luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 luckylucious
Member since 2015 • 1198 Posts

I think most of us (who are grounded in reality atleast lol) already knew his presidency was going to be a disaster, which opens up the question, will he win another term?

- Sessions resigning most likely

- Cant even repeal and replace Obamacare, lol we control all 3 branches and somehow this couldnt get done.

^

We shouldve just fixed Obamacare, introduced single payer and slowly phased it out.

- Approval ratings are hilariously bad

- Democratic Party is slowly turning progressive again

Also who do you think the Dems will run?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

I think he can. Trump has spent the first six months setting the bar breathtakingly low, and after about a year of this people will start getting used to it. When he finally figures out how the job works and starts showing a basic level of competence, people will latch on to that and talk about how far he's come. This could lead to reelection, especially if the Democratic Party doesn't learn anything from their own past mistakes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Of course he can. Will he? Ask us again in 3 years.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Only if Dems run Hillary again or another schill of her level like Cory Booker.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

To be fair, he has three more years until reelection. Anything can happen that can sway the public opinion to vote for or against Trump such as a terrorist attack on American soil, a war, economic prosperity, and so on.

I'll hold my breath until 2020.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

Not if things continue as is.....anyway against a strong opponent he wouldn't win.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23893 Posts

It depends on multiple factors;

• The economy is set to crash again... even though Trump isn't to blame, he will get blame for it regardless. If the bubble doesnt burst until 6 more months that is. If it bursts prior to that Obama will get the blame.
  • Depends on if Trump gets removed from office, either via impeachment, retirement or death.
  • Trump is fairly old, he may not be willing to run a second term of the most stressful job in the world.
  • The democrats show to be unwilling to learn. Right now 52% or so of Americans percieve the democrats have no real agenda, other than keeping trump out.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Only if Dems run Hillary again or another schill of her level like Cory Booker.

I doubt this actually.

I think him winning was such a shock to dems who didnt vote, they'd ensure it would not happen again. He's also losing his voter base as an astonishing rate.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Who knows.

We are 3 years away from 2020 , so a lot can happen so beginning to speculate on that now is just stupid.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic

@Maroxad said:

• The economy is set to crash again... even though Trump isn't to blame, he will get blame for it regardless. If the bubble doesnt burst until 6 more months that is. If it bursts prior to that Obama will get the blame.
  • Depends on if Trump gets removed from office, either via impeachment, retirement or death.
  • Trump is fairly old, he may not be willing to run a second term of the most stressful job in the world.
  • The democrats show to be unwilling to learn. Right now 52% or so of Americans percieve the democrats have no real agenda, other than keeping trump out.

In respect to the last point....the republicans don't seem to have learned anything from the election either. And that includes Trump who isn't keeping his promises.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

I don't even think he'll finish his first term, never mind run again, but sure, he could win. All Republicans would need to do is the same thing they did last time - suppress the vote to unprecedented levels, boot hundreds of thousands off the voter rolls, and team Trump would just have to work with another foreign power to influence the weak minds of voters in swing states. It would be a hell of a lot harder, but it could be done. Lie enough and people believe it.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#12 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@luckylucious:

Presuming he survives, I'm not sure. It would be possible and seeing how horrible he is at the job, it wouldn't be the worst thing ever. Just 4 more years of darkness.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Maroxad

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:

In respect to the last point....the republicans don't seem to have learned anything from the election either. And that includes Trump who isn't keeping his promises.

Difference is, the democrats were using a losing strategy that hurt the brand. And lost them the election.

But yeah, Republicans are probably hurting their name as well.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

I doubt he will run again, he is old and reportedly hates the job. His ego will probably make him come out and claim the first term as a success though.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@Nick3306 said:

I doubt he will run again, he is old and reportedly hates the job. His ego will probably make him come out and claim the first term as a success though.

"As I accomplished everything I set out to in my first term, there was no need for a second."

That would be a fine ending to the Trump memoirs. I could live with that.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jacanuk

@Nick3306 said:

Of course he will run again, Trump is to much self aware to allow his legacy to be known as a one term president.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Yes, I believe he will be re-elected.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

Yes, barring any extraordinary circumstances (illegal things, trials, impeachment, death, assassination, etc), I think he can and probably will.

