Can somebody explain the texas election audit?

• 58 results
Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

Why does trump want an audit in a state he won?

And why do republicans only trust him and disregard even other conservative pundits like ben Shapiro or jordan Peterson that have denied fraud?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Why do those on the left believe CNN and MSNBC when they're clearly full of crap?

It boils down to people being sheep on both sides. We grew up being taught to believe in those with perceived authority. What the last two years have done is shatter that perception for millions. Many still want to believe that someone with authority has some shred of honor left but the reality is the old saying... "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Every politician. Every media outlet. Every social media site and technology conglomerate... they're all full of s**t. They don't care about you or anyone but themselves and how they can gain more power while simultaneously stripping you of your freedoms.

You can either wake up to that reality and deal with the realization... then do something about it. Or, you can live under the boot of the growing authoritarianism taking over the world.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

It's part of the far right strategy of "communication", applied with great success by people like Gerasimov and imported by Banon and the likes. It aims to create chaos, nothing more nothing less, because having an objective reality shared by most is a charlatan's biggest problem. Keeping people in a constant state of confusion and doubt is fundamental for their strategy.

But don't worry, next week it will be something else. Maybe a laxative that cures Covid.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Telekill

Ghost half gets it but doesn't realize that his party is doing the exact same thing to him.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nirgal

@Telekill: I wonder why the cinicism stop when dealing with trump. With everyone else its distrust, with him its blind trust. It doesn't matter how wild or unlikely, or even verifiably incorrect his claims are.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Telekill

You think I trust Trump?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nirgal

@Telekill: Dont know you personally, but all these recounts and audits mean a lot of people really really really trust what he has to say. Even in front of the judges, his own party and everyone else not directly affiliated with him.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Telekill

@nirgal: I refer you to my original reply.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Telekill said:

@nirgal: I refer you to my original reply.

I refer you to until trump started whining about fraud, people trusted the elections.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: All they had to do was the recount. Instead of looking at evidence and going through the motions, the government decided to say Trump and his supporters are delusional and they wouldn't bother seeing the evidence at all.

It was their actions that destroyed faith in voting integrity. If those feckless f**ks in the Supreme Court and in Congress would have done their damn jobs instead of yelling "conspiracy"... faith in the voting system would have remained. Instead, they acted guilty as hell as it looked they were trying to cover something up.

So sure, Trump's accusation started the ball rolling but the court's actions sledge hammered the ball down hill at warp speed.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: All they had to do was the recount. Instead of looking at evidence and going through the motions, the government decided to say Trump and his supporters are delusional and they wouldn't bother seeing the evidence at all.

It was their actions that destroyed faith in voting integrity. If those feckless f**ks in the Supreme Court and in Congress would have done their damn jobs instead of yelling "conspiracy"... faith in the voting system would have remained. Instead, they acted guilty as hell as it looked they were trying to cover something up.

So sure, Trump's accusation started the ball rolling but the court's actions sledge hammered the ball down hill at warp speed.

Recounts were done in several states. The results were the same. Court cases were filed. They had no evidence to show the courts. None of that mattered and we still hear the losers whining. Courts DID their jobs. You just didn't like the results.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: I'm not surprised you believe CNN as gospel.

No. There was evidence. It was ignored and the lawsuits dismissed. Courts DID NOT do their jobs and it forever tarnished their reputations and the faith in our voting systems by near half the country.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

What evidence?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@Telekill: Every recount, audit, and evidence I've seen has proven otherwise. Why don't you show us what you're referring to and make your case?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Telekill

Not playing your game. Wouldn't matter what I showed... you wouldn't believe it or wouldn't even bother considering it. There's no coming together on this one.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: I'm not surprised you believe CNN as gospel.

No. There was evidence. It was ignored and the lawsuits dismissed. Courts DID NOT do their jobs and it forever tarnished their reputations and the faith in our voting systems by near half the country.

Is CNN all you guys have? There was NO evidence. Courts did their jobs. But when a lawyer admits there was ZERO evidence that's that. It's less than half the country by the way. Just the kool aid drinkers.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Telekill said:

Not playing your game. Wouldn't matter what I showed... you wouldn't believe it or wouldn't even bother considering it. There's no coming together on this one.

