Bipartisan legislators demand answers from Fauci on 'cruel' puppy experiments -The Hill

• 47 results
MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

A bipartisan letter demands answers from the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and President Biden's chief medical adviser.

The White Coat Waste Project, the nonprofit organization that first pointed out that U.S. taxpayers were being used to fund the controversial Wuhan Institute of Virology, have now turned its sights on Anthony Fauci on another animal-testing-related matter — infecting dozens of beagles with disease-causing parasites to test an experimental drug on them.

House members, most of whom are Republicans, want Fauci to explain himself in response to allegations brought on by the White Coat Waste Project that involve drugging puppies.

According to the White Coat Waste Project, the Food and Drug Administration does not require drugs to be tested on dogs, so the group is asking why the need for such testing.

White Coat Waste claims that 44 beagle puppies were used in a Tunisia, North Africa, laboratory, and some of the dogs had their vocal cords removed, allegedly so scientists could work without incessant barking.

Leading the effort is Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.), writing a letter to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) saying the cordectomies are “cruel” and a “reprehensible misuse of taxpayer funds.”

"Our investigators show that Fauci’s NIH division shipped part of a $375,800 grant to a lab in Tunisia to drug beagles and lock their heads in mesh cages filled with hungry sand flies so that the insects could eat them alive," White Coat Waste told Changing America. "They also locked beagles alone in cages in the desert overnight for nine consecutive nights to use them as bait to attract infectious sand flies."

Mace’s letter was signed by Reps. Cindy Axne (D-Iowa), Cliff Bentz (R-Ore.), Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), Rick Crawford (R-Ark.), Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.), Scott Franklin (R-Fla.), Andrew Garbarino (R-N.Y.), Carlos Gimenez (R-Fla.), Jimmy Gomez (D-Calif.), Josh Gottheimer (D-N.J.), Fred Keller (R-Pa.), Ted Lieu (D-Calif.), Lisa McClain (R-Mich.), Nicole Malliotakis (R-N.Y.), Brian Mast (R-Fla.), Scott Perry (R-Pa.), Bill Posey (R-Fla.), Mike Quigley (D-Ill.), Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-Calif.), Maria E. Salazar (R-Fla.), Terri Sewell (D-Ala.), Daniel Webster (R-Fla.) and Del. Eleanor Holmes (D-D.C.)

The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Changing America.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/medical-advances/578086-bipartisan-legislators-demand-answers-from-fauci

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8208 Posts

Disgusting and this is not new. Basically our health organizations just pay to do these experiments over seas to avoid legalities here in the states. What they did to those pups is horrible.

This only got light shown on because Fauci was called out for lying to Congress about them funding gain of function research by Rand Paul. Since then people have been digging and finding out more stuff they have funded over seas.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Fauci would have really fit in with many of the scientists of the Nazi party.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Argentina and Brazil might be to his liking. He's been a joke since day one.

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

@Solaryellow: No he hasnt. This is just another right wing hit piece, all designed to discredit his stance on covid.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@thenation said:

@Solaryellow: No he hasnt. This is just another right wing hit piece, all designed to discredit his stance on covid.

I don't take right wing talking points seriously. They constantly have something to be outraged about because they don't want to face facts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@LJS9502_basic: Pretty much. Thats what they are using this as. Anything to distract from reality. Eoten is even trying to compare Biden to Hitler. Not sure if this is sad or scary.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@thenation said:

I don't take right wing talking points seriously. They constantly have something to be outraged about because they don't want to face facts.

Right, just like it was a right-wing conspiracy theory to suggest the NIH was funding gain of function research in Wuhan. It had to have been, Fauci denied those allegations. Yet, NIH has been forced to admit this to be the truth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@eoten: citation needed

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Honestly, there is a reason pharma corporations are often portrayed as a villainous faction. However, it looks like this article has mostly been refuted at this point, so I will wait for more information for The Hill to back up their stance.

@LJS9502_basic said:
@thenation said:

I want to make a timeline showing various right wing outrage. But the graph is currently lacking a lot of information. But it shows very much just how hollow outrage culture is.

