Democratic Voters Support Harsh Measures Against Unvaccinated

  • 92 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

48405

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 48405 Posts

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/partner_surveys/jan_2022/covid_19_democratic_voters_support_harsh_measures_against_unvaccinated

While many voters have become skeptical toward the federal government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a majority of Democrats embrace restrictive policies, including punitive measures against those who haven’t gotten the COVID-19 vaccine.

Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Democratic voters would favor a government policy requiring that citizens remain confined to their homes at all times, except for emergencies, if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Such a proposal is opposed by 61% of all likely voters, including 79% of Republicans and 71% of unaffiliated voters.

Fifty-eight percent (58%) of voters would oppose a proposal for federal or state governments to fine Americans who choose not to get a COVID-19 vaccine. However, 55% of Democratic voters would support such a proposal, compared to just 19% of Republicans and 25% of unaffiliated voters.

Nearly half (48%) of Democratic voters think federal and state governments should be able to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines on social media, television, radio, or in online or digital publications. Only 27% of all voters – including just 14% of Republicans and 18% of unaffiliated voters – favor criminal punishment of vaccine critics.

Forty-five percent (45%) of Democrats would favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities or locations if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Such a policy would be opposed by a strong majority (71%) of all voters, with 78% of Republicans and 64% of unaffiliated voters saying they would Strongly Oppose putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities.”

While about two-thirds (66%) of likely voters would be against governments using digital devices to track unvaccinated people to ensure that they are quarantined or socially distancing from others, 47% of Democrats favor a government tracking program for those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine.

How far are Democrats willing to go in punishing the unvaccinated? Twenty-nine percent (29%) of Democratic voters would support temporarily removing parents’ custody of their children if parents refuse to take the COVID-19 vaccine. That’s much more than twice the level of support in the rest of the electorate – seven percent (7%) of Republicans and 11% of unaffiliated voters – for such a policy.

So, in summary if you are unvaccinated, 55% of Democrats want to fine you, 59% want you confined to your home, 48% want you fined or imprisoned for questioning vaccine efficacy, 45% want you forced into designated facilities, 47% want you digitally tracked, and 29% want to take your children.

Wowsa. Curious, do any of these measures/suggestions appear reasonable to anyone here?

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

3208

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 3208 Posts

Truly distopian... that half of Democrats want to run America like it's the CCP... insane.. the covid hysteria sure did a number on alot of people... They got these people wanting lock people in camps and take their children from them...and to mark them with tracking devices... Jesus. Over a virus with a 99% survival rate... Ugh

When I read stuff like this... This is the kind of stuff that makes me feel the country is legit on brink of civil war...

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

11611

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 11611 Posts

I've always said it, give people the choice to vaccinate or not. You can't force people to do what they don't want. But here's the thing. Hospitals are being over run, and a huge majority clogging up our hospitals, occupying our icu, emergency rooms are the unvaccinated. And we can't even help people with real Ilnesses like those cancer patients, and people who are shot or in vehicle accidents. All because the right doesn't want to take a simple vaccine. Acting like overgrown babies. If they aren't willing to waive all their rights if they become sick, which hypocritical they all argue against, then I fully support a taxation on the unvaccinated so the people who need real care can get it.

Avatar image for appariti0n
appariti0n

4644

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 4644 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: Nope. Completely irrational, and authoritarian.

Avatar image for horgen
horgen

126230

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 126230 Posts

I am curious… is it a “slow news day” response I should go with, or question the use of “wowsa”?

Because the latter seems only to come when you disagree with it.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

18462

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 18462 Posts
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/partner_surveys/jan_2022/covid_19_democratic_voters_support_harsh_measures_against_unvaccinated

While many voters have become skeptical toward the federal government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a majority of Democrats embrace restrictive policies, including punitive measures against those who haven’t gotten the COVID-19 vaccine.

Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Democratic voters would favor a government policy requiring that citizens remain confined to their homes at all times, except for emergencies, if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Such a proposal is opposed by 61% of all likely voters, including 79% of Republicans and 71% of unaffiliated voters.

Fifty-eight percent (58%) of voters would oppose a proposal for federal or state governments to fine Americans who choose not to get a COVID-19 vaccine. However, 55% of Democratic voters would support such a proposal, compared to just 19% of Republicans and 25% of unaffiliated voters.

