Bernie Sanders cuts hours to pay staffers $15 minimum wage!

Avatar image for r-gamer
#1 Posted by R-Gamer (412 posts) -

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-announces-it-will-cut-hours-to-pay-staffers-15-minimum-wage-prompting-mockery?fbclid=IwAR0_6ROm1Rg_I2WKJYdwZ9f2tRQm5cKDq57CRglBImVQioB6vwyBd0nh5w8

I expect this to happen far more if it ever became something that was passed across the nation.

Avatar image for AlexKidd5000
#2 Edited by AlexKidd5000 (2975 posts) -

Bernies campaign offered his field workers 15 dollars an hour for a 60 hour work week, and they declined. So they settled on 40 hours. Typical of the corporate media, who hates Bernie more than hitler, to take something so minor, and try to blow it up into zomething it isn't.

Avatar image for r-gamer
#3 Posted by R-Gamer (412 posts) -

@AlexKidd5000: No. He cut thir hours to no more then 43 according to the link.

Avatar image for AlexKidd5000
#4 Edited by AlexKidd5000 (2975 posts) -

@r-gamer: 42 or 43 hours a week is still really good, said it is common for wages to dip below 15 an hour on presidential campaigns above 40 hours a week. And I do not trust any corporate media to not to spin this into something it isn't. The Washington post reported on this story first. And if you know anything about the recent history between them and Bernie, they absolutely twisted it. No controversy here. Move along.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#5 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (19131 posts) -

@AlexKidd5000 said:

Bernies campaign offered his field workers 15 dollars an hour for a 60 hour work week, and they declined. So they settled on 40 hours. Typical of the corporate media, who hates Bernie more than hitler, to take something so minor, and try to blow it up into zomething it isn't.

Exactly.

Look at the source of the article. LOL.

Avatar image for AlexKidd5000
#6 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (2975 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@AlexKidd5000 said:

Bernies campaign offered his field workers 15 dollars an hour for a 60 hour work week, and they declined. So they settled on 40 hours. Typical of the corporate media, who hates Bernie more than hitler, to take something so minor, and try to blow it up into zomething it isn't.

Exactly.

Look at the source of the article. LOL.

Funny that trump tards call the media fake news when it's about trump, but not when it's about bernie. Just shows how stupid and biased they are.

Avatar image for joebones5000
#7 Edited by joebones5000 (2617 posts) -

This is a wonderful demonstration of how triggered and completely out of touch with reality the right is. We have an article showing that Bernie Sanders pays his workers $15 / hr, gives them a 40+ hour work-week with overtime and great health insurance, and conservatives are trying to frame that as a bad thing,

If this isn't the perfect example of how completely stupid and absolutely nonsensical conservatives are, I don't know what is. Wow. Talk about reducing an argument to absurdity...

Avatar image for AlexKidd5000
#8 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (2975 posts) -

@joebones5000: Couldn't have said it better.

Avatar image for baelnergal
#9 Posted by BaelNergal (570 posts) -

$15 for more than 40 hours in a workweek?

How is that bad?

Avatar image for r-gamer
#10 Edited by R-Gamer (412 posts) -

@joebones5000: lol do you feel a $15 minimum wage would work in reality? If so I wouldn't be talking about being out of touch.

Lol also do you even know what triggered means?

Avatar image for horgen
#11 Posted by Horgen (120879 posts) -

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@r-gamer: 42 or 43 hours a week is still really good, said it is common for wages to dip below 15 an hour on presidential campaigns above 40 hours a week. And I do not trust any corporate media to not to spin this into something it isn't. The Washington post reported on this story first. And if you know anything about the recent history between them and Bernie, they absolutely twisted it. No controversy here. Move along.

42-43 hours a week is full time and more. Who agrees to 60 hours weeks unless they get a week off for every 2 weeks work? Or the last 20 hours are overtime hours...

Avatar image for AlexKidd5000
#12 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (2975 posts) -

@horgen: Yeah, I'm not sure if that part is even accurate.

Avatar image for judaspete
#13 Edited by judaspete (3069 posts) -

This is both communism and socialism!!!!

*Fox actually said this when AOC announced she would have paid internships in her office*

Avatar image for mattbbpl
#14 Edited by mattbbpl (17344 posts) -

@judaspete: link please

Avatar image for Vaasman
#15 Posted by Vaasman (13800 posts) -

@mattbbpl said:

@judaspete: link please

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/02/fox-news-ocasio-cortez-office-salaries-socialism.html Link with video

Avatar image for mattbbpl
#16 Posted by mattbbpl (17344 posts) -

@Vaasman: Thanks I'll watch it later. I hope it's as worthwhile as it sounded

Avatar image for Serraph105
#17 Posted by Serraph105 (33960 posts) -

So they get $15/hour and 40 hours a week. Thats what is commonly known as full time work.

