Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@ruthaford_jive said:

@drunk_pi: Wow... I predicted what argument you would use next... then you used it... and now your original point is moot. Jesus.

This clearly isn't going anywhere. We can just agree to disagree.

What are you arguing? That the gun owners of America will defend the rights and freedoms of all citizens? What is there to argue with a faux patriot who thinks dying from a police officer is an "accident?"

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#452  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

Putting more guns in schools will lead to more school shootings. It's not a what if. It's what will happen. Arming teachers is a stupid idea put out there by right wing idiots.

ruthaford_jive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 ruthaford_jive
Member since 2004 • 519 Posts

@bigfootpart2: Here's an interesting read: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cdc-study-use-firearms-self-defense-important-crime-deterrent

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 bigfootpart2

That was pretty much devoid of any meaningful statistics. The FBI keeps statistics. There are around 30,000 gun related deaths in the US every year. Only about 200 are self defense related. Guns are almost never used for self defense.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#455 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@ruthaford_jive: I got no problem with that.

ruthaford_jive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 ruthaford_jive

@SUD123456:

You: Are you personally emotionally distressed because of this latest incident? Because if so, you may not want to make important decisions.

Me: No, I am not personally distressed. Do I feel for the grieving families? Of course. Not the same thing though.

You: If you aren't, then is it fair to say that you are capable of and should make informed decisions?

Me: Your point? There are degrees of distress, mind you.

You: Now apply the same logic to your leaders/lawmakers.

Me: I do. And I expect them to remain logical, and not give over inherent rights because people are hurting and in pain. That’s ridiculous. Those rights transcend each of our individual lives. A hundred years from now, future Americans will have those same rights. There’s no need to take them away because statistically rare terrible things happened in the past.

You: Your 'logic' is absurd. It is nothing more than your own knee jerk reaction to the possibility that a public policy choice might be made that you don't support. Perhaps you are indeed emotionally distressed but for a different reason.

Me: No, it’s not. Also, enacting some policy because something horrible happened and emotions are roiling is the definition of knee-jerk. Is part of your argument that my point is moot because I agree with my point? That’s silly. Of course I do, or I wouldn’t be making it. Also. There are degrees of distress. We’re all anxious, distressed or on edge to some degree quite often and have to make choices, but intelligent people let themselves cool off before making far reaching life choices. Having your kid die from a psychopathic SOB would end up on the very high end of the emotional distress spectrum. Making decisions (especially collective, national level decisions) with that level of distress is foolish.

You: Virtually all public policy choices are made when a series of events forces the issue into public consciousness. There is an infinite number of things that gov't could do, but only a handful actually make it anywhere. Ever wonder why?

Me: Just because something happens, doesn’t make it right. I don’t expect perfection, since we are inherently flawed creatures. I do expect a modicum of reason to be used instead of reactions based off raw emotions. What you are advocating for is literally a knee-jerk reaction, despite claiming I am reacting in such a fashion.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@bigfootpart2: The level of stupid in your post is impressive. Comparing a GUN (AR-15) to tanks and nukes, wow, just wow. It's not the first time that ungodly dumb tatic has tried to be used, yet no matter how many times it's brought up it's no less stupid then it was the previous time. Here's a hint, a tank, nuke, etc, AREN'T guns.

ruthaford_jive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460  Edited By ruthaford_jive

@drunk_pi: I was arguing that teachers should be allowed to carry.

You argued that mistakes and accidents would happen, thinking it would be a dumb idea. You also put your article in that reply.

I then argued (after reading your article) that worrying about potential mistakes was foolish, because accidents and mistakes are a part of life. Then I predicted that you would say that those police shootings weren't accidents, which would then make your initial point (that accidents would happen) pointless, since according to you those police shootings were intended and not accidents.

So... why use an article about police accidentally shooting people, to argue that accidents would happen if teachers had guns, if according to you those very police shootings weren't accidents? So, like I said. Which is it. Are you trying to prove your initial point (that teachers having guns would result in accidents) or your second point (that the shootings in your article by cops weren't accidents, but because of police corruption.)

