N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/25/active-shooter-situation-reported-at-indiana-middle-school-suspect-in-custody-officials-say.html

Feel like a broken record at this point.

A male student in connection with the shooting at Noblesville West Middle School in Indiana was taken into custody on Friday, authorities said.

Noblesville Police Department Chief Kevin Jowitt told reporters Friday that a male student was detained following the call of an active shooter the department received at 9:06 a.m. EST.

There were two people injured - a teacher and a juvenile student - Jowitt said. The victims were transported to the hospital and their families have been notified.

The suspect nor the victims have been identified.

Jowitt said he did not believe there was any further threat to the school but added there was a threat directed to Noblesville High School, where many middle school students were bused to following the incident. He said police were at the school's campus monitoring the scene. A number of agencies, including the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were on the scene investigating the incident. Jowitt said an investigation has been opened into the shooting.

Sources told FOX 59 the suspect walked into a science classroom with a gun and opened fire, hitting a female. A teacher was able to "swat" the gun from the suspect.

Following reports of the shooting, a number of politicians tweeted their thoughts, including former governor of Indiana Vice President Mike Pence.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

kinda late to the broken record party, that happened years ago.

this is common place now

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

I bet this a kind of stuff will go away if we just make it easierfor everyone to own and carry agun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Back in my day, we didnt bring guns to school. We were all in karate clubs, like the karate kid and would fight to the death. But it would be light casualties.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@tjandmia said:

I bet this a kind of stuff will go away if we just make it easierfor everyone to own and carry agun.

You mean like mutual assured destruction? Guns may not cut it. YOu probably have to allow each individual to possess a nuclear device.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@sonicare said:

Back in my day, we didnt bring guns to school. We were all in karate clubs, like the karate kid and would fight to the death. But it would be light casualties.

same.

Sometimes, if both armies were honorable, the lead kid would fight the other leader, so the armies of karate kids wouldn't have to soak the fields in blood.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@n64dd: I heard about this earlier today, but mostly because it was my state. I doubt it's getting much coverage due to the lack of death.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

This is obviously fake news. There are too many good guys with guns in America for this to be able to happen.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#9 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

I bet that kid was raised in a single mother household

@theone86 said:

This is obviously fake news. There are too many good guys with guns in America for this to be able to happen.

The strawman is strong with this one...

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

Thankfully, we have the "law and order" president to stop things like this.

More school shootings in a year under trump than all presidents combined.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@sonicare said:

same.

Sometimes, if both armies were honorable, the lead kid would fight the other leader, so the armies of karate kids wouldn't have to soak the fields in blood.

Everybody was kung fu fighting. Those kids where fast as lightning.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 theone86
@Dark_sageX said:

@theone86 said:

@Dark_sageX said:

The dumbass is strong in this one.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

so, we're in that small sliver of time where there has been a few days since the last school shooting and another one hasn't happened yet.

is it ok to talk about remediation measures?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N64DD

@comp_atkins said:

so, we're in that small sliver of time where there has been a few days since the last school shooting and another one hasn't happened yet.

Sure lets ban guns.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TryIt
@n64dd said:
@comp_atkins said:

Sure lets ban guns.

I would go that far but close.

it is a tool with a specific design purpose, it should be treated as such and 'well regulated' like it says in the 2nd

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@comp_atkins said:

Sure lets ban guns.

it is a tool with a specific design purpose, it should be treated as such and 'well regulated' like it says in the 2nd

ban violence

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TryIt
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@comp_atkins said:

Sure lets ban guns.

ban violence

nope.

1. banning is not a good idea, regulation however is.

2. we dont 'ban' construction because its dangerous, we regulate the use of heavy equipment.

3. if a tool is specifically designed for a specific purpose, that purpose and its intended use should be considered and for safety reasons should be regulated. Just how a 14 year old should not be able rent a backhoe and drive off the rental lot with it, so to should tools that are designed to kill have good regulation

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@comp_atkins said:

Sure lets ban guns.

ban violence

nope.

2. we dont 'ban' construction because its dangerous, we regulate the use of heavy equipment.

3. if a tool is specifically designed for a specific purpose, that purpose and its intended use should be considered and for safety reasons should be regulated. Just how a 14 year old should not be able rent a backhoe and drive off the rental lot with it, so to should tools that are designed to kill have good regulation

Ban banning.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TryIt
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

ban violence

nope.

