Betsy DeVos cries literally over criticism.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

The Hill

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos on Thursday said critics who claim she has failed to uphold the civil rights of students are "hurtful."

“It's hurtful to me when I’m criticized for not upholding the rights of students, the civil rights of students,” DeVos told a small group of media outlets, as reported by Politico.

“Nothing could be further from the truth,” she added. “I have to turn it back around and say why do I keep getting criticized for that? I mean, nothing that I’ve done would suggest otherwise.”

DeVos has faced heavy criticism for rolling back Obama-era Education Department guidelines.

In November it was reported that DeVos's agency was considering removing the word "systemic" from guidelines on how to probe civil rights violations, potentially making it less likely that the department would investigate longstanding institutional abuses.

Last month several civil rights groups sued DeVos and the Education Department over the decision to rescind sexual assault guidelines implemented by the Obama administration.

The complaint alleges that DeVos's new guidelines are built on "unfounded generalizations about women and girls, particularly their credibility regarding reported experiences of sexual harassment, including sexual violence."

DeVos said Thursday that she didn't think her new guidelines stopped or dissuaded victims of sexual assault from coming forward.

"I hope that nobody who has been involved in any kind of a sexual assault would feel in any way impeded from coming forward and telling their story. There's nothing about the guidance that would suggest or encourage that," she said.

Cry me a river, Betsy.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

Colleges shouldn't be doing such investigations, law enforcement should be. If you sexually assault someone getting expelled should be the least of your worries. Your mind should be wandering in the direction of being a prison *****.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I had to fire someone the other day because he had the same attitude that DeVos has.

"I Don't understand. What did I do wrong?"

That's why you get fired, folks; because you A.) can't see what you did wrong, B.) refuse to listen to reasons x, y, and z of why what you did was wrong when it has been explained to you for months, and C.) in the end, act like a whiny bitch.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

wait that quote is mind blowing:

“It's hurtful to me when I’m criticized for not upholding the rights of students, the civil rights of students,”

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KittenNose

@tryit said:

“It's hurtful to me when I’m criticized for not upholding the rights of students, the civil rights of students,”

If you keep reading, the reasoning is explained. It is only mind blowing if you take it out of context.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

If you keep reading, the reasoning is explained. It is only mind blowing if you take it out of context.

and well why shouldnt I take it out of context? the Right does that all the time

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KittenNose
@tryit said:

and well why shouldnt I take it out of context? the Right does that all the time

Because that kind of thinking is why our political discourse resembles reality television.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

Because that kind of thinking is why our political discourse resembles reality television.

and what is wrong with that? nation voted for a reality TV star. Why should a lefty take the moral high ground?

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KittenNose
@tryit said:

and what is wrong with that? nation voted for a reality TV star. Why should a lefty take the moral high ground?

If you want to know how we get people like trump in the white house, you need look no farther then sentiment like this.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TryIt

@kittennose said:
@tryit said:

If you want to know how we get people like trump in the white house, you need look no farther then sentiment like this.

so are you saying the left should take a moral high ground?

or are you saying the Trump is a bad president?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@nintendoboy16: It´s funny she get hurt over what a bunch of students say LOL

It´s like getting hurt over one of those nutjobs with the "world is ending" signs

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KittenNose

@tryit said:

so are you saying the left should take a moral high ground?

or are you saying the Trump is a bad president?

trump is a human dumpster fire and the left is too corrupt and incompetent to take the moral high ground.

People, in general, should avoid actions such as knowingly misrepresenting what someone is saying.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I don't think anybody on either side likes Betsy Devos.

ruthaford_jive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ruthaford_jive
Member since 2004 • 519 Posts

Whenever a politician starts weeping I'm immediately turned off. Besides, those Obama era college rules about rape allegations and investigations were crap. It's the cops job to investigate, not the damn school's job. They're not even qualified to investigate.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#16 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

And it gets worse, two Teachers Unions are blocked from complaining to DeVos.