Also. How am I a faux patriot? Because I disagree with you and respect and support the 2nd amendment?

ruthaford_jive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 ruthaford_jive

@joebones5000: <sigh> The report and findings are from the CDC, pal.

ruthaford_jive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462  Edited By ruthaford_jive

@drunk_pi: Cuckservative? Looks like you lost the argument. Also, I'm a Libertarian, which means I have liberal and conservative leanings. Also, whose telling them to shut up?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 Drunk_PI

@ruthaford_jive said:

@drunk_pi: I was arguing that teachers should be allowed to carry.

You argued that mistakes and accidents would happen, thinking it would be a dumb idea. You also put your article in that reply.

I then argued (after reading your article) that worrying about potential mistakes was foolish, because accidents and mistakes are a part of life. Then I predicted that you would say that those police shootings weren't accidents, which would then make your initial point (that accidents would happen) pointless, since according to you those police shootings were intended and not accidents.

So... why use an article about police accidentally shooting people, to argue that accidents would happen if teachers had guns, if according to you those very police shootings weren't accidents? So, like I said. Which is it. Are you trying to prove your initial point (that teachers having guns would result in accidents) or your second point (that the shootings in your article by cops weren't accidents, but because of police corruption.)

Also. How am I a faux patriot? Because I disagree with you and respect and support the 2nd amendment?

You're arguing for idiotic concepts that have no place in real life. Armed teachers? That's a terrible fucking idea due to the amount of problems that can arise such as accidental discharges, teachers shooting kids, kids disarming teachers, and so on. Here's a better idea and something that every country has done: Ban or severely limit guns. It works.

Also, what article are you talking about? While some police shootings have been "accidental," its cost has been significant due to the loss of life, especially if the person shot was not armed or was of mistaken identity. This doesn't help your argument that accidental shootings just "happen."

And no, you're a faux patriot because you legitimately believe in your own bullshit that 2A supporters will oppose a tyrannical government. It hasn't nor will it ever happen. Your type doesn't give a crap about those who legitimately oppressed because you care more about jerking off to your AR15s than the lives of your fellow Americans.

ruthaford_jive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 ruthaford_jive

@drunk_pi:

You: You're arguing for idiotic concepts that have no place in real life. Armed teachers? That's a terrible fucking idea due to the amount of problems that can arise such as accidental discharges, teachers shooting kids, kids disarming teachers, and so on. Here's a better idea and something that every country has done: Ban or severely limit guns. It works.

Me: No, it doesn’t. And calm down child, your stupidity is showing.

You: Also, what article are you talking about? While some police shootings have been "accidental," its cost has been significant due to the loss of life, especially if the person shot was not armed or was of mistaken identity. This doesn't help your argument that accidental shootings just "happen."

Me: You’re right. It wasn’t your article, it was another guy’s. I think you replied to my reply of his. Anyway, all of the left’s arguments are the same and meld into one another after a while so it’s hard to distinguish one fool from another. I’ll give you that one.

You: And no, you're a faux patriot because you legitimately believe in your own bullshit that 2A supporters will oppose a tyrannical government. It hasn't nor will it ever happen. Your type doesn't give a crap about those who legitimately oppressed because you care more about jerking off to your AR15s than the lives of your fellow Americans.

Me: My type? What type is that?

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466  Edited By bigfootpart2

@vfighter said:

@bigfootpart2: The level of stupid in your post is impressive. Comparing a GUN (AR-15) to tanks and nukes, wow, just wow. It's not the first time that ungodly dumb tatic has tried to be used, yet no matter how many times it's brought up it's no less stupid then it was the previous time. Here's a hint, a tank, nuke, etc, AREN'T guns.

And yet, if you wanted to face off in a guerrilla war against a tyrannical US government you would potentially be facing off against powerful heavy weapons like tanks and nukes that a gun would be no match for. The idea of taking down a tyrannical government with an AR-15 is delusional nonsense. You would need heavy weapons. Heavy weapons that would be even more insane for civilians to own than AR-15s.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#467 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Well this is awkward

"If you had a teacher who was adept with the firearm, they could end the attack very quickly," he said, stating that schools could arm up to 20% of their teachers to stop "maniacs" who may try and attack them."This would be obviously only for people who were very adept at handling a gun, and it would be, it's called concealed carry, where a teacher would have a concealed gun on them. They'd go for special training and they would be there and you would no longer have a gun-free zone," Trump said. "Gun-free zone to a maniac -- because they're all cowards -- a gun-free zone is 'let's go in and let's attack because bullets aren't coming back at us.'

