Your Most Fondest Gaming Moments...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 metalicelvis
Member since 2008 • 716 Posts

Just recently read someones thread on here about how everyone got into gaming and it brought me back some pretty great nostalgic thoughts so I was just wondering what some of yours are?

Mine are when my mum bought me a PS1 for Christmas before I even knew what a games console was, I had Doom, Worms and Zero Divide. Don't know how many of you know about Zero Divide, but its basically a platform fighter with robots, and I was mezmerized for weeks with that game, and Doom.

Another one is when I was sitting in the waiting room in Quazar (quazar is basically you and your mates go into this big arena in darkness with loud music and shoot eachother with laser guns, its awesome) anyway, in the lobby they had a PS2 with two guys playing GTA 3 on and I remember seeing them just running round the streets and kicking the teeth out of this old lady on the floor and quite disturbingly I thought "sweeeeet! I want a go!" and that year my mum bought me that too :)

So what are some of your best gaming memories?

nellyg619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 nellyg619
Member since 2004 • 6832 Posts

Playin all ofmgs4 was the greatest moment 4 me.....never has a game affected me like tht game

jeroentje001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 jeroentje001
Member since 2004 • 163 Posts

My parents bought me a Nintendo 64 with like a lot of games when I was young and they hid the games in other packages (like a cookie-wrapper), so I thought I got cookies for a present. But actually it were like 10 games: SWEET.

Forsaken, Zelda Oot, Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Gex, F-zero... Too many to play...

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
getting 1st place in Mario Kart SNES for the first time good times.
groundgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#5 groundgamer
Member since 2009 • 2122 Posts
Playing the final battle in MGS4.
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 metalicelvis
Member since 2008 • 716 Posts
[QUOTE="jeroentje001"]

My parents bought me a Nintendo 64 with like a lot of games when I was young and they hid the games in other packages (like a cookie-wrapper), so I thought I got cookies for a present. But actually it were like 10 games: SWEET.

Forsaken, Zelda Oot, Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Gex, F-zero... Too many to play...

I think i'd have been disappointed about the cookies...
Flatbattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Flatbattery
Member since 2009 • 463 Posts

My parents bought me and my brother a ZX Spectrum between us when I was nine, a long time ago now. It only had a couple of games with it, Daley Thompson's Decathlon is the only one I can remember, was a great day and put me on the path to gaming addiction.

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

Playin all ofmgs4 was the greatest moment 4 me.....never has a game affected me like tht game

nellyg619

Yep, so epic

Leon_Kennedy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Leon_Kennedy1
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
Earning the Big Boss emblem in MGS4. At that moment I felt I did something in my life :lol:
VinPal_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VinPal_94
Member since 2009 • 389 Posts

Getting my first platinum by finding the last blast shard in inFAMOUS.

n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 n33d2skate
Member since 2009 • 5069 Posts
Beating every single Metal Gear Solid game
Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

Earning the Big Boss emblem in MGS4. At that moment I felt I did something in my life :lol:Leon_Kennedy1

Wow, I feel sorry for you.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
beating super mario RPG for the snes... i remember that game leaving a really big impression on me (and it also made me fall in love with rpgs)
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

playing mgs1 on the playstation :). ahhhh memories. i also remember spyro and crash on ps1.playing jak and daxter and its sequels with my cousin also brings me back.

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Earning the Big Boss emblem in MGS4. At that moment I felt I did something in my life :lol:Leon_Kennedy1

haha same here. my time was 4:19:27. ugh they torment you with the long ass credits though!!

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

I remember i never played an RPG before (like not an action one so i guess JRPG).. and my buddy brought over FFX and i would watch him play and I would bad mouth it.. and never wanted to play it unless it was blitzball.. well he was at the part where he was fighting Seymour (sp?) in the Ronso (sp?) snow place.. and he was so under leveled, and kept dying and was getting pissed.. of course i was making fun of him for it so he threw the controller at me and told me go ahead.. well my first try not even knowing what i was doing i beat him, and rubbed it in his face.. he got so pissed that he ejected the game out of my system and walked home, only he forgot to save it.. so he still had to beat him himself lol.. he didn't talk to me for a week, in that week i went out and bought FFX and became addicted to it, good times...

Any memory from Baldur's Gate and Timesplitters..

Same buddy, just playing the card games from FF7 - FF9..

That buddy died my senior year of highschool (2003) , all those games we played together like baldurs gate, timesplitters, FFX, GTA3 ect... were my fondest memories and FFX is my favorite game on the PS2, and top of my all time list.. life is funny like that i guess

Zalcor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zalcor
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts

The end cutscene of Shadows of the Collusus. A truly epic moment that will not surpass any... Maybe The Last Guardian but who knows. I'll find out next year :D

diego1287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 diego1287
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts

when you know the truth about the boss in mgs3, i was :shock:

blank33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blank33
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

Most fondest...hmmm

Beating Clockwork Knights. Good stuff.

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Pulling off a 1080 in skate 2 :o

Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts
playing OoT. 16th colossi in SotC MGS3's end.
Clay-End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Clay-End
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts

The first time i held my precious DREAMCAST:D.I got atleast 10 games with my Dreamcast the best one of which was SHENMUE.When i saw the Shenmue boxset i fell in love with it at the exact moment,i..it was so beautiful........[ single Tear tickles down the cheek]

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
Hard to say...probably one that will always affect me is the first super mario 64 level...and beating bowser for the first time ^.^
jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

Playing stupid idiotic games like Mortal Kombat Special Forces. Everytime I play that game now, I think wow this game sucks. But I just think of all the memories I had with it. and Then I think of me with my N64 and all the glorious games like Banjo, Donkey Kong, and Mario 64.

Good times.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

Getting a game boy for Christmas 1992! That was awesome (And 17 years ago! Waah!)

Completing Castle of Illusion.

Completing Killer Instinct.

Getting my PS3 *Bambi-eyes at PS3*

xkal318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xkal318
Member since 2007 • 481 Posts

Staying up all night with my dad and brothers and playing through Super Mario Bros 3 for the first time (no warps)

Beating Final Fantasy IX- Necron was a bit*h for me so I was so happy to be done with it- it was also my last PSone game. I knew once I beat it there was no going back. (I beat the game the day before Christmas, i kinda knew (prayed) that i got ther PS2)

Playing and beating MGS3- doesn't seem like much but I had been in the hospital for a couple of weeks and I was depressed beyond belief. I hadn't played a game forat least 6 months and I picked the game up and played through it. Not to say it cured me, but gaming has a way of putting smiles on people's faces. Take it how you want it.

Beating NGS- the game was hard for me and it was my first PS3 game.

Resistance 2 was an expeirence all it's own

Discovering i was good at Rock Band lol... (Mastered Hard, trying Expert)

Infamous...need I say more...