Congratulation President Biden & VP Harris!

• 121 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56072 Posts

And just like that, President Biden & VP Harris will now take the WH and hopefully bringing back Wealth & Glory to the US is no easy task. Lets hope the next 4 years will bring something good.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#2 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Just finished watching Biden's inauguration speech. I really appreciate the change in tone from what we've been dealing with for the previous 4 years. They've got a ton of work to do, but I'm much more confident in them than I was with the last administration.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Congrats!!! it feels so good not to be ashamed of my President and VP again. It's great to have class back in the White House and not that trashy reality tv guy that wants to bang his daughter.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Finally won't have to hear about Trump 24/7 on the news.

It'll be about identity politics to shield corruption.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

A dark day for fascism.

You'll pay for this Captain Planet.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6863 Posts

I Look forward to watching them blame Racism and white supremacy for all our problems over the next 4 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-609b1cfe23050
deactivated-609b1cfe23050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-609b1cfe23050
Member since 2021 • 320 Posts

@silentchief: And the tears from the right start. Now we will have to listen to QAnon cry for 4 years.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Here's hoping the leaders grow up and make policy to help the people rather than party politics. The Senate should vote on bills again. Yay!

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Silentchief

@yessir said:

@silentchief: And the tears from the right start. Now we will have to listen to QAnon cry for 4 years.

The left cried and bitched for 4 years. So the right may as well.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@silentchief said:
@yessir said:

Going by polling, more than just the left.

Trump is officially the most unpopular president since modern polling began in the 1930s. - Political Gamers - GameSpot

Trump's policies and behaviors were unpopular, and his term average shows very poor results. It certainly doesn't help that domestic terrorists and hate groups loved him so much either.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@yessir said:

Trump is officially the most unpopular president since modern polling began in the 1930s. - Political Gamers - GameSpot

Trump's policies and behaviors were unpopular, and his term average shows very poor results. It certainly doesn't help that domestic terrorists and hate groups loved him so much either.

He had the second most votes of any president in history.

Most hate groups turned on Trump as well.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

I am looking forward to seeing this new administration fix all the issues Trump caused. Hopefully they move things in a better direction, although I don’t expect things to be perfect all of a sudden, after all it is still a corrupt government controlled by lobbyists and corporations.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@yessir said:

He had the second most votes of any president in history.

This doesn't change the fact he was also the least popular in history in terms of % of the population.

@silentchief said:

Most hate groups turned on Trump as well.

What.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-609b1cfe23050

@silentchief: lol. We protested and dissented for valid reasons. Your side is just throwing a childish hissy fit.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Props. Props, props, props. Even Gaga was somewhat palatable. Congrats to all.

What a marked change. I remember clearly on the day of Trump’s Inauguration how he sent Spicer out to do a pathetic vanity charade press conference (I believe the first): “the president had the largest inauguration crowd, PERIOD!” The feeling of outright hostility, pettiness and antagonizing that came from our government was palpable. I asked myself then with priorities like that what the hell we were in for for four years. Nothing good, and nothing indeed good came.

Thank god on high Trump is gone. It’s unfortunate his filth is imbued in our national fabric forever, and the stench of him will continue to permeate in the actions of his children who will undoubtedly take some form of political initiative in the years to come in emulation of their father. But for now we can at least take out the garbage to remove the smell.

Congrats to Biden and Harris.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Silentchief

@yessir said:

@silentchief: lol. We protested and dissented for valid reasons. Your side is just throwing a childish hissy fit.

Spoken like a true radical.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Biden had a great inauguration speech. Shows you how devoid of class Trump is by leaving early and not attending. He's a coward through and through. Here's to hoping that every state attorney general nails his ass on everything he's ever done. The Trump family deserves every lawsuit coming their way.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

I wish him luck, but I have no faith he will do any better. I don't trust the actions of the left at all right now. The hyper inflation that is currently happening with the printing of money will only get worse with this president. I am afraid we are in for a couple of tough years ahead. I hope I am wrong, but if I am right my crypto investments should make a damn killing.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@Xabiss: Hyper inflation that is currently happening? Do you feel the need to just make things up?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Xabiss

@SUD123456 said:

@Xabiss: Hyper inflation that is currently happening? Do you feel the need to just make things up?

Just look at the amount of money that is currently being printed. Over 20% of ALL us money ever printed was in 2020 alone. Guess what happens when that happens? HYPER INFLATION! Yes it is something to really worry about.

And we still have another stimulus package that will probably pass pretty soon that will just add even more to what has been printed.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@SUD123456 said:

Just look at the amount of money that is currently being printed. Over 20% of ALL us money ever printed was in 2020 alone. Guess what happens when that happens? HYPER INFLATION! Yes it is something to really worry about.

And we still have another stimulus package that will probably pass pretty soon that will just add even more to what has been printed.

