Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Billionaire all over the popular media sphere, sliding political beliefs to what is convenient, big following off his entrepreneurial offerings.

That being said I know elon is not American and can not be president, but I am talking about internationally. Is he becoming the next billionaire to really reach globalist power levels.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I dunno.

Elon Musk, is massively innovative, and helps push mankind forward. Trump always came across as an unintelligent buffoon, who while he is a cunning businessman and con artist. He doesnt really push mankind forward.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Two awkward humans, but that about what they have in common.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Maroxad said:

I dunno.

Elon Musk, is massively innovative, and helps push mankind forward. Trump always came across as an unintelligent buffoon, who while he is a cunning businessman and con artist. He doesnt really push mankind forward.

LOL not so much. He's good at self promotion for those who believe everything they hear...........

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Maroxad

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:

I dunno.

LOL not so much. He's good at self promotion for those who believe everything they hear...........

Isnt that what he is essentially selling though? Himself? He managed to sell a sub-mediocre brand and sell it as some kind of high class brand. That does take some talent.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Maroxad said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:

I dunno.

Isnt that what he is essentially selling though? Himself? He managed to sell a sub-mediocre brand and sell it as some kind of high class brand. That does take some talent.

That's marketing though.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I think that Elon has been spending pretty much all of his social capital recently. When he was guest starring as Tony Stark's bro-crush maybe he could have pulled it off, but now that he's getting high on Joe Rogan's podcast I think it's pretty much not a possibility. He's descended into the darker corners of public consciousness.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

Billionaire all over the popular media sphere, sliding political beliefs to what is convenient, big following off his entrepreneurial offerings.

That being said I know elon is not American and can not be president, but I am talking about internationally. Is he becoming the next billionaire to really reach globalist power levels.

Don´t know what you have been drinking but so far Musk has done nothing but rides the hype train. Not to mention his insane accusations against a man who actually did something about those kids in the cave, and not just use it as an event to boost his own ego.

Tesla is like Oculus Rift, it´s a good idea but fail to execute it in time, and now Audi, Honda and a ton of other car manufacturers are coming out with cheaper and better hybrid and electric cars.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@theone86 said:

I think that Elon has been spending pretty much all of his social capital recently. When he was guest starring as Tony Stark's bro-crush maybe he could have pulled it off, but now that he's getting high on Joe Rogan's podcast I think it's pretty much not a possibility. He's descended into the darker corners of public consciousness.

So your problem is him smoking weed a legal substance in California?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

Bombastic assholes with delusions of grandeur are a dime a dozen. I think Musk has been burning a lot of bridges of late, and I doubt he has (had) even half the political, business, and other connections that Trump has.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@Maroxad: "Isnt that what he is essentially selling though? Himself? He managed to sell a sub-mediocre brand and sell it as some kind of high class brand. That does take some talent."

In investor circles, Elon is dangerously close to garnering the same reputation. There's talk that he's "a fraud" who never actually delivers, and that he's successfully sold an unprofitable firm based on a story which is now wearing thin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
Member since 2018 • 210 Posts

Musk at least has positive attributes. Trump is a science experiment where they tried to fit all the worst human traits into one body.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Don´t know what you have been drinking but so far Musk has done nothing but rides the hype train. Not to mention his insane accusations against a man who actually did something about those kids in the cave, and not just use it as an event to boost his own ego.

Tesla is like Oculus Rift, it´s a good idea but fail to execute it in time, and now Audi, Honda and a ton of other car manufacturers are coming out with cheaper and better hybrid and electric cars.

Which would never have happened if it weren't for Tesla I bet.

For regular automobile manufactures there is a lot less money involved in electric cars. Sure they share a lot of the same parts, but the engine in an electric car is so much simpler and less costly to fix.

Musk needs to deliver on the Model 3 and that pronto.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jacanuk

@horgen said:

Which would never have happened if it weren't for Tesla I bet.

For regular automobile manufactures there is a lot less money involved in electric cars. Sure they share a lot of the same parts, but the engine in an electric car is so much simpler and less costly to fix.

Musk needs to deliver on the Model 3 and that pronto.

Even tho I am not a fan of Musk, I do agree that some of the progress may be because of Tesla got some of the established car companies to shake in their boots a bit.

But with that said, Telsa is a brand like B&O which is for the few and who don´t mind spending 30.000+ on a basic car and even more on a kitted Tesla. A car that is a brand, not anything revolutionary.

And that is Musks biggest problem, he has decent ideas but he can´t keep focus long enough to get them to actually become more than "castles in the sky"

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

Even tho I am not a fan of Musk, I do agree that some of the progress may be because of Tesla got some of the established car companies to shake in their boots a bit.

But with that said, Telsa is a brand like B&O which is for the few and who don´t mind spending 30.000+ on a basic car and even more on a kitted Tesla. A car that is a brand, not anything revolutionary.

And that is Musks biggest problem, he has decent ideas but he can´t keep focus long enough to get them to actually become more than "castles in the sky"

We will see. I hope Tesla deliver on Model 3 and survive as a company.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Maroxad

@mattbbpl said:

@Maroxad: "Isnt that what he is essentially selling though? Himself? He managed to sell a sub-mediocre brand and sell it as some kind of high class brand. That does take some talent."

In investor circles, Elon is dangerously close to garnering the same reputation. There's talk that he's "a fraud" who never actually delivers, and that he's successfully sold an unprofitable firm based on a story which is now wearing thin.

