Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Well, who did not see this one coming? His behaviour has been a disgrace and he has pushed the limit for what is ok too many times.

The White House on Wednesday pulled press credentials from CNN's Jim Acosta after he engaged in a heated back-and-forth with President Trump.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders cited Acosta's refusal to give up the microphone from a young staffer who tried to take it during a press conference on orders from Trump.

Sanders said in a statement the White House will “never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern. This conduct is absolutely unacceptable.”

“As a result of today’s incident, the White House is suspending the hard pass of the reporter involved until further notice,” Sanders said.

Acosta said he was denied entrance to the White House.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/415644-white-house-yanks-press-pass-from-cnns-acosta

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

@Jacanuk: asking a question is being out of line some how?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jacanuk

@dreman999 said:

No, his conduct towards the intern trying to be a mic holder is out of the line. He asked his question, got an answer and would not allow the female intern to remove the mic from him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdFe-LmFRV8

He did not lay a hand on her as such but clearly obstructed her from doing her job.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

That statement from Sarah Sanders made me laugh. Like the white house has the moral high ground.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I’m surprised it took them this long. Wasn’t he temporarily banned prior?

Hopefully CNN has some sense and fires him, but knowing that network’s narrative - they’ll most likely play the victim card and tout the lack of freedom of the press.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

A Trump fan decrying the behavior of someone else as a disgrace!? Hahahahahaha, the GOP lost any shred of a moral high ground years ago. This feigned outrage over the president being a whiny p*ssy who can't answer simple questions, is laughable.

I can't imagine the amount of delusion someone like you actually goes through trying to play to Trump on every issue.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@dreman999 said:

No, his conduct towards the intern trying to be a mic holder is out of the line. He asked his question, got an answer and would not allow the female intern to remove the mic from him.

He did not lay a hand on her as such but clearly obstructed her from doing her job.

Was she not obstructing from doing his job?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I can't believe what I saw this morning watching that press conference. I'm not an American, so I'm not up to date on absolutely everything in politics over there... but I saw the footage from the press conference and his question wasn't out of line at all & he didn't place his hands on the intern at all. Just because the imbecile Trump doesn't like to answer the tough questions that actually call him out on his constant lies, doesn't make him "an enemy of the people" or a "terrible person".

And if any of the other reporters in that room had any guts, they'd all walk out of the conference in protest. The US is not a dictatorship, as much as Trump wants it to be. Wow.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sevenizz

@Serraph105: No, Trump moved on to another reporter and Jim was excused.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts
@dreman999 said:

It doesn't. Jacanuk is a snowflake.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jacanuk

@Serraph105 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@dreman999 said:

There is a decorum among the press core, you ask a question and do not try to highjack the session. Acosta again as normal wanted the confrontation with Trump and kept breaking the decorum.

Also, this is not CNN´s press session, it´s a white house session and there are a ton of journalists there and if everyone acted like Acosta, it would mean only 1 would be able to ask questions.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Drunk_PI
@Jacanuk said:
@Serraph105 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@dreman999 said:

There is a decorum among the press core, you ask a question and do not try to highjack the session. Acosta again as normal wanted the confrontation with Trump and kept breaking the decorum.

Also, this is not CNN´s press session, it´s a white house session and there are a ton of journalists there and if everyone acted like Acosta, it would mean only 1 would be able to ask questions.

Maybe Trump should answer those questions instead of being a coward.

Really grasping for straws here.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jacanuk

@drunk_pi said:

Trump should not do anything he does not want. CNN has no more right to ask questions than anyone else.

And in the Trump is the shock caller and when he said "done" to Acosta, he should accept it and hand the mic on to other journalists there, The other journalists as normal could ask any question and if they felt Acosta was on the right track they can continue there.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sevenizz

@drunk_pi: A talented reporter can ask one question precisely omitting the need for a follow up (or at least lessen it depending on the answer). Jim is not a talented reporter. He grandstands as a victim to play to CNN’s narrative that Trump is difficult to work with. He argues, not questions.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@drunk_pi said:

Trump should not do anything he does not want. CNN has no more right to ask questions than anyone else.

And in the Trump is the shock caller and when he said "done" to Acosta, he should accept it and hand the mic on to other journalists there, The other journalists as normal could ask any question and if they felt Acosta was on the right track they can continue there.

I think you mean "shot caller"? Is English your first language? Lots of subtle hints you aren't American or in the US. And if not why do you care so much about Trump and his agenda?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Drunk_PI
@Jacanuk said:
@drunk_pi said:

Oh boi, Trumpflakes are getting desperate. lol Let me sum this up for you because it's hard for you to add 2+2.