LMAO. Sovereign debt due to covid....hyper inflation. Either I need a crayon drawing to understand your logic or you should stick to topics that you understand.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@Xabiss: Actually the low energy prices and weak demand is keeping inflation very low.

If you don’t believe me check the official data, inflation rate has been 1.50% of lower for 12 months.

But you’re right in theory, money printing can lead to inflation, but not in this case and not in the previous recession.

The US government is more concerned with deflation as it will raise the value of debt.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#24 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Best of luck to the Biden administration and the future of the country in uncertain times.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Xabiss

@SUD123456 said:
@Xabiss said:
@SUD123456 said:

LMAO. Sovereign debt due to covid....hyper inflation. Either I need a crayon drawing to understand your logic or you should stick to topics that you understand.

Okay man keep printing money to pay for things. Let see what that gets us. Printing massive amounts of money always and the amounts we are printing will hurt us. Just wait.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Xabiss
@kadin_kai said:

@Xabiss: Actually the low energy prices and weak demand is keeping inflation very low.

If you don’t believe me check the official data, inflation rate has been 1.50% of lower for 12 months.

But you’re right in theory, money printing can lead to inflation, but not in this case and not in the previous recession.

The US government is more concerned with deflation as it will raise the value of debt.

This has not fully hit us just yet. Around 2022 we are really going to start feeling the effects of what we have done to get through this.

Yes, it hasn't hit us as hard in other recessions true, but we have NEVER printed this amount of money.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HoolaHoopMan

@Xabiss said:
@SUD123456 said:
@Xabiss said:
@SUD123456 said:

Okay man keep printing money to pay for things. Let see what that gets us. Printing massive amounts of money always and the amounts we are printing will hurt us. Just wait.

Hyper inflation is a very specific term, one of which you'd need to show proof of. If we look at the last 12 years you'll see that the naysayers of all stimulus methods, bailouts, and anti-austerity measures, have been warning us of hyper inflation. As you can see none of that happened, which leads me to believe you don't even understand the terms you're throwing around.

If, however, that inflation starts to pick up the federal reserves can pump the brakes and a) raise interest rates, and/or, b) Sell US treasury assets and pull cash out of the economy.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xabiss

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Xabiss said:
@SUD123456 said:
@Xabiss said:
@SUD123456 said:

Hyper inflation is a very specific term, one of which you'd need to show proof of. If we look at the last 12 years you'll see that the naysayers of all stimulus methods, bailouts, and anti-austerity measures, have been warning us of hyper inflation. As you can see none of that happened, which leads me to believe you don't even understand the terms you're throwing around.

If, however, that inflation starts to pick up the federal reserves can pump the brakes and a) raise interest rates, and/or, b) Sell US treasury assets and pull cash out of the economy.

Again we have NEVER printed as much money as we have. Over 20% of the money ever printed was done in one year. We have never done this. I do understand the term I am using. At a certain point their will be nothing the Federal Reserve can do. It will be very interesting when the economy truly opens what is going to happen. Only time will tell.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@Xabiss: Actually, yes you could be right.

I did not previously check the amount of M2 added, https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/money-supply-m2

It is massive. But theory and practice in economics are sometimes different. In theory prices should be surging, but if oil prices remain depressed, the downward cost pressures might not lead to high levels of inflation.

Well at least you can inflate away the national debt!!

Whatever happens, the US and indeed much of the world won’t have a easy 2021. I just hope it doesn’t lead to more civil unrest.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Looks like things were great yesterday. Hopefully things stay calm for the next little bit in the US. At least the biden administration will be less chaotic. I did like a lot of the EOs biden signed yesterday.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-609b1cfe23050

@silentchief: Do you even know what a radical is? Look at DC January 6. Those are radicals, me calling you out for throwing a fit is not.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silentchief

@yessir said:

@silentchief: Do you even know what a radical is? Look at DC January 6. Those are radicals, me calling you out for throwing a fit is not.

You justifying the lefts action for the last 4 years is in fact a radical idea. Burning down towns and murdering people is never justified.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Is this one sane?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Xabiss said:

Again we have NEVER printed as much money as we have. Over 20% of the money ever printed was done in one year. We have never done this. I do understand the term I am using. At a certain point their will be nothing the Federal Reserve can do. It will be very interesting when the economy truly opens what is going to happen. Only time will tell.

Hasn't inflation been rather low the last decade?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Xabiss

@horgen said:
@Xabiss said:

My god people we just started printing all of this money this year and the Biden administration says they will not slow it down and will worry about the debt later. Again we have already printed over 20% of the total money we have ever printed and we are still going at it. I will not be surprised if that number doesn't hit over 30%-40%.

So what has happened in the past is a total mute point. We have never printed this much money before EVER. This is happening now and we will not know the repercussions of it until it is over. Just be prepared for the dollar to bottom out and hyper inflation to occur.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 horgen  Moderator

@Xabiss said:
@horgen said:
@Xabiss said:

My god people we just started printing all of this money this year and the Biden administration says they will not slow it down and will worry about the debt later. Again we have already printed over 20% of the total money we have ever printed and we are still going at it. I will not be surprised if that number doesn't hit over 30%-40%.

