sticky it...

If there is interest for it naturally.

Doesn't the democrats have to win like every seat they can to gain power one of the houses?

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlackBalls

@comeonman said:

Republicans are getting extremely cocky, that's why they will lose. Trump is already saying there will be a red wave, I'm looking at a lot of facebook posts saying there will be a repeat of 2016, "don't believe the polls".

I don't want to start a political debate in this thread since it's all about prediction, but I think republican meltdown if the dems win will be even better, as I do agree same as the arrogance of 2016, it will be hilarious to see Trump's response to his lost. "Oh Chiiiiinnnnnaaaa hacked the elections."

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BlackBalls

@horgen said:

Doesn't the democrats have to win like every seat they can to gain power one of the houses?

I would appreciate that. I think it's a pivotal moment. If you want I can make the title less click baity, maybe a poll with asking the question?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 horgen  Moderator

@blackballs said:
@horgen said:

I would appreciate that. I think it's a pivotal moment. If you want I can make the title less click baity, maybe a poll with asking the question?

Great suggestions. At least a poll.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BlackBalls
@horgen said:
@blackballs said:
@horgen said:

Great suggestions. At least a poll.

I'm unable to create a poll or change the thread title. Should I make a new thread?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-610a70a317506

@LJS9502_basic said:
@comeonman said:

TDS is not a thing except in the security blanket for Republicans not to face the grave mistake they made with their selection. Frankly if you excuse trump's behavior...........you are worse than he is.

Yes, yes, yes. Thanks for being so damn predictable, LJ.

If I accept your condemnation of me as a horrible person, will you please keep you condescending ad hominem crap to yourself and not clutter up the thread with it?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 horgen  Moderator

@blackballs: PM me the changes. I'll see if I can edit it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-610a70a317506

@blackballs said:
@comeonman said:

Republicans are getting extremely cocky, that's why they will lose. Trump is already saying there will be a red wave, I'm looking at a lot of facebook posts saying there will be a repeat of 2016, "don't believe the polls".

I don't want to start a political debate in this thread since it's all about prediction, but I think republican meltdown if the dems win will be even better, as I do agree same as the arrogance of 2016, it will be hilarious to see Trump's response to his lost. "Oh Chiiiiinnnnnaaaa hacked the elections."

I share your interest in seeing how Trump reacts if the dems win the midterms.

Although I often support Trump, I am honest enough to see the man for the bombastic egomaniac he can be at times. We all know he doesn't take losing very well, so it will be interesting.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic

@comeonman said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Yes, yes, yes. Thanks for being so damn predictable, LJ.

If I accept your condemnation of me as a horrible person, will you please keep you condescending ad hominem crap to yourself and not clutter up the thread with it?

So this is an alt account since you think you are familiar with me and your account isn't that old and I've no conversations with you in the least. If you excuse trump's behavior then yes..........you are horrible. I can have at least some respect for Republican voters who realize they made a mistake. However, he has shown he's unqualified for the job, doesn't have the education for the job, doesn't understand how to govern, has no diplomacy or tact, appoints other unqualified candidates, is mired in more illegal activities in his campaign and administration than Nixon..

Nonetheless my main point was the use of TDS to ignore valid criticism of trump and his policies. It's childish. It doesn't exist except in the mind of those incapable of dispassionately looking at this administration.

Most of us have lived under other Republican presidents. We may not agree with their policies but I have never felt they were a threat to democracy like this idiot is.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlackBalls

@horgen said:

For some reason when I try to message you it says token is invalid or something. I'll post it here then delete the post:

Hello, I would like the topic title to say: "Do you believe Democrats will take back congress?"

And for the polls simple options:

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • Not sure
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@blackballs said:
@horgen said:

For some reason when I try to message you it says token is invalid or something. I'll post it here then delete the post:

Hello, I would like the topic title to say: "Do you believe Democrats will take back congress?"