Ban banning.

perhaps, something you want to share with the rest of the group or are you just intellectually masturbating (as my mother would say). That means, saying clever things to other people that only you get to make yourself feel special while at the same time literally contributing nothing in the discourse

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

ban violence

nope.

Ban banning.

perhaps, something you want to share with the rest of the group or are you just intellectually masturbating (as my mother would say). That means, saying clever things to other people that only you get to make yourself feel special while at the same time literally contributing nothing in the discourse

You post so much gibberish I don't take you seriously.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TryIt
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

ban violence

nope.

Ban banning.

that is clever but again, you are changing nothing and only saying clever things that make you better, you effect on outside of yourself is Null.

My step mother called that 'intellectual masterbation'

when someone says something to be clever but the only person how knows what he means is himself and that makes him feel smart even though he likely wasnt

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

nope.

Ban banning.

that is clever but again, you are changing nothing and only saying clever things that make you better, you effect on outside of yourself is Null.

when someone says something to be clever but the only person how knows what he means is himself and that makes him feel smart even though he likely wasnt

Ban english.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TryIt
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:

Ban banning.

Ban english.

or another way to say it is

'your living in your private idaho'

or

'echo chamber'

but I get it, you think its unreasonable to put regulations on 14 year old renting backhoes, you and most folks on the Right. I got it

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

Ban english.

or another way to say it is

'your living in your private idaho'

or

'echo chamber'

but I get it, you think its unreasonable to put regulations on 14 year old renting backhoes, you and most folks on the Right. I got it

you're*

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Since our schools are more dangerous than being in the military, can they get healthcare and scholarships, now?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@n64dd said:

Then don't respond to him...

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 N64DD

@horgen said:
@n64dd said:

Then don't respond to him...

Fair enough.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I just heard about it now, on a video game forum. I'm losing track. SAD!

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dark_sageX

@theone86 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@theone86 said:

@Dark_sageX said:

Name calling, good strategy. Your statement was still a strawman though. No good person has ever used their guns to murder, but to you I guess anybody who defends the 2nd amendment = endorses mass shootings?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 theone86
@Dark_sageX said:
@theone86 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@theone86 said:

@Dark_sageX said:

Name calling, good strategy. Your statement was still a strawman though. No good person has ever used their guns to murder, but to you I guess anybody who defends the 2nd amendment = endorses mass shootings?

Don't want to be called a dumbass, then don't act like one. Blaming social problems on single mothers is one of the stupidest arguments I've ever seen on these forums, and that's saying something. But then again, I'd expect no less from a misogynistic troll like you. Why don't you go jerk off Jordan Peterson? Guys like you two must get pretty lonely heaping all of societies woes on struggling women.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dark_sageX

@theone86 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@theone86 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@theone86 said:

@Dark_sageX said:

Don't want to be called a dumbass, then don't act like one. Blaming social problems on single mothers is one of the stupidest arguments I've ever seen on these forums, and that's saying something. But then again, I'd expect no less from a misogynistic troll like you. Why don't you go jerk off Jordan Peterson? Guys like you two must get pretty lonely heaping all of societies woes on struggling women.

I said I BET the dude was raised by a single motherhood, never said that it actually was the cause. And look at you with the name calling and accusations, you do realize that single-motherhood is a bad thing right? many statistical evidence of young boys becoming criminal or developing mental issues have consistently been linked with the absence of the father, the culture of single-motherhood has time and time again proven to cause young men to lose their way, look at Delin Roof, Nicholas Cruz, most young black boys in prison, I can go on, single-motherhood is bad and should be discouraged, not encouraged or even be praised.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By theone86
@Dark_sageX said:
@theone86 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@theone86 said:

I said I BET the dude was raised by a single motherhood, never said that it actually was the cause. And look at you with the name calling and accusations, you do realize that single-motherhood is a bad thing right? many statistical evidence of young boys becoming criminal or developing mental issues have consistently been linked with the absence of the father, the culture of single-motherhood has time and time again proven to cause young men to lose their way, look at Delin Roof, Nicholas Cruz, most young black boys in prison, I can go on, single-motherhood is bad and should be discouraged, not encouraged or even be praised.

No, by all means, keep spewing incel bullshit. It DEFINITELY helps your argument.

Hey, guys, you know all those white terrorists who have been going on white supremacist forums to soak in extremist rhetoric before going on killing sprees? It's not their fault, they were just raised by single mothers! **** off outta here.