He has so many cards to play. I mean he hasn't even started a war yet, folks, that is almost a guaranteed win right there.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yes, barring any extraordinary circumstances (illegal things, trials, impeachment, death, assassination, etc), I think he can and probably will.

He has so many cards to play. I mean he hasn't even started a war yet, folks, that is almost a guaranteed win right there.

I don't think so. And I don't think Reps will risk it. He has only a small percentage of the country. Those who considered him the lesser of two evils will probably switch next cycle.

DARKORDER666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 DARKORDER666
Member since 2017 • 6 Posts

god i hope not

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I don't think so. And I don't think Reps will risk it. He has only a small percentage of the country. Those who considered him the lesser of two evils will probably switch next cycle.

Just for the record 82% of the republican voters approve of Trump.

And those who considered him the lessar of two evils, will have to have a very very good democratic choice before going there. And Warren certainly are not that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

And those who considered him the lessar of two evils, will have to have a very very good democratic choice before going there. And Warren certainly are not that.

No. Taking republicans out of the equation you will have independents and democrats that already disapprove of Trump. If they vote...he's done. And if it continues to get worse....they will vote and not stay home.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

No. Taking republicans out of the equation you will have independents and democrats that already disapprove of Trump. If they vote...he's done. And if it continues to get worse....they will vote and not stay home.

Not entirely, democrats vote democrats so they will be taken out as well.

And as to the independent. 40% approve of Trump which is all he needs, It all comes down to who is on the other side. Again if it´s warren Trump will have a 65% chance of winning. Not to mention who is running as 3rd party candidates.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

And as to the independent. 40% approve of Trump which is all he needs, It all comes down to who is on the other side. Again if it´s warren Trump will have a 65% chance of winning. Not to mention who is running as 3rd party candidates.

No you can't take the Dems out. Some of them voted for trump. They won't again.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maroxad

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Depends on voter suppression tactics. Republicans have 3.5 years to strengthen those as much as possible.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@Maroxad said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Depends on voter suppression tactics. Republicans have 3.5 years to strengthen those as much as possible.

And Republicans have the democrats helping out with that as well.

When Obama took office Democrats had a super majority , now they are a distant voice that no one really listens to.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@Maroxad said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Here's hoping intelligent Americans wake up in the midterms and go vote. That should reverse that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

He definitely can win again and while a lot can happen between now and the next election, my money right now would be on him winning again and I won a lot of money betting on him winning the first time.

Anybody that thinks that he can't win again are probably the same people that thought it was impossible for him to win the first time because instead of respectfully seeking out opposing viewpoints and trying to understand them instead of silencing or insulting them, they are instead staying in their Trump hating echo chamber and seeking confirmation bias that everybody hates Trump except for stupid, racist, sexist deplorables; but that is far from true. From what I've seen, most people that voted for Trump the first time are still supporting him.

As for as what the polls show about his approval rating, these are the same polls that said that Hillary had a 90% chance of winning, so if you trust these polls then you have learned nothing from the last election and are making the same mistake that you made the first time. Get out of your Trump hating echo chamber, stop seeking confirmation bias that everybody hates Trump, stop trying to silence any opposing viewpoint, stop trying to shame Trump supporters by calling them stupid/sexist/racist/deplorable/etc. because that only pisses them off and makes them more passionate about helping Trump win, and instead actually have a respectful conversation with people that voted for Trump the first time and what you will see is that most of them are still behind Trump, so the only way that you will beat Trump is by putting your bias aside and making an effort to understand the real reasons that so many people like Trump.

I think that the best chance that the Democratic party has, unless some new star emerges in the next few years, would be with Biden, but I don't think Biden will actually run. I don't think Bernie will run either since he will be too old. I don't think Warren or Kaine have much of a chance at beating Trump.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jacanuk

@storm_of_swords said:

He definitely can win again and while a lot can happen between now and the next election, my money right now would be on him winning again and I won a lot of money betting on him winning the first time.