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 Drunk_PI

@ruthaford_jive said:

@drunk_pi:

You: You're arguing for idiotic concepts that have no place in real life. Armed teachers? That's a terrible fucking idea due to the amount of problems that can arise such as accidental discharges, teachers shooting kids, kids disarming teachers, and so on. Here's a better idea and something that every country has done: Ban or severely limit guns. It works.

Me: No, it doesn’t. And calm down child, your stupidity is showing.

How is it not a bad idea? Please explain without resorting to insults. But I don't expect much from fanatics such as yourself.

You: Also, what article are you talking about? While some police shootings have been "accidental," its cost has been significant due to the loss of life, especially if the person shot was not armed or was of mistaken identity. This doesn't help your argument that accidental shootings just "happen."

Me: You’re right. It wasn’t your article, it was another guy’s. I think you replied to my reply of his. Anyway, all of the left’s arguments are the same and meld into one another after a while so it’s hard to distinguish one fool from another. I’ll give you that one.

Sorry the truth triggers you.

You: And no, you're a faux patriot because you legitimately believe in your own bullshit that 2A supporters will oppose a tyrannical government. It hasn't nor will it ever happen. Your type doesn't give a crap about those who legitimately oppressed because you care more about jerking off to your AR15s than the lives of your fellow Americans.

Me: My type? What type is that?

The type that has delusions of grandeur about starting or even thinking a revolution will ever occur.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#469 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@bigfootpart2 said:
@ruthaford_jive said:

@cainetao11: Why would them being armed inherently make their quality plummet?

Hell, I'll even take back a point, namely that it should be mandatory. Why not let teachers willing to carry and train do it, and then fill the gap with more security?

Teachers carrying guns is about the dumbest fucking idea ever. It will lead to even more school shootings when some teacher with mental health problems goes on a shooting spree or a kid gets the gun away from the teacher and goes on a shooting spree. The answer to too many guns is not more guns.

It works in Israel, so I guess their teachers are better than ours.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#470 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@JimB: Teachers in Israel don't Cary guns.

Stop getting your news from Facebook

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By bigfootpart2

Even if they did carry guns, which they don't (this claim is based on debunked fake news), Israel has compulsory military service. Meaning the teachers are all or nearly all ex soldiers.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@ruthaford_jive said:

@N30F3N1X: It's exhausting. It's all emotion based, 'you don't care about the children' nonsense. Who the hell makes serious life choices in a time of emotional distress? No one intelligent. So why would we do it as a country. It's fucking ridiculous.

As a country we don't do it PERIOD. We just whine.....the right...when it happens again and people call for restrictions. Maybe it is time to change that amendment.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@joebones5000 said:
@tryit said:
@joebones5000 said:
@tryit said:

This is a random post but not a random fact that hopefully will get people in this discussion more in the correct direction.

violent crime in american is DOWN..not up and dramatically. so although crazy people do need to be re-programmed a rise in crazyness is actually not the cause of the rise of mass shootings. so we really should stop with that angle completely.

Source:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/01/30/5-facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

'Using the FBI numbers, the violent crime rate fell 48% between 1993 and 2016. Using the BJS data, the rate fell 74% during that span. (For both studies, 2016 is the most recent full year of data.) It’s important to note that the FBI reported a 7% increase in the violent crime rate between 2014 and 2016, including a 20% rise in the murder rate —from 4.4 to 5.3 murders per 100,000 residents. The BJS figures do not show an increase in the violent crime rate between 2014 and 2016, but they do not count murders. The BJS figures for 2016 also reflect a survey redesign, making it difficult to compare directly to prior years.'

The gun nuts will quickly jump on this claiming it is because of more guns, but we know for a fact that while a small group of gun maniacs have bought more and more guns, gun ownership as a whole has declined drastically the past 40 years.

actually it appears 'gun ownership' has actually gone up not down, just owned by less people

38%

Increase in total number of guns owned in the United States since 1994.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/02/us-gun-control-ownership-violence-statistics

so its not a society problem actually, its a physical metal problem

Nope. It's an easy access to guns problem. Read that article again. Gun ownership is way down. I did write what you wrote - that fewer people own guns, but that the gun nuts own more. Mental illness is a bullshit scapegoat concocted by the NRA and the right to deflect from the fact that is an access to guns problem.

that is not gun ownership.

