N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/09/3-americans-detained-in-north-korea-in-good-health-and-on-their-way-back-to-us-trump-says.html

God Bless Trump.

Three American prisoners held in North Korea have been released and are en route to the U.S. after a surprise diplomatic mission by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, President Trump announced Wednesday.

Pompeo is returning with the Americans, said to be in "good health," after a brief visit to Pyongyang. Trump said he plans to greet them at Andrews Air Force Base when they arrive outside Washington.

“I am pleased to inform you that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is in the air and on his way back from North Korea with the 3 wonderful gentlemen that everyone is looking so forward to meeting,” Trump tweeted, referring to the prisoners. “They seem to be in good health.”

I am pleased to inform you that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is in the air and on his way back from North Korea with the 3 wonderful gentlemen that everyone is looking so forward to meeting. They seem to be in good health. Also, good meeting with Kim Jong Un. Date & Place set.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

Excellent news :D

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@n64dd: Good news

Those Americans deserve to be released and come back home.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Why exactly were they in N.K.?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

From the article:

Kim Dong Chul, a South Korea-born U.S. citizen and former Virginia resident, was sentenced in April 2016 to 10 years in prison with hard labor after being convicted of espionage. He reportedly ran a trade and hotel service company in Rason, a special economic zone on North Korea's border with Russia.

Tony Kim was detained at Pyongyang's airport in April 2017 and accused of unspecified "hostile acts" against the regime. He taught accounting at the Pyongyang University of Science and Technology. In a statement, Kim's family thanked "all of those who have worked toward and contributed to his return home."

Kim Hak Song, an ethnic Korean born in China, was detained in May 2017 for "hostile acts." He worked in agricultural development at an experimental farm run by the Pyongyang University of Science and Technology, which was founded in 2010 with donations from Christian groups.

Third dude sounds like a type of missionary. yikes

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

I saw it on CNN, thus it is fake news.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

One of the guys was a christian missionary i think. But North Korea views there leader as a god, so spreading religion in their country is often viewed as a crime.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

4 came home under Obama as well.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Great news.

One of these dudes has been held in NK solitary since 2015. I wonder how he will react when he lands back home and is greeted on the tarmac by President Donald J. Trump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Great news.

One of these dudes has been held in NK solitary since 2015. I wonder how he will react when he lands back home and is greeted on the tarmac by President Donald J. Trump.

He may ask North Korea to take him back if that happens.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Great news.

He'll probably think someone's pulling his leg.

"OK, good job, you almost had me there. Where's the real president?"

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Great news.

"....Am I fired?"

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jacanuk

@sonicare said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

Great news.

He may ask North Korea to take him back if that happens.

You are right because being free and home in America with Trump is far worse than being imprisoned in North Korea.

I wonder if Fred Warmbier is feeling the same as you are.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

good to hear.

why americans still travel there when it's been shown time and time again that they can pick you up and use you as a political pawn anytime they like is beyond me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

good to hear.

why americans still travel there when it's been shown time and time again that they can pick you up and use your as a political pawn anytime they like is beyond me.

Because stupid. And therefore no sympathy when it happens.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@needhealing said:

Yet Obama couldn't get North and South Korea to come to an agreement.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Diddies said:
@needhealing said:

Trump hasn't either if we're being fair.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Diddies

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Diddies said:
@needhealing said:

I guess you live under a rock. Literally the South Korean President thanked him and stated he should get the Nobel Peace Prize.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Diddies said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Diddies said:
@needhealing said:

I guess you live under a rock. Literally the South Korean President thanked him and stated he should get the Nobel Peace Prize.

And the North Korean dictator said no.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Diddies

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Diddies said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Diddies said:
@needhealing said:

Actually he didn't say that. That is a liberal news source spewing fake information. Also, he released 3 prisoners. I know how much you want Trump to fail, but it totally has to do with Trump and you can say good job even if you don't like it.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Diddies said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Diddies said:
@needhealing said:

Regardless of how one may feel about Trump, taking the side of a dictator over a democratically elected official just because the dictator was the one out of the two that spoke negatively about Trump seems a little petty in this situation.

I’m not saying that he actually deserves the award, since they haven’t actually made a deal yet, but I would at least give it some thought if the end result is lasting peace and not Kim deciding to throw everything he got at Seoul before Pyongyang got blown to pieces.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Diddies said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Diddies said:

Regardless of how one may feel about Trump, taking the side of a dictator over a democratically elected official just because the dictator was the one out of the two that spoke negatively about Trump seems a little petty in this situation.

I’m not saying that he actually deserves the award, since they haven’t actually made a deal yet, but I would at least give it some thought if the end result is lasting peace and not Kim deciding to throw everything he got at Seoul before Pyongyang got blown to pieces.

Don´t worry about LJS, all he/she cares about is post counts and as to Trump will take the opposite stand no matter what.

Trump could cure cancer and LJS would still find something wrong and disagree that it´s a good thing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic  Online

@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Well as we all know trump is a big liar. His word means absolutely nothing. And we all know he brags about himself constantly. Also lies.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7246 Posts

This is good news. I'll give Trump some credit, just like I did Obama all the times it happened during his administration.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Diddies said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Diddies said:

If it happens, why not give one of the Korean Leaders the prize since they would be the ones who negotiated the peace? Or Xi Jinping for that matter?

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Diddies

@Serraph105: because they couldn’t get their shit together until you had trump jump in to tell Kim to make it work.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Well as we all know trump is a big liar. His word means absolutely nothing. And we all know he brags about himself constantly. Also lies.

It isn't about whether or not he is a liar, it is about believing Kim Jong Un over President Moon just because Kim said something negative about President Trump. But to each their own.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@Diddies said:

@Serraph105: because they couldn’t get their shit together until you had trump jump in to tell Kim to make it work.

I'm still siding with Kim on this (of course I said so before he said anything) and say Trump had nothing to do with Kim's reasons. Whatever makes you feel good though man.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Diddies

@Serraph105: well then you just don’t want to believe it because it was trump. Lol Kim never stated anything about trump not being part of the decision. That was lying media. Lol the South Korean president stated it was trump. Damn...all evidence points towards trump and you can’t stand it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Diddies: why wouldn't the south Korean president thank trump? Even if trump had litterally nothing to do with it, it would be beneficial for him to thank him, so again why wouldn't he?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic  Online

@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It isn't about whether or not he is a liar, it is about believing Kim Jong Un over President Moon just because Kim said something negative about President Trump. But to each their own.

Considering trump has had no meetings then it's not hard to discount.