Da da dun dun dun.....

#1 Edited by MirkoS77 (14464 posts) -

Wheeeee! I always love me the opportunity to use Queen's greatest hits.

Why doesn't Trump just record his own voice, plaster someone else's face over a speaker, and play himself through it? I thought the president was supposed to surround himself with people around him that would offer dissenting opinions. Seems that any disagreements entail eventual firings.

What the hell is the point of this moron appointing anyone to his cabinet when he fires them when they demonstrate such insolence to his holiness in disagreement? What a train wreck. Have we ever had a president that's operated on such chaos before?

#2 Posted by Serraph105 (34045 posts) -

So.......John Bolton, Trump's national security advisor, has been fired then. Cool. The cycle continues.

#3 Posted by LeicaM6 (72 posts) -

Too much of a warmonger even for this administration. Amazing

#4 Posted by watercrack445 (1832 posts) -

He's fired or resigned himself.

That is the 47th to get fired, resigned or forced out.

I believe it will cross the 50 mark by the end of his term. Who will be next?

#5 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44379 posts) -

Other than family members, is there anyone who was part of the original cabinet?

Oi. Can't wait to hear what these people have to say after Trump's tenure, when they can speak and write about it.

#6 Posted by jeezers (3281 posts) -

@leicam6: yeah no one should like Bolton, another warmonger like Mcain, my least favorite person in trumps cabinet next to sessions, and he already ditched sessions, I'm cool with this.

#7 Posted by Nuck81 (7750 posts) -

Let's not miss perspective that he was fired for not being "pro taliban"

#8 Posted by Nuck81 (7750 posts) -

#9 Posted by judaspete (3131 posts) -

Good. Trump was nuts to let Bolton in the administration in the first place. Glad he finally had the sense to get rid of the guy.

I suspect with Bolton gone, we are going to see progress with North Korea in the near future. Very little doubt in my mind Bolton was intentionally trying to sabotage those talks.

#10 Posted by LJS9502_basic (167117 posts) -

Hmmm.....did his disagreement over trump's invitation to the Taliban to come to Camp David for 9-11 cause the firing?

#11 Posted by MirkoS77 (14464 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: yeah I’m looking forward to all the books coming out post Trump that will tear him a new asshole. I hear he’s pretty much universally hated by everyone around him.

#12 Posted by LJS9502_basic (167117 posts) -

@judaspete said:

Good. Trump was nuts to let Bolton in the administration in the first place. Glad he finally had the sense to get rid of the guy.

I suspect with Bolton gone, we are going to see progress with North Korea in the near future. Very little doubt in my mind Bolton was intentionally trying to sabotage those talks.

Sure if you like letting NK do whatever they want...……...

#13 Posted by DaVillain- (38062 posts) -

Never should have hired him in the first place! Why did you hire John Bolton in first place before he could do real damage? Saw that shit from a miles away this will happened.

@Nuck81 said:

Well let's be real here. To bring the people who attacked us, over here on the week of 9/11 of all weeks. (which I still don't think is a coincidence) Not the brightest of ideas.

#14 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10951 posts) -

I mean, good for Trump on getting rid of this guy. Bolton is a war monger and moron. But shame on Trump for even bringing him on board. I thought he only hired the best people, remember?

#15 Edited by judaspete (3131 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: I want them to make a deal with North Korea. Yeah, they will have to make some concessions to guarentee that it doesn't get tossed out on a whim like the Iran deal, but I do believe it would be a step in the right direction. Even with this administration at the helm.

Republicans would have to respect it, because Trump, and Democrats aren't stupid enough to play politics with foreign policy like this.

#16 Posted by warmblur (2996 posts) -

Good riddance.

#17 Posted by joebones5000 (2729 posts) -

This administration is a complete dumpster fire with no direction, run by a bunch of con artists, and fools.

#18 Posted by rmpumper (682 posts) -

I see this as a good thing for once, after all the guy had a hard on for attacking Iran for decades now.

#19 Posted by VFighter (5239 posts) -

@joebones5000: Are you talking about the left, cause that sounds like the left to me?

#20 Posted by Gaming-Planet (20033 posts) -

D-Donald. Th-the Nukes. Pr-press them DONALD!

HAPPY THIS FOOL IS GONE

#21 Posted by tenaka2 (17226 posts) -

Good news, guy was a nutter.

#22 Posted by LJS9502_basic (167117 posts) -

@judaspete said:

@LJS9502_basic: I want them to make a deal with North Korea. Yeah, they will have to make some concessions to guarentee that it doesn't get tossed out on a whim like the Iran deal, but I do believe it would be a step in the right direction. Even with this administration at the helm.

Republicans would have to respect it, because Trump, and Democrats aren't stupid enough to play politics with foreign policy like this.

That's a naïve ideology. NK isn't going to make deals. They will do what they want to do.....and they play trump.

#23 Edited by Zaryia (9654 posts) -

@vfighter said:

@joebones5000: Are you talking about the left, cause that sounds like the left to me?

No, it sounds like this Administration. Even when going by facts, no other has had this much turn over in history. Correct me if I'm wrong.

#24 Posted by Horgen (121131 posts) -

Maybe Trump can learn from mistakes?

#25 Edited by Jacanuk (18874 posts) -

Hmm, not sure why but ok

Trump really need to relax and learn to listen to more intelligent people then he is and don't think he can run the whole thing alone.

#26 Posted by LJS9502_basic (167117 posts) -

@horgen said:

He hasn't yet.........

#27 Posted by Horgen (121131 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

He hasn't yet.........

I am doubtful, but one can always remain hopeful.

#28 Posted by SUD123456 (5351 posts) -

I am not sure which is worse:

Keeping a warmonger, who is principled

Or firing a warmonger because he actually has principles and doesn't bend to your daily whims.

I think the latter might actually be worse, because as the leader you have the final call and with Bolton you would at least get a reasoned and consistent logic which you could choose to agree with or ignore. Now Trump will replace him with another toady; which just means there is nothing but an echo chamber and whatever insane whim the nutjob in charge dreams up and texts that morning will be foreign policy. That might actually be much worse.

But it's a tough choice so I get the idea of ditching a warmonger could be good.

I just fear the replacement will be Donald in the mirror: yes Donald, your idea is amazing. Let's tweet it right away.

#29 Posted by DaVillain- (38062 posts) -

@horgen said:

That's like "Preaching to the choir."

#30 Posted by comp_atkins (35861 posts) -

soooo which fox contributor is next in line for the job?

#31 Edited by MirkoS77 (14464 posts) -

@SUD123456 said:

I am not sure which is worse:

Keeping a warmonger, who is principled

Or firing a warmonger because he actually has principles and doesn't bend to your daily whims.

I think the latter might actually be worse, because as the leader you have the final call and with Bolton you would at least get a reasoned and consistent logic which you could choose to agree with or ignore. Now Trump will replace him with another toady; which just means there is nothing but an echo chamber and whatever insane whim the nutjob in charge dreams up and texts that morning will be foreign policy. That might actually be much worse.

But it's a tough choice so I get the idea of ditching a warmonger could be good.

I just fear the replacement will be Donald in the mirror: yes Donald, your idea is amazing. Let's tweet it right away.

Agree. As much as I dislike Bolton and think his removal was probably for the best, I can't help but wonder which is worse. A man with no principles, balls, and an apparent lack of good judgement and endless need for sycophancy and adoration, as opposed to one who holds disgusting principles but at least has the integrity and balls to stand by them.

In terms of leadership qualities, I think I much prefer the latter.