Nearly half (48%) of Democratic voters think federal and state governments should be able to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines on social media, television, radio, or in online or digital publications. Only 27% of all voters – including just 14% of Republicans and 18% of unaffiliated voters – favor criminal punishment of vaccine critics.

Forty-five percent (45%) of Democrats would favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities or locations if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Such a policy would be opposed by a strong majority (71%) of all voters, with 78% of Republicans and 64% of unaffiliated voters saying they would Strongly Oppose putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities.”

While about two-thirds (66%) of likely voters would be against governments using digital devices to track unvaccinated people to ensure that they are quarantined or socially distancing from others, 47% of Democrats favor a government tracking program for those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine.

How far are Democrats willing to go in punishing the unvaccinated? Twenty-nine percent (29%) of Democratic voters would support temporarily removing parents’ custody of their children if parents refuse to take the COVID-19 vaccine. That’s much more than twice the level of support in the rest of the electorate – seven percent (7%) of Republicans and 11% of unaffiliated voters – for such a policy.

So, in summary if you are unvaccinated, 55% of Democrats want to fine you, 59% want you confined to your home, 48% want you fined or imprisoned for questioning vaccine efficacy, 45% want you forced into designated facilities, 47% want you digitally tracked, and 29% want to take your children.

Wowsa. Curious, do any of these measures/suggestions appear reasonable to anyone here?

I agree with the fine idea. We have fines for less dangerous offenses. Sometimes for even stupid reasons.

I disagree with the remaining ideas, but acknowledge they would likely save a high number of lives.

@sargentd said:

Truly distopian... that half of Democrats want to run America like it's the CCP... insane.. the covid hysteria sure did a number on alot of people... They got these people wanting lock people in camps and take their children from them...and to mark them with tracking devices... Jesus. Over a virus with a 99% survival rate... Ugh

When I read stuff like this... This is the kind of stuff that makes me feel the country is legit on brink of civil war...

That's a lot of hyperbolic descriptions for these people just wanting less death. I think much worse of the opposing side that's causing these issues and deaths.

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

18165

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 18165 Posts

In Canada conservative government wants to prevent you from going into large stores, liquor stores, and fine you if you're unvaccinated, and the liberal government doesn't want to. 🤷 They seemed to have announced this by surprise without even polling the people, and even if it introduces discrimination instead of the existing equal healthcare options for equal payment. They actually want to fundamentally change their healthcare system over this whether constituents like it or not.

Here, if democrat voters want that, the government actually going ahead with that is another matter. It could just be people voicing their frustrations in a poll without considering the logistics or ramifications.

Avatar image for appariti0n
appariti0n

4644

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 4644 Posts

@girlusocrazy: Source?

I think you're referring to Quebec only, where the Coalition Avenir Quebec party, led by Francois Legault is in power. And he's insane. Setting a curfew between the hours of 10 pm and 5 am, etc.

Different from the Conservative party (federal) or the UCP - United conservative party (provincial -Alberta).

The UCP is 100% opposed now to any sort of restrictions other than mask requirements, while the federal conservatives don't seem to know what they want. Thus far they oppose mandates and restrictions, but who knows. Their leader Erin O'toole doesn't seem to know what he stands for these days. Trying to be everything to everyone, while pleasing nobody.

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

3637

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I can understand the frustration from people who see other people dying because others just don't give a fk.

Some hypothetically would want stricter restrictions upon the unvaccinated while others effectively cause unnecessary deaths.

But this clearly falls under the "slow news day" category, like our dear mod likes to call it. Should I fake surprise? 😲

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

48405

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 1

#10 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 48405 Posts

@zaryia: Fines can be for criminal offenses. Should it be a crime to be unvaccinated? Crime to not be boosted? Crime to not social distance or wear a mask? What do you think?

@horgen said:

I am curious… is it a “slow news day” response I should go with, or question the use of “wowsa”?

Because the latter seems only to come when you disagree with it.

Hm, am I driving through the Utah salt flats again? Wowsa, indeed!

Avatar image for neatfeatguy
neatfeatguy

4345

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#11 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4345 Posts

Ignorance continues to run the world.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
HoolaHoopMan

13907

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 13907 Posts

Must be a slow news day when polls are now convenient for some. *Yawn*

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

48405

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 1

#13 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 48405 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Must be a slow news day when polls are now convenient for some. *Yawn*

Holy salt. We've had a number of poll threads over the last few months. Why so upset now?

