DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer says he was the victim of a fake sexual harassment allegations. The fake document detailing the sexual harassment was turned over to Capitol Police.

According to Axios

• A password-protected PDF of the 13-page document was shopped to Axios and other outlets. The document, which is dated 2012 and has the file name "Schumer_Complaint," looks like a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
  • One of many red flags: No lawyer for the staffer is named.
  • She told me in a statement: "The claims in this document are completely false, my signature is forged, and even basic facts about me are wrong. I have contacted law enforcement to determine who is responsible. I parted with Senator Schumer's office on good terms and have nothing but the fondest memories of my time there
  • The former staffer said she took the matter to Washington, D.C. police on Tuesday. She said the police told her they were unsure of their jurisdiction in the case. She said she now plans to go to Capitol Police.
  • "The document contains an allegation of inappropriate behavior on September 16th 2011 in Washington, but Schumer was in New York City."
  • "It contains an allegation of inappropriate behavior by Schumer on August 25th 2011 in Washington, but Schumer was in France."
  • The source tells Axios that reporters from the Washington Post, CNN, BuzzFeed, The New Yorker and ABC all inquired about the document Tuesday.

"The document is a forged document and every allegation is false. We have turned it over to the Capitol Police and asked them to investigate and pursue criminal charges because it is clear the law has been broken,” Schumer spokesman Matt House told Axios.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm ok

Good for Schumer that they have turned it over to the police and they can hopefully catch these people.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DrLostRib

@Jacanuk said:

Hmm ok

Good for Schumer that they have turned it over to the police and they can hopefully catch these people.

Hmm ok

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Why doesn't Trump do this for his accusers?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DrLostRib

Apparently this document had gotten some right wing fake newsies all in a tizzy

The teasing on Tuesday included a Facebook post: “Michael Cernovich and I are going to end the career of a U.S. Senator,” wrote the Trump-supporting proprietor of GotNews.com, Charles C. Johnson.

Cernovich, an ally in the conservative media sphere, took to Twitter to make a similar boast. “I am in possession of a sexual harassment complaint filed against one of Senator Gillibrand’s colleagues,”

Jack Posobiec, who with Cernovich was involved in pushing the so-called #Pizzagate conspiracy, a fake news story that linked Democrats to a completely made up pedophile ring, wrote on Twitter: “If you thought the media was outraged over the flawless Conyers takedown, wait until [it’s] a sitting U.S. Senator.”

By Wednesday morning, however, it became apparent that there would be no takedown of a U.S. senator. Cernovich deleted his tweet, and Johnson wrote on his website that he was offering up a reward in exchange for answers about what went haywire with the promised scoop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Ok?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zaryia

@sonicare said:

Ok?

Lmao this passive aggressive spam post is annoying enough when Jackanuk does it. We don't need two.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@zaryia said:

Lmao this passive aggressive spam post is annoying enough when Jackanuk does it. We don't need two.

Reps are having a difficult year........

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@zaryia said:
@sonicare said:

Ok?

Triggered?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zaryia

@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@sonicare said:

Ok?

Triggered?

Yes, you are.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@zaryia: Ironic coming from the master of spam posts Zaryia.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@zaryia said:
@sonicare said:

Ok?

Usually when someone posts an article, there is some discussion by the OP about it. that's sort of the rules of this forum. This was just an article posted with nothing else. What is the point? I already read this on CNN.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@sonicare said:

Ok?

Triggered?

Yes, you are.

Why are you so mad about this thread?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DrLostRib

@sonicare said:
@zaryia said:
@sonicare said:

Ok?

Usually when someone posts an article, there is some discussion by the OP about it. that's sort of the rules of this forum. This was just an article posted with nothing else. What is the point? I already read this on CNN.

why take issue with just this thread

The doug jones thread is literally just a tweet and the word "wow"

The Texas Deputy AG thread is just a link and an excerpt

The Terrorist attack in NYC is just a link and an excerpt

The infowars thread is just a link and a video

The Pentagon allowing transgender people in the military thread is just a link

Even Horgen's thread on net neutrality is mostly just a link and excerpt

Did I really need to add "What are your thoughts?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@drlostrib said:
@sonicare said:
@zaryia said:
@sonicare said:

Ok?

What discussion are you trying to have then? That some women may make false claims for their own gain? Yes, that can happen, but i suspect the bulk of these claims have merit. Are you harping on some other political point? I dont know what you are trying to point out.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrLostRib

@sonicare said:
@drlostrib said:
@sonicare said:
@zaryia said:
@sonicare said:

Ok?

What discussion are you trying to have then? That some women may make false claims for their own gain? Yes, that can happen, but i suspect the bulk of these claims have merit. Are you harping on some other political point? I dont know what you are trying to point out.

Did you not even read the thread or story? Where does it say it was a woman making false claims?

And like I said, why are you taking issue with just this thread when there's plenty of other threads that have equal or less content in the OP, many of which you have posted and had discussions in