And for the polls simple options:

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • Not sure

Just re-do the topic. Can't edit in a poll later apparently.

I am sure we could do that before.

Edit: If a poll is important for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-610a70a317506

@LJS9502_basic:

I read much more than I post.

Alt account? Hell man, I'm lucky to figure out how to create a regular account.

But we have had a few conversations before.

For me, TDS is short hand for those who think their opposition to Trump makes them somehow morally superior. I understand some are opposed to Trump, and I certainly understand that does not make them bad people.

But, if your starting point is "any support for Trump is immoral", well, we really aren't going to have a conversation, are we?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic

@comeonman said:

@LJS9502_basic:

For me, TDS is short hand for those who think their opposition to Trump makes them somehow morally superior. I understand some are opposed to Trump, and I certainly understand that does not make them bad people.

But, if your starting point is "any support for Trump is immoral", well, we really aren't going to have a conversation, are we?

As I said I have respect for those who realized the error of their vote. If you still support him then nothing is going to get through to you no matter what he does.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: lol TDS isn't a thing? You have it for **** sake its definitely a thing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic

@blackhairedhero said:

@LJS9502_basic: lol TDS isn't a thing? You have it for **** sake its definitely a thing.

Way to miss the point. Like I said it's an EXCUSE for those who voted in the worst president in the history of the US to hide from their own failure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-610a70a317506

@LJS9502_basic said:
@comeonman said:

@LJS9502_basic:

As I said I have respect for those who realized the error of their vote. If you still support him then nothing is going to get through to you no matter what he does.

I get it. You refuse to respect those that are not part of The Resistance.

Well, I'm not joining The Resistance, and I can live without your respect, so we have reached an impasse.

Peace out

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blackhairedhero

@LJS9502_basic: Hes nowhere near the worst president. That's your TDS again. I think hes doing fine and I love watching you guys kick and scream nonstop for the last two years. You have had a media love affair with Obama for the past 8 years and in the meantime this country and 90% of the media turned into a race baiting shithole that pushed every far left ideology without consequences and now your getting the push back.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@blackhairedhero said:

@LJS9502_basic: Hes nowhere near the worst president. That's your TDS again. I think hes doing fine and I love watching you guys kick and scream nonstop for the last two years. You have had a media love affair with Obama for the past 8 years and in the meantime this country and 90% of the media turned into a race baiting shithole that pushed every far left ideology without consequences and now your getting the push back.

No he IS the worst president. Maybe if you weren't lining up to kiss his ass all the time you'd see reality.......but I doubt it.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@LJS9502_basic: lol I'm hardly lining up to kiss his ass. He has faults.. hes thin skinned and an egomaniac but so what? The economy continues to move upward.. he fights the radical left who was on the verge of taking over the country and at the end of the day things are better now then they have ever been. You just keep getting your feelings hurt and focusing on shit that doesn't matter.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16538 Posts

@blackhairedhero: the delusion in the right is amazing. Trump didn't do a single thing worthy, just riding Obama's economy and taking credit for it. I don't even like Obama, he was weak.

Trump made things worse... getting out of the Paris Accord was a mistake. Tarrifs on China?? Not sure that's a good idea either. He's done some good things, but mostly he's just tooting his own horn and taking credit from Obama. Fat orange buffoon.

He's completely ignored an entire field of science somehow. Doesn't even bother mentioning climate change, he doesn't have a plan. He could have just left in place the framework set by Obama but the orange turd had a sissy fit. Now even individual states are turning on him, what a loser bum.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Blackhairedhero

@blaznwiipspman1: Sorry but your an absolute bufoon if you think he didn't do anything. You can't ride an economy for two years without something.

Tariffs on China? Brilliant idea as far as I'm concerned. What other country bans the worlds products from being sold within their own country and then violates patent agreements to make ripoffs and sells them within. The fact hes the first president to have some balls to do something about it deserves some credit. No hes not perfect and he certainly isn't very articulate but so far hes done a good job.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic

@blackhairedhero said:

@blaznwiipspman1: Sorry but your an absolute bufoon if you think he didn't do anything. You can't ride an economy for two years without something.