Some of his stuff are definately fraudulent, like the whole Hyperloop nonsense.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

We will see. I hope Tesla deliver on Model 3 and survive as a company.

Yup, I'm looking more to the Honda Brint/hybrid and the Audi E-tron though

Also, you don´t have to worry about Musk in a fit suddenly programs all the teslas to drive backwards and dance. :)

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Could? Sure. Likely? No.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

Also, you don´t have to worry about Musk in a fit suddenly programs all the teslas to drive backwards and dance. :)

The Audi E-tron looks interesting... But come on. Beaten by Jaguar I-Pace by a year or so. BMW IX3 looks interesting, as well their rumoured I4 or I5.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

The Audi E-tron looks interesting... But come on. Beaten by Jaguar I-Pace by a year or so. BMW IX3 looks interesting, as well their rumoured I4 or I5.

Ya, that Jaguar looks really interesting and the BMW is looking good

But yea there are a lot of good e-cars coming out

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Elon Musk is a generational prodigy. People talking about him like he didn't do anything are beyond their limits of rational thought.

My god this part of the forums makes you dumb.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@n64dd said:

Elon Musk is a generational prodigy. People talking about him like he didn't do anything are beyond their limits of rational thought.

My god this part of the forums makes you dumb.

So what makes Musk a "generational prodigy"? and remember we are talking about a class reserved for people like Jobs, Bezos, The other guys behind Facebook, the guys behind google etc....

So what did he do? what has he created that will be put down in the history books and 10 generations from now, people will talk about.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 N64DD

@Jacanuk: Space program, pushing electric cars to being more of a reality, solar roof?

The space program alone is commandable.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:

No, my problem is:

a) Him smoking weed on Joe Rogan's podcast. Edgy much?

b) That he harshly disciplines his employees for drug use, yet feels completely free to go on a public forum and use drugs openly.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#25 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

Oh hell yes we need Elon Musk to become the next God Emperor so he can build a tesla wall of spikes to keep the Mexicans out but not the tacos yum yum godbless

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@THE_DRUGGIE:

How did you kept your post count 25,000+ with that name?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:

No, my problem is:

a) Him smoking weed on Joe Rogan's podcast. Edgy much?

b) That he harshly disciplines his employees for drug use, yet feels completely free to go on a public forum and use drugs openly.

Maybe he changed his mind.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

A man who makes a car with this dashboard should be reprimanded severely.

Also try getting it fixed by the only people who can fix them (Tesla) for the numerous problems that occur weekly.

Not a genius. He is a silicon valley failure in the only place in the world where they celebrate failure.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/aug/21/the-undertakers-of-silicon-valley-how-failure-became-big-business

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 N64DD

@jackamomo said:

A man who makes a car with this dashboard should be reprimanded severely.

Also try getting it fixed by the only people who can fix them (Tesla) for the numerous problems that occur weekly.

Not a genius. He is a silicon valley failure in the only place in the world where they celebrate failure.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/aug/21/the-undertakers-of-silicon-valley-how-failure-became-big-business

That's sweet!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic  Online

@n64dd: Kind of bland........meh.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:

I dunno.

And government funding.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@JimB: you mean GM, Ford and Chrysler? As far as I know, Tesla has gotten far less government funding than any of those other companies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d

No, no way Elon Musk is modern day trump. He came from Canada just like Justin Beiber, Drake and other Canadians. Really a lot of famous Canadian rejects imported to America.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jacanuk

@watercrack445 said:

No, no way Elon Musk is modern day trump. He came from Canada just like Justin Beiber, Drake and other Canadians. Really a lot of famous Canadian imports to America.

Can we send Bieber back? and also mentioning him in the same sentence as Musk is an insult to musk and every normal human being on the planet. (except of course the teen girls who made him famous)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d

@Jacanuk said:Can we send Bieber back? and also mentioning him in the same sentence as Musk is an insult to musk and every normal human being on the plant. (except of course the teen girls who made him famous)

LMAO

Edit: Ah, man. You edited it. Now it's not funny anymore...

rmayers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rmayers
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

@Jacanuk: ahaha, I laugh at the moment he asked is it legal)) Seems he cares about that, aahah. By the way, I was a little bit surprised when I discovered we can buy a herb vaporizer and control the temperature of it. And also I read in this article https://vapingdaily.com/blog/dry-herb-vaporizers-facts-matter/ that it will not burn the material it will cook it correctly. Is it true and they really can do this?

It sounds a little bit strange for me. Think my wife will have some questions))

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@JimB: you mean GM, Ford and Chrysler? As far as I know, Tesla has gotten far less government funding than any of those other companies.

The only reason Tesla is a car company is because of a government handout. By the way only GM and Chrysler got bail outs Ford did not as Ford did not need a bail out.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jacanuk

@watercrack445 said:

@Jacanuk said:Can we send Bieber back? and also mentioning him in the same sentence as Musk is an insult to musk and every normal human being on the plant. (except of course the teen girls who made him famous)

LMAO

Edit: Ah, man. You edited it. Now it's not funny anymore...

lol ya typo but hey :) at least you got a laugh.

And fun to see a bot caught the "plant" and decided to post a random link.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@JimB said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

The only reason Tesla is a car company is because of a government handout. By the way only GM and Chrysler got bail outs Ford did not as Ford did not need a bail out.

I dont think that correction on your part really changes the basic point of his observation.

its cute though

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

This experiment isn't going to happen twice, trust me. After these four years, people are going to be reluctant for a long while to vote for a celebrity/business leader.