Another Democrat commits a mass shooting against Easter Worshipers.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Religion across the world and democrats everywhere offer their thoughts and twitter hashtags, shrug their shoulder and virtue signal about the latest woke movement.

Obviously this person is mentally disturbed, not a thug, an animal, or a radical.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/04/28/church-shooting-west-baltimore/

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

Did you even read your own link article? It says that it has nothing to do with the church.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@Gaming-Planet: actually considering the area of Baltimore this tragedy occurred. The right will promptly label this shooter a thug.

Desperate thread is desperate

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

We should really do something about these shootings. Gun reform? Improved social programs?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Pathetic even by your regular standards.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

herp derp

christans don't worship easter, they worship jesus

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

We should really do something about these shootings. Gun reform? Improved social programs?

No, silly. Ban religion.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

1. I see no mention of his political affiliation.

2. I see no mention of Church/Religion related activity.

3. Another? Which was the first? Did you mean the ISIS attacks last week - who are part of a conservative (not Dems) religion?

Why are you using a tragedy to troll with fiction? I get it, your team is the one who does all the domestic terrorism recently. So you feel you need to defend them with this kind of fake news shit-posting. You suck so bad.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@zaryia: You do this all the time.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zaryia

@vfighter said:

@zaryia: You do this all the time.

I post completely fictional thread titles and content?

Please link the thread were I completely had to make up someone being a Republican and make up then entire series of events. The OP just went full Alex Jones on a tragic event to troll this section.

I typically post fact based events and directly cite the story, not fiction like the OP did. It doesn't even belong in this section.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

You know what's funny is 7 people were killed in this shooting, but I've heard nothing about it on the news. too busy reporting on the one death in the CA shooting. Neither is good, but why only one gets national attention? Agenda or just happenstance?

Edit: I just realized this post could be sending wrong message. For clarification, I'm contrasting the affluence of the areas in which the shootings occurred. I'm not making a statement about religous preference, etc. My apologies for any confusion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@sonicare: 1 killed, 8 wounded

https://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Police-7-shot-1-fatally-in-latest-Baltimore-13802402.php

The country doesn't care because it happened on a low income, African American neighborhood

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

No. We should have better gun control laws regardless of a shooter's political ideology.

Also you're just making up stuff as there is no suspect or motive. It says so in the article. I don't understand why this behavior is allowed in this forum.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@Nuck81 said:

@sonicare: 1 killed, 8 wounded

https://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Police-7-shot-1-fatally-in-latest-Baltimore-13802402.php

The country doesn't care because it happened on a low income, African American neighborhood

That's a shame. I want to be clear that I'm not stating the reporting and concern about the first shooting is bad, but just that it would be nice if the press covered these other shootings with equal concern. Every group of people is important and matters.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@sonicare said:

You know what's funny is 7 people were killed in this shooting, but I've heard nothing about it on the news. too busy reporting on the one death in the CA shooting. Neither is good, but why only one gets national attention? Agenda or just happenstance?

An agenda can not be pushed by objectively reporting on such a matter so it will, for the most part, be a non issue outside of perhaps the immediate area. That doesn't say it won't be picked up elsewhere but for the most part it won't be of interest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@sonicare: I don't disagree with you, but the country as a whole does

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 comp_atkins
@sonicare said:

people who want to see agenda will take anecdotal evidence like this as evidence of agenda.

people who do not want to see agenda will take anecdotal evidence like this as anecdotal evidence.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zaryia

Why has the thread title not been changed this isn't Breitbart. We can't just post random fiction.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@Solaryellow said:
@sonicare said:

An agenda can not be pushed by objectively reporting on such a matter so it will, for the most part, be a non issue outside of perhaps the immediate area. That doesn't say it won't be picked up elsewhere but for the most part it won't be of interest.

You can objectively report on a subject and still push for a particular point of view by how much coverage you devote to something. For instance, by reporting solely on violent crime committed by a particular ethnic or racial group and ignoring crimes committed by other groups, you could give the impression that a specific group is committing more violent crimes. That perception is given despite you not presenting any false information.

Now, with my earlier post, my opinion is that what's most likely is the agenda of "news entertainment". Some stories will sell more or generate more views so they get more coverage. Perhaps, shootings in some low income communities just don't generate as much buzz. Just my opinion, however. I suspect people are more interested about what's going on in their own backyard than in an area they would not be as familiar with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@comp_atkins said:
@sonicare said:

people who want to see agenda will take anecdotal evidence like this as evidence of agenda.

people who do not want to see agenda will take anecdotal evidence like this as anecdotal evidence.

But honestly, you don't think that if this shooting happened in a more affluent area it would get more buzz?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 comp_atkins
@sonicare said:
@comp_atkins said:
@sonicare said:

But honestly, you don't think that if this shooting happened in a more affluent area it would get more buzz?

of course it would get more attention.

