Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Stay classy, Republicans.

Lewandowski won't apologize for 'womp womp' reaction to story of girl separated from mother

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/lewandowski-wont-apologize-womp-womp-reaction-story-girl-separated-mother-154621302.html

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 taylor12702003
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

He said that to mock the other guy that was being interviewed. You are taking it out of context.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

What does womp womp mean?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Nothing people say surprises me anymore... no matter how awful it is. Welcome to 2018.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@taylor12702003 said:

He said that to mock the other guy that was being interviewed. You are taking it out of context.

I'm not sure how this is better, making fun of someone pleading for the case of children being locked up and separated from their parents?

Sociopaths are getting easier to spot.

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 taylor12702003

@HoolaHoopMan: both are wrong

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 taylor12702003

@sonicare: Not sure, but it made him look and sound less intelligent.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@taylor12702003 said:

@HoolaHoopMan: both are wrong

So....both contexts make Lewandowski wrong? Great, now let's work off of the tone deaf language defending what's going on.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@zaryia: triggered again?

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

@taylor12702003: are you high?

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 taylor12702003

@HoolaHoopMan: I agree.

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 taylor12702003

@dreman999: why that question?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

How dare you! How dareee you!! ... I have two uncle's with down syndrome and we don't use them as tools for our political agenda. They are people just like anyone else. Not sure what womp, womp means but wow, it must be something really bad, seeing how triggered that guy was!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zaryia
@blackhairedhero said:

@zaryia: triggered again?

Again? huh? link? Were was I triggered?

Can you stop with the random shit post troll spam that in no way confronts or discusses the thread content?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23031 Posts
@sonicare said:

Perhaps it's regional? Around here it's used as a flippant response to something negative and to try to wrap it in a type of euphemism. It's meant to sound like a shortened version the stereotypical "loser" sound on old game shows.

Loading Video...

Edit: Around here, if I'd said what he said to the father of such a child, I'd have been socked in the face (and I'd have replied, "OK, yeah, I deserved that.")

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

After having heard him speak on numerous occasions I feel confident saying he's a POS.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: Your triggered now lol!

Buh buh look at the trump supporter...

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zaryia
@blackhairedhero said:

@zaryia: Your triggered now lol!

Please stop spamming my thread by shit posting memes.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts
@sonicare said:

in this context it's basically a "oh boo hoo for that child, maybe they shouldn't have been born with a genetic disorder and to a parent that didn't try to come here illegally"

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: Your thread is a shitpost.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

He's a pretty obnoxious dude.

Moderator is doing an abysmal job keeping them in control.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58296 Posts

What a son-of-a-bitch.

@sonicare said:

It's the phonetic word-form of the fake, goofy, sad sound. *I guess it's called an onomatopoeia?

Here's a clip, often a trombone is used.

When you say "womp womp" to someone, you're mocking them.

Here it is putting it to good use in an SNL skit, Debbie Downer

@mattbbpl: hah, you beat me to it. Same clip of the trombone

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@sonicare said:

The guy made a comment as to the far-left activist , not the story itself.

And it was in regards to that he almost seemed to cry,

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Either way it's a bit immature. It would have been better to let the other guy talk about that story instead of making sounds, and then say why what he said was wrong or whatever.

The response of the other guy was weird as well. He basically did a wtf and then went on a rant. It would have been better to have the other person respond to his remark or even ask what on Earth he meant with the womp womp without immediately making the worst assumptions. If you ask what he meant and he has to confirm or deny your worst assumptions then that is much clearer to the audience where everybody stands.

This was like children fighting on a playground and not grown ups talking about something of importance.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Alot of the right wingers and their representatives have crossed a line a while ago. They are living a toxic way and the only ones they are hurting is themselves. It's pitiful actually.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: You could replace right wingers with liberals and your post would still be correct. It blows my mind that people on either side think only the other side is toxic.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts
@vfighter said:

@blaznwiipspman1: You could replace right wingers with liberals and your post would still be correct. It blows my mind that people on either side think only the other side is toxic.

so you are arguing only that both sides are bad.

how about this idea, fight for making things better.

have you ever noticed how people on the Right never suggest that their position is better? only that 'liberals are 'just as bad''

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

OP was taken out of context. Still a dumb thing to do.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23031 Posts

@n64dd: what's the context?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 N64DD

@mattbbpl said:

I agree with another poster.

"He said that to mock the other guy that was being interviewed. You are taking it out of context."

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts
@KungfuKitten said:

Either way it's a bit immature. It would have been better to let the other guy talk about that story instead of making sounds, and then say why what he said was wrong or whatever.

The response of the other guy was weird as well. He basically did a wtf and then went on a rant. It would have been better to have the other person respond to his remark or even ask what on Earth he meant with the womp womp without immediately making the worst assumptions. If you ask what he meant and he has to confirm or deny your worst assumptions then that is much clearer to the audience where everybody stands.

This was like children fighting on a playground and not grown ups talking about something of importance.

welcome to cable news.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:

"He said that to mock the other guy that was being interviewed. You are taking it out of context."

Why on earth would you like to mock somebody else on TV with something stupid like that?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@vfighter said:

No in this election cycle the right wing has obviously lost it's mind. Due to the cult that has grown around trump for some unfathomable reason they defend everything he does whether it is against the ideal of the founding of this country or against human rights/good taste.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 N64DD

@horgen said:
@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Why on earth would you like to mock somebody else on TV with something stupid like that?

Media/Hollywood sucks.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:
@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Because they cannot defend the indefensible.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jacanuk

@KungfuKitten said:

Yes, it was a bit immature, but so was the far-left activists use of the girl to somehow justify his position, when the argument was border security and what else they could do.

