A vile racist GOP Rep just got primaried out, good riddance, a major Dem may be next.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14919 Posts

Steve King, a white nationalist SOB, has now lost his primary race in Iowa to a traditional conservative Republican after he was ostracized by his own party and lost power in Washington. Finally.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/politics/steve-king-iowa-primary-election/index.html

However, it may close the door on Dems trying to take the seat.

So in 2020 that makes one Dem, Dan Lipinski of Illinois and one GOP incumbent that lost their primary race.

The next sack may be very big. In NY-16, the district just east of AOC's NY-14, Eliot Engel is in serious trouble against a strong Justice Democrat challenger named Jamaal Bowman. Engel seems to be following Joe Crowley's path to defeat......not being in his district, especially with the coronavirus, a poor debate performance, not recognizing the districts changing demographics, etc. Then he has a hot mic moment.

https://twitter.com/emilyngo/status/1267873270218600448

Wow.

And Bowman is an excellent challenger. He is more of an Ayanna Pressley type than a Rashida Tlaib type, and while lacks AOC's incredible talent, is a great candidate in his own right. He is a middle school principal. And in other news, the other progressive dropped out and backed Bowman. Bowman has good financial backing and is making a name for himself. He may have a bigger footprint in his race than AOC had in hers in 2018.

The Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee may go down June 23, which would be a HUGE victory for foreign policy progressives and those who value Palestinian rights. It would also be a major victory for the Justice Dems as well.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts

One less nazi pos, thousands to go.

Remember when white nationalist clown jontron defended this dude moments before showing his own ass

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

I am fine with true, traditional Republicans/conservatives taking seats away from neo-cons, neo-nazis, and tea partiers.\

The closer we all get to the center, the happier I will be haha.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I mean, King still beat his last democratic challenger even after more racist diatribes were caught on tape. The entire 'it will be more difficult to turn the district blue' sentiment is ignoring that this sh*t heel has been in there since 2003. I'd rather have one less white supremacist in office.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 texasgoldrush

@HoolaHoopMan said:

I mean, King still beat his last democratic challenger even after more racist diatribes were caught on tape. The entire 'it will be more difficult to turn the district blue' sentiment is ignoring that this sh*t heel has been in there since 2003. I'd rather have one less white supremacist in office.

But the race was close in a blood red district.

Now, its completely ensured to stay in GOP hands.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

You're asking many to keep a white supremacist in office with only a chance that he is removed. Given history, I don't think that is a wager I (or many others) like. He retained his office during a midterm race and 8+ point sweep for democrats.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50594 Posts

Good. Less racists the better.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 texasgoldrush

Goodnight Engel

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

You're asking many to keep a white supremacist in office with only a chance that he is removed. Given history, I don't think that is a wager I (or many others) like. He retained his office during a midterm race and 8+ point sweep for democrats.

[High ****ing Five]

Move the football forward. Don't play the "Make/Leave it worse so people have to make it better" later game. It doesn't pay off.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 texasgoldrush

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

He was stripped of his committee assignments AFTER he was re-elected in 2018, as the comments he made that got him to lose these assignments were made in Jan. 2019,, so he would have been weaker now than he was last election.

Is his loss worth the tradeoff of not picking up the seat? Absolutely. But the Dems loss here is now ensured.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 texasgoldrush

He definitely is an Ayanna Pressley type candidate. I think he has a 70% chance to win now. He has all the momentum.

Engel, not so much.

He has basically repeated Joe Crowley's mistakes down to the tee. Its crazy that he hasn't learned from, you know, the biggest political story of the 2018 campaign.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#12 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7217 Posts

Why are so many Republican racist. Could never support such an evil group of people.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26105 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Why are so many Republican racist. Could never support such an evil group of people.

When Democrats (the former conservative party) had prominent members that sided with the civil rights activists during the civil rights movement (like the Kennedys), the conservatives jumped ship to the Republicans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

@Willy105: Be prepared, you are about to be bombarded with posts about how the switch never happened.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 texasgoldrush

Kentucky Senate Primary

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/09/progressive-democrat-charles-booker-gains-steam-against-pro-trump-democrat-amy

We may have an upset here as well in the race to face Mitch McConnell, where the party favorite centrist Amy McGrath may lose to a surging progressive Charles Booker who is picking up steam.

It seems to me the centrists just don't get it here. Amy McGrath is a terrible candidate who lost a House race two years ago in a blue wave election in a swing district despite outspending her incumbent opponent. What makes them think she can beat Mitch McConnell? Nevermind, she made a boneheaded gaffe to where she said she would work with Trump better than Mitch McConnell can. She is a weak candidate who projects weakness every time she talks.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By texasgoldrush

Wow, Bowman just destroyed Engel in their second debate.

Engel walked right into Bowman's AOC-style counterattack.

While I do think Engel still has a chance and that he may have that stubborn hidden support thats not online, it feels like his internal polling shows him in serious trouble. It shows with the behavior of the candidate. Candidates that are threatened or behind tend to attack their opponent more (especially an incumbent on a challenger) and run a less positive campaign about themselves, and this can lead to nasty or wild attacks like the one Engel had. This is something always to watch in races.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 texasgoldrush

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/14/politics/virginia-5th-district-gop-convention-riggleman/index.html

A Republican just lost his nomination in a convention vote so its now a Democrat and 2 Republican incumbents gone. Engel and Yvette Clark are in trouble on the Dem side.

@Willy105 said:
@mesome713 said:

When Democrats (the former conservative party) had prominent members that sided with the civil rights activists during the civil rights movement (like the Kennedys), the conservatives jumped ship to the Republicans.

The Democrats were are a broad tent back then, spanning left to right, in the 30's through 50's.

Did you know that the New Deal Dems dominated Congress from 1933-1994, only losing the House for 4 years? Even with the Southern Dems going GOP, they still retained the stranglehold, until Bill Clinton's New Democrats took over.