1) it is a more rare event for shootings to happen in safe, affluent neighborhoods.. that's why they're safe neighborhoods

2) we've all been trained that shootings happen frequently in poorer, densely populated areas. how did that happen? because we hear about shootings in these areas ALL the time. which incidentally, negates the "how come this is never reported" argument. it doesn't catch a lot of attention because they happen all the time and we all know they happen all the time because they're always reported.

the whole "why isn't this reported" thinking is weird to me. you see it all the time. how do the people complaining about something not being reported even KNOW about it if it wasn't reported?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Solaryellow

@sonicare said:
@Solaryellow said:

You can objectively report on a subject and still push for a particular point of view by how much coverage you devote to something. For instance, by reporting solely on violent crime committed by a particular ethnic or racial group and ignoring crimes committed by other groups, you could give the impression that a specific group is committing more violent crimes. That perception is given despite you not presenting any false information.

Now, with my earlier post, my opinion is that what's most likely is the agenda of "news entertainment". Some stories will sell more or generate more views so they get more coverage. Perhaps, shootings in some low income communities just don't generate as much buzz. Just my opinion, however. I suspect people are more interested about what's going on in their own backyard than in an area they would not be as familiar with.

Wouldn't objective reporting be signified by covering all of these incidents rather than one that will promote an agenda? As an example, if the murders (shooting) in Chicago were covered, the current agenda would go flaccid in the wind because not of the talking points would hold water.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Wouldn't objective reporting be signified by covering all of these incidents rather than one that will promote an agenda? As an example, if the murders (shooting) in Chicago were covered, the current agenda would go flaccid in the wind because not of the talking points would hold water.

A local white man just killed 7 people here a few days back. Did you hear about it on the national?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Solaryellow

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Solaryellow said:

A local white man just killed 7 people here a few days back. Did you hear about it on the national?

I doubt "here" is a major, well known democratically controlled city like Chicago. If I may correct your naivety, Chicago plays a big role with our last President. The city hold major significance.

Edit: What's being ignored by the left is how the problems in the city are not isolated. There's a murder every time you turn around.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@Solaryellow said:

I doubt "here" is a major, well known democratically controlled city like Chicago. If I may correct your naivety, Chicago plays a big role with our last President. The city hold major significance.

Edit: What's being ignored by the left is how the problems in the city are not isolated. There's a murder every time you turn around.

Thank the NRA and it's adherents for that.........

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Serraph105

@zaryia said:

Why has the thread title not been changed this isn't Breitbart. We can't just post random fiction.

I went ahead and flagged it. This topic title completely disregards the article that the OP linked.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@zaryia said:

I went ahead and flagged it. This topic title completely disregards the article that the OP linked.

I've left it open, it's a response (in title) to another thread here. If more of them show up, I'll lock them right away.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Serraph105

@horgen said:
@Serraph105 said:
@zaryia said:

I've left it open, it's a response (in title) to another thread here. If more of them show up, I'll lock them right away.

But the other seems to be based in some sort of fact. This one claims something completely opposed to the information in the article that the OP cites because they didn't like that other thread.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 horgen  Moderator

@Serraph105 said:

But the other seems to be based in some sort of fact. This one claims something completely opposed to the information in the article that the OP cites because they didn't like that other thread.

The link in the other thread states that the suspect is a Trump supporter? If so I must have missed it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Serraph105

@horgen said:
@Serraph105 said:

The link in the other thread states that the suspect is a Trump supporter? If so I must have missed it.

I was wrong. I thought so because of the claim and it better fit the bill of a person who identifies as white nationalist. I'm actually pretty upset that I was mislead on that. Could you, I don't know, take both down in that case? You're gonna do what you're gonna do, but this is literally what misinformation does.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@Solaryellow said:

When did the subject get narrowed to just democratically controlled cities? Last I read, you were talking about:

@Solaryellow said:

Wouldn't objective reporting be signified by covering all of these incidents rather than one that will promote an agenda?

And then you narrow it down to NOT ALL, just ONE covering YOUR agenda.

WTF?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Solaryellow

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Solaryellow said:

When did the subject get narrowed to just democratically controlled cities? Last I read, you were talking about:

@Solaryellow said:

Wouldn't objective reporting be signified by covering all of these incidents rather than one that will promote an agenda?

And then you narrow it down to NOT ALL, just ONE covering YOUR agenda.

WTF?

Start with finding the clue in post twenty three. The places where shootings/murders are a major problem seem largely ignored but isolated incidents are treated as if common place. Why? The left wing MSM will extend tremendous coverage if it thinks its agenda can be furthered but if it is not apropos, it is ignored.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 br0kenrabbit

@Solaryellow said:

Start with finding the clue in post twenty three. The places where shootings/murders are a major problem seem largely ignored but isolated incidents are treated as if common place. Why? The left wing MSM will extend tremendous coverage if it thinks its agenda can be furthered but if it is not apropos, it is ignored.

I live in a major southeastern metro area. Murders are a daily occurrence in these parts. It doesn't make the news because it's mostly pillbillies and domestic violence.

But you'll spend no more than a moment considering that, and even less time researching it, because you've already made up your mind.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 horgen  Moderator

@Serraph105 said:
@horgen said:
@Serraph105 said:

I was wrong. I thought so because of the claim and it better fit the bill of a person who identifies as white nationalist. I'm actually pretty upset that I was mislead on that. Could you, I don't know, take both down in that case? You're gonna do what you're gonna do, but this is literally what misinformation does.

I'll let these two live their lives. Any new ones and I'll lock them. These two serves as examples on these boards on what misinformation does and how many/few realize thread title is misinformation.

With that said, any other mod or admin might come over this and lock them. Because they both deserve to be locked.