blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Anyone following this? I haven't been, but I heard the focus of this year's conference is to get wealthy nations to pay for their pollution.

I personally don't mind doing this, I feel it's important to help other countries adapt and transition. We all share the same world, and we all need to take responsibility to clean shit up. Elon Musk keeps talking bs about Mars, but he's a con man and a dumb ass. Let's just say, Earth is all we got.

On the other hand, let me play devils advocate. We are just doing what anyone would do in our shoes. These poor countries would pollute the exact same way, no questions asked. Blaming us for doing what's natural is dumb. Second thing is that the US and the west in general has been a hub for massive immigration from all over the world. Those immigrants sure do pollute, and the funny thing is, they make money off that pollution and send it back to their home countries. This is in the hundreds of billions of dollars every year, not even counting foreign aid. So these poorer countries saying we're screwing them is frankly only half the story.

What do you think? Let's discuss.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Ahh COP27. The place where representatives across the globe fly to a designated to say some nice flowery language together, then fly back and nothing ever changes... save for the new emissions their private jets added to the mix.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

Not following. The earth is fucked and humans refuse to do anything about it. It's pointless to even try anymore.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@tjandmia said:

Not following. The earth is fucked and humans refuse to do anything about it. It's pointless to even try anymore.

thats dumb...even if the earth is "fucked", im interested in seeing how far these guys are willing to let it go before they change course. Sit back, open a bag of popcorn and enjoy.

The rich elites have probably figured out by now, theres no other place to run off to if the earth is fucked. Lets see how far they're willing to go.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@tjandmia: Oh the earth will be fine. It's the people on it who are fucked!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

COP. What a joke.

Highlighted by the fact it is in Egypt.

@appariti0n said:

All the more reason to get our shit in order. Humans are a unique and amazing thing in the known universe, we should last as long as we can. I don't think extinction is necessarily inevitable and, even if it is, not something to hasten.

This excuse the right uses of "oh the earth will be fine..." with the unspoken "...so let's exploit the shit out of it at all cost" attitude is concerning, to say the least. Our inability to plan for 100 years in the future will be the death of us all.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

@appariti0n said:

lol. Reminds me of a George Carlin skit.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By appariti0n

@tjandmia: Save the trees! Save the bees. Save the whales! Save the snails. ;)

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 appariti0n

@mrbojangles25: I was quoting a George Carlin skit lol.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4223 Posts

It appears there’s a shortage of will to tackle climate change as I see it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts
@appariti0n said:

@mrbojangles25: I was quoting a George Carlin skit lol.

lol woops, I know now exactly which one you were referencing haha.

Egg on my face 😋🤣

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

Looks like 1.5C target is officially dead. The politicians and companies seem to be in denial about it though, just like a fatso who keeps hiding his twinkies and saying weight loss is still possible, meanwhile shoving his face with it when no one's looking.

This whole thing about fossil fuel consumption is sort of like calorie intake. They promised to cut the calories by 40% but instead were projected to actually go up by 10% in the next 10 years. It's like a fatso in real denial, someone who can't just help but keep on eating and makes all sorts of excuses, promises to drink diet coke instead. Hopefully we don't get to the point of having to do a fasting diet, or a starvation diet. Even if thats going to be the healthiest long term, it's going to do alot of damage to some countries out there.

So now 1.5C is dead, when will the politicians acknowledge it, so we can move toward 2C instead??

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/nov/12/climate-target-cop27-breakdown-fossil-fuel