tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3750 Posts

The leader of the right wing trumpets who planned to kidnap and murder the Michigan governor has been sentenced to 16 years in prison. If you ask me, life should have been given, but there we have it.

When is this right wing Maga terrorism nonsense going to end? It's astounding how gullible and dangerous these people and this goody Maga movement are. 🙎‍♂️

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sentence-next-driving-force-behind-202617888.html

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@tjandmia said:

The leader of the right wing trumpets who planned to kidnap and murder the Michigan governor has been sentenced to 16 years in prison. If you ask me, life should have been given, but there we have it.

When is this right wing Maga terrorism nonsense going to end? It's astounding how gullible and dangerous these people and this goody Maga movement are. 🙎‍♂️

Agree it should of been much longer his jail sentence. Unfortunately right wing terrorism is probably never going to end when you have a party that prides themselves on hate and ignorance.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58505 Posts

Good.

And yes, to my fellow posters that support far-right politics, Trump, etc...I do feel the law and sentences should apply to everyone. Just saying it now because I know some jackass will come in like they always do and ask "oh would you be saying this if it were a left wing terrorist!?"

Just imagine if the FBI and law enforcement wasn't onto this case early. It could have been so much worse. These guys wanted to kidnap a politician and blow up a bridge to cover their escape.

Daniel Harris, who was acquitted by a jury earlier this year for his involvement in the plot, sat next to Fox’s mother in the gallery and hugged her after the sentencing was read. Fox looked into the gallery multiple times, often mouthing words.

He shook his head and repeatedly smirked while Assistant U.S. Attorney Nils Kessler spoke. Kessler said Fox’s smirking was a sign that he showed no regret.

I'd keep tabs on his co-conspirators, acquitted or not.

@warmblur said:
@tjandmia said:

Agree it should of been much longer his jail sentence. Unfortunately right wing terrorism is probably never going to end when you have a party that prides themselves on hate and ignorance.

I think life would have martyred him, made him mobilize more people. These militias are everywhere, often have local law enforcement as members.

Need to find a punishment between too light to fear and too heavy to immortalize.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23055 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I think "**** terrorists," is something we should all be able to agree on regardless of whether or not the terrorist carries water for a party.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58505 Posts
@mattbbpl said:

@mrbojangles25: I think "**** terrorists," is something we should all be able to agree on regardless of whether or not the terrorist carries water for a party.

Completely agree.

And yet here we are in the 21st century with Nazi sympathizers and fascist supporters and folks that stormed the capital because they don't like democracy.

You ask too much! 😋

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23055 Posts

...Deep Sigh....

It appears you're right.

It blows my mind that we're back to Nazi shit in a major party again. I really thought that was dead and buried for good outside of a few random loons giving speeches in empty library conference rooms. But I guess a lot can happen from the 1990s to the 2010s.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17693 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

...Deep Sigh....

It appears you're right.

It blows my mind that we're back to Nazi shit in a major party again. I really thought that was dead and buried for good outside of a few random loons giving speeches in empty library conference rooms. But I guess a lot can happen from the 1990s to the 2010s.

If there’s one thing that Trump’s rise has shown me, it’s that racism and prejudice are not diminished at all, they’re simply subdued by the societal expectations we all feel precluded to act against due to public stigma and ostracism.

…..a stigma and ostracism that is lessened when someone comes out granting license to eschew those expectations, then people feel free to indulge in their worst inclinations without fear of consequence. I’ve had a few people, some very close to me (father) and who I thought were the furthest from racists, explicitly declare themselves to be. Almost as a statement of great relief they didn’t feel the need to hide it anymore.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Good.

And yes, to my fellow posters that support far-right politics, Trump, etc...I do feel the law and sentences should apply to everyone. Just saying it now because I know some jackass will come in like they always do and ask "oh would you be saying this if it were a left wing terrorist!?"

Pretty sure when this case was deemed mistrial months ago, there was happy right wingers here and said it was a FBI conspiracy theory.

Classy bunch.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6965 Posts

@zaryia: You are correct.

Although we both know that the jury was made up of radical Marxist democrats....

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

Very happy to see that idiot face consequences. Hopefully his orange puppeteer will follow.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

He'll come back for the civil war. Isn't that typically what happens?

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13 Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

16 Years. And they say that they're trying to make the country safer.