Try at least. Atm this is no better than trolling.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

Translation: He has no evidence.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: Translation... sick of the left's shity games and won't play them.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

It lays the groundwork for weakening election integrity. The main point of the big lie concerning election fraud is to sow distrust in our elections so that people are primed for overturning results.

It's the main goal of the GOP, the minority party, so that they can maintain control via non-democratic methods. They're autocrats.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattbbpl

@Telekill said:

Ah yes, the game we play of asking for evidence.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan:

Trump laid the groundwork for questioning election integrity?

More like Trump built the house on the foundation laid by the Clinton campaign, with their Russian interference allegations which turned out to be false.

Good God, neither side is clean. Isn't this obvious to everyone yet?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos: Sowing distrust in the process is part of the strategy; it doesn't matter what the results are, what matters is that they prove the system doesn't work.

These people are against the democratic process and will lie, cheat, and steal to win by any other means.

@appariti0n said:

@HoolaHoopMan:

I think it is to most, but the difference in cleanliness is significant; you need to vote for the least dirty. One side hasn't showered for a week, but the other side has been rolling around in the mud and shit. Logic dictates you vote for the former.

They're politicians in some of the highest politic offices in the country (and world), of course they're not going to be clean. This is why "whataboutism" is such a cheap and stupid point of argument.

@HoolaHoopMan said:

It lays the groundwork for weakening election integrity. The main point of the big lie concerning election fraud is to sow distrust in our elections so that people are primed for overturning results.

It's the main goal of the GOP, the minority party, so that they can maintain control via non-democratic methods. They're autocrats.

Beat me to it.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mattbbpl

@horgen said:

What evidence?

He doesn't have any. None at all.

This has become a common theme on the right in recent weeks, and I can't fathom why they think it makes their position stronger. Everyone else is laughing at them, and they (rightfully) wouldn't accept that response from anyone else.

Until they start providing evidence for their claims, they might as well be shouting on street corners about an almighty flying spaghetti monster. It makes them look just as nuts

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nirgal

@Telekill: althought you said you didn't trust trump, you do happen to trust his word on election fraud quite a lot. More than you trust the supreme court that he appointment and election officials.

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

@Telekill: “Why do those on the left believe CNN and MSNBC when they're clearly full of crap?”

Personal attacks on the left in thread about the right being stupid. Typical.

“It boils down to people being sheep on both sides. We grew up being taught to believe in those with perceived authority. What the last two years have done is shatter that perception for millions. Many still want to believe that someone with authority has some shred of honor left but the reality is the old saying... "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".”

How are the left being sheep here? Your side is the one buying this lie. The only people who bought that BS about the people in power are your side. The right still does by being sheeps buying whatever Trump says. And nobody has absolute power.

“Every politician. Every media outlet. Every social media site and technology conglomerate... they're all full of s**t. They don't care about you or anyone but themselves and how they can gain more power while simultaneously stripping you of your freedoms.”

What freedoms? The only only one taking my freedoms is your side.

“You can either wake up to that reality and deal with the realization... then do something about it. Or, you can live under the boot of the growing authoritarianism taking over the world”

You mean blindly back corrupt leaders, limit peoples rights in an attempt to create a dictatorship while calling everyone a sheep. 😉

Dude, you are being lied to by Trump. Wake up and see the fascism growing on the right.

“ Translation... sick of the left's shity games and won't play them.”

Nope, you have no evidence. You lost, move on.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
@appariti0n said:

@HoolaHoopMan:

Trump laid the groundwork for questioning election integrity?

More like Trump built the house on the foundation laid by the Clinton campaign, with their Russian interference allegations which turned out to be false.

lol you understand that Russia election influence was something that was confirmed, correct? This is one weak false equivalency. It's generally used when your side as bunk evidence to support it's point of view.

Just do something sh*tty and drag the other side to your level of lunacy and depravity.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Telekill said:

Why do those on the left believe CNN and MSNBC when they're clearly full of crap?

It boils down to people being sheep on both sides. We grew up being taught to believe in those with perceived authority. What the last two years have done is shatter that perception for millions. Many still want to believe that someone with authority has some shred of honor left but the reality is the old saying... "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Every politician. Every media outlet. Every social media site and technology conglomerate... they're all full of s**t. They don't care about you or anyone but themselves and how they can gain more power while simultaneously stripping you of your freedoms.