Avatar image for WitIsWisdom
WitIsWisdom

8231

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#14 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 8231 Posts

Meanwhile in other countries they are moving Covid into the same category as the common flu. Nothing to see here, just more fear mongering and losers trying to hold onto any shred of power they can retain. It's a good thing what they think doesn't matter.

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

18165

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#15 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 18165 Posts

@appariti0n said:

@girlusocrazy: Source?

I think you're referring to Quebec only, where the Coalition Avenir Quebec party

Yes. The CAQ party idealizes consevatism and nationalism. They also seek to restrict the rights of people who wear religious symbols (mostly meaning they want to get rid of hijabs and burkas and turbans etc), and to discriminate against people who do not reflect their other cultural ideals.

They want to tax unvaccinated people a "significant" amount, require a vaccine passport to enter large stores, and to enter liquor and cannabis stores.

Avatar image for appariti0n
appariti0n

4644

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 4644 Posts

@girlusocrazy: Yes, we don't refer to them as "conservatives" in Canada. Hence my confusion, as you didn't specify Quebec in your OP.

They don't idealize Canadian nationalism, they do idealize having a unique Quebecois identity though. Quebec has always been this way, even threatening to separate a few times.

I guess that's what people in Quebec voted for. So we'll see if they're still in power after the next provincial election. I can't imagine many are happy with Legault imposing a curfew lol.

As for the religious symbols thing, I'm well aware how everyone is trying to falsely frame it as "racist" as if white people don't have religions too. I do think it's a relatively pointless bill tho.

With the exception of perhaps the police force where it can be a safety issue, im not sure why anyone cares if someone wears religious symbols like hijabs.

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

7250

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By Eoten  Online
Member since 2020 • 7250 Posts

...And they call other people the authoritarians and fascists.

Avatar image for appariti0n
appariti0n

4644

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#18 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 4644 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: I mean, you did kinda use the "slow news day" thing a few times, so I'm not surprised you're getting it thrown back at you. :P

But I agree 100% with your thread. These people are insane for wanting unvaccinated people locked in their houses for this.

Personally, I'm way more afraid of so many people cheering on authoritarian measures like this than covid. So I don't think this is a "slow news day" kinda thing. I think it's definitely something to sit up and take notice of. But to each their own.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

48405

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 1

#19 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 48405 Posts

@appariti0n said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: I mean, you did kinda use the "slow news day" thing a few times, so I'm not surprised you're getting it thrown back at you. :P

But I agree 100% with your thread. These people are insane for wanting unvaccinated people locked in their houses for this.

Personally, I'm way more afraid of so many people cheering on authoritarian measures like this than covid. So I don't think this is a "slow news day" kinda thing. I think it's definitely something to sit up and take notice of. But to each their own.

It just tells me I live rent free in so many minds. lol It is crazy times though and with that comes a lot of fragility.

Avatar image for Willy105
Willy105

25797

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#20 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 25797 Posts
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
So, in summary if you are unvaccinated, 55% of Democrats want to fine you, 59% want you confined to your home, 48% want you fined or imprisoned for questioning vaccine efficacy, 45% want you forced into designated facilities, 47% want you digitally tracked, and 29% want to take your children.

Wowsa. Curious, do any of these measures/suggestions appear reasonable to anyone here?

That's....what the US used to do in the 50s.

It sucks we can't do it like the US did it back then: go door to door, church to church, business to business, line people up, and eliminate it so that it's not an issue anymore.

The fact that only 59% want people confined in their homes shows how poorly this county was prepared to solve a crisis.

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

18165

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 18165 Posts
@appariti0n said:

@girlusocrazy: Yes, we don't refer to them as "conservatives" in Canada. Hence my confusion, as you didn't specify Quebec in your OP.

Walks like a duck talks like a duck, but maybe I have it wrong and they're closest to Republicans instead of Conservatives

Avatar image for sheep99
sheep99

1254

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#22 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@sargentd: that virus can mutate and become even worse, 1st they had issues putting a f*cking mask on and now its the vaccine, sure don’t take the vaccine but at least put the mask on for f*ck sake, just bunch of snow flakes

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

7250

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#23 Eoten  Online
Member since 2020 • 7250 Posts
@sheep99 said:

@sargentd: that virus can mutate and become even worse, 1st they had issues putting a f*cking mask on and now its the vaccine, sure don’t take the vaccine but at least put the mask on for f*ck sake, just bunch of snow flakes

Except Covid has been doing what all viruses tend to do. Get weaker with each new variant. By your logic, common cold could mutate tomorrow and kill millions. But, that's not going to happen.

