Anti-maskers rant in Arizona store video

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

10057

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Viral video captures an anti-mask tirade that got so out of hand, the ranter’s son had to pick him up and haul him out of an Arizona store. “You’re a bunch of idiots wearing masks, you know it’s not real,” the unidentified man is seen jawing inside the Sprouts Farmer’s Market in Tucson.

This country is embarrassing AF. BTW his son was the one that dragged him out of the store lol.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

58450

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58450 Posts

lol "anti-masker" and "Sprouts customer" is a contradiction. Sprouts is like cheap Whole Foods, but same type; health nuts and liberals.

Good on his son, though. Also hilarious. Bless his heart.

"These people won't learn" oh the irony.

Grown man calling people a bunch of p****** while being carried out by his son was also a nice touch.

It just goes to show that all this trolling and offending the right thinks they do is not trolling or offending; it's just downright hilarious and at worst a bit embarrassing. In the end we are all having a good laugh though.

Avatar image for marleywhatkid
marleywhatkid

34

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 marleywhatkid
Member since 2020 • 34 Posts

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/558376053803806884/

Avatar image for comp_atkins
comp_atkins

38684

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

lol at the amount of anger something so fucking trivial invokes in some people.

how on earth do these tender little kittens survive daily life??

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

21607

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

far right guys are the biggest snowflakes.

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

9416

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9416 Posts

@thegreatchomp said:

Guys like that are why I detest the right. The right has gone from just having different views to being flat out dangerous.

Yeah people like that are a liability in times like these.

You can't have free without the dumb.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

2126

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

@pyro1245: The dead aren’t free, remember that. An important part of being free is being healthy.

Avatar image for Vaasman
Vaasman

15584

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#9 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15584 Posts

This is what happens when we embrace anti-intellectualism. When trolls are allowed to have a platform unopposed we get ignorant people who think what the trolls say is valid. Then they get further empowered by watching asshats on their "news" network scream at each other, and they think that is functional discourse that should be allowed in every day life.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

9716

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#10 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

It’s amazing to me how many adults never really grew up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

937

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

It’s amazing to me how many adults never really grew up.

If they can be president, why would they?

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
br0kenrabbit

17878

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#12 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

It’s amazing to me how many adults never really grew up.

Some people peak in high school. It's sad.

Avatar image for meganorm64
MegaNorm64

48

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#13 MegaNorm64
Member since 2020 • 48 Posts

You know what would be good? If people just started coughing and sneezing around these no maskers. Let natural selection do its thing.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

178860

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

Lately I'm embarrassed to be an American. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

10057

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#15 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Lately I'm embarrassed to be an American. :(

Yeah, we are a national embarrassment thanks to bunkerboy and his fanboys.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

49581

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#16 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts

Saldly, law enforcement gets called to deal with these sort of annoyances because people can't be decent human beings.

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

2247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#17 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

It makes me wonder what’s the percentage of Americans that refuse to wear face masks?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

10057

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#18 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@kadin_kai said:

It makes me wonder what’s the percentage of Americans that refuse to wear face masks?

45 percent according to this Forbes article from May.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnbbrandon/2020/05/06/a-doctor-explains-why-45-of-all-americans-refuse-to-wear-a-protective-mask/#298b140f213d

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

2247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#19 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@warmblur said:
@kadin_kai said:

It makes me wonder what’s the percentage of Americans that refuse to wear face masks?

45 percent according to this Forbes article from May.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnbbrandon/2020/05/06/a-doctor-explains-why-45-of-all-americans-refuse-to-wear-a-protective-mask/#298b140f213d

Wow that’s a lot! I thought it was going to be around 5% give or take.

Are you in the US, is that roughly the sort of figure you see?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

10057

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@kadin_kai said:
@warmblur said:
@kadin_kai said:

It makes me wonder what’s the percentage of Americans that refuse to wear face masks?

45 percent according to this Forbes article from May.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnbbrandon/2020/05/06/a-doctor-explains-why-45-of-all-americans-refuse-to-wear-a-protective-mask/#298b140f213d

Wow that’s a lot! I thought it was going to be around 5% give or take.

Are you in the US, is that roughly the sort of figure you see?

Yeah, I'm from the States people here mostly where mask where I am New York. It's the southern States that are the ones least to where a mask.