Anybody that thinks that he can't win again are probably the same people that thought it was impossible for him to win the first time because instead of respectfully seeking out opposing viewpoints and trying to understand them instead of silencing or insulting them, they are instead staying in their Trump hating echo chamber and seeking confirmation bias that everybody hates Trump except for stupid, racist, sexist deplorables; but that is far from true. From what I've seen, most people that voted for Trump the first time are still 100% behind him.

As for as what the polls show about his approval rating, these are the same polls that said that Hillary had a 90% chance of winning, so if you trust these polls then you have learned nothing from the last election and are making the same mistake that you made the first time. Get out of your Trump hating echo chamber, stop seeking confirmation bias that everybody hates Trump, stop trying to silence any opposing viewpoint, stop trying to shame Trump supporters by calling them stupid or sexist or racist or deplorable because that only pisses them off and makes them more passionate about helping Trump win, and instead actually have a respectful talk with people that voted for Trump the first time and what you will see is that most of them are still behind Trump.

I think that the best chance that the Democratic party has, unless some new star emerges in the next few years, would be with Biden, but I don't think Biden will actually run. I don't think Bernie will run either since he will be too old. I don't think Warren or Kaine have much of a chance at beating Trump.

Biden can´t win against Trump, he may have that cool factor after Obama but he is still Joe Biden. And Sanders won´t run , he will be way to old.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I think people are underestimating people's apathy as well. Over 40% of eligible voters did not vote (I forgot the exact number, but I want to say it was as high as 48%). If they were not discouraged to vote before, they certainly are now. You can't blame that all (or even mostly) on voter suppression, and while that is imo a super serious crime worthy of treason charges, I think it's a not the issue to be concerned with here.

As for lesser of two evils, I don't even know where to start with that: Clinton was incredibly well qualified to be president; yeah, people did not like her, but tbh she was probably the best presidential candidate we have had in a while. It is going to be tough for democrats to someone better than her that is also more A.) more likable to moderates and B.) satisfies the democratic/liberal urge to be annoying as hell, while not actually pissing people off.

This next election is going to be determined by people that are on the fence, that don't want to vote, that are discouraged. Frankly, I see it as an opportunity for a third party, but the powers that be just won't let that happen and sadly there just isn't a serious third party candidate out there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@Jacanuk said:
@storm_of_swords said:

Anybody that thinks that he can't win again are probably the same people that thought it was impossible for him to win the first time because instead of respectfully seeking out opposing viewpoints and trying to understand them instead of silencing or insulting them, they are instead staying in their Trump hating echo chamber and seeking confirmation bias that everybody hates Trump except for stupid, racist, sexist deplorables; but that is far from true. From what I've seen, most people that voted for Trump the first time are still 100% behind him.

As for as what the polls show about his approval rating, these are the same polls that said that Hillary had a 90% chance of winning, so if you trust these polls then you have learned nothing from the last election and are making the same mistake that you made the first time. Get out of your Trump hating echo chamber, stop seeking confirmation bias that everybody hates Trump, stop trying to silence any opposing viewpoint, stop trying to shame Trump supporters by calling them stupid or sexist or racist or deplorable because that only pisses them off and makes them more passionate about helping Trump win, and instead actually have a respectful talk with people that voted for Trump the first time and what you will see is that most of them are still behind Trump.

Biden can´t win against Trump, he may have that cool factor after Obama but he is still Joe Biden. And Sanders won´t run , he will be way to old.

I didn't say he would win, my money would still be on Trump, I said that I think he is the best chance (though still unlikely) that they have right now unless some new Democrat star emerges before 2020. Looking at the top Democrat contenders right now, I don't think any of them can beat Trump.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Maroxad said:

Frankly, I see it as an opportunity for a third party, but the powers that be just won't let that happen and sadly there just isn't a serious third party candidate out there.

Until we demolish the EC third parties won't make headway..........

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jacanuk

@storm_of_swords said:
@Jacanuk said:
@storm_of_swords said:

I didn't say he would win, my money would still be on Trump, I said that I think he is the best chance (though still unlikely) that they have right now unless some new Democrat star emerges before 2020. Looking at the top Democrat contenders right now, I don't think any of them can beat Trump.

Yup i do agree.

Democrats have nothing right now that has the ability to steal independents or rally democrats to go vote for them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@storm_of_swords said:
@Jacanuk said:

Yup i do agree.