Tariffs on China? Brilliant idea as far as I'm concerned. What other country bans the worlds products from being sold within their own country and then violates patent agreements to make ripoffs and sells them within. The fact hes the first president to have some balls to do something about it deserves some credit. No hes not perfect and he certainly isn't very articulate but so far hes done a good job.

What did he do? The economy was trending this way for some time. Minus any policy changes it would continue on course. Trickle down economics don't work and create a recession..........this is historically proven and he jumped back into that. He increased spending while decreasing funds to pay for it. Is that how you run your house? Because it's a huge mistake. He's eroding the voice of the working people in favor of the elites. Weakening unions does not help anyone but those elites. He's scaled back regulations which means your environment can be polluted. Great for your health. Speaking of which he's eroded the ACA.....meaning expenses are on the rise.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blackhairedhero

@LJS9502_basic: The ACA was Absolutely trash unless you were dirt poor. Yes I know I had to get a ACA compliant plan. The new trade act with Canada and Mexico is in fact a good thing and the Tarrifs on China will ultimately have a positive effect as they have been screwing us for decades.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@blackhairedhero said:

@LJS9502_basic: The ACA was Absolutely trash unless you were dirt poor. Yes I know I had to get a ACA compliant plan. The new trade act with Canada and Mexico is in fact a good thing and the Tarrifs on China will ultimately have a positive effect as they have been screwing us for decades.

Personally I think it should be funded as education is by taxes. No one should be without healthcare nor should it be too expensive.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16538 Posts

@blackhairedhero: HA! I'm the last person who you want to talk to about patents. It's just a disgusting commie over reach by the government to interfere in the market to such an extent. Patents or ideas aren't property, it's something not even physical or real. On top of that, the government has gone way too far in these so called protections. Effectively giving companies guaranteed profits for years and years and years after the initial investment is paid off. Was that the intention of the patent system?? Was it to create monopolies and restrict competition? As far as I see it, it's a giant scam.

It's funny, Mickey mouse creator Walt Disney died nearly 80 years ago. The government is still giving free trademark cheese to Disney, supposedly for another 70 years. Bunch of commie bastards.

As far as the Chinese go, they are the real free market capitalists. It's why their economy is so exciting. They don't respect bullsht laws like patents. They copy, and they make their own superior designs. That's a real free market.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Lol, not a chance. The Democrats are a dead party. Try again in 2024, Trump and co. aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blackhairedhero

@blaznwiipspman1: You just said China is the real free market? Lmao! How is banning products and then ripping them off free market? They also don't make superior designs as the vast majority of their stuff is cheap knockoff shit.

China is the definition of commi bastards and they screw everyone else over as well.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 23890 Posts

@blackhairedhero said:

According to experts. Trump is ranked as the worst US president of all time.

As for the rest of the world, Trump is treated as the joke that he is. Remember how they all laughed at Trump in the UN?

Funny how you say Obama pushed every far left ideology, when most people agree he was a Centrist, Center Left, but still a Centrist.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@blackballs said:

Okay, so I remember predicting Trump would win in one of my communications class and all my peers getting angry with me. .

very similar story. I posted on FB that I think 'there is a good chance Trump could win, people are under estimating the power of the rural vote'

I got a lot of heat for that, not as much heat for saying 'when you are at work, you are objectified, we are all in roles of objects at one time or another'

and I think there is a good chance Dems will win the Senate as well.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

@blackhairedhero: 1

Aca is better then the system we had before. Way better.

2.can you tell me what in the new Marta deal makes it better then the old one?

3.so who is going to pay for nail out given to farmers effected by the tariffs?

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Blackhairedhero

@dreman999:

Experts think it will bring more manufacture jobs hesr in the Us and also save the American Dairy farms. Canadian farmers are actually bitching about it.