If there are literally more guns in the private hands then in the past then gun ownership has gone UP not down.

ownership is not depended on number of people who own a gun, its number of guns.

your trying to obfuscate the 'reality' here

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@vfighter said:

They are all, however, war tools. Which citizens don't need what with the well regulated militia the amendment says we have the right to have.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475  Edited By bigfootpart2

@tryit said:
@joebones5000 said:
@tryit said:
@joebones5000 said:

The gun nuts will quickly jump on this claiming it is because of more guns, but we know for a fact that while a small group of gun maniacs have bought more and more guns, gun ownership as a whole has declined drastically the past 40 years.

actually it appears 'gun ownership' has actually gone up not down, just owned by less people

38%

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/02/us-gun-control-ownership-violence-statistics

Nope. It's an easy access to guns problem. Read that article again. Gun ownership is way down. I did write what you wrote - that fewer people own guns, but that the gun nuts own more. Mental illness is a bullshit scapegoat concocted by the NRA and the right to deflect from the fact that is an access to guns problem.

If there are literally more guns in the private hands then in the past then gun ownership has gone UP not down.

ownership is not depended on number of people who own a gun, its number of guns.

I'll make this very simple. What is going on is a small number of gun nuts are hording guns. Members of that 3% that own 50% of the guns typically have 20 or more guns. Gun ownership is not as widespread as the NRA and gun lobby want you to believe. The overwhelming majority of Americans do not own guns, and that majority is growing over the years. You have more and more guns in the hands of fewer and fewer people.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 LJS9502_basic

@bigfootpart2 said:
@tryit said:
@joebones5000 said:

I'll make this very simple. What is going on is a small number of gun nuts are hording guns. Members of that 3% that own 50% of the guns typically have 20 or more guns. Gun ownership is not as widespread as the NRA and gun lobby wants you to believe. The overwhelming majority of Americans do not own guns.

The majority of Americans also want restrictions on gun ownership. But the politicians are paid by the NRA.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 TryIt

@bigfootpart2 said:
@tryit said:
@joebones5000 said:
@tryit said:
@joebones5000 said:

38%

I'll make this very simple. What is going on is a small number of gun nuts are hording guns. Members of that 3% that own 50% of the guns typically have 20 or more guns. Gun ownership is not as widespread as the NRA and gun lobby want you to believe. The overwhelming majority of Americans do not own guns, and that majority is growing over the years. You have more and more guns in the hands of fewer and fewer people.

the problem with your spin on 'gun ownership' is that pro-violence groups use that to their advantage and it distorts the reality.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 bigfootpart2

What pro-violence groups are you talking about?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479  Edited By TryIt

@bigfootpart2 said:

What pro-violence groups are you talking about?

the pro-violence group that is outspoken!

not to be confused with pro-gun group which is also an abstraction, its is different but its real pro-violence groups are real and highly active.

A way to tell the difference is that if a persons first reaction to solving a problem is a violent solution then they are pro-violent

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#480  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

I mean there is an easy solution to all of these school shootings: we should be protecting our children how we protect our banks and we protect our banks with armed guards. Every elementary and high school should have an armed private security force. Every entrance should be guarded by guards and with a metal detector which would give both students and the faculty staff peace of mind. A blanket gun ban with NEVER happen in America because it is protected by our constitution and forcing teachers to carry guns will never work since the vast majority of them are liberal and want nothing to do with a gun. However, in addition to the security presence, if teachers want to volunteer to get a license to carry, then they should go that route. Until we do this, there are going to be more and more shootings and sorry, but we are probably never going to be able to prevent crazy people from obtaining weapons, but the solution above is the next best thing. We can debate this until the end of time, but only an armed security presence will deter and prevent these kinds of tragedies.

At my high school, we had a private security team and we also had a sheriff liaison and guess what? We NEVER had a school shooting EVER. Again the solution is easy, but liberals often heavily oppose such solutions like this and they would rather just talk about it instead of performing actions. Actions speak louder than words and it's time to nip this problem in the butt once and for all.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu said:

I mean there is an easy solution to all of these school shootings: we should be protecting our children how we protect our banks and we protect our banks with armed guards. Every elementary and high school should have an armed private security force. Every entrance should be guarded by guards and with a metal detector which would give both students and the faculty staff peace of mind. A blanket gun ban with NEVER happen in America because it is protected by our constitution and forcing teachers to carry guns will never work since the vast majority of them are liberal and want nothing to do with a gun. However, in addition to the security presence, if teachers want to volunteer to get a license to carry, then they should go that route. Until we do this, there are going to be more and more shootings and sorry, but we are probably never going to be able to prevent crazy people from obtaining weapons, but my solution is the next best thing. We can debate this until the end of time, but only an armed security presence will deter and prevent these kinds of tragedies.

