Andrew Yang misses the debate stage, DNC/Media bias?

Avatar image for redviperofdorne
redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 0

#1 redviperofdorne
Member since 2016 • 296 Posts

Despite numerous "non-qualifying" polls of 5% or higher and 16 million raised last quarter, Andrew Yang misses out on the January debate. As a democrat and Yang supporter, I am very disappointed with the DNC. It took backlash from rejecting Yang's request for more qualifying polls for the DNC to finally put them out. And with just days before the cut-off, It made it very unlikely that Yang would qualify.

Taking into consideration the media bias against Yang, especially by MSNBC, and having the lowest speaking time out of every candidate on the debate stage, even less than candidates he was polling higher than. It just strongly comes off that there was something going on behind the scenes to keep Yang off the stage. It reminds me of what they did to Bernie back in 2016.

It's a shame to see the party reduced to this and I will be switching from Democrat to Independent after the Democratic Primaries.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 11741 Posts

I know, right?! It's totally rigged. Yang scares them.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 122018 Posts

@redviperofdorne: By remaining as a Democrat you have a chance to change this though. Or are the DNC not even allowing votes on Yang?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45384 Posts

I don't know man we have women, people of color, muslims in congress and senate. We had a black president with the name Barack Hussein Obama.

I'm not really sure the discrimination card holds as much value as it once did.

@redviperofdorne said:

...It's a shame to see the party reduced to this and I will be switching from Democrat to Independent after the Democratic Primaries...

This is why Trump will win 2020.

Put aside your ideals just this one time, and maybe we can beat him.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Serraph105  Online
Member since 2007 • 34367 Posts

5% in the polls is really not all that great. We're about a month away from the Iowa caucus and he's not even close to double digits.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 3903 Posts

The DNC chooses your canidate, not the people, this is what happened in 2016 in regards to Bernie.

The RNC tried thier best to sabotage Trump but they kissed the ring in the end.As much as I hate them I will give them credit for accepting defeat.

Conservatives were sick and tired of the old blood, the establishment, the Romney's, the Mcains, the Bush's, the establishment was actually hated by the right, look how quickly Jeb Bush fell, trump, Cruz, Rubio,Carson, and Rand were leading thier polls.

The DNC wants Biden, if he gaffs himself into a hole, warren is the backup, if that doesnt work, Bloomberg. The DNC has no interest in a Bernie, Yang, or Gabbard. They arent in the clique and democrats need to realize the establishment left has no interest in letting you decide. You can vote along party lines if you feel thats best, but imo the establishment on either side deserves nothing.

Im an independent and its the best way, why chain yourself to a bullshit party. See what both parties offer you, go with which one offers you something that works for you. Screw the parties

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 168167 Posts

He doesn't really have much support.

redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 redviperofdorne

@mrbojangles25: Switching to independent doesn't mean I am voting Trump. It means that I am dissatisfied with the Democratic party and when they change, for the better, I would consider switching back.

redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 redviperofdorne

@LJS9502_basic: Recent 10% poll in New Mexico by Emerson says otherwise. He has the support but what can you do when you have the media and DNC working against you?

sonicare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 sonicare
Member since 2004 • 57168 Posts

Are you trying to imply that the DNC picks its favorites? Where have we seen this before. . . .

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36093 Posts

@redviperofdorne said:

@mrbojangles25: Switching to independent doesn't mean I am voting Trump. It means that I am dissatisfied with the Democratic party and when they change, for the better, I would consider switching back.

my guess is he is assuming you would then vote for the candidate of your choosing as opposed to whomever wins the democratic ticket. hurting that candidate's chances.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#12 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26980 Posts

Are the USA elections like this every time? Or is this year particularly bad?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105  Online
Member since 2007 • 34367 Posts

@redviperofdorne said:

@LJS9502_basic: Recent 10% poll in New Mexico by Emerson says otherwise. He has the support but what can you do when you have the media and DNC working against you?

Tell me more, what do his polls in other states look like?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 10756 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

They are always bad. It gets worse up until the two main candidates battle it out , and the last day where some people's votes count for 1/3rd others because they happen to live on farm land due to old rules that don't matter anymore.

redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 redviperofdorne

@comp_atkins: Kind of how democracy works right? My vote is my choice. I would for sure write in Yang, should he not win the nomination, if I felt the nominee wasn't the best choice.

redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 redviperofdorne

@Serraph105: Recent polls have him at 5% or higher, it's a shame that they came out just after the cutoff. Almost as if that was intentionally done to keep him off of the debate stage....weird. Guess the fact that he is polling higher than Steyer and Klobuchar doesn't mean anything either.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 168167 Posts

@redviperofdorne said:

@comp_atkins: Kind of how democracy works right? My vote is my choice. I would for sure write in Yang, should he not win the nomination, if I felt the nominee wasn't the best choice.

That seems silly to me TBH. There are only ever two viable choices and by not voting for one you are probably helping the other. If one is so odious like this election one should do their best to remove them from office.

LeicaM6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18 LeicaM6
Member since 2019 • 424 Posts

Of course the DNC “picks” its own candidates. It’s a private organization.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36093 Posts

@redviperofdorne said:

i'm saying you should not.

your vote is your vote.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#20 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26980 Posts

@zaryia said:
@KungfuKitten said:

They are always bad. It gets worse up until the two main candidates battle it out , and the last day where some people's votes count for 1/3rd others because they happen to live on farm land due to old rules that don't matter anymore.

This would stress me out. I am looking at it unfolding from afar and it's already stressing me out.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6311 Posts

I met Andrew Yang in NH a few months back. I really like him and it's great that he is sounding the job-alarm of automation and such. Im probably voting Bernie but Yang is very interesting

redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 redviperofdorne

Just to further prove my point: Yang has already hit 2 of 4 polls for the next debate and it seems very likely that he will be on the next debate stage as you either need 4 polls or 1 delegate to make it. If the DNC actually polled people, He would have been on the stage.

redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 redviperofdorne

@Shmiity: Right on. I think if people actually looked into Yang, They'd be hard-pressed to find anything truly negative. He's one of few candidates that actually gives an insightful answer to questions. Most just tip-toe around it while avoiding specifics.