Probably us but it's ok because I've been paying far more for other peoples healthcare for the past several years.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blackhairedhero

@Maroxad: When 57% of your political experts identify as Democrats it's hard to take that pole seriously..

The UN laughed at him? Who cares. Did you know the other powerful leaders of the UN have a worse approval rating then Trump Including Macron, Merkel, May and Trudeau?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TryIt

@blackhairedhero said:

@dreman999:

Experts think it will bring more manufacture jobs hesr in the Us and also save the American Dairy farms. Canadian farmers are actually bitching about it.

Probably us but it's ok because I've been paying far more for other peoples healthcare for the past several years.

first off experts do not think that

second off, manufacturing jobs are going to be out due to automation so it really doesnt matter where the robots are working, it will not save jobs.

5 years ago I recall them saying its really hard to get a robot to walk and they havent figure out that problem yet.

Loading Video...

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@tryit: Well your experts think the world ends tomorrow...they also thought the market would crash.

And it will be awhile before Robots take manufacturing.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

@blackhairedhero: I don't think you understand what I'm say....where and what in the deal says it would do that? Nothing in is is stopping us manufactures from making things over sea. This just means they can't do it 3rd party anymore with the same savings.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TryIt

@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: Well your experts think the world ends tomorrow...they also thought the market would crash.

And it will be awhile before Robots take manufacturing.

they already have for the most part.

and there have been dramatic improvements to robotics/automation in just the past 5 years of which is faster then before.

did you know that Lego factory has zero workers in them? there is even a word for it its called 'Lights out Manufacturing' which means they can run without even the lights on. The real kicker to that Lego example is that those factories are based on OLD technology, not the newer tech

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#40 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@blackballs said:

Okay, so I remember predicting Trump would win in one of my communications class and all my peers getting angry with me. I don't like Trump, but what people forget about American politics is that it's all about getting people fired enough to vote. That's why republicans took control of congress in '10.

According to recent polls, Democratic enthusiasm is sky high. We've also seen them win some almost impossible congressional seats like Alabama (crazy).

I'm predicting Democrats will take back congress, they'll actually pick up a surprising number of seats in the house, though I expect the senate to be very close. Possibly just have a 1 seat advantage.

Januck, bookmark this thread. We only have less than 6 weeks to come back to it.

Do not need to bookmark it.

But latest polls is

PollDateSampleDemocrats (D)Republicans (R)Spread
RCP Average9/16 - 10/2--48.741.0Democrats +7.7
Economist/YouGov9/30 - 10/21227 RV4540Democrats +5
NPR/PBS/Marist10/1 - 10/1996 RV4842Democrats +6
Reuters/Ipsos9/26 - 10/21840 LV5038Democrats +12
Harvard-Harris9/29 - 9/301330 RV4537Democrats +8
Quinnipiac9/27 - 9/301111 RV4942Democrats +7
Rasmussen Reports9/23 - 9/272500 LV4742Democrats +5
Pew Research9/18 - 9/241439 RV5242Democrats +10
Gallup9/17 - 9/231308 RV5142Democrats +9
FOX News9/16 - 9/19818 LV4942Democrats +7
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl9/16 - 9/19594 LV5143Democrats +8

So there is no doubt that the Democrats will take the house but more interesting is the Senate, Right now it´s D44-48R with 8 seats a toss up where they are 1-5 points apart here Texas and Florida two key races to follow and even West Virginia who Trump won big, is worth a look

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 horgen  Moderator

I wonder if polls will be as accurate during the president election.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BlackBalls

@Jacanuk said:
@blackballs said:

Do not need to bookmark it.