So what has happened in the past is a total mute point. We have never printed this much money before EVER. This is happening now and we will not know the repercussions of it until it is over. Just be prepared for the dollar to bottom out and hyper inflation to occur.

You might be right.

We can learn from the past. If we had 10billion at one point and another 2 billion were made up of thin air, it's 20% added. Just like now. Unless unemployment drops, I don't think there will be hyper inflation.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Xabiss

@horgen said:
@Xabiss said:
@horgen said:
@Xabiss said:

You might be right.

We can learn from the past. If we had 10billion at one point and another 2 billion were made up of thin air, it's 20% added. Just like now. Unless unemployment drops, I don't think there will be hyper inflation.

Well I also believe jobs are going to be a huge issue. I honestly don't think we are going to see the reopening of the economy until much much later in the year. They are already saying their could be variations of COVID that the vaccine will not help with and everyone will then have to get a booster shot for those variations. We had 100,000 small businesses close last year and more are to come. I honestly believe raising the minimum wage right now is a HUGE mistake and it will prevent even more small businesses from ever opening again. These businesses are already strapped for cash. Now before any of you start on my about this. I am okay with raising minimum wage, but I don't think it is the time right when we are trying to get things back to normal.

I also think we are about to have a housing crisis like we have never seen before. Right now people have protections on rent and mortgages. If we open the economy back up and people can't find work then how are they going to pay back all the money they already owe on back rent and restarting their mortgages. People that own property will not have the money to pay their mortgages and then a snowball effect could occur.

I am watching all of this very closely. That is one of the reasons I am pretty much moving all of my money to the crypto space. I honestly have no trust in the dollar right now.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#38 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Finally the horror has ended.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

Biden looked more presidential the day before he took office than Trump did his entire 4 years.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HoolaHoopMan

@Xabiss said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Xabiss said:

First off, cite the numbers you're throwing around and feel free to provide context to past expansionary measures. Throwing around a number in a vacuum is relatively useless.

Secondly, you're complaining about hyper inflation while ignoring historical data on it. So, by all means provide us with some inflation numbers while you're at it.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xabiss

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Xabiss said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Xabiss said:

First off, cite the numbers you're throwing around and feel free to provide context to past expansionary measures. Throwing around a number in a vacuum is relatively useless.

Secondly, you're complaining about hyper inflation while ignoring historical data on it. So, by all means provide us with some inflation numbers while you're at it.

Someone quoted a link that shows exactly what I am talking about. Sooooooo.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23031 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Xabiss said:

Jesus, can you let the man have one full day in office before switching gears from, "we need expansionary policy during what I claim to be the greatest economy ever," to "we need to implement contractionary policy during a recession because hyperinflation is upon us?"

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Xabiss

@mattbbpl said:
@Xabiss said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Xabiss said:

Jesus, can you let the man have one full day in office before switching gears from, "we need expansionary policy during what I claim to be the greatest economy ever," to "we need to implement contractionary policy during a recession because hyperinflation is upon us?"

Uhhh this started before Biden took office, but okay. I am concerned that his administration said he will keep printing money and worry about the debt later.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HoolaHoopMan

@Xabiss said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Xabiss said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Ah, so I'm the asshole for asking you provide citations to your claims. Marvelous.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HoolaHoopMan

@mattbbpl: Zero hedge analysis incoming. Gloom and doom hyperinflation, return to the gold standard, monetary sovereignty is death!

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Best part of his presidency so far

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23904 Posts

So far, Biden's first 3 days in office have done more good than the past 4 years of Trump combined. With very little bad thus far.

Many executive orders, but a lot of the damage Trump did had to be reversed.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Maroxad: Sure, killed anywhere from 8,000-11,000 jobs on his first day, fabulous start for sure.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

In three days Biden and his ilk have taken America first to the dumpster. He eliminated ten thousand jobs with one executive job. With another one tens of thousand of jobs by rejoining the Paris climate accord which is useless for climate change. He put our foreign affairs back in the hands of the Saudis' which the left railed about for years. He promised Social equity and destroyed that right out of the gate. With his push for a fifteen dollar an hour wage increase another four million jobs lost and blacks will be the first to suffer, plus flooding the country with more illegal aliens all competing for non existing jobs plus were are in the middle of a pandemic what a genius. His executive orders have helped everyone but the American people. He has just guaranteed the Republicans will take back the house and senate in 2022 and Trump the presidency in 2024. I have not even mentioned the cost of living that is going to drastically increase. What a bunch of rubes we now have in charge of the country.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 horgen  Moderator

@JimB: Cost of living has gone up despite the minimum wage nothing moving the last decade. And wages is far from the only cost for companies.