CNN asked a tough question. Trump can't answer because his feelings got hurt, and Trump threw a tantrum. sad

Pretty much what the video was but it's always interesting to see a translation from the Trumpflakes.

/thread.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bigfootpart2
@Sevenizz said:

@drunk_pi: A talented reporter can ask one question precisely omitting the need for a follow up (or at least lessen it depending on the answer). Jim is not a talented reporter. He grandstands as a victim to play to CNN’s narrative that Trump is difficult to work with. He argues, not questions.

Everyone who works for Trump gets fired or quits, usually very quickly. How is he not difficult to work with? His narcissism and egomania must make this guy a nightmare as a boss.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jacanuk

@bigfootpart2 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drunk_pi said:

I think you mean "shot caller"? Is English your first language? Lots of subtle hints you aren't American or in the US. And if not why do you care so much about Trump and his agenda?

No I meant Shock caller, Trump is clearly not a gang leader and shot caller is mostly used as slang as to gangs.

You hopefully know what a shock is.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bigfootpart2
@Jacanuk said:
@bigfootpart2 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drunk_pi said:

No I meant Shock caller, Trump is clearly not a gang leader and shot caller is mostly used as slang as to gangs.

There is no such saying in the English language. Are you working on a Russian troll farm? Your English language skills could use some work there comrade.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bigfootpart2
@Jacanuk said:
@bigfootpart2 said:

There is no such saying in the English language. Are you working on a Russian troll farm? Your English language skills could use some work there comrade.

Nice try there troll , if you do not understand what I meant that is your problem.

But try to go look up "shock" in the Oxford dictionary

There isn't a phrase like the one you used in the English language. It's shot caller, not shock caller. There's such a thing as a shock collar, but that's for unruly dogs. Putin should invest more in training you guys in English language skills. You were too easy to spot.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@drunk_pi said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drunk_pi said:

Oh boi, Trumpflakes are getting desperate. lol Let me sum this up for you because it's hard for you to add 2+2.

CNN asked a tough question. Trump can't answer because his feelings got hurt, and Trump threw a tantrum. sad

Pretty much what the video was but it's always interesting to see a translation from the Trumpflakes.

/thread.

LOL Cnn asked a hard question? he asked about the caravans and got an answer, the rest was clearly to play up, so CNN had a few clips to show they could use as a shock factor.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jacanuk

@bigfootpart2 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@bigfootpart2 said:

Nice try there troll , if you do not understand what I meant that is your problem.

There isn't a phrase like the one you used in the English language. It's shot caller, not shock caller. There's such a thing as a shock collar, but that's for unruly dogs. Putin should invest more in training you guys in English language skills. You were too easy to spot.

Again you fail to comprehend the meaning but it´s ok I know you are a little troll/alt so don´t worry I don´t think anyone takes you to serious.

So which other accounts have you made? Tryit? Blackballs?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#24 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Jacanuk is priceless. ?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HoolaHoopMan

@Jacanuk said:
@bigfootpart2 said:

Please tell us what 'shock caller' means then.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:

And if any of the other reporters in that room had any guts, they'd all walk out of the conference in protest. The US is not a dictatorship, as much as Trump wants it to be. Wow.

yeah, that wouldn't happen with Acosta. Other journalists hate the guy just as much as Trump supporters do.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jacanuk

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@bigfootpart2 said:

As I pointed out Acosta acted how he did in the clip to create that shock clip, so you guys on the left can sit down and go "SEE SEEE SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this is how bad Trump is" And Trump is the master of that kind of attention, he creates shocks with his statements, like the body slam comment or hundreds of others.

It´s all about those meme´s

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HoolaHoopMan

@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

As I pointed out Acosta acted how he did in the clip to create that shock clip, so you guys on the left can sit down and go "SEE SEEE SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this is how bad Trump is" And Trump is the master of that kind of attention, he creates shocks with his statements, like the body slam comment or hundreds of others.

It´s all about those meme´s

So, you said Trump is a 'Shock Caller', and above is how you describe it? So a 'Shock Caller' is someone who creates shock? It's pretty clear that you mean 'Shot caller' by the context of your post.

Just admit you mixed up a common phrase and be done with it. That's not a big deal. You're just making yourself look pettier by the minute.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Men, Trump starting whining before Acosta got a few words out. He's a snowflake.

I saw Trump behaving like a child and getting mad at multiple reporters. It was quite the site. Feel free to prove me wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPraYA_OxWI#t=3m01s

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

yeah, that wouldn't happen with Acosta. Other journalists hate the guy just as much as Trump supporters do.

