Conservatives get Triggered over Game of Thrones' creators' next show.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

‘Game of Thrones’ Creators’ Next Project Explores Alternate America Where Slavery Never Ended

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/07/19/game-thrones-showrunners-set-next-project-america-slavery-never-ended/

The drama chronicles the events leading to the Third American Civil War. The series takes place in an alternate timeline, where the Southern states have successfully seceded from the Union, giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution. The story follows a broad swath of characters on both sides of the Mason-Dixon Demilitarized Zone — freedom fighters, slave hunters, politicians, abolitionists, journalists, the executives of a slave-holding conglomerate and the families of people in their thrall.

lol the comments section. Flood of tears.

I also think some liberals got mad too, but mostly conservatives.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

This show is going to be a disaster. I have 0 faith in the GoT dudes to handle this topic with the subtlety it deserves.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@zaryia said:

‘Game of Thrones’ Creators’ Next Project Explores Alternate America Where Slavery Never Ended

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/07/19/game-thrones-showrunners-set-next-project-america-slavery-never-ended/

The drama chronicles the events leading to the Third American Civil War. The series takes place in an alternate timeline, where the Southern states have successfully seceded from the Union, giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution. The story follows a broad swath of characters on both sides of the Mason-Dixon Demilitarized Zone — freedom fighters, slave hunters, politicians, abolitionists, journalists, the executives of a slave-holding conglomerate and the families of people in their thrall.

lol the comments section. Flood of tears.

I also think some black liberals got mad too, but mostly conservatives.

Hmm, seems interesting , hopefully he won't just remake GoT.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/19/media/confederate-hbo/index.html

And poor left getting triggered by a show.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23893 Posts

Those that complain the most about PC outrage are in general the most likely to view the world based on their special snowflake feelings and get triggered by everything. Funny how that works... for pretty much anything.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Trigger me timbers.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@perfect_blue: But if it's good, it could be really intriguing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@mattbbpl: Yeah the concept sounds dope just... the crew behind gives me no confidence but we'll see. A Django Unchained TV show kind of thing would be awesome.

Avatar image for RedEyedMonster8
RedEyedMonster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RedEyedMonster8
Member since 2007 • 1348 Posts

@perfect_blue said:

This show is going to be a disaster. I have 0 faith in the GoT dudes to handle this topic with the subtlety it deserves.

You know I never thought about that scene in that way, but it's pretty much just a fantasy show, I don't really think that scene speaks for anything but I guess we'll see.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#9 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

To be fair, people on both sides of the political spectrum have issues with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@RedEyedMonster8 said:
@perfect_blue said:

You know I never thought about that scene in that way, but it's pretty much just a fantasy show, I don't really think that scene speaks for anything but I guess we'll see.

Sure it's a fantasy show but it's a show made by human beings with their own political and social views, whether conscious or subconscious. That scene was pretty blatant example of the "white saviour here to liberate the dirty brown-skinned foreigners" trope.

I like Game of Thrones but the show is as subtle as a truck driving through Times Square lol.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@zaryia: It's just "what IF" story i.e. Slave states won the war with Southern Democrat party running it.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zaryia

@ronvalencia said:

@zaryia: It's just "what IF" story i.e. Slave states won the war with Southern Democrat party running it.

Which became the Republican party of today.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/yes-democrats-supported-slavery-but-that-misses-the-point/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States_Republican_Party

But you knew that.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#13  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts
@perfect_blue said:
@RedEyedMonster8 said:
@perfect_blue said:

Sure it's a fantasy show but it's a show made by human beings with their own political and social views, whether conscious or subconscious. That scene was pretty blatant example of the "white saviour here to liberate the dirty brown-skinned foreigners" trope.

I like Game of Thrones but the show is as subtle as a truck driving through Times Square lol.

It's been a long time since I've seen GOT, but I've heard the show later deconstructed the "white saviour" trope by making her into a despot?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#14  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Absolutely impossible! We all know there's no such thing as snowflakes on the right.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/yes-democrats-supported-slavery-but-that-misses-the-point/

But you knew that.

Where's the black slavery?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zaryia

@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:

But you knew that.

Where's the black slavery?

huh?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Sounds interesting, but in today's racial climate I can't see this going over well lol. The everybody butt hurt crowd is going to have a field day with this no matter how good or bad it turns out.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zaryia

@vfighter said:

Sounds interesting, but in today's racial climate I can't see this going over well lol. The everybody butt hurt crowd is going to have a field day with this no matter how good or bad it turns out.

It's going to be a ratings beast due to this very thing though.

They are smart.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

I read a paper called "Slavery" written in 1860 right after John Brown was hung for the raid on Harper's Ferry. It is a long read. You will have to hunt for it on the Gutenberg Project. Go to the authors section with authors that begin wit B and scroll down until you find the article. You will find it very informative. It could almost be written about today's events.