But latest polls is

PollDateSampleDemocrats (D)Republicans (R)Spread
RCP Average9/16 - 10/2--48.741.0Democrats +7.7
Economist/YouGov9/30 - 10/21227 RV4540Democrats +5
NPR/PBS/Marist10/1 - 10/1996 RV4842Democrats +6
Reuters/Ipsos9/26 - 10/21840 LV5038Democrats +12
Harvard-Harris9/29 - 9/301330 RV4537Democrats +8
Quinnipiac9/27 - 9/301111 RV4942Democrats +7
Rasmussen Reports9/23 - 9/272500 LV4742Democrats +5
Pew Research9/18 - 9/241439 RV5242Democrats +10
Gallup9/17 - 9/231308 RV5142Democrats +9
FOX News9/16 - 9/19818 LV4942Democrats +7
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl9/16 - 9/19594 LV5143Democrats +8

So there is no doubt that the Democrats will take the house but more interesting is the Senate, Right now it´s D44-48R with 8 seats a toss up where they are 1-5 points apart here Texas and Florida two key races to follow and even West Virginia who Trump won big, is worth a look

First time we can start to debate. The Senate will be an interesting race. Honestly, I still think Dems will take it but it will be so close. I'm predicting Texas will turn blue. Cruz is losing a lot of support, his contender is firing up the base.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BlackBalls

@horgen said:

Well, the presidential polls were accurate. Hillary did win the popular vote. What the polls couldn't predict was the electoral college and how a sum amount of votes could have swayed the Trump victory. I believe there is no way to predict that. Also, I think this is something republicans are learning now - fire up the base. Trump got people to vote. Democrats got cocky because they thought Trump couldn't possibly win so they stayed home.

It's different now. Democrats are angry, they want to send a message. They are going to vote in record numbers for a mid-term.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

This political nonsense has bored me to death. I don't even care about the Dems or the GOP. All they seem to be doing is digging their grave deeper.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 horgen  Moderator

@blackballs said:
@horgen said:

Well, the presidential polls were accurate. Hillary did win the popular vote. What the polls couldn't predict was the electoral college and how a sum amount of votes could have swayed the Trump victory. I believe there is no way to predict that. Also, I think this is something republicans are learning now - fire up the base. Trump got people to vote. Democrats got cocky because they thought Trump couldn't possibly win so they stayed home.

It's different now. Democrats are angry, they want to send a message. They are going to vote in record numbers for a mid-term.

They failed to account for the EC, so no they weren't that accurate.

Do you really think Democrats will vote in huge numbers this time?

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BlackBalls

@horgen said:
@blackballs said:
@horgen said:

They failed to account for the EC, so no they weren't that accurate.

Do you really think Democrats will vote in huge numbers this time?

But presidential polling never accounts for the EC. It has always been about the overall vote. The hardest and impossible part to predict is where the numbers will end up within a state. In a way it makes polls in general elections a bit useless for predicting the outcome. Example was Truman vs. Dewy.

And yes, early polling is showing a huge interest for democrats. They are fired up. Republicans less so. Unlike the EC, polling for states is much more accurate.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jacanuk

@blackballs said:

First time we can start to debate. The Senate will be an interesting race. Honestly, I still think Dems will take it but it will be so close. I'm predicting Texas will turn blue. Cruz is losing a lot of support, his contender is firing up the base.

The Senate will most certainly be an interesting race, and after Kavanaugh, it looks like it will be an even more interesting.

Cruz was close to being thrown out on his butt, but now Cruz is up by +6, Same with Tennessee, Blackburn was down to only a marginal "toss up" 2 points but are now back to a relative firm lead of +8

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/tx/texas_senate_cruz_vs_orourke-6310.html

And

44Democrats *
Toss Ups
Republicans49
10/8TexasToss Up»»»Leans GOP44*749
10/3New JerseyToss Up»»»Leans Dem44*848
10/1New JerseyLeans Dem»»»Toss Up43*948
10/1North DakotaToss Up»»»Leans GOP43*948
8/31MontanaLeans Dem»»»Toss Up44*947

New Jersey is from before the last stretch of the Kavanaugh hearing same with North Dakota and Montana. So it will be interesting to see those results tick in.