Avatar image for mattbbpl
mattbbpl

23048

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts

@warmblur said:

Yeah, I'm from the States people here mostly where mask where I am in New York. It's the southern States that are the ones least to where a mask.

Don't forget us Midwesterners! We said goodbye to my mother in law this morning before they took her off the ventilator. Much of the family has been publicly calling it a hoax and hosting gatherings/parties as usual until about 3 weeks ago when they all came down with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

10057

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#22 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@warmblur said:

Yeah, I'm from the States people here mostly where mask where I am in New York. It's the southern States that are the ones least to where a mask.

Don't forget us Midwesterners! We said goodbye to my mother in law this morning before they took her off the ventilator. Much of the family has been publicly calling it a hoax and hosting gatherings/parties as usual until about 3 weeks ago when they all came down with it.

Sorry to hear that man.

Avatar image for mattbbpl
mattbbpl

23048

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts

@warmblur: It's alright, it is what it is. My nuclear family has been preparing for it for months, it wasn't a shock to us.

Avatar image for gaeandilth
gaeandilth

802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24 gaeandilth
Member since 2010 • 802 Posts

Some people are not wearing a mask out of pure protest. Because the shut downs the requiring masks and all that is just a taste of how out of control government power has become. If this Virus was much worse next we would have intern camps for the sick and mass burning of corpses like out of some disaster movie. I go fishing i do not wear a mask. I am not going within 6 feet of anyone anyway. But what is funny it is always the people wearing masks that walk up within 6 feet of me. Or you ever see a big family walking into the store(guidelines say to shop solo) all wearing masks. They ignore the guidelines more then the people not wearing masks do.

This ignoring of guidelines is the real problem. Only need to wear a mask if you HAVE to break the other guidelines like social distancing. People acting like a mask is a hazmat suit. You wearing a mask in Wal Mart and bring your entire family or even just your wife/husband or touch everything in the store you are the problem. Have seen 80+ year old couples in a buffet wearing a mask and gloves. Think that is a good idea? But they are 80 i do not tell them they should not go to a buffet at all because it is THEIR life to live and they have lived long enough to deserve that right.

Back in the early days of this virus experts and politicians both said we are never going to stop this virus in time. All we can do is slow it down. We accomplished that. And just like predicted it is tearing through the population there is no stopping it. I mean look at the flu we have studied it and vaccinated for it. And it is still out there we have never beaten it. Most die out eventually because it is easier to get herd immunity when the virus is not as contagious as covid.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

21607

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#25  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@gaeandilth said:

Some people are not wearing a mask out of pure protest. Because the shut downs the requiring masks and all that is just a taste of how out of control government power has become. If this Virus was much worse next we would have intern camps for the sick and mass burning of corpses like out of some disaster movie. I go fishing i do not wear a mask. I am not going within 6 feet of anyone anyway. But what is funny it is always the people wearing masks that walk up within 6 feet of me. Or you ever see a big family walking into the store(guidelines say to shop solo) all wearing masks. They ignore the guidelines more then the people not wearing masks do.

Uhh okay. Anyway wear masks everyone. The right was wrong on this and continues to hold most people and protests who are wrong on this.

@gaeandilth said:

Back in the early days of this virus experts and politicians both said we are never going to stop this virus in time. All we can do is slow it down. We accomplished that. And just like predicted it is tearing through the population there is no stopping it. I mean look at the flu we have studied it and vaccinated for it. And it is still out there we have never beaten it. Most die out eventually because it is easier to get herd immunity when the virus is not as contagious as covid.

We "accomplished" it very very poorly. Worse than most nations. It's still pretty bad.

Avatar image for gaeandilth
gaeandilth

802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 gaeandilth
Member since 2010 • 802 Posts

@zaryia: The right was wrong? When has the right said do not wear a mask? Even Trump says wear a mask but he is not FORCING you too. He left it up to the states which is what a President is supposed to do. Not a single time has Trump suggested that you should not wear a mask.

And again we been in this discussion before. We are only even partially bad in Democrat run cities. We are 8th overall in deaths per capita. I am sure if you look up the deaths per capita in republican run states we are not even in the top 20 countries.

The virus is to blame here you can not monday morning quarterback and say what could of been. And everything Trump has done was advise and warn. He is not MANDATING anything. Which is how freedom works. Has been republicans that mandated and I think that is wrong too.