Avatar image for sheep99
sheep99

1254

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#24 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@eoten: I really don’t have time to explain how viruses work if you want to think that sars and hiv is the same go for it, a dumb ass will be always a dumb ass, without modern medicine we would have an other influenza pandemic, we already have vaccine mandates for school for a reason, please do yourself a favor and stop being stupid,

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

3346

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#25 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 3346 Posts

The party of authoritarian nutjobs. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Avatar image for appariti0n
appariti0n

4644

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#26 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 4644 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: lol It is crazy times though and with that comesa lotof fragility.

100% agree. The state of public discourse these days is just sad.

Avatar image for comp_atkins
comp_atkins

37711

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#27 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 37711 Posts

simple solution here:

proof of vaccination required for voting.

kill 2 birds with one stone. restrict voting ( plus for conservatives ) and increased vaccinations ( plus for liberals )

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

30365

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 30365 Posts
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

So, in summary if you are unvaccinated, 55% of Democrats want to fine you, 59% want you confined to your home, 48% want you fined or imprisoned for questioning vaccine efficacy, 45% want you forced into designated facilities, 47% want you digitally tracked, and 29% want to take your children.

Wowsa. Curious, do any of these measures/suggestions appear reasonable to anyone here?

Yeah. Confine unvaccinated people to their home sounds good. That way they'll be forced to not give others covid. No one gets hurt, and those who are unvaccinated can go ahead and vaccinate whenever they please, if they want to start going out in public again.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

48405

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 1

#29 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 48405 Posts

@Litchie said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

So, in summary if you are unvaccinated, 55% of Democrats want to fine you, 59% want you confined to your home, 48% want you fined or imprisoned for questioning vaccine efficacy, 45% want you forced into designated facilities, 47% want you digitally tracked, and 29% want to take your children.

Wowsa. Curious, do any of these measures/suggestions appear reasonable to anyone here?

Yeah. Confine unvaccinated people to their home sounds good. That way they'll be forced to not give others covid. No one gets hurt, and those who are unvaccinated can go ahead and vaccinate whenever they please, if they want to start going out in public again.

Only the unvaccinated spread COVID?

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

30365

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#30 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 30365 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Litchie said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

So, in summary if you are unvaccinated, 55% of Democrats want to fine you, 59% want you confined to your home, 48% want you fined or imprisoned for questioning vaccine efficacy, 45% want you forced into designated facilities, 47% want you digitally tracked, and 29% want to take your children.

Wowsa. Curious, do any of these measures/suggestions appear reasonable to anyone here?

Yeah. Confine unvaccinated people to their home sounds good. That way they'll be forced to not give others covid. No one gets hurt, and those who are unvaccinated can go ahead and vaccinate whenever they please, if they want to start going out in public again.

Only the unvaccinated spread COVID?

No.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

48405

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 1

#31 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 48405 Posts

@Litchie said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Litchie said:

Yeah. Confine unvaccinated people to their home sounds good. That way they'll be forced to not give others covid. No one gets hurt, and those who are unvaccinated can go ahead and vaccinate whenever they please, if they want to start going out in public again.

Only the unvaccinated spread COVID?

No.

lol I'd hate for someone, vaccinated or not, to be forced to spread it against their will. We should consider confinement of everyone.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

30365

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#32 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 30365 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Litchie said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Litchie said:

Yeah. Confine unvaccinated people to their home sounds good. That way they'll be forced to not give others covid. No one gets hurt, and those who are unvaccinated can go ahead and vaccinate whenever they please, if they want to start going out in public again.

Only the unvaccinated spread COVID?

No.

lol I'd hate for someone, vaccinated or not, to be forced to spread it against their will. We should consider confinement of everyone.

Of everyone? Isn't that a bit drastic? Maybe if there was a zombie virus.

That vaccinated people are less likely to get and spread the virus is common sense. If we can prevent further spread by making people who refuse to take the vaccine stay at home, where they can't spread shit, I have a hard time seeing that as a bad thing to do.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

52939

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#33  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 52939 Posts

I don't think punitive measures are the way to go here.

