Xcom: Enemy Unknown is really good.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

If some of you don't already know, this game is free for ps+ users, and I have to say, what an amazing find. I hadn't really payed much attention when this game first was released, but since it was free, I figured why not. Now that I've just beat it twice, I have to say I would have payed $60 if I had known it was this good. There are so many elements to this game that make me love it, first off the combat is satisfying, especially when you customize your squad and grow a bit of attachment to certain soldiers, it reminded me of the original ghost recon, where you would have soldiers with names and they recieved promotions over missions and they're presence was persistent until they died, which I actually really like. I also liked how the game was kicking my ass, even on the normal difficulty. But I never felt like the game was unfair, if I was losing it was mainly because I didn't have the right composition in my squad, which was entirely my fault. 

Then after combat missions, you get to enjoy the depth of being a commander where you invest your funding and manage all the aspects of the xcom project, I loved this part of the game, I felt like it gave a great pace to game. After you're in the geoscape managing money, soldiers, research, engineering and all the nations and keeping them under control, you look forward to your next mission. And once you finish that mission, I was excited to get back into the role of the commander and continue managing the xcom project. I feel like this was a really effective forumla to keep me entertained and keep me having fun, which was great because it became really addictive quickly. 

This game really sucked me in and made me love every minute, it was always a challenge and it was always fun and there was never a moment where I was bored. The game has you constantly progressing in all aspects of the game and has you constantly involved. It was a very coherent game, I never felt confused on felt like I didn't know what to do next, and for all these reasons, I loved this damn game and I highly recommend this for anyone who has a ps+ subscription and hasn't yet played it yet.

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

I preordered that one because i loved the original from the 90s.

I was SOOOOOOOOO disappointed by it.

It has about 20% of the content of the original. The original was a HUGE game, it would take you nearly 1 month to finish, and it was a LOT harder too.

Its a remake for casual gamers, light and short.

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
It's a heck of a value for PS+
-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
I wanted to like the game as I enjoy those strategy/tactical games. So I downloaded the demo but hated it. A few months later I installed the demo again to give the game a second shot but it still didnt click with me.