And Trump not pushing the mask wearing probably saved a lot of lives. Because if he would of pushed it and been really serious on wearing a mask the democrats would not of wore them out of spite. Because that is how they roll if Trump supports it they oppose it. They would of found some so-called expert to say that wearing a mask was dangerous and did not do anything.

If Trump endorses a treatment the Democrats immediately go see what they can find to twist it to sound like its bad. Like the malaria medicine. They even went as far to say it was dangerous and listed the side effects but conveniently left out that most of those side effects only happen if you use it improperly and the other side effects were milder then aspirin' side effects.

The passive aggressive, shaming, Irritating way Democrats deal with masks is why there are people that refuse to wear them. IF they would of shut the hell up and quit playing politics there would be a lot more people wearing masks on their own And maybe give people all the facts not just ones that further their agenda.

Because as I am trying to explain it is a whole bunch of guidelines that are MUCH more important then wearing a mask which the typical democrat ignores or does not even know about.

And btw the media is lying to you about the virus anyway. If you watch any news even FOX they talk like the entire country is locked down and everyone stuck in their house. That is just not true. Big cities sure but most other places barely even a difference. I have been from IL to florida twice since march. In march it was a pain no indoor dining most business closed and even my fishing spot got closed. In June however every single state on the way there IL,KY, GA(except atlanta), AL, FL not only had the majority of businesses open but had indoor dining and even BUFFETS.

But during that time period when we were locked down people were more at risk then now. Wal Mart for example closed all but 1 entrance to have someone watching to make sure everyone wore a mask(most took mask off once inside anyway). But endangered more people with this policy then not wearing a mask would of done by far. This is exactly backwards of what should of been done. This was not Trump this was that fake concern democrats do all the time.

Point is trust the people to do the right thing and you will be more successful then trying to force them. Vietnam went so bad because we pushed government power too far(and I do realize this was republicans) When we should of treated people like adults and let them choose. 100 soldiers willing to fight better then 1000 forced to(Russia should of learned that in WW2).

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

21607

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@gaeandilth said:

@zaryia: The right was wrong?

Yes. Most anti-mask politics comes from the right. These people are objectively wrong. (Like in the video in the OP)

  1. https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2020/06/25/republicans-democrats-move-even-further-apart-in-coronavirus-concerns/
  2. https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-07-29-20-intl/h_34c156a8a28f358908b8861be2fa4849
  3. https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/politics/donald-trump-michigan-gretchen-whitmer-protests/index.html
  4. https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-07-19/since-when-did-being-a-republican-require-stupidity-on-masks
  5. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/29/face-masks-us-politics-coronavirus
@gaeandilth said:

And Trump not pushing the mask wearing probably saved a lot of lives.

What am I reading.

Fact is Trump failed (and not just him, I agree many Governors failed as well). His lack of a strong national plan and acting months too late made USA have one of the worst repossessions to covid-19. Many deaths on his hands according to the experts and studies. I say we vote him out as well as several Governors.

@gaeandilth said:

Point is trust the people to do the right thing and you will be more successful then trying to force them. Vietnam went so bad because we pushed government power too far(and I do realize this was republicans) When we should of treated people like adults and let them choose. 100 soldiers willing to fight better then 1000 forced to(Russia should of learned that in WW2).

Nope. A nation wide mask mandate would save lives according to studies. State wide ones have worked according to studies.

Facts first.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

178860

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

@gaeandilth said:

@zaryia: The right was wrong? When has the right said do not wear a mask? Even Trump says wear a mask but he is not FORCING you too. He left it up to the states which is what a President is supposed to do. Not a single time has Trump suggested that you should not wear a mask.

And again we been in this discussion before. We are only even partially bad in Democrat run cities. We are 8th overall in deaths per capita. I am sure if you look up the deaths per capita in republican run states we are not even in the top 20 countries.

The virus is to blame here you can not monday morning quarterback and say what could of been. And everything Trump has done was advise and warn. He is not MANDATING anything. Which is how freedom works. Has been republicans that mandated and I think that is wrong too.

And Trump not pushing the mask wearing probably saved a lot of lives. Because if he would of pushed it and been really serious on wearing a mask the democrats would not of wore them out of spite. Because that is how they roll if Trump supports it they oppose it. They would of found some so-called expert to say that wearing a mask was dangerous and did not do anything.