Avatar image for joebones5000
#18 Posted by joebones5000 (2617 posts) -

@r-gamer said:

@joebones5000: lol do you feel a $15 minimum wage would work in reality? If so I wouldn't be talking about being out of touch.

Lol also do you even know what triggered means?

Triggered is what you are, which is why you posted that nonsensical question. There are places that are already at 15 and it's working fine. The restaurants and businesses that threatened to close down over it by and large did not. NYC is already $15 and the rest of the state will be in 2021. 14 more places will be $15 over the next 3 years.

No one with any common sense believes any of the right-wing bullshit arguments against a $15 minimum, so don't even bother.

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/2019/7/13/20690266/seattle-minimum-wage-15-dollars

Avatar image for judaspete
#19 Posted by judaspete (3069 posts) -

@Vaasman: Thanks for taking care of that for me :)

Avatar image for AlexKidd5000
#20 Edited by AlexKidd5000 (2975 posts) -

@judaspete said:

This is both communism and socialism!!!!

*Fox actually said this when AOC announced she would have paid internships in her office*

Fearmongering at it's worst! Just shows that even when progressives keep there word, and live up to there own message, the corporate media STILL won't have it! LOL!

Avatar image for r-gamer
#21 Edited by R-Gamer (412 posts) -

@joebones5000: Ok so you don't know what triggered is. Since you throw that word around every time you post I had to ask. And considering you're having a tantrum right now it's hard to debate you.

But here's the actual facts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/2019/07/10/the-unintended-consequences-of-the-15-minimum-wage/amp/

Avatar image for sonicare
#22 Posted by sonicare (56794 posts) -

@joebones5000 said:

This is a wonderful demonstration of how triggered and completely out of touch with reality the right is. We have an article showing that Bernie Sanders pays his workers $15 / hr, gives them a 40+ hour work-week with overtime and great health insurance, and conservatives are trying to frame that as a bad thing,

If this isn't the perfect example of how completely stupid and absolutely nonsensical conservatives are, I don't know what is. Wow. Talk about reducing an argument to absurdity...

The article I read was from CNN. And it was the campaign workers that higher level Sander's staffers were mad at because they leaked the details of their labor argument to the press. It was the campaign workers who claimed they were being paid less than 15$ per hour.

Avatar image for joebones5000
#23 Posted by joebones5000 (2617 posts) -

@sonicare said:
@joebones5000 said:

This is a wonderful demonstration of how triggered and completely out of touch with reality the right is. We have an article showing that Bernie Sanders pays his workers $15 / hr, gives them a 40+ hour work-week with overtime and great health insurance, and conservatives are trying to frame that as a bad thing,

If this isn't the perfect example of how completely stupid and absolutely nonsensical conservatives are, I don't know what is. Wow. Talk about reducing an argument to absurdity...

The article I read was from CNN. And it was the campaign workers that higher level Sander's staffers were mad at because they leaked the details of their labor argument to the press. It was the campaign workers who claimed they were being paid less than 15$ per hour.

The article linked by the OP was a fox news link.

Avatar image for joebones5000
#24 Posted by joebones5000 (2617 posts) -

@r-gamer said:

@joebones5000: Ok so you don't know what triggered is. Since you throw that word around every time you post I had to ask. And considering you're having a tantrum right now it's hard to debate you.

But here's the actual facts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/2019/07/10/the-unintended-consequences-of-the-15-minimum-wage/amp/

You're triggered while attempting to project your triggered-ness on to me.. OMFGLOL

Avatar image for AlexKidd5000
#25 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (2975 posts) -

So this just in, bernie's campaign workers are getting payed MORE than $15 an hour.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
#26 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (7232 posts) -

Lol, fox news. It was sketchy as soon before I even thought about clicking the link. There's websites out there that don't deserve a click. Fox news is on that list

Avatar image for vl4d_l3nin
#27 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (1914 posts) -

Bernie! Marx on the streets, Hayek in the sheets!

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the person(s) who filed the complaint were moles from the Dem establishment trying to tarnish Bernie. This is their MO

Avatar image for AlexKidd5000
#28 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (2975 posts) -
@vl4d_l3nin said:

Bernie! Marx on the streets, Hayek in the sheets!

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the person(s) who filed the complaint were moles from the Dem establishment trying to tarnish Bernie. This is their MO

That is strongly suspected that they were moles.