Here is my current work,

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#13 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

"Allegedly, 44 beagle puppies were used in a North Africa laboratory, and some of the dogs had their vocal cords removed so scientists could work without incessant barking."

Jesus christ...

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

Honestly, This isn't anything new. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), laboratories reported having approximately 43,000 dogs in their testing facilities in 2020. They test them on everything from pesticides to drugs for FDA approval. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) also requires that dogs be used in a 90-day pesticide test and the Food and Drug Administration, which regulates various products such as drugs, devices and food and color additives, will not approve potential drugs unless they are first tested on animals, which usually includes dogs since they have historically been used. This tactic has been used for decades, and the animal is typically killed to harvest and test the body after testing has been completed. Yeah, it's barbaric, but that's the price to pay for FDA drug approval.

Source:

https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/dogs-used-experiments-faq

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts
@thenation said:

it's hilarious that a generally well-respected scientist ( for decades under both R and D administrations ) is now the enemy of the rightnuts because he said people should wear masks and not cough on each other during a global pandemic

strange times we live in

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

How else do you gather data for LD50? Among other things...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@thenation said:

it's hilarious that a generally well-respected scientist ( for decades under both R and D administrations ) is now the enemy of the rightnuts because he said people should wear masks and not cough on each other during a global pandemic

strange times we live in

The current state of affairs is truly bizarre. The gap between the two parties in basic understanding has become so vast that they can't speak to each other. I don't mean "speak to each other in civil tones" but rather "speak to each other in ways each will understand."

Communication requires some foundation upon which the two parties agree on and can refer to. But we've lost that foundation on basic cornerstones such as scientific consensus and philosophical groundings.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@comp_atkins: Happens when a con man takes over. I dont havecan opinion on this.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I'd like to see evidence that the grant provided by the NIH says "please torture cute puppies k thanks" because what this sounds like is a BS hitpiece where the government is providing to a multitude of general scientific facilities for a broad spectrum of animal testing, and one of those facilities just happened to be particularly mean to animal subjects. And no, animal testing is not fun, and many animals are mistreated or euthanized, but there aren't many alternatives if we want medical treatment to advance (it's the law that most medications must pass animal trials before human trials).

Not to mention I somewhat doubt Fauci himself had anything to do with it, all the article can say is the grant came from his department.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@Vaasman said:

I'd like to see evidence that the grant provided by the NIH says "please torture cute puppies k thanks" because what this sounds like is a BS hitpiece where the government is providing to a multitude of general scientific facilities for a broad spectrum of animal testing, and one of those facilities just happened to be particularly mean to animal subjects. And no, animal testing is not fun, and many animals are mistreated or euthanized, but there aren't many alternatives if we want medical treatment to advance (it's the law that most medications must pass animal trials before human trials).

Not to mention I somewhat doubt Fauci himself had anything to do with it, all the article can say is the grant came from his department.

Oh no doubt. But the outrage man. Never mind things like the Rolling Stone investigation that shows members of Congress involved in planning January Sixth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@LJS9502_basic: I knew it was a red herring. Dont worry about whats going on over there, focus on this puppy.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

what with the seuss thing? why they made about that?

@Maroxad said:

Honestly, there is a reason pharma corporations are often portrayed as a villainous faction. However, it looks like this article has mostly been refuted at this point, so I will wait for more information for The Hill to back up their stance.

@LJS9502_basic said:
@thenation said:

I want to make a timeline showing various right wing outrage. But the graph is currently lacking a lot of information. But it shows very much just how hollow outrage culture is.

Here is my current work,

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Republicans selectively discover animal testing...how quaint.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#25 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Definitely not standard practice, techs just wear earplugs and house animals in sound proof rooms, so I wonder why they believe it was performed and how they documented this. But if you think that's bad, a lot of guard dogs kept on premises have the same thing done, and are perpetually chained on location and kept out in all kinds of weather.