If Trump endorses a treatment the Democrats immediately go see what they can find to twist it to sound like its bad. Like the malaria medicine. They even went as far to say it was dangerous and listed the side effects but conveniently left out that most of those side effects only happen if you use it improperly and the other side effects were milder then aspirin' side effects.

The passive aggressive, shaming, Irritating way Democrats deal with masks is why there are people that refuse to wear them. IF they would of shut the hell up and quit playing politics there would be a lot more people wearing masks on their own And maybe give people all the facts not just ones that further their agenda.

Because as I am trying to explain it is a whole bunch of guidelines that are MUCH more important then wearing a mask which the typical democrat ignores or does not even know about.

And btw the media is lying to you about the virus anyway. If you watch any news even FOX they talk like the entire country is locked down and everyone stuck in their house. That is just not true. Big cities sure but most other places barely even a difference. I have been from IL to florida twice since march. In march it was a pain no indoor dining most business closed and even my fishing spot got closed. In June however every single state on the way there IL,KY, GA(except atlanta), AL, FL not only had the majority of businesses open but had indoor dining and even BUFFETS.

But during that time period when we were locked down people were more at risk then now. Wal Mart for example closed all but 1 entrance to have someone watching to make sure everyone wore a mask(most took mask off once inside anyway). But endangered more people with this policy then not wearing a mask would of done by far. This is exactly backwards of what should of been done. This was not Trump this was that fake concern democrats do all the time.

Point is trust the people to do the right thing and you will be more successful then trying to force them. Vietnam went so bad because we pushed government power too far(and I do realize this was republicans) When we should of treated people like adults and let them choose. 100 soldiers willing to fight better then 1000 forced to(Russia should of learned that in WW2).

There has been ZERO central leadership in this covid-19 fiasco. None. Other countries seem to have leaders, we have an ass. You cannot leave it up to the states because their decisions impact surrounding states as well as those who have people that travel to poorly run red states. trump politicized a pandemic. And you support that.

The malaria treatment does NOT help covid. In fact, it can increase death. Why would you follow a lay person instead of medical/scientific experts? That's just stupid. Or are you suggesting drinking disinfectant and shining lights up your ass work as well?

As a president one should MANDATE what is necessary to stop the spread of the virus and make the people entrusted to him safe. Not sure what you think his job is but he fails in this metric.

People refuse to wear masks because trump doesn't. His base looks to him, sadly. He spend months downplaying the virus and did NOT tell his base to wear a damn mask and you want to congratulate him?

Not wearing a mask does NOT save lives and it's pathetic to follow that line of thought. I hope you don't really believe it. You can watch the science. They show what happens when someone sneezes without a mask. Or are you anti science as well?

Avatar image for gaeandilth
gaeandilth

802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29 gaeandilth
Member since 2010 • 802 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: You know what central leadership you talk about in other countries is called? Socialist, Communism. And if red states are so poorly run why is it the democrats trying to bail out blue states with federal money?

The experts on the malaria medicine are bought and paid for democrats. Just as many experts say it DOES do something. And what the experts say about the dangers is misleading those dangers are only present when not used as directed. Or how do you explain 50 years using this malaria drug with no significant side effects? And that comment about disinfectant again. Trump never once suggested anyone drink disinfectant or shine light up their ass. He was told in a meeting how effective each was and asked a question about if something could be done with that inside the body not to mention this meeting was a bunch of people that had not got much sleep and were throwing out all kinds of suggestions.

What if he mandated that you must get detained and put in internment camps if you show symptoms? I mean how much of your freedom are you willing to lose to be safer? 800k people die a year from heart attacks what if he mandated you can not eat anything but heart healthy food? Do not know why I ask a democrat does not believe in freedom obviously.

Trump does not wear a mask because he is socially distanced. And the officials he does get close to just like him are tested every day. He has worn a mask when in proximity of untested people. Trump is far safer up there without his mask then you are with it.

And I said that Trump not mandating masks saves lives. Because if he did not a single democrat would of wore one. Because anything Trump does or supports they oppose and demonize. Trump could have a cure for cancer in his hand proven and the Democrats would find experts that said it did not work and was killing people. And what the Democrats are doing is having the same effect on some people(never claimed the Republicans are all smart) that are refusing to wear masks.

