Are there people who still think the President isn't a racist?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

people know he is, all people who support him are.

they just are in denial or being coward about the truth

that comment should go over well but yeah..that is how i see it

EDIT: There is another possibility with Trump voters, some might not be racist only because they are so blinded by their love of authoritarian figures that they dont see it, but for the most part just racist.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

According to the internet, people of color can't be racist

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@drlostrib said:

According to the internet, people of color can't be racist

everyone is a person of color and the vast majority of people are racist.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Haiti isn't a shithole? Since when?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@drlostrib: So because Trump is orange he can't be racist?

:-P

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DrLostRib

@mattbbpl said:

@drlostrib: So because Trump is orange he can't be racist?

:-P

XD

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

We have a racist as president, and the GOP has decided to quietly be okay with it and not acknowledge it.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

I think Trump is a blank slate who believes whatever people around him believe, or whatever he thinks they want him to believe. And unfortunately, the people around him are a giant bowl of dicks.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

@judaspete said:

I think Trump is a blank slate who believes whatever people around him believe, or whatever he thinks they want him to believe. And unfortunately, the people around him are a giant bowl of dicks.

That's true up to a point. He's also a rich white dude from the 50's. Some of that shit is just baked in.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

If Trump is wondering why people from Norway don't want to come here he need look no further than himself and his administration's ability to govern.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

I still havent seen any actual evidence that he is a racist. I dont like the dude, but hes caught more flak than any other public figure since Obamas first term.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@drrollinstein said:

I still havent seen any actual evidence that he is a racist. I dont like the dude, but hes caught more flak than any other public figure since Obamas first term.

And he deserves all of it. People play Trump the victim without any reflection as to why he's treated like such a piece of shit. Perhaps it's because he acts like one? No that can't be it, he's just like all previous presidents in decorum and should be accorded the same respect. Trump's defenders are just like the parents of a school bully who have no trouble with the way their kids acts towards others but then immediately go crying to the principal of the school about unfair treatment when their child comes home with a bloody nose when someone no longer decides to take any of their shit.

Trump gets everything he deserves and his supporters can **** off with their persecution complex (this isn't directed at you, btw, a general statement). If he or his base believes he desires to be given less flak or accorded any degree of respect, perhaps he should begin acting like a respectable adult.

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

Haiti is indeed a shithole.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Yeah Trump doesn't even deserve media coverage except to expose his lousy political opinions and let us know when he gets impeached.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Calling shithole countries "shitholes" is racist now?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrLostRib

@drrollinstein said:

Didn't he get in trouble with the federal government for discriminatory housing practices?

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts
@drlostrib said:

Didn't he get in trouble with the federal government for discriminatory housing practices?

Was that before 2011? If we are counting evidence from before 2011 just about every Democrat is incredibly homophobic.

If we are going back before 2008 they are all suuuuuper racist, particularly against Hispanics and Muslims.

If we are going back much more then they also hate black people. Back in the 90s you could say a lot of stuff about black folks you can no longer get away with saying. Particularly when talking about gangs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@SOedipus said:

He was insulting the immigrants who come from those countries.

How can you find this acceptable?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@perfect_blue said:
@SOedipus said:

He was insulting the immigrants who come from those countries.

How can you find this acceptable?

I never wrote that it was acceptable. I asked a question. If they weren't shitholes, people wouldn't be leaving them.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@perfect_blue Should have at least have some from the article to back up your claim.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to countries mentioned by the lawmakers.

Trump then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries such as Norway, whose prime minister he met with Wednesday. The president, according to a White House official, also suggested he would be open to more immigrants from Asian countries because he felt they help the United States economically.

In addition, the president singled out Haiti, telling lawmakers that immigrants from that country must be left out of any deal, these people said.

“Why do we need more Haitians?” Trump said, according to people familiar with the meeting. “Take them out.”

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@judaspete said:

Bullshit. He's a racist, sexist ass. Don't blame others for that.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#24 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Haiti isn't a shithole? Since when?

Because it's so something you want a president to say as witness to hundreds of other countries.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@SOedipus said:

Countries are races now.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Mr Trump is not a white supremacist. He repeated his criticism of neo-Nazis and spoke out against the murder of Heather Heyer. Even so, his unsteady response contains a terrible message for Americans. Far from being the saviour of the Republic, their president is politically inept, morally barren and temperamentally unfit for office.

From an Economist article, during the whole Charlottesville incident.

I don't think Donald Trump is a racist, I think he is just unable to extend any form of compassion or understanding towards anyone not in his own radius.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I don't really care that Trump thinks Haiti is a shithole (it is), I care that he was dumb enough to get caught saying that.

I don't expect any politician to be a saint--and quite honestly I don't trust the ones that claim to be one--but I do expect them to be politically savvy, smart enough to put up a polite front when dealing with anyone that isn't their enemy, and cunning against anyone that is.