Umm...you should watch this Press Conference. A reported literally defended Acosta.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@bigfootpart2 said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Shock+caller&oq=Shock+caller&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

He's "trolling" by stating the facts?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

I don't care what president is up there, Acosta has been annoying for years and getting worse. I guess that's what bad journalists have to do to get recognized.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zaryia
@joshrmeyer said:

I don't care what president is up there, Acosta has been annoying for years and getting worse. I guess that's what bad journalists have to do to get recognized.

Did you see Trump's behavior against several reporters today? Or his last one? Complete meltdowns, comedy gold. You should see some of Bush's press conferences for comparison. This is soft shit in comparison. Trump can't handle a damn thing, just went on tantrums.

Oh and,

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/07/us/politics/fact-check-trump-news-conference.html

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Jacan for new press secretary, he knows all the twists and turns.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@Jacanuk said:

Well, who did not see this one coming? His behaviour has been a disgrace and he has pushed the limit for what is ok too many times.

The White House on Wednesday pulled press credentials from CNN's Jim Acosta after he engaged in a heated back-and-forth with President Trump.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders cited Acosta's refusal to give up the microphone from a young staffer who tried to take it during a press conference on orders from Trump.

Sanders said in a statement the White House will “never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern. This conduct is absolutely unacceptable.”

“As a result of today’s incident, the White House is suspending the hard pass of the reporter involved until further notice,” Sanders said.

Acosta said he was denied entrance to the White House.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/415644-white-house-yanks-press-pass-from-cnns-acosta

Wow, Pinochet's number one fan cheering suppression of the opposition, I NEVER expected that.

@joshrmeyer said:

Ah yes, that little known clause of the first amendment, where freedom of the press is protected, unless an internet warrior finds them annoying.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jacanuk

@mandzilla said:

Thanks for the reference but that job is Zaryia´s no one can spin like that one.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2132 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

WTF are you takling about? Trump started bitching as soon as the guy opened his mouth.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@mandzilla said:

Thanks for the reference but that job is Zaryia´s no one can spin like that one.

I once directly cited poll numbers and you said I was spinning. When I directly cite peer reviewed studies you say I'm spinning. I directly cite the ICA and DOJ, I'm spinning. You being in denial about the facts doesn't mean the other person is spinning.

No one here believes you when you say that about me, because I don't do that.

Perhaps you're a shock caller.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts

@zaryia: In Jac's defence, apparently "Shock Caller" is a brand name for a whistle that helps you hunt Canadian geese.

Still, that's so ridiculously specific that I'm not surprised nobody has heard of it.

Anyway...back on topic, the White House officially pulled Acosta's credentials for putting his hands on the intern, *not* for refusing to sit down.

Seems a bit extreme though - a more cynical observer might suggest that Trump expelled Acosta because he couldn't handle Acosta's questions.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I don’t agree with what Trump says, but he did answer the man’s question (as well as someone like Trump can). The guy persisted far past the time that was appropriate. I find it more inconsiderate to other reporters frankly, and the intern’s physicality struck me as more aggressive than the reporter’s, but in the end I’d have to agree he was more in the wrong than anyone.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

This thread:

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Serraph105 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@dreman999 said:

Trump answered the questions unlike Obama who got questions from the press like what did you have for diner last night.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

@phbz: hes having an epic meltdown which is hilarious

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

@JimB: no true proof here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/254238/

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@dreman999 said:

Hey man you can't expect the orange buffoon to answer questions.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

Acosta was massively disrespectful in swatting away the interns arm and demeaning her.

His course of action should have been to give up the mic and then issue a formal complaint.

That was remarkably rude on his end and whether or not you are left or right you should still be respectful towards people.

Freedom of the press shouldn't be taken for granted and an opportunity to be callous towards another human being.

Dropping your arm into someone else's who is right in front of you is also not involuntarily unless it's some type of medical condition.

There are other reporters who ask tough questions and still manage to hold onto their passes. Why does Acosta get a free shot at being rude and dismissing a human being?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@dreman999 said:

that's a reach.

he was holding the mic while speaking and his other arm was already up. the woman reached under his left arm to try to grab the mic and their arms collided and naturally, if you're holding something and someone immediately tries to grab it, you'll try to hold onto it.

also.. jesus, what a fucking man-child our president is...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@bigfootpart2 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drunk_pi said:

well, i'm from utica and i've never heard anyone use the expression "shock caller"

is it an albany expression?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@theone86: Ah yes, any sane person would find him annoying. None of the other reporters act like that.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2132 Posts

Trumpsters at the WH are sharing a doctored video of the incident in order to smear Acosta: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jim-acosta-trump-cnn-press-conference-pass-white-house-infowars-sarah-sanders-a8623441.html

They are trying to make it look like the guy karate chopped her hand.