At my high school, we had a private security team and we also had a sheriff liaison and guess what? We had NEVER had a school shooting EVER. Again the solution is easy, but liberals often heavily oppose such solutions like this and they would rather just talk about it instead of performing actions. Actions speak louder than words and it's time to nip this problem in the butt.

That would be a creepy but solid solution. Problem is funding?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@n64dd said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:

I mean there is an easy solution to all of these school shootings: we should be protecting our children how we protect our banks and we protect our banks with armed guards. Every elementary and high school should have an armed private security force. Every entrance should be guarded by guards and with a metal detector which would give both students and the faculty staff peace of mind. A blanket gun ban with NEVER happen in America because it is protected by our constitution and forcing teachers to carry guns will never work since the vast majority of them are liberal and want nothing to do with a gun. However, in addition to the security presence, if teachers want to volunteer to get a license to carry, then they should go that route. Until we do this, there are going to be more and more shootings and sorry, but we are probably never going to be able to prevent crazy people from obtaining weapons, but my solution is the next best thing. We can debate this until the end of time, but only an armed security presence will deter and prevent these kinds of tragedies.

At my high school, we had a private security team and we also had a sheriff liaison and guess what? We had NEVER had a school shooting EVER. Again the solution is easy, but liberals often heavily oppose such solutions like this and they would rather just talk about it instead of performing actions. Actions speak louder than words and it's time to nip this problem in the butt.

The problem isn't funding, we could take some money from the defense budget and problem solved. But what's more important? Funding or protecting our children?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu said:
@n64dd said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:

The problem isn't funding, we could take some money from the defense budget and problem solved. But what's more important? Funding or protecting our children?

I don't disagree there. Shit if they raised our taxes for this a little bit, to ensure safety I would gladly pay for that shit, instead of michigan taxes for roads that never get fixed.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484  Edited By TryIt

@n64dd said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:
@n64dd said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:

I don't disagree there. Shit if they raised our taxes for this a little bit, to ensure safety I would gladly pay for that shit, instead of michigan taxes for roads that never get fixed.

most teachers have to pay for their own school supplies.

but we are excited about giving them guns so that they can use violence to solve a violent problem but still have them pay for their own school supplies.

and people have a problem with my phrase 'pro-violent'?

oh and there is a little bit of a problem of kids stealing said guns

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485  Edited By bigfootpart2

-kids would get a hold of the teachers' guns and go on shootings sprees

-teachers would have "mental health issues" themselves and go on shootings sprees

-during a school shooting, the police wold mistake the armed teacher for an active shooter and shoot the teacher

-teachers are not cops or soldiers. Trying to take down an active shooter, they would kill innocent bystanders

Arming teachers is an extremely dumb idea for a lot of reasons. The right wing pundits suggesting this are a bunch of morons.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#486 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@tryit said:

but we are excited about giving them guns so that they can use violence to solve a violent problem but still have them pay for their own school supplies.

This? Why on earth isn't the school providing this?

I wonder where the money for guns will come from.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 TryIt

@horgen said:
@tryit said:

This? Why on earth isn't the school providing this?

I wonder where the money for guns will come from.

because its the united states is the only answer I can think of.

but yeah and we are talking about basic school supplies for the kids

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:

Take the tax break back off the wealthy..................

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:

Everyone got a tax break

@bigfootpart2 said:

-teachers would have "mental health issues" themselves and go on shootings sprees

-during a school shooting, the police wold mistake the armed teacher for an active shooter and shoot the teacher

-teachers are not cops or soldiers. Trying to take down an active shooter, they would kill innocent bystanders

Arming teachers is an extremely dumb idea for a lot of reasons. The right wing pundits suggesting this are a bunch of morons.

You liberals don't know how guns work do you?

I said that giving teachers guns wouldn't be the solution because most teachers would be opposed to it, but you act like if some of them had a gun then they would just leave it on a desk unattended. That is actually illegal and if a kid gets a hold of it, the said teacher can be charged with criminal negligence. No kid is going to be grabbing a gun that is holstered around a teacher's waste- give me a fucking break.