Democrats have nothing right now that has the ability to steal independents or rally democrats to go vote for them.

Rally around getting rid of the Republicans. Don't discount that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Jacanuk: Having the majority of support from a minority group does not guarantee a victory. The fact is the majority of voters disapprove of Trump.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@storm_of_swords said:
@Jacanuk said:

Yup i do agree.

Because that worked so well the last time...

You can't win just based off of a message that at least you are not the other person/party. You need someone that inspires people to want to get off their ass and go vote for them not because they are the lesser of two evils, but because they have a message that resonates with people and people want to see them win because they genuinely like them and not just because they dislike the other candidate/party more.

Despite also having many haters, Trump had many people (and still does) that genuinely like him and his message, so many of the people that hate Trump but also don't care much for the other side of the ticket would take any excuse that they can to not go out and vote since it is just a lesser of two evils situation to them and that is not a strong motivator whereas the people that genuinely love Trump (and there are a lot of them; just look at his rallies) would crawl naked over broken glass to get to the voting booth and cast their vote for someone that they genuinely like and believe in.

If the Democrats hope to beat Trump at the next election, they need more than just the Trump hate that failed to get them the White House last time and would fail again in 2020; they need someone that people are truly excited to rally behind because they genuinely like the person and the person has a message that is stronger than just "I have a vagina so you should vote for me" or "Look how bad Trump is; at least I'm not Trump". Looking at the top likely Democrat contenders right now, I don't think they have somebody like that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic

@storm_of_swords: You are delusional if you think with all the scandals, broken promises, and inability that re-election is a given. FYI Trump ran on that very idea and won.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@storm_of_swords said:
@Jacanuk said:

Yup i do agree.

Well, did it work in the last few special elections.

The message "at least we are not the other guy" is just laughable bad and even tho it´s meant with a smile, it´s a joke that don´t work.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

The message "at least we are not the other guy" is just laughable bad and even tho it´s meant with a smile, it´s a joke that don´t work.

You conservatives are so selective. As I told the other guy.....Trump ran on I'm not one of them. So next excuse?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You conservatives are so selective. As I told the other guy.....Trump ran on I'm not one of them. So next excuse?

Actually Trump ran on a lot of different things, Build a Wall, Lock Her Up and a few more.

Trump is a PR guy and he knows how to rally people, just look at Obama he used a similar approach, "Yes we can"

"At least we are not the other guy" is not something that will rally anyone.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

I doubt he will run again. Democrats aren't looking good atm so it is possible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@LJS9502_basic said:

@storm_of_swords: You are delusional if you think with all the scandals, broken promises, and inability that re-election is a given. FYI Trump ran on that very idea and won.

Re-read what I wrote, I never said that it is a given. I said that I don't think any of the likely top Democrat contenders right now have a strong chance of beating him, and if they want to have a good chance of beating Trump in 2020, then they need a new Democrat star with a strong message to emerge before the next election.

And Trump had much more than just the idea of being the lesser of two evils going for him and if you are still blind to that then you did not learn anything since the last election and you still don't understand why Trump really won, and if Trump haters just continue to make excuses for their loss instead of making an effort to understand why Trump really won then Trump is likely to win again.

As far as me being delusional, I had a lot of people say that I was delusional last year when I was saying that I believed that Trump had a very good chance of becoming President. A lot of people called me delusional and laughed at me, but they weren't laughing anymore when the election results came in.

Let me guess, you were one of the people that thought that there was no way that Trump could ever become President? You were wrong then and you are wrong again if you don't think that he has a very good chance of winning again. It seems that you, like a lot of Trump haters, still don't understand why Trump really won because you are still staying in your Trump hating echo chamber and still seeking confirmation bias that everybody dislikes Trump like you do, but that is far from true.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Maroxad

Trump advertised himself as trying to bring back jobs to america, jingoism, populist ideas, anti-corruption, anti-globalism and much, much more.

Hillary ran on... not being Donald Trump.

I dislike Trump as much as the next guy, but Donald Trump did a much better job inspiring voters to vote for him.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jacanuk

@Maroxad said:

Trump advertised himself as trying to bring back jobs to america, jingoism, populist ideas, anti-corruption, anti-globalism and much, much more.

