Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@waahahah said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@waahahah said:

What I believe doesn't matter. The fact remains in order for congress to pass a bill they either have to have two thirds of each house to support it or majority + executive branch support.

No single group of people are at fault if something doesn't pass. Its a combined effort. That is the fact of the matter. And just because something is a popular opinion doesn't change that fact.

Also what am I "going for".

A single group (or person), e.g. the President, can be at fault for something not passing. This has been said several times and I think my time is better spent slamming my head against a wall than repeating myself anymore.

Again its not his fault alone. Its just as much on them to bring something he can sign and if that doesn't happen finding a way forward. Its been 25 days and they are all unwilling to budge, thus all at fault.

'I alone can end the shutdown with a signature...so therefore it's everyone else's fault too!'

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#152 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@waahahah said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@waahahah said:

What I believe doesn't matter. The fact remains in order for congress to pass a bill they either have to have two thirds of each house to support it or majority + executive branch support.

No single group of people are at fault if something doesn't pass. Its a combined effort. That is the fact of the matter. And just because something is a popular opinion doesn't change that fact.

Also what am I "going for".

A single group (or person), e.g. the President, can be at fault for something not passing. This has been said several times and I think my time is better spent slamming my head against a wall than repeating myself anymore.

Again its not his fault alone. Its just as much on them to bring something he can sign and if that doesn't happen finding a way forward. Its been 25 days and they are all unwilling to budge, thus all at fault.

'I alone can end the shutdown with a signature...so therefore it's everyone else's fault too!'

This is completely stupid. Your ignoring the implication of what he's saying, *if they bring me something I'm willing to sign*.

Its amazing how stupid people are... oh there is a disagreement to what we should do, its the second party's fault!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@waahahah said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@waahahah said:

This is completely stupid. Your ignoring the implication of what he's saying, *if they bring me something I'm willing to sign*.

Its amazing how stupid people are... oh there is a disagreement to what we should do, its the second party's fault!

Yes yes it is. He's not dictator. We have Congress for a reason. It's trump's fault and trump's alone........well along with his enablers.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

@waahahah: bull. This shut down happen because trump wanted a wall. He denied the funding of the government before the new year when Congress was in was in control of the republican.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 waahahah
@LJS9502_basic said:
@waahahah said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@waahahah said:

Yes yes it is. He's not dictator. We have Congress for a reason. It's trump's fault and trump's alone........well along with his enablers.

You realize how foolish you sound? Congress also is given accountability through the presidency through a veto. And congress gives the presidency accountability by being able to override a veto.

Guess what. Congress isn't overriding trump's demands. That means enough people see those demands as reasonable. Your calling them "enablers" which means you have a bias. The point is the government was intentionally designed this way. It was designed so that congress can't pass anything they want without the other 2 branches being able to weight in. But they do it after congress... 100% of the time. The presidency gets to veto/sign the bill when it finally gets to him, regardless of tentative plans he will always have the second look. Once its passed the judicial branch can also shoot it down if it deems it unconstitutional. For instance the ACA has an open case for being unconstitutional... and its not on a faulty logic. Was obama to blame when that shutdown happened. Congress does have the authority to defend servercices... was any one sad that they defunded federal forfeitures and marijuana seizures?

There are so many ways to stop a bill because its more important to get them right. It's fundamentally disagreements about what needs there are and no one person is at fault if no one can compromise. Because it takes two to fail to compromise.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#156 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@waahahah said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@waahahah said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@waahahah said:

You realize how foolish you sound? Congress also is given accountability through the presidency through a veto. And congress gives the presidency accountability by being able to override a veto.

Guess what. Congress isn't overriding trump's demands. That means enough people see those demands as reasonable. Your calling them "enablers" which means you have a bias. The point is the government was intentionally designed this way. It was designed so that congress can't pass anything they want without the other 2 branches being able to weight in. But they do it after congress... 100% of the time. The presidency gets to veto/sign the bill when it finally gets to him, regardless of tentative plans he will always have the second look. Once its passed the judicial branch can also shoot it down if it deems it unconstitutional. For instance the ACA has an open case for being unconstitutional... and its not on a faulty logic. Was obama to blame when that shutdown happened. Congress does have the authority to defend servercices... was any one sad that they defunded federal forfeitures and marijuana seizures?

There are so many ways to stop a bill because its more important to get them right. It's fundamentally disagreements about what needs there are and no one person is at fault if no one can compromise. Because it takes two to fail to compromise.

If the shut down goes for for more days it could trigger a Reduction in Forces in the government. There are a lot of government employees that can be eliminated. That just might happen.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 waahahah
@JimB said:

If the shut down goes for for more days it could trigger a Reduction in Forces in the government. There are a lot of government employees that can be eliminated. That just might happen.

Ok. This has nothing to do with what I said though.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@JimB: "If the shut down goes for for more days it could trigger a Reduction in Forces in the government. There are a lot of government employees that can be eliminated. That just might happen."

So would you count that as a win? Genuinely curious.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 waahahah

@Serraph105 said:

@JimB: "If the shut down goes for for more days it could trigger a Reduction in Forces in the government. There are a lot of government employees that can be eliminated. That just might happen."

So would you count that as a win? Genuinely curious.

I don't care, it has nothing to do with what I said.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Serraph105

@waahahah: unless you are an alt of JimB, I wasn't actually asking you.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#161 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@waahahah said:
@JimB said:

I know just a comment.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By waahahah

@JimB said:
@waahahah said:
@JimB said:

I know just a comment.

Ah ok, this goes for a lot of different parts of government. Some people that are hoping to clean house are hoping to point at a lot of non essentials and use it as a point to start cleaving.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 waahahah
@Serraph105 said:

@waahahah: unless you are an alt of JimB, I wasn't actually asking you.

Either way you missed my point. The outcome doesn't matter, its getting to an outcome that everyone can agree on.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Serraph105

@waahahah: I lost interest in discussing your point with you around two days ago.

We can still discuss other things if you like. Love a good conversation, but we are just going to have to agree to disagree and move on in this case.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 waahahah

@Serraph105 said:

@waahahah: I lost interest in discussing your point with you around two days ago.

We can still discuss other things if you like. Love a good conversation, but we are just going to have to agree to disagree and move on in this case.

well thats a lie, your still here. That is less than two days.