Again, I said that a private security force would be the answer, not giving teachers guns- I said that some teachers can get a special license to carry while on campus, but a vast majority of teachers would be strictly opposed to this so just let a private and trained security company handle this.

Also LJS9502_basic, you do realize that everyone got a tax break right, except for the lowest tax rate which has remained at 10% and except for I think people that make between 200k-400k because their tax rate actually got increased. Do your homework and get your facts straight.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 LJS9502_basic

@mighty-lu-bu: Are you having problems understanding my post? Because apparently you are since you've veered away from it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@LJS9502_basic: It was an idiotic post- "take the tax break off the wealthy?" Everyone got a tax break except for the lowest tax bracket and the bracket from 200k-400k. Didn't steer away from anything, that's why I addressed it because it was so moronic.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 LJS9502_basic

@mighty-lu-bu said:

@LJS9502_basic: It was an idiotic post- "take the tax break off the wealthy?" Everyone got a tax break except for the lowest tax bracket and the bracket from 200k-400k. Didn't steer away from anything, that's why I addressed it because it was so moronic.

What's moronic is your inability to understand my post. It wasn't that complicated. Try again. I'll wait.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:

What's moronic is your inability to understand my post. It wasn't that complicated. Try again. I'll wait.

Keep waiting bub.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 LJS9502_basic

@mighty-lu-bu: Well at least we've established you didn't understand it.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495  Edited By bigfootpart2

@mighty-lu-bu said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:

Everyone got a tax break

@bigfootpart2 said:

I probably know more about guns and can probably outshoot anyone in this thread. I used to be a competition shooter. I used to reload my own ammo. I support gun control. The "liberals know nothing about guns and have probably never shot one dur hur" argument is so dumb. Some of us support gun control because we know exactly what we are talking about when it comes to guns.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#496 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@JimB: Teachers in Israel don't Cary guns.

Stop getting your news from Facebook

I don't use that piece of trash. Try looking up the action Isreal took to protect their students from terror attacks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#497 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@JimB: it didn't involve giving teachers guns.

Every time there's a mass shooting in a school the same fake news story resurfaces about teachers in Israel having guns.

https://www.snopes.com/is-armed-teacher-students-israel/

It's obviously bullshit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@bigfootpart2 said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:

Everyone got a tax break

@bigfootpart2 said:

I probably know more about guns and can probably outshoot anyone in this thread. I used to be a competition shooter. I used to reload my own ammo. I support gun control. The "liberals know nothing about guns and have probably never shot one dur hur" argument is so dumb. Some of us support gun control because we know exactly what we are talking about when it comes to guns.

Well for someone who knows about guns then you of all people would know that if a gun is holstered then a kid simply isn't going to get a hold of the gun and go on a shooting spree. I am surprised that you didn't use any of your gun knowledge when you typed that statement and I am a bit baffled by how you came to that ridiculous conclusion. Also, when was the last mass shooting that was committed by a teacher? I can't think of one off of the top of my head. Remember, I said that schools should hire private armed security guards because there would be no way to force teachers to carry guys because a vast majority of them are liberals and they don't want anything to do with guns. If there are certain teachers who want to get a special license to carry on school grounds that's one thing, but the solution here isn't arming teachers, it is hiring private guards which is what I said initially which makes all of your arguments pretty invalid.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499  Edited By bigfootpart2

I don't want private guards either. Orlando mass shooter Omar Mateen who killed 49 people was a private security guard. Those companies are sketchy as hell when it comes to background checks. Putting mall cops with guns in schools is a terrible idea.

I would be fine with more armed real police officers or sheriffs deputies protecting schools. Arming teachers is dumb. Hiring private security is dumb. Real cops only please.

Also lol at you thinking liberals are all limp wristed sissies who can't handle guns.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 TryIt

@bigfootpart2 said:

Also lol at you thinking liberals are all limp wristed sissies who can't handle guns. It's not that they can't handle them. It's that it's a moronic idea.

the irony is currently they want to give these 'limp wristed sissies' guns and expect them to be good at it simply because they are in a position of authority over the children.

Thats right!...everything in the school system is the fault of incompetent teachers they say...so lets do what? give those people guns?

its almost like politicians are TRYING to get more people killed