Trump lacks all of this shit.

@R3FURBISHED said:

Mr Trump is not a white supremacist. He repeated his criticism of neo-Nazis and spoke out against the murder of Heather Heyer. Even so, his unsteady response contains a terrible message for Americans. Far from being the saviour of the Republic, their president is politically inept, morally barren and temperamentally unfit for office.

From an Economist article, during the whole Charlottesville incident.

I don't think Donald Trump is a racist, I think he is just unable to extend any form of compassion or understanding towards anyone not in his own radius.

Yeah that is a good quote, summarizes my thoughts on the creature perfectly.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

Serious question dow: Can someone please show me the quote where he actually made racist comments against a race of people? Like, hateful words clearly directed at a race of people for the color of their skin? As in, not aimed at a geographical location, but a whole race.

I mean, there's all these people claiming racism, and if true then of course we need to know about it, but I really need proof on this considering how serious the claim is. Gimme the quote please.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I mean, he's not wrong about it being a shithole.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MirkoS77

@Miyomatic said:

Serious question dow: Can someone please show me the quote where he actually made racist comments against a race of people? Like, hateful words clearly directed at a race of people for the color of their skin? As in, not aimed at a geographical location, but a whole race.

I mean, there's all these people claiming racism, and if true then of course we need to know about it, but I really need proof on this considering how serious the claim is. Gimme the quote please.

Why are explicit quotes necessary to exemplify racism? Why wouldn't, say, his discriminatory actions against black renters in the past (for which he was sued and lost) not indicative of it? Also, I've posted this video a few times. I'm still yet to hear an answer on why Trump decided to retweet something that was so wildly off the mark statistically that painted blacks in a terrible light. Not racist? Then what was the motivation?

Loading Video...

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

On another note, does he honestly think Norwegians would want to emigrate to the USA these days? Lol.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gaming-Planet
@mandzilla said:

On another note, does he honestly think Norwegians would want to emigrate to the USA these days? Lol.

If they're being decimated by migrants, I would.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

How does one become "decimated by migrants"?

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mandzilla  Moderator

@Gaming-Planet said:
@mandzilla said:

So you would give up universal healthcare, free higher education, paid maternity and sick leave, 5 weeks of holidays a year, stronger labour unions, gun control, higher levels of income and gender equality, and vastly superior infrastructure, because Norway is being 'decimated by migrants'? Even though the USA has a greater percentage of migrants living there.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KittenNose
@MirkoS77 said:

Why are explicit quotes necessary to exemplify racism? Why wouldn't, say, his discriminatory actions against black renters in the past (for which he was sued and lost) not indicative of it? Also, I've posted this video a few times. I'm still yet to hear an answer on why Trump decided to retweet something that was so wildly off the mark statistically that painted blacks in a terrible light. Not racist? Then what was the motivation?

So evidence from the 70s does count?

Well then that is settled, both parties are packed to the rafters with bigots. Why you care about this one in particular?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gaming-Planet
@mandzilla said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@mandzilla said:

So you would give up universal healthcare, free higher education, paid maternity and sick leave, 5 weeks of holidays a year, stronger labour unions, gun control, higher levels of income and gender equality, and vastly superior infrastructure, because Norway is being 'decimated by migrants'? Even though the USA has a greater percentage of migrants living there.

Yes, because all of those systems will fail eventually when the freeloaders do nothing.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mandzilla  Moderator

@R3FURBISHED said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

How does one become "decimated by migrants"?

The number of immigrants from everywhere in the world to Norway, not including the EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand within the total population as of 2017 is 383,666, or a little over 7%. So that does not even meet the literal definition of being decimated. Now if you added the 341,321 from those other countries you get to just over 13% of Norway's population. In which case you could say Norway is being decimated by migrants, assuming you are including the white ones also. On the other hand you might realise that this kind of assessment is simply ridiculous. Norway ranked as the happiest place on earth last year, so I think they're doing just fine.

https://www.ssb.no/en/befolkning/statistikker/innvbef

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mandzilla  Moderator

@Gaming-Planet said:
@mandzilla said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@mandzilla said:

Yes, because all of those systems will fail eventually when the freeloaders do nothing.

What freeloaders are you referring to? People have been immigrating to Norway for centuries, and the sky hasn't fallen down. Their systems are built upon sound thinking and hard work. I don't see them failing anytime soon.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MirkoS77

@kittennose: because it’s the topic of discussion? “They’re too!” doesn’t negate the relevant point here and the question that is being asked.

