Your very first PlayStation game?

#51 Edited by Open_Lane (74 posts) -

I think mine was resident evil 2, if i remember correctly. I either bought or borrowed the system from a friend at the time. A very foggy memory, but a very good one.

#53 Posted by Dagubot (1016 posts) -

Probably Crash, Twisted Metal, or Resident Evil 2. I can't really recall...lol.

#54 Posted by Shantmaster_K (1243 posts) -

My first PS was the PS2. My parents got me GTA: Vice City with it.

#55 Edited by djura (542 posts) -

The first PlayStation game I owned was Final Fantasy VII. I still have very fond memories of playing that for the first time. :-)

#56 Posted by VFighter (4037 posts) -

When I got my PlayStation I think the first game I had for it was Tekken 2. I was on the fence about getting that or a Saturn and Virtua Fighter but the PlayStations library of games was already dwarfing the Saturn's and I believe it was cheaper also.

#58 Posted by gamingwithrey (19 posts) -

Gran Turismo 2 was my first one

#59 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10231 posts) -

I got Croc from my parents

#60 Edited by Loodko_Koopus (69 posts) -

Tekken 3 for ps1 and Devil May Cry for ps2

#61 Edited by soul_starter (1376 posts) -

Time Crisis, which came with my PS1. I spent hours and hours on that game...and the funny part is, in those first few months, my dad hadn't even bought me a memory card so I just used to reply the same section over and over lol

#62 Posted by DivineSword (15840 posts) -

First game would have to be Resident Evil as a Christmas present from family. Good old memories.

#63 Posted by FiestaFan72 (1 posts) -

Hello all. I’m new to console gaming (returning to console gaming after twenty years) and just bought a PS4 Slim and first game is DiRT4 Day One edition.

Since I’m of the age of dumping tons of quarters into arcade games, I’m looking for suggestions for entry level first person shooter games I can play offline to get used to the controller.

My apologies if I’m posting in the wrong forum. I’m sitting in my car waiting for a patient to get home.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

#64 Edited by Micmana (5 posts) -

Spyro was my very first game also the demo disc that comes with the PS1.

#65 Edited by henrythefifth (1947 posts) -

@fiestafan72 said:

Hello all. I’m new to console gaming (returning to console gaming after twenty years) and just bought a PS4 Slim and first game is DiRT4 Day One edition.

Since I’m of the age of dumping tons of quarters into arcade games, I’m looking for suggestions for entry level first person shooter games I can play offline to get used to the controller.

My apologies if I’m posting in the wrong forum. I’m sitting in my car waiting for a patient to get home.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

DOOM is good choice. It's easy and arcadey game, perfect for a beginner.

#66 Edited by krikke (5 posts) -

First game owned was ff8, 'cause i had played it at a friend's :p
shortly followed by ff7 and the rest of the then existing ff-games :p

#67 Edited by swagthug (5 posts) -

WCW vs. The World on the PS1. I didn't even watch wrestling but the game was fun.

@valgaav_219 said:

PS1 was a Xmas gift. Came with Space Jam and Norse by Norsewest, a game about farting Vikings. Anybody remember that game?

Lol, I remember my friend had rented that game from Blockbuster (or some other similar video game/movie rental spot). I don't remember much about it tho.

#68 Posted by Valgaav_219 (1974 posts) -

@swagthug: It was pretty much a puzzle game. You had 2 Vikings and I think a dragon and they each had specific powers. You'd separate them and use their powers to make your way through the puzzle like environments. It was pretty fun imo because it made me think back then

#69 Edited by Mighty-Lu-Bu (2968 posts) -

The first PS game that I ever played was Resident Evil 2. I loved it so much that I bought the Resident Evil Director's cut which became one of my favorite games of all time. I believe this was back in 1998, so 20 years ago give or take.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1189ad612da
#70 Posted by deactivated-5b1189ad612da (11 posts) -

I'm thinking it was Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortez Strikes Back. It was either that one or the first of the Tomb Raider games.

#71 Edited by ANWBIS (7 posts) -

My first playstation game was gran turismo..... long time ago.

#73 Posted by Dans74777 (10 posts) -

Twisted metal

#74 Posted by abesito (1 posts) -

Certainly it was MGS (Metal Gear Solid). A great game that I can never forget. Also I played a long hours to Crash Bandicoot and Ape Escape.

Those years...

#75 Posted by KingWegg (3 posts) -

I think it was Tekken 4 and Marvel Vs Capcom 2.