Incentivize people. Offer tax breaks/refunds to individuals that get vaccinated.

Uneducated/low-income individuals and families tend to be the ones avoiding vaccines, so offer a tax break of like 10% for households that make under 100k for the year they get vaccinated. Write people a 100-dollar check if they get a vaccine in the next 30 days. I don't know, just spitballing.

Every single person I know that isn't vaccinated has struggled financially in the past year. Every. Single. One. Money is the answer here (when isn't it, though, amirite?!)

Confining people to their homes is just straight up insane, though. It's COVID, folks, not the plague. It's bad-flu, not a zombie outbreak.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Litchie said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Litchie said:

...

...

...

lol I'd hate for someone, vaccinated or not, to be forced to spread it against their will. We should consider confinement of everyone.

I agree, but only because COVID and the initial quarantine was great for my social anxiety!

😜😁

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

30365

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 30365 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Confining people to their homes is just straight up insane, though. It's COVID, folks, not the plague. It's bad-flu, not a zombie outbreak.

Wouldn't call it as insane as refusing to get a goddamn vaccine to help everyone on the planet.

Sure, it's not the plague. But if they'd decide to confine unvaccinated people to their homes, the result would be less spread, and more people who takes the vaccine. You don't have to be forced to be home. Just take the vaccine, and you're good. I fail to see the fucking problem.

You scared of needles? Knock yourself out before getting it. You think the government are secretly trying to do evil things with the vaccine, or that it will kill you? Educate yourself.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

52939

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 52939 Posts
@Litchie said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Confining people to their homes is just straight up insane, though. It's COVID, folks, not the plague. It's bad-flu, not a zombie outbreak.

Wouldn't call it as insane as refusing to get a goddamn vaccine to help everyone on the planet.

Sure, it's not the plague. But if they'd decide to confine unvaccinated people to their homes, the result would be less spread, and more people who takes the vaccine. You don't have to be forced to be home. Just take the vaccine, and you're good. I fail to see the fucking problem.

You scared of needles? Knock yourself out before getting it. You think the government are secretly trying to do evil things with the vaccine, or that it will kill you? Educate yourself.

I agree, and if I am being blunt I think the unvaccinated are a misguided lot (excluding a small group) to put it nicely, but I still feel it crosses a certain ethical line to force people to stay home.

I suppose the argument comes down to what's worse: forcing unvaccinated people to stay home, or not getting vaccinated. There are negatives to both, it just depends on your priority.

At the end of the day, however, vaccinated people can still spread the virus (albeit to a lesser extent), so I don't think it is fair to punish people so disproportionately for something the entire population is capable of (spreading the virus).

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

175716

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 175716 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

I agree, and if I am being blunt I think the unvaccinated are a misguided lot (excluding a small group) to put it nicely, but I still feel it crosses a certain ethical line to force people to stay home.

I suppose the argument comes down to what's worse: forcing unvaccinated people to stay home, or not getting vaccinated. There are negatives to both, it just depends on your priority.

At the end of the day, however, vaccinated people can still spread the virus (albeit to a lesser extent), so I don't think it is fair to punish people so disproportionately for something the entire population is capable of (spreading the virus).

I think it's fair to allow businesses to ask for proof of vaccination. You can't run your business if you allow employees or customers to get ill. Large crowds should require proof of vaccination. No one has a right to go wherever they want in this country and therefore no ones rights are trampled. They can spread disease where allowed. I'm sick of selfish, self righteous people thinking they have the right to spread disease.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

52939

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#37 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 52939 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: Exactly. In the end it is going to be up to the citizenry to end this. We have to keep pressuring our friends and relatives to get vaccinated, we have to deny unvaccinated people access to the businesses we own (and boycott those that don't), and so on.

I think it can be done with sheer force of will, but it won't be easy.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

175716

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 175716 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

@LJS9502_basic: Exactly. In the end it is going to be up to the citizenry to end this. We have to keep pressuring our friends and relatives to get vaccinated, we have to deny unvaccinated people access to the businesses we own (and boycott those that don't), and so on.

I think it can be done with sheer force of will, but it won't be easy.

