Arizona Starbucks under fire for asking police officers to leave the premises - have since apologized for the incident

• 70 results
HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@heathen75 said:

My last 2 sentences were "Cops are just regular people like you and me. Some are good and some aren't."

You follow that up with "So are you really trying to negate a few bad experiences to everyone in the force?"

That takes a special kind of stupid.

I disregarded your last comment since they were completely contrary to the rest of your post, so I assumed you either missed something or just forgot to remove it.

But this makes me unsure why you even tried to comment on my post? since you seem to be in complete agreement with the fact that 99% of the police is pretty decent.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-florida-officer-allegedly-planted-180952213.html

Here is a little story about 120 people who no longer trust the police and for a very good reason.

This is why you should not blindly trust a cop. You should not blindly trust anyone in life.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@heathen75 said:
@Jacanuk said:

What an absolute terrible barista and he should definitely lose his job over this.

But typical leftist, they want to be protected when they need it and when they don´t they are against the very same individuals who serve and protect the community.

And this is how these police officers should be treated.

"When those officers entered the store and a customer raised a concern over their presence, they should have been welcomed and treated with dignity and the utmost respect by our partners (employees). Instead, they were made to feel unwelcome and disrespected, which is completely unacceptable," Rossann Williams, the company's executive vice president,

I thought the right wanted a world where you could refuse business to whoever you wanted?

only if they were gay cops

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@mattbbpl said:

@Solaryellow: "Lets talk turkey. Would it fly if a white person pulled the "I don't feel safe with a black person""

They just call the cops about a suspicious character in that case.

What about the fallout?

In most cases, you'll never hear about it. It might make the local news in some cases depending on the locale, but it usually dies quietly.

Case in point, I found nearly the precise inverse of this story via a quick search.

Link

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

In most cases you'll never hear about it but the example you link was on Vox? You are aware that specific incident made national news, yes?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#55 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@mattbbpl said:
@Solaryellow said:
@mattbbpl said:

@Solaryellow: "Lets talk turkey. Would it fly if a white person pulled the "I don't feel safe with a black person""

They just call the cops about a suspicious character in that case.

What about the fallout?

In most cases, you'll never hear about it. It might make the local news in some cases depending on the locale, but it usually dies quietly.

Case in point, I found nearly the precise inverse of this story via a quick search.

Link

No, you did not find the precise inverse

I hope can tell the difference between law enforcement officers being asked to leave and someone calling the police to what they assume is suspicious individuals.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mattbbpl

@Solaryellow: If that's the type of fallout you're fallout you're referring to, then it matches what happened here. If you'd like, I can pull up plenty of other instances. There are no shortages of them.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk: "I hope can tell the difference between law enforcement officers being asked to leave and someone calling the police to what they assume is suspicious individuals."

*Assumed to be suspicious because they were black*

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Solaryellow

@mattbbpl said:

@Solaryellow: If that's the type of fallout you're fallout you're referring to, then it matches what happened here. If you'd like, I can pull up plenty of other instances. There are no shortages of them.

In post #53 you stated "In most cases, you'll never hear about it. It might make the local news in some cases depending on the locale, but it usually dies quietly." You followed that statement up with an example where it went nationwide.

The type of fallout I am mentioning is when a white person feels threatened by a black person. The fallout is usually fierce with the typical race card being pulled rather than acting as if it wasn't a big deal.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#60  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49566 Posts

@drunk_pi: You can disagree without being disagreeable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Starbucks discriminates to all groups. People just dont see it. Theyre stressed to have a diverse staff, if possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#62 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Honestly, it's not starbucks. It's some asshole employee of theirs. Just like the guy that called the cops on the 2 black gentlemen at a starbucks. It's not company policy to kick out police officers or racially discriminate. You cant predict what some people will do, so I dont blame starbucks.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The Tempe police aren't saints, they have a history of scandals. With how a lot of police departments treat people of colour and other minorities in the US, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone "uncomfortable" with five of them in one place at one time.

Personally, I would just leave, and I'm not sure why the Starbucks employee fulfilled their request.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

@Rockman999:

Bruh, I would seek out a therapist ASAP. That kind of spiteful attitude is exactly why racism exists.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Solaryellow

@foxhound_fox said:

The Tempe police aren't saints, they have a history of scandals. With how a lot of police departments treat people of colour and other minorities in the US, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone "uncomfortable" with five of them in one place at one time.