You can either wake up to that reality and deal with the realization... then do something about it. Or, you can live under the boot of the growing authoritarianism taking over the world.

So you're just trolling.

But we got a few loons around here who are serious like Eoten. That's when the US gets into trouble, the millions of Trump psychos who actually think the election was stolen. It hurts faith in our Democracy.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan: Lol "my side".

Sorry, I should have said collusion, not interference. You're correct.

My point is, that it's so easy to believe that Trump was oh so unethical, but Hilary was ethical. I dont believe either of them are interested in anything but obtaining/keeping power.

Simply being a politician interested in running the most powerful country in the world should automatically mean high scrutiny.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nirgal

@appariti0n: as bad Hillary was. She was respectful enough of the democratic process to concede the election even after winning the popular vote.

For me, that alone, creates a huge difference between them.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#36 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@nirgal said:

@appariti0n: as bad Hillary was. She was respectful enough of the democratic process to concede the election even after winning the popular vote.

Except she completely fabricated the narrative that Trump was working with Russia, which launched an illegal investigation to spy on his campaign. What she did was as bad, if not worse than Watergate. I wouldn't exactly call her ethical, or respectful of the process.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Telekill

@thenation: I didn't lose anything. I was going to say I lost caring what you think but I never did care.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@nirgal said:

Except she completely fabricated the narrative that Trump was working with Russia, which launched an illegal investigation to spy on his campaign. What she did was as bad, if not worse than Watergate. I wouldn't exactly call her ethical, or respectful of the process.

Swing and a miss on the Russia story.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#39 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@nirgal said:

Swing and a miss on the Russia story.

Maybe in your deluded, feeble mind.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nirgal

@eoten: proving collusion is hard, but calling the story completely fabricated when there were documented meetings between his son and Russian lobbyists, makes no sense.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Tower_meeting

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

@eoten: There was nothibg illegal about the Russia investigation and enough proven to justify it. You just dont want your own held accountable.

@Telekill: Whatever bud. You obviously cant prove anything.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

@thenation said:

@eoten: There was nothibg illegal about the Russia investigation and enough proven to justify it. You just dont want your own held accountable.

@Telekill: Whatever bud. You obviously cant prove anything.

yep. most times i dont talk to people with that mind set. not worth the time.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Telekill

@thenation: Your hypocrisy is laughable.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Telekill said:

They recounted. They did numerous audits. Dozens of court cases. The motions were went through, again and again and again. They were not initially called delusional, nor were claims of unfounded conspiracy echoing loud until the denial of the results came. The only way faith would’ve been retained in election integrity for you and others would be if the results aligned with your preconceived belief that fraud occurred.

Just because your false beliefs weren’t validated doesn’t mean there was a cover up. It just shows that you have mistakenly placed your faith in a lie and cannot accept its repudiation by facts so are blaming everything else except your flawed judgement.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@eoten said:

Do you agree with these silly Audits?

How did you feel when the Arizona one crashed and burned?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Telekill

@MirkoS77: But they weren't gone through again and again and again. What happened was that lawsuits were brought up over and over with evidence and each time the courts dismissed it. So no. The courts failed this country.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HoolaHoopMan

@appariti0n said:

@HoolaHoopMan: Lol "my side".

Sorry, I should have said collusion, not interference. You're correct.

My point is, that it's so easy to believe that Trump was oh so unethical, but Hilary was ethical. I dont believe either of them are interested in anything but obtaining/keeping power.

Simply being a politician interested in running the most powerful country in the world should automatically mean high scrutiny.

It's easy to believe Trump is unethical because he's been caught lying a record number of times. How many of his campaign managers and associates have been indicted or convicted at this time again? Hint: It's a lot more than most politicians, by a lot. The same cannot be said of most other people, including Hillary or Biden.

Most people here believe we should investigate politicians and hold them accountable to a great amount of scrutiny. This doesn't mean that we have to invent reasons to do so. If Trump is being investigated more so than other presidents it doesn't mean he's being treated unfairly in comparison, it means his behavior may warrant it. Right now the fervor for Hunter Biden is the result of Trump fans trying to get something to stick, which amounts to nothing more than political theater. It's an attempt to equivocate the actions of a morally bankrupt liar like Trump, to anyone else on the other side.

But hey, maybe another laptop will show up in a random repair shop implicating Hunter Biden in a conspiracy involving lizard people.