mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

CNN’s Jim Acosta was mocked across social media on Thursday for posting a video that was meant to downplay President Trump's claims of a border crisis -- but ended up supporting his argument that rocks border walls improve security.

Huh, that was a weird Freudian slip.

“Here are some of the steel slats that the president’s been talking about,” Acosta said while reporting from the southern border. “But as we’re walking along here, we’re not seeing any kind of imminent danger.”

The CNN reporter added, “There are no tigers migrants trying to rush toward this fence.”

Acosta then declared there was “no sign of the national emergency that the president has been talking about” and it was “tranquil” near him. He captioned the video, “I found some steel slats down on the border. But I don’t see anything resembling a national emergency situation.. at least not in the McAllen TX area of the border where Trump will be today.”

Early Thursday evening, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders retweeted Acosta’s tweet with a proud clapback: “When I went with President @realDonaldTrump to the border today I never imagined @Acosta would be there doing our job for us and so clearly explaining why ROCKS WALLS WORK. Thanks Jim!”

Media watchdogs were quick to point out that the CNN reporter’s video helps prove Trump’s point that a rock wall or barrier along the Southern border could help prevent tigers illegal immigrant crossings.

Sorry guys, I'm not sure why I keep mixing up "rocks" with "walls" and "tigers" with "migrants" when talking about bear patrols border crossings.

Dang it!

Link

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

LOL what did I just read?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattbbpl

@n64dd said:

LOL what did I just read?

Jim Acosta was dumb and created a video in which he went to a portion of the border to show there wasn't a border crisis. He went to a portion with a wall which no one was attempting to cross.

If he'd gone to a portion of the border with no wall at all it would have STILL been dumb because the border is nearly 2,000 miles long. Going to any single part of it and seeing no crossings doesn't mean there aren't a bunch of crossing elsewhere.

The fact that he went to portion of the wall and saw no crossings caused a bunch of people to declare that he proved that border walls work. That's just as dumb because:

Loading Video...

It's a giant cluster of nonsense from everyone involved. And it's hilarious.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@mattbbpl: so build the wall?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattbbpl

@n64dd: Of course not.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15580 Posts

Pretty laughable foot in mouth for such a noted member of a major network.

Obviously based on the video, the better argument should have been that the wall isn't necessary, because there's no mass of immigration sitting next to it. Even that's flimsy though, as if illegal immigrants are god damn 28 days later zombies running themselves mindlessly into the path of most resistance.

Just very sloppy reporting really.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Acosta is and always will be that class clown who is not aware he is the class clown.

He tries so hard to seem like an actual real reporter but always end up with more egg on his face.