It's definitely eye-catching to read for sure, I always presumed animal testing was mostly limited to rodents like rabbits/mice. Definitely a subject to dive further into and educate myself on.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SargentD

"Our investigators show that Fauci’s NIH division shipped part of a $375,800 grant to a lab in Tunisia to drug beagles and lock their heads in mesh cages filled with hungry sand flies so that the insects could eat them alive"

There has got to be a better way to test what ever drug they are trying to make..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@sargentd: Sounds fake….

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

GOP has been brushing aside 700k human deaths and all of a sudden they're crying animal abuse?

L O L

What a weak hit piece.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SargentD

@thenation: I hope it's fake, if that's real it's horrible and disgusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@sargentd: Doesnt sound real. Other than our investigators, what is there?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

I wonder if people will bring this up when Fauci makes a covid related recommendation.

"Can you trust this guy! Look at the type of research he is doing! We should take advice from the guy reccomending to drink desinfectant. He knows what's up."

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

OMG Republicans are getting woke now!!! Better late than never I guess.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@firedrakes:It has to do when they stopped selling a few books that contained racist material. There was a huge uproar about that.

@sargentd: It is disgusting indeed. This is why I have never been keen on Animal Testing. But at the same time, the results cannot be argued against. I did what I could though, and helped volunteer for scientific research, as a test subject.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@thenation said:

@eoten: citation needed

Loading Video...

Anyone who doesn't think it didn't come from a lab is kidding themselves. Even left wing commentators like Jon Stewart and Bill Maher (both of whom I think are amazing) agree it came from a lab.

Bats have been eaten for centuries. This video is so well done, and Colbert was cringing because he knows it doesn't fit the network's narrative.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@mysticaldonut: its messed up but its also true that the testing helped save lives. Can you blame fauci in that case?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

Fauci man bad!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

@comp_atkins said:

Fauci man bad!

Fauci derangement syndrome!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@sonic_spark: lol. You dont know when you are being made fun of. And who brought up the lab theory? Other than you.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@thenation said:

@sonic_spark: lol. You dont know when you are being made fun of. And who brought up the lab theory? Other than you.

Your response to eoten regarding the NIH funding the Wuhan Lab. Of which, the connection is there: https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/10/25/nih-wuhan-lab-experiments-holmes-dnt-the-lead-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus/

Being made fun of? By Jon Stewart? Don't deflect, this is not some right wing backwater conspiracy theory. It is a theory in which many prominent REAL liberals, not these progressive jokes, support.

Bill Maher: https://news.yahoo.com/bill-maher-blasts-big-tech-183200440.html

Jon Stewart explaining his appearance on Colbert: https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/jon-stewart-surprised-at-pushback-sharing-covid-19-lab-leak-theory

Biden official: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/16/politics/biden-intel-review-covid-origins/index.html

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@sonic_spark: Ok bud. Lol.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Eoten

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@mysticaldonut: its messed up but its also true that the testing helped save lives. Can you blame fauci in that case?

The only lives Fauci cares about is his own. And let's stop pretending that scientific experiments are always and only being conducted for the interest of the public, and not quite often for sick curiosity. Science has all too often been used for evil and nefarious things, so the idea many people have that we should always assume they know or are doing what's best or only act out of benevolence is extremely misguided. A lot of fucked up shit has been done in the name of science, let's not forget that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

The only lives Fauci cares about is his own. And let's stop pretending that scientific experiments are always and only being conducted for the interest of the public, and not quite often for sick curiosity. Science has all too often been used for evil and nefarious things, so the idea many people have that we should always assume they know or are doing what's best or only act out of benevolence is extremely misguided. A lot of fucked up shit has been done in the name of science, let's not forget that.

Arrogant to assume you know the motives of people whom you haven't even met.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

really odd i cant find much info on this site... which is telling itself.

hell the about page is so poorly done. it trips over itself.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

OP better not look up Anti-Tank Dogs or he'll pop a bolt.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Eoten
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Arrogant to assume you know the motives of people whom you haven't even met.

Yet, you're assuming his motives are selfless. I just look at his history. You'll see quite a lot of parallels to his actions of the past when compared to today.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/whitewashing-aids-history_b_4762295

No need to assume the motives he makes so apparent to anyone who has paid attention.