Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts

Playing around with OpenAIs ChatGPT application with humorous results:

prompt:

write a Donald Trump speech about how the US needs to invade Iceland and enslave its citizens.

result:

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining me today. I want to talk to you about a very important issue facing our great nation.

The United States of America is the greatest country on Earth, and we need to make sure that we remain the dominant force in the world. That's why I am proposing a bold new plan: the invasion and enslavement of Iceland.

Now, I know what you're thinking: "But Mr. President, Iceland is a peaceful and friendly country. Why would we want to invade them?" That's a good question, and let me tell you why.

First of all, Iceland has a lot of valuable resources that we could use to benefit the American people. They have rich fishing grounds, abundant geothermal energy, and a strategic location in the North Atlantic. By invading and enslaving Iceland, we could gain access to these resources and use them to improve the lives of all Americans.

Second, Iceland is a small and weak country, with a population of only about 350,000 people. They would be no match for the might of the United States military, and we could easily overpower them and take control of their land.

Third, and perhaps most importantly, the invasion and enslavement of Iceland would send a strong message to the world. It would show that the United States will not tolerate any challenge to our dominance, and that we will do whatever it takes to protect our interests and ensure our safety.

So let's make America great again by invading and enslaving Iceland. Together, we can make our country stronger, safer, and more prosperous than ever before. Thank you, and God bless America.

variation:

My fellow Americans,

I am here today to talk to you about a pressing issue that affects us all. The issue is Iceland, and why we must take action to invade and enslave its citizens for the benefit of America.

First, let me tell you a little bit about Iceland. It is a small island nation located in the North Atlantic, and it has a population of just over 300,000 people. It is a country that is rich in natural resources, including fish, geothermal energy, and minerals.

But here's the problem: Iceland is not using these resources to their full potential. They are not exploiting their natural wealth, and as a result, they are not contributing to the global economy in a meaningful way.

But we can change that. We can invade Iceland, enslave its citizens, and put them to work. We can harness their natural resources, and use them to our benefit. We can extract the wealth of Iceland, and bring it back to America.

Think about it: with the labor of the Icelandic people, we can increase our own production and profits. We can become even more powerful and dominant on the global stage. We can show the world that America is a force to be reckoned with.

But there are those who will say that this is wrong, that it is immoral to enslave another people. To them I say this: the ends justify the means. If we can benefit from the labor of the Icelandic people, then it is our moral duty to do so.

We must not be held back by outdated notions of human rights and dignity. We must act now, and take what is rightfully ours.

So let us invade Iceland, enslave its people, and reap the rewards. Let us make America great again.

Thank you.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 721 Posts

It's quite impressive that ai can write such coherent speeches, but it doesn't capture the style of trump. It uses far too much logic, it's far too orderly and doesn't at all play with your feelings and stir emotions.

Trump reached where he is right now for his ability to do just that.

Also the language is so formal and only partially blames Icelanders for being invaded.

If a leader would invade Iceland, first of all it would make it clear that it's their fault, it would say they had no other choice, they would be painted as horrible monsters.

We can see Russian invasion of Ukraine and how Putin portrays Ukrainians as nazis and satanists, that they are being saved by Russia, that Ukrainians are invading their own territory (after all it was annexed), etc.

Anyway, i mean it will be a lot less logical and full of emotional charge.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

It'll be a good invasion, a great invasion. The greatest invasion ever. An absolutely dazzling invasion the likes of which you've never seen.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

Not one use of the word tremendous... fail!

Set parameters to Donald Trump giving a speech how to score with women in 10 easy steps and not get sued.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I tested it a bit and it's pretty tricky to get it to say something that is not very generic. What you get is highly dependent on how you phrase what you are asking the bot. The bot doesn't know anything about laws, certain political figures and regulations either. The bot gave me a generic answer saying that it did not know anything about that person when I asked it to tell me more about various political figures in my province.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127527 Posts

@super600 said:

I tested it a bit and it's pretty tricky to get it to say something that is not very generic. What you get is highly dependent on how you phrase what you are asking the bot. The bot doesn't know anything laws, certain political figures and regulations either. The bot gave me a generic answer saying that it did not know anything about that person when I asked it to tell me more about various political figures in my province.

It's still learning, isn't it? Latest info it has been feed is from 2021 or so. Some Norwegian journalists asked it about some famous painting(s) and got an answer that was more correct than what you expect from some of the users posting here.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#7 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

The AI missed the part about dating Ivanka if she wasn't his daughter.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts

@warmblur said:

The AI missed the part about dating Ivanka if she wasn't his daughter.

this cracked me up though:

"But there are those who will say that this is wrong, that it is immoral to enslave another people. To them I say this: the ends justify the means. If we can benefit from the labor of the Icelandic people, then it is our moral duty to do so.

We must not be held back by outdated notions of human rights and dignity. We must act now, and take what is rightfully ours."

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58505 Posts

If Trump spoke that well and used that same logic, I might have actually been able to tolerate him.

Still, pretty damn impressive.