Personally, I would just leave, and I'm not sure why the Starbucks employee fulfilled their request.

Is any of said treatment ever brought upon themselves or is it just the usual racism infiltrating law enforcement?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jacanuk
@heathen75 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@heathen75 said:

My last 2 sentences were "Cops are just regular people like you and me. Some are good and some aren't."

You follow that up with "So are you really trying to negate a few bad experiences to everyone in the force?"

That takes a special kind of stupid.

I disregarded your last comment since they were completely contrary to the rest of your post, so I assumed you either missed something or just forgot to remove it.

But this makes me unsure why you even tried to comment on my post? since you seem to be in complete agreement with the fact that 99% of the police is pretty decent.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-florida-officer-allegedly-planted-180952213.html

Here is a little story about 120 people who no longer trust the police and for a very good reason.

This is why you should not blindly trust a cop. You should not blindly trust anyone in life.

Well, your last comment is kinda sad but also very true.

Fact of life is that you can only blindly trust yourself. Everyone else will almost certainly at one point f you over.

But we can agree that some police officers are bad but most are good guys and if you treat them with respect and respect the law, you will 99 times out of a 100 never go wrong.

@mattbbpl said:

@Jacanuk: "I hope can tell the difference between law enforcement officers being asked to leave and someone calling the police to what they assume is suspicious individuals."

Again let´s examine the two situations.

One is a Barista that calls the police on someone = Police just doing their job.

Second is a Barista asking police officers who are just having a coffee break to leave because a snowflake is a snowflake.

Again I hope you are aware of the difference and that you are trying to compare apples to oranges if you try to do = between the two.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

One is a Barista that calls the police on someone = Police just doing their job.

Second is a Barista asking police officers who are just having a coffee break to leave because a snowflake is a snowflake.

Again I hope you are aware of the difference and that you are trying to compare apples to oranges if you try to do = between the two.

I hope you can see that the only difference between the two situations is who is in power.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Jacanuk
@mattbbpl said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

I hope you can see that the only difference between the two situations is who is in power.

What are you talking about?

Are you trying to argue against the cops or against the barista something here because you are making zero sense?

The first situation is some wisecrack barista telling cops to leave because they are cops.

Your brought up situation is of a barista calling the cops and 2 cops who are doing nothing wrong and just doing their job

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

Are you trying to argue against the cops or against the barista something here because you are making zero sense?

The first situation is some wisecrack barista telling cops to leave because they are cops.

Your brought up situation is of a barista calling the cops [to remove two black people] and 2 cops who are doing nothing wrong and just doing their job

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#71 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49566 Posts
@mattbbpl said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

Your brought up situation is of a barista calling the cops [to remove two black people] and 2 cops who are doing nothing wrong and just doing their job

While I understand the draw to reach for a racial brush, especially when pre-conceived mantra and virtue signaling reigns high in these sort of viral "scenarios", you tend to lose the forest among the trees. Especially when a routine trespassing in progress call for service comes out regarding two subjects inside a business who were not paying customers and refused to leave after being asked too. They further refused to leave when directed by law enforcement, hence why they were arrested based on the likelihood of a crime continuing (misd arrest). I literally handle sometimes up to three of these types of calls for service a shift, some even at Starbucks still.

So you have one situation of a misdemeanor crime occurring, and another situation where six paying customers are asked to leave because of ... "teh police are scury on teh furth of july?"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl: @Stevo_the_gamer:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

While I understand the draw to reach for a racial brush, especially when pre-conceived mantra and virtue signaling reigns high in these sort of viral "scenarios", you tend to lose the forest among the trees. Especially when a routine trespassing in progress call for service comes out regarding two subjects inside a business who were not paying customers and refused to leave after being asked too. They further refused to leave when directed by law enforcement, hence why they were arrested based on the likelihood of a crime continuing (misd arrest). I literally handle sometimes up to three of these types of calls for service a shift, some even at Starbucks still.

So you have one situation of a misdemeanor crime occurring, and another situation where six paying customers are asked to leave because of ... "teh police are scury on teh furth of july?"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is exactly the point Matt seems to miss.

He seems to miss that the police are responding to a call from a Starbucks where 2 individuals felt they had the right no matter what the Store´s personal said to stay inside without buying anything Is not at all comparable to someone asking paying customers to leave because they are being snowflakes and decided that police = bad people.