It was like watching Maddox and that CNN anchor who got so upset that he almost cried on air.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Yes, it was a bit immature, but so was the far-left activists use of the girl to somehow justify his position, when the argument was border security and what else they could do.

It was like watching Maddox and that CNN anchor who got so upset that he almost cried on air.

Because you cannot handle the reality of what's going on? If the truth disturbs then it's time to readjust your opinions.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JoshRMeyer

FYI, people with born disabilities don't want to be used as tools for a political agenda, and more importantly, they want to be treated like anyone else. Kinda irritates me when people try to play with emotions to make their point. It's a sad story and the wonp, womp wasn't necessary but geez, why so much anger? The guy lost his cool over something pretty dumb. I'm not sure which one was more immature. I'm guessing these interviews are scripted for added drama. If not, that dude needs to wake up, because bullies are everywhere and you gotta learn to keep your cool. Hillary did a good job on the presidential debate in that regard for the most part lol... Dems can learn something from her!

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TryIt
@Jacanuk said:
@KungfuKitten said:

oh wow! I should watch that, do you have a link to the full? (I think you are refering to MSNBC)

tell me one position of the 'far left' that you disagree with

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

FYI, people with born disabilities don't want to be used as tools for a political agenda, and more importantly, they want to be treated like anyone else. Kinda irritates me when people try to play with emotions to make their point. It's a sad story and the wonp, womp wasn't necessary but geez, why so much anger? The guy lost his cool over something pretty dumb. I'm not sure which one was more immature. I'm guessing these interviews are scripted for added drama. If not, that dude needs to wake up, because bullies are everywhere and you gotta learn to keep your cool. Hillary did a good job on the presidential debate in that regard for the most part lol... Dems can learn something from her!

See this is just whitewashing what's been going on. It's unconscionable that you try to hide the facts because they make you uncomfortable. I believe the American people SHOULD be given all the facts and if those facts bother them they need to do some soul searching on what they believe. How can any sane human defend separating children from their parents whether they are disabled or not due to the zero tolerance program. Put families together and adjudicate them as quickly as possible. If you cannot do that then you should not be detaining them. FYI illegal entry is a misdemeanor if it's a first time offense. We generally do NOT incarcerate misdemeanors.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@KungfuKitten said:

It was like watching Maddow and that CNN anchor who got so upset that he almost cried on air.

oh wow! I should watch that, do you have a link to the full? (I think you are refering to MSNBC)

Just one?

Well, for one I do not agree with the fact that suddenly strong borders and criminals are ok to be let into the country, and that the answer to get into the US is simply come here illegally and be from Mexico or South America.

Everyone else can go F themselves and stand in line and wait decades because they enter the us legally.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TryIt
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@KungfuKitten said:

It was like watching Maddow and that CNN anchor who got so upset that he almost cried on air.

Just one?

Well, for one I do not agree with the fact that suddenly strong borders and criminals are ok to be let into the country, and that the answer to get into the US is simply come here illegally and be from Mexico or South America.

Everyone else can go F themselves and stand in line and wait decades because they enter the us legally.

without trolling

you know, I know, you know I know that a lefts position is not 'and criminals are ok to be let into the country'

without trolling, tell me what position, from their view point, you disagree with.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic
@tryit said:

without trolling

you know, I know, you know I know that a lefts position is not 'and criminals are ok to be let into the country'

without trolling, tell me what position, from their view point, you disagree with.

I doubt he does know. He gets all his information from propaganda sites.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TryIt
@LJS9502_basic said:
@tryit said:

without trolling

thing is, 9 times out of 10 they only disagree with HOW a 'far left' person expresses their opinion, not the opinion being expressed

so they are just against free speech is all

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@tryit said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@tryit said:

without trolling

thing is, 9 times out of 10 they only disagree with HOW a 'far left' person expresses their opinion, not the opinion being expressed

so they are just against free speech is all

In reality they tend to call anyone not super conservative far left. The word has no meaning anymore. In many of these issues people off all spectrum's disagree with a policy but they wrap themselves in far left or liberal name calling and cannot understand nor address that there is more than two ideologies in play here. Hence why I say they get their information from far far right conservative propaganda sites. There is no gray area with them.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Just one?

without trolling

So you have not followed the debate lately? pretty much all Democrats are saying that we should allow them entry.

And again without "trolling" I do not agree with Democrats on immigration or the ACA or most of their social and economic views.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

without trolling

So you have not followed the debate lately? pretty much all Democrats are saying that we should allow them entry.

And again without "trolling" I do not agree with Democrats on immigration or the ACA or most of their social and economic views.

That's false.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JoshRMeyer

@LJS9502_basic: I agree with that. My point was how erratic that guy got over "womp, womp". He specifically tried to use one child's disability to make his point, playing on emotion. Lot of people in the media do it lately. Thats all my point was. I'd hate for my daughter to be separated from me. Almost unimaginable. Then again, I imagine these people knew that might be a possibility if they brought the child over the border illegally. Still feel bad for them but hopefully this opens up some eyes to others thinking about crossing illegally.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

@LJS9502_basic: I agree with that. My point was how erratic that guy got over "womp, womp". He specifically tried to use one child's disability to make his point, playing on emotion. Lot of people in the media do it lately. Thats all my point was. I'd hate for my daughter to be separated from me. Almost unimaginable. Then again, I imagine these people knew that might be a possibility if they brought the child over the border illegally. Still feel bad for them but hopefully this opens up some eyes to others thinking about crossing illegally.

But it's important that people know that. Why should we hide what's happening? I doubt they thought about that. Many are leaving far worse areas and hoping to have a better life. When your family is threatened you take those chances. Also doesn't mean we as a nation should lower ourselves to that behavior.