Hillary ran on... not being Donald Trump.

I dislike Trump as much as the next guy, but Donald Trump did a much better job inspiring voters to vote for him.

Don´t forget she was a women. Her message was vote for me because i'm a women, and if you don´t you are pretty much telling our daughters that they can grow up to be anything but a housewife.

That just don´t fly with most people, since they know it´s not the case.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Maroxad

@Jacanuk said:

Lol...

@Jacanuk said:

According to a recent survey both Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden beat trump

http://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-joe-biden-trump-reelection-poll-638432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@Maroxad said:
@Jacanuk said:

Are these the same kind of polls that said that Hillary had a 90% chance of beating Trump? Brexit and Trump's election should have made it clear that these kind of polls should not be trusted.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I cringe saying this, but he probably will.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Maroxad

@storm_of_swords said:
@Maroxad said:
@Jacanuk said:

Are these the same kind of polls that said that Hillary had a 90% chance of beating Trump? Brexit and Trump's election should have made it clear that these kind of polls should not be trusted.

Do people not understand how probability works? The fact that Hillary didn't have a 100% of winning means that a Trump victory was within the margin of error. Same goes for brexit.

This is 7th grade maths people...

And this is ignoring the fact that you used a red-herring. All in all, you are going to need a better argument if you want to try to debunk the polls or the results. Preferably one that does not demonstrate a terrible understanding of logic and mathematics.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Yes, he could win again, we are only six months into his four year term, and anything can happen between today and November 2020 that could result in his reelection.

Using his current approval rating as proof the Democratic nominee for 2020 is going to win the election in a landslide is very premature. Especially since the vast majority of the people that are saying that they disapprove of him are most likely Independents and Democrats that already hated him, with a very small amount of the people that said they disapprove of him being Republicans.

If he wins again, then it will probably be because of voter apathy again. Millions of people that voted for President Obama didn't even bother to show up to vote for Hillary Clinton. How many of those people will bother to show up in 2020 if the person running isn't any better?

Also, most Republicans would rather vote against Trump during the Republican primaries to get a stronger Republican candidate for the 2020 election than to vote for the Democratic nominee in the general election if Trump gets the nomination for a second time.

A strong Democratic nominee with a great message could pull a Bill Clinton and unseat the current sitting president, but telling people that he or she isn't Trump isn't a very strong message by itself.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:

As for as what the polls show about his approval rating, these are the same polls that said that Hillary had a 90% chance of winning, so if you trust these polls then you have learned nothing from the last election and are making the same mistake that you made the first time. Get out of your Trump hating echo chamber, stop seeking confirmation bias that everybody hates Trump, stop trying to silence any opposing viewpoint, stop trying to shame Trump supporters by calling them stupid/sexist/racist/deplorable/etc. because that only pisses them off and makes them more passionate about helping Trump win, and instead actually have a respectful conversation with people that voted for Trump the first time and what you will see is that most of them are still behind Trump, so the only way that you will beat Trump is by putting your bias aside and making an effort to understand the real reasons that so many people like Trump.

I've said it before.

The election and belief in Trump isn't about Trump. He has aligned himself with the frustrated sentiment of the populace. The hopelessness, the apathy. He's entwined and made himself synonymous with the feelings of distrust and disgust towards many aspects of our government. I agree that those who call his supporters racist, sexist, etc are missing the point.....that is misguided angst, it is not the reason he's supported and if people want to get him out they should lay that narrative to rest. Ignore Trump, because he is a symptom. Trump has conned people into believing he represents the ideal, that he stands in league with them, and that's why I believe so many are willing to overlook his.....eccentricities. He proclaims to stand against the establishment, to call our institutions into question, to cure corruption as only an outsider could do.

We're truly in a fucked situation because anything against Trump is viewed as FOR the establishment that so many despise. How do you fight against something like that? How do you advocate opposition that so many view as corrupted? You have to get to the root of the problem that is causing this deep, long building frustration in people, and that's nigh impossible to do. Trump's exploiting it and he's doing a wonderful job at it. To attack Trump is to advocate what so many hate. I don't see a solution to this tbh and it really concerns me.