And as far as I’m aware, that retweet Trump made and his pathetic (non) justification of “Hey, well, Bill, can I check everything?” isn’t from the 70s, and remains unexplained by his base as to why he would retweet something so inaccurate that effectively shits on blacks, at least so far as I’ve seen.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

While I do think Trump is a racist. I don't think this is particularly compelling evidence towards it. Nationality is not a race.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Immigration is supposed to be a benefit to the country and it's citizens, not a welfare program for the rest of the world's excess population.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KittenNose

@MirkoS77 said:

@kittennose: because it’s the topic of discussion? “They’re too!” doesn’t negate the relevant point here and the question that is being asked.

And as far as I’m aware, that retweet Trump made and his pathetic (non) justification of “Hey, well, Bill, can I check everything?” isn’t from the 70s, and remains unexplained by his base as to why he would retweet something so inaccurate that effectively shits on blacks, at least so far as I’ve seen.

How does pointing out that both sides are infested with bigots negate any point? Unless you are going to pretend that bigotry is rare among our elected officials, it just adds the name of almost every major politician to your naughty list.

And the rental thing happened in the 70s. You might want to brush up on the facts of the case if you are going to invoke it.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Speaking of Norway......

Why does it appear that some people in this forum think it's okay for Norway to deport illegal immigrants while it's not okay for the US to do the same?

Looking at some past videos of deportations in Europe, they seem far more heavy-handed than anything I've seen done by the US Border Patrol.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MirkoS77

@kittennose said:
@MirkoS77 said:

How does pointing out that both sides are infested with bigots negate any point? Unless you are going to pretend that bigotry is rare among our elected officials, it just adds the name of almost every major politician to your naughty list.

And the rental thing happened in the 70s. You might want to brush up on the facts of the case if you are going to invoke it.

You bringing up the kitchen sink of collective bigotry in our elected officials doesn't negate demonstrating the point in the singular respective to Trump's action not only with his history of discrimination (both in housing and at casinos), which from what I can ascertain is the only reason you'd mention it. It is an irrelevant point and a deflection, but one that even if I were to concede to would hold absolutely no bearing on what this thread is about or the validity of my own. So what if there are other bigots? Does that mean Trump isn't one if there are?

And for the second time, the video I posted is ignored.....how telling. Why don't you actually address that and give me a reason (excuse) as to why Trump deemed it suitable to retweet crime statistics that were laughably off the mark in painting blacks in such a poor light through the false victimization of whites by them? Not race related? Then why did he do it?

This is what's so amusing. For all those of his base so continually incredulous and indignant as to the proclamations of Trump's racial prejudices, they appear entirely oblivious as to why some people view him as such. Christ, even Bill O'Reilly was ingenuous enough to see it and how it reflected upon Trump in placing him in a racist light and handing ammunition to the Left, yet apparently you nor anyone else of his supporters are capable. Or if you are, it's dismissed with, "look, bigotry's over there!".

Great, so Trump being a racist has been established, because that does nothing to challenge the assertion.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KittenNose
@MirkoS77 said:

You bringing up the kitchen sink of collective bigotry in our electorate doesn't negate demonstrating the point in the singular respective to Trump's action not only with his history of discrimination (both in housing and at casinos). It is, in fact, irrelevant and a deflection, but one that even if I were to concede to would hold absolutely no bearing on what this thread is about or the validity of my point. So what if they're other bigots? Does that mean Trump isn't one if there are?

And for the third time, the video I posted is ignored.....how telling. Why don't you actually address that and give me a reason (excuse) as to why Trump deemed it suitable to retweet crime statistics that were laughably off the mark in painting blacks in such a poor light in the worst of offenses? Not race related? Then why did he do it?

Y'know, for all those of his base so continually incredulous and indignant as to the proclamations of Trump's racial prejudices, they appear entirely oblivious as to why some people view him as such. Christ, even Bill O'Reilly was ingenuous enough to see it and how it reflected upon Trump in placing him in a racist light, yet apparently you nor anyone else of his supporters are capable.

Or if you are, it's dismissed with, "look, bigotry's over there!". Great, so Trump being a racist has been established.

Okay I am just going to ask since you are so focused on the video:

What possible interest could I have in watching a fox news clip in order to defend a politician from the charge of bigotry?

It is my position that such criticisms should be leveled against the the overwhelming majority of politicians, as most of them have decades of proud bigotry behind them. Your expectation that I will give you some sort of rational explanation to excuse a politician's idiocy is just freaking weird. I mean I am sure I could if I tried, your description is weak, but my goal is to make your outrage less selective. Why da fluff would I try to extinguish that outrage?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@kittennose said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Deflection. sigh trump apologists never answer the question.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KittenNose

@LJS9502_basic said:

Keep trollin' friend

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@kittennose said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Keep trollin' friend

I don't troll. You just don't like when we see through you.............

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KittenNose
@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't troll. You just don't like when we see through you.............

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic

@kittennose: Yeah we do laugh at your posts. Now get a clue.