Nothing worthwhile is easy.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

48405

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 1

#39 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 48405 Posts

@Litchie said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

lol I'd hate for someone, vaccinated or not, to be forced to spread it against their will. We should consider confinement of everyone.

Of everyone? Isn't that a bit drastic? Maybe if there was a zombie virus.

That vaccinated people are less likely to get and spread the virus is common sense. If we can prevent further spread by making people who refuse to take the vaccine stay at home, where they can't spread shit, I have a hard time seeing that as a bad thing to do.

Drastic? Never let an emergency go to waste! The latest strain effects even the vaccinated, so why are they allowed to spread it against their will while others don't get the ability? The two resolutions are 1) we just live with it and accept it's not going away, 2) everyone must be confined, monitored, and controlled. The end must justify the means! #ForTheGreatetGood!

@mrbojangles25 said:

I agree, but only because COVID and the initial quarantine was great for my social anxiety!

😜😁

Haha! Introverts slowly but surely gaining all the power!

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

3208

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 3208 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: I'll take option 1.)

And yes, even the triple vaxxed is catching and spreading omnicron.

Phizer hoping to have a 4th booster out in the coming months to fight omnicron... Lol

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

7250

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#41 Eoten  Online
Member since 2020 • 7250 Posts

@sargentd said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: I'll take option 1.)

And yes, even the triple vaxxed is catching and spreading omnicron.

Phizer hoping to have a 4th booster out in the coming months to fight omnicron... Lol

Ain't it amazing how much we have to point out that yes, those who have had the shot do in fact spread Covid. Some of the people who have died from Covid caught it from someone who was "vaccinated" as well. Not even the prophets they worship in the medical industry, nor the media deny this. Yet, they still refuse to believe people who got the shots have been spreading Covid.

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

3208

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#42 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 3208 Posts

@eoten: maybe if we say it over and over again it will eventually stick, Bart Simpson style.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
HoolaHoopMan

13907

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 13907 Posts

@sargentd said:

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

The fully vaccinated catch and spread covid.

People wearing seat belts still die in car accidents.

People wearing seat belts still die in car accidents.

People wearing seat belts still die in car accidents.

People wearing seat belts still die in car accidents.

People wearing seat belts still die in car accidents.

People wearing seat belts still die in car accidents.

People wearing seat belts still die in car accidents.

People wearing seat belts still die in car accidents.

Amazing, looks like we can all agree that seat belts do nothing to prevent car deaths.

Avatar image for SUD123456
SUD123456

6448

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6448 Posts

@sargentd: Dumb as bricks comment.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
HoolaHoopMan

13907

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 13907 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Must be a slow news day when polls are now convenient for some. *Yawn*

Holy salt. We've had a number of poll threads over the last few months. Why so upset now?

Salt? Oh no.

I just find it a bit humorous that you of all people started a thread with Rasmussen polls considering you frequently dismiss them in other threads.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

48405

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 1

#46 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 48405 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Holy salt. We've had a number of poll threads over the last few months. Why so upset now?

Salt? Oh no.

I just find it a bit humorous that you of all people started a thread with Rasmussen polls considering you frequently dismiss them in other threads.

lol! You took the time to enter the thread and only complain about the who, not the what. Do you have an example of dismissing any polling? Why does that live rent free in your mind?

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

41452

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#47 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 41452 Posts

No need to be that cruel, just go door to door and poke the unpoked I'd be okay with that.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
HoolaHoopMan

13907

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#48 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 13907 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Salt? Oh no.

I just find it a bit humorous that you of all people started a thread with Rasmussen polls considering you frequently dismiss them in other threads.

lol! You took the time to enter the thread and only complain about the who, not the what. Do you have an example of dismissing any polling? Why does that live rent free in your mind?

'Rent free', one of the two preformatted templates of every thread you enter.

But anyhoo, I do not support forcibly taxing people or confining them to their home FWIT. Let's just make sure that next time there's a poll indicating that a majority of Republicans support the 'Big Lie', we don't dismiss it right away, deal?

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

7757

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#49  Edited By GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 7757 Posts

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

11611

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#50 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 11611 Posts

if it was me, I'd give any anti vaxxer 2 choices: Waive your rights to all hospitalization if you get sick from covid. Or pay a tax for your unvaccinated status that covers the hospitalization. If you get sick from covid and unvaccinated and not paying any tax, no hospital for you. The cancer patient, the gunshot victim needs it more.