And just like I mentioned Obama hires a lawyer to head up his Virus response and Trump hires well respected EXPERTS and he is the one not listening to science? Also you do not just listen to science. Kind of like the green new deal. There is listening to science and there is overreacting and sacrificing too much for an unobtainable goal.(damn cow farts)

And stopping this virus is unattainable. And that is science there is not a single flu virus we have stopped. We have vaccines and treatments that have been developed for decades and there is still 60-80k people dying to the flu every year. It is containable but that became impossible once it left wuhan it was over. And the experts said this back in Feb/march and the democrats agreed with it.

Not to mention Trump did once suggest some action to contain the virus with federal intervention by quarantining NY, NJ and CT where the virus was getting out of control. And the Democrats are the ones that cried foul and talked about freedom and the constitution.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

178860

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

@gaeandilth said:

@LJS9502_basic: You know what central leadership you talk about in other countries is called? Socialist, Communism. And if red states are so poorly run why is it the democrats trying to bail out blue states with federal money?

The experts on the malaria medicine are bought and paid for democrats. Just as many experts say it DOES do something. And what the experts say about the dangers is misleading those dangers are only present when not used as directed. Or how do you explain 50 years using this malaria drug with no significant side effects? And that comment about disinfectant again. Trump never once suggested anyone drink disinfectant or shine light up their ass. He was told in a meeting how effective each was and asked a question about if something could be done with that inside the body not to mention this meeting was a bunch of people that had not got much sleep and were throwing out all kinds of suggestions.

What if he mandated that you must get detained and put in internment camps if you show symptoms? I mean how much of your freedom are you willing to lose to be safer? 800k people die a year from heart attacks what if he mandated you can not eat anything but heart healthy food? Do not know why I ask a democrat does not believe in freedom obviously.

Trump does not wear a mask because he is socially distanced. And the officials he does get close to just like him are tested every day. He has worn a mask when in proximity of untested people. Trump is far safer up there without his mask then you are with it.

And I said that Trump not mandating masks saves lives. Because if he did not a single democrat would of wore one. Because anything Trump does or supports they oppose and demonize. Trump could have a cure for cancer in his hand proven and the Democrats would find experts that said it did not work and was killing people. And what the Democrats are doing is having the same effect on some people(never claimed the Republicans are all smart) that are refusing to wear masks.

And just like I mentioned Obama hires a lawyer to head up his Virus response and Trump hires well respected EXPERTS and he is the one not listening to science? Also you do not just listen to science. Kind of like the green new deal. There is listening to science and there is overreacting and sacrificing too much for an unobtainable goal.(damn cow farts)

And stopping this virus is unattainable. And that is science there is not a single flu virus we have stopped. We have vaccines and treatments that have been developed for decades and there is still 60-80k people dying to the flu every year. It is containable but that became impossible once it left wuhan it was over. And the experts said this back in Feb/march and the democrats agreed with it.

Not to mention Trump did once suggest some action to contain the virus with federal intervention by quarantining NY, NJ and CT where the virus was getting out of control. And the Democrats are the ones that cried foul and talked about freedom and the constitution.

No centralized leadership is having the leader of the US stand up with a plan to fight the virus and not leave it to states to try to sort out which is like bailing out a boat with a hole in the bottom with a shot glass. Not going to work.

Also you misused the terms socialism and communism.

No experts don't say it helps. Trials show otherwise and can lead to death. The medicine is NOT approved for covid.

Stop hyperbole. No one is detaining or putting people in interment camps. That's insane. They ask those people TO STAY HOME unless they need hospitalized.

trump is supposed to set the example for the country. And wearing a mask is about respecting those around you.

Stopping is attainable. See New Zealand for one such example. Curing and stopping are two different things. trump hasn't specifically hired those people by the way. He Pence in charge.....not a doctor. Those doctors have been working prior to trump FYI. And he's NOT listening to them at all.

Avatar image for gaeandilth
gaeandilth

802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 gaeandilth
Member since 2010 • 802 Posts

@LJS9502_basic:

"No centralized leadership is having the leader of the US stand up with a plan to fight the virus and not leave it to states to try to sort out which is like bailing out a boat with a hole in the bottom with a shot glass. Not going to work."