Even the House race is looking interesting and there seem to be a newly found republican energy, so if they can carry that through with close to 4 weeks left. Well looks like the Democrats and Avenatti have hurt their chances more than they would have liked.

But what a surprise if Republicans actually gain a few seats and can secure the Senate with more than the soon to be independent Murkowski and Collins who though seem to have found some new energy.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BlackBalls

@Jacanuk said:
@blackballs said:

The Senate will most certainly be an interesting race, and after Kavanaugh, it looks like it will be an even more interesting.

Cruz was close to being thrown out on his butt, but now Cruz is up by +6, Same with Tennessee, Blackburn was down to only a marginal "toss up" 2 points but are now back to a relative firm lead of +8

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/tx/texas_senate_cruz_vs_orourke-6310.html

And

44Democrats *
Toss Ups
Republicans49
10/8TexasToss Up»»»Leans GOP44*749
10/3New JerseyToss Up»»»Leans Dem44*848
10/1New JerseyLeans Dem»»»Toss Up43*948
10/1North DakotaToss Up»»»Leans GOP43*948
8/31MontanaLeans Dem»»»Toss Up44*947

New Jersey is from before the last stretch of the Kavanaugh hearing same with North Dakota and Montana. So it will be interesting to see those results tick in.

Even the House race is looking interesting and there seem to be a newly found republican energy, so if they can carry that through with close to 4 weeks left. Well looks like the Democrats and Avenatti have hurt their chances more than they would have liked.

But what a surprise if Republicans actually gain a few seats and can secure the Senate with more than the soon to be independent Murkowski and Collins who though seem to have found some new energy.

I think at this point, I'd probably ignore the polls. I believe that it's up to voter turnout. It seems both parties are energized, democrats a bit more but they usually have younger voters which don't do much for their chances. I still believe in my prediction, but this will be very interesting.

If young people get out to vote in droves, democrats retake congress. If they stay home, it will be a republican victory. It's simple as that. My bet is that they will get out to vote.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jacanuk

@blackballs said:

I think at this point, I'd probably ignore the polls. I believe that it's up to voter turnout. It seems both parties are energized, democrats a bit more but they usually have younger voters which don't do much for their chances. I still believe in my prediction, but this will be very interesting.

If young people get out to vote in droves, democrats retake congress. If they stay home, it will be a republican victory. It's simple as that. My bet is that they will get out to vote.

I think it´s a very good idea to kinda ignore the polls at this point.

As you say it will all come down to who can get most of their energized group to the polls.

Republicans are older and more set and usually have a strong voter turnout, Democrats have the young hip progressives but as we saw with Sanders and Clinton, they somehow can´t switch that energy to also actually finding the time to go to the polls.

So agree it will all be about who turns up, Democrats and Congress will be theirs with a similar margin to the Republicans have now, Republicans and Democrats will still get a majority in the house but not as big, and Reps will gain a some seats in the Senate.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BlackBalls

@Jacanuk said:
@blackballs said:

I think it´s a very good idea to kinda ignore the polls at this point.

As you say it will all come down to who can get most of their energized group to the polls.

Republicans are older and more set and usually have a strong voter turnout, Democrats have the young hip progressives but as we saw with Sanders and Clinton, they somehow can´t switch that energy to also actually finding the time to go to the polls.

So agree it will all be about who turns up, Democrats and Congress will be theirs with a similar margin to the Republicans have now, Republicans and Democrats will still get a majority in the house but not as big, and Reps will gain a some seats in the Senate.

Exciting. To be honest, this is a very interesting midterm. Historically an unpopular president easily loses the midterms. However, Trump is widely popular with his base, though universally disliked by the other party - unlike Bush in his first term. And unlike republicans during Clinton.

So as you say and we can agree to. Non-white and young turnout will be the key for democrats. If they don't go out to vote, its a republican victory in the senate, though I believe eitherway the house is pretty much a given chance to switch democrat, regardless.