#76 Edited by Bpratt28858 (2 posts) -

I got 3 games with the system. Battle arena toshiden, crash bandicoot, and gex. Also came with demolition derby and a game I don't remember the name of, but you drive around an ice cream truck kind of thing with a spinning clown head on top

#77 Posted by pmanden (267 posts) -

My first psx game was Disruptor. Great game, but it hasn't aged well.

#78 Posted by sealionact (3230 posts) -

Wipeout and some Space Marines game ... Warhammer?

#79 Posted by VFighter (4037 posts) -

@bpratt28858: Twisted Metal, one of the ps1's more popular games.

#80 Posted by PCVirginRace (138 posts) -

Tomb raider. And Sony didn't even put Lara in all Stars battle royale

#81 Posted by DarkTower (196 posts) -

Atv off road fury 2 on PS2

what an awesome game, perfect soundtrack too

Before that, played a little Spyro on PS1, but I never owned it.

#82 Posted by shinichi999 (6 posts) -

My first videogame was Resident Evil 2 and I was so impressed because of the graphics! Haha the good old times.. I miss the 90s!

#83 Posted by l34052 (3849 posts) -

First PS1 game - Crash bandicoot

PS2 game - Gran Turismo 3

PS3 game - F1:CE

PS4 game - Killzone Shadow Fall

Avatar image for BabyPulpFiction
#84 Posted by BabyPulpFiction (246 posts) -
@clone01 said:

Resident Evil. Its the reason I bought a Playstation.

me tooooo

#85 Posted by Rovelius (3245 posts) -

Spyro the Dragon

#86 Posted by gamer29907 (5 posts) -

@bronzeheart92: subscribe

#87 Posted by Doguji (6 posts) -

My first ps game was a spiderman game. I think it was a ps1 game and played it on my ps2. Got them both one christmas

#88 Posted by Shadowoflight (4 posts) -

The very first twisted metal game until I bought my own ps2 to play gta3

#89 Posted by Johnmclane26 (255 posts) -

Battle arena toshinden on ps1

#90 Posted by France38 (32 posts) -

The first playstation game I ever played was SSX on my brother's PS2. And MY first playstation game was... SSX3, on PS2 too. :p

#91 Posted by Telekill (8138 posts) -

At E3 1995 they showed off the PlayStation in contrast to the Saturn. I was a Sega fan and after reading up on the PlayStation I knew I was jumping ship from Sega to Sony.

Being 14 years old, I didn't have a job to raise the $300 the system cost at launch. That summer I went door to door doing chores for people such as mowing lawns, walking dogs, house sitting, etc. By the time the summer was over, I had only raised half of what I needed.

My grandparent's had seen how hard I worked and said that if I don't mind knowing what I got for Christmas and if I gave them the $150 I had earned that they would get me a PlayStation for Christmas that year. Sure enough, Christmas of 1995, I got my first PlayStation. They even got me Ridge Racer with it. A couple days later I got Destruction Derby as a late Christmas gift as well.

#92 Edited by Logout89 (14 posts) -

My 1st game was Tomb Riader on PS2. I dont like games about Lara Croft, but not this.

#93 Edited by BassMan (9432 posts) -

RRRIDGE RRRACER!!!

I bought the original PlayStation at launch for that game because I used to play it a lot in the arcade.

#94 Posted by realistic44 (8163 posts) -

It was a long time ago, but I believe my very first Playstation game was Max Payne.

#96 Edited by PimpHand_Gamer (2804 posts) -

I still have all the demo disks that came packaged with the different revisions of Playstations. I had a friend that used to buy a new one each year and swap it with his old one and take it back for a refund, he kept the disks and gave them to me.

@BassMan said:

RRRIDGE RRRACER!!!

I bought the original PlayStation at launch for that game because I used to play it a lot in the arcade.

I had Rage Racer which was it's name before it was Ridge Racer. Fun game but pretty tough.

#97 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3593 posts) -

Street fighter Alpha from PS1

#98 Posted by LuckyLobsTM (8 posts) -

Man I wish I could remember. I had a Ps1

#99 Posted by Gaming-Planet (19657 posts) -

Tomb Raider II.

#100 Posted by Jace95liner (6 posts) -

Oh man, I played so many games back then. I'd have to say my first game must've been Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, or Gex the Gecko. (Sad how underrated the Gex series was, it's a great and funny game)