You mean like mobilizing the military and working with companies all over the US to make sure we did not run out of PPE and ventilators. Like building hospitals and sending TONS of aid to states like NY and CA even though those states been shitting on you for years? Or maybe you are referring to hiring teams of experts to advise and support you. Or mobilizing operation "warp" speed which looks to be the fastest vaccine delivery in the history of the world?

Stop hyperbole. No one is detaining or putting people in interment camps. That's insane. They ask those people TO STAY HOME unless they need hospitalized."

Saying that how far does it need to go? Democrats have done it before for a LOT less reason. I mean they call Trump racist for wanting border control. How about arresting and interning americans because of what country they were born in.

"trump is supposed to set the example for the country. And wearing a mask is about respecting those around you."

Is he 6 feet from you or anyone you care about? You do know the guidelines do not say wear a mask at all times? That you should wear a mask when you can not socially distance. Again the left practice fake concern about the virus to make a political statement.

"Stopping is attainable. See New Zealand for one such example. Curing and stopping are two different things. trump hasn't specifically hired those people by the way. He Pence in charge.....not a doctor. Those doctors have been working prior to trump FYI. And he's NOT listening to them at all."

You seen the news recently about NZ? How they got the virus and blaming it on frozen food(talk about not listening to experts). And he should not listen to them all. Do you blindly listen to what your doctor tells you? Do you not getting a second opinion or look up some facts yourself if something sounds off? Do you do what the doctor tells you even though it would cost you your job or keep your kids out of school? No you balance both sides and make a decision the best you can.

Viruses can change by mutation. When they do , a human body is sometimes unable to fight the new virus very well. This happens regularly with the influenza virus. A small change results in a small influenza epidemic, but a big change results in a pandemic that can kill millions of people worldwide. Many viruses mutate continuously so that the host's body has little chance of developing permanent resistance; others transfer between species, with the new host similarly unable to develop resistance.

This quote shows that we are at the mercy of the virus. Slowing it down might save live but it could be a mistake too. And stopping it is impossible it may go away it may not but we will have little to do with it. It would be easier to stop a hurricane. If this virus mutates next month and starts killing ALOT more people are the Democrats willing to take responsibility for that? Or they just going to blame Trump again?

Avatar image for Serraph105
Serraph105

36044

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
@mattbbpl said:
@warmblur said:

Yeah, I'm from the States people here mostly where mask where I am in New York. It's the southern States that are the ones least to where a mask.

Don't forget us Midwesterners! We said goodbye to my mother in law this morning before they took her off the ventilator. Much of the family has been publicly calling it a hoax and hosting gatherings/parties as usual until about 3 weeks ago when they all came down with it.

Oh shit man, that's so fucking terrible. I'm so sorry for you and your wife. Yes, I saw that you said you had been preparing for it for a while, but damn that's gonna rough.

Avatar image for mattbbpl
mattbbpl

23048

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts

@Serraph105: Thanks, Serraph. My wife is in a better place today. She's kept busy trying to gather legal documents and make preparations, which gives her time some focus.

Avatar image for n64dd
N64DD

13167

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@Serraph105: Thanks, Serraph. My wife is in a better place today. She's kept busy trying to gather legal documents and make preparations, which gives her time some focus.

I am very sorry for your loss. F covid 19.

Avatar image for mattbbpl
mattbbpl

23048

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts

@n64dd: Thanks

Avatar image for heathen75
HEATHEN75

1679

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#36 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

@gaeandilth said:

@LJS9502_basic: You know what central leadership you talk about in other countries is called? Socialist, Communism.



Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

21607

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@gaeandilth said:

@LJS9502_basic: You know what central leadership you talk about in other countries is called? Socialist, Communism. And if red states are so poorly run why is it the democrats trying to bail out blue states with federal money?

Socialist Red States that leech off of Blue States year round for decades now are not run well. They have a significantly lower average HDI than Blue States. They take the largest proportionate share of Federal aid. Red States are always bailed out by Blue ones, yearly. The one time it's Blue States getting bailed out you Socialists cry about it, because you only like Socialism when it's for you. These states were hit very hard because it's where everyone actually wants to live (far more dense) and it's where the virus hit first (large coastal hotspots) hence they needed the most of it.