WTH Sony? Step up (Red Alert 3)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cebcubs1
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

More wonderful news for PS3 owners today. Red Alert 3 development is progressing...for the 360 and PC versions. EA has put the PS3 version on hold. WTF is wrong with Sony? They need to step up and start pushing game development. Yesterday, it was announced that they put those other 2 games on hold (don't remember what they were) and now they are allowing this to happen. Yes, that's right, I completely blame Sony for this. If they stepped up, spoke to EA, pushed them a little, or took a page from the M$ manual and paid them, they could have this game simultaneously with the PC and 360. This is absolutely ridiculous. It's not really that I want this game that bad, but this just shows that Sony isn't doing everything possible to compete with 360. I know that eveyone will flame me and say crap like: "Don't worry about that bad game, look at all the other exclusives we have coming out like R:FOM2 and KZ2..." That is true, we do have a good lineup, but when a company says "Oh yeah, we're making the game, but your system will have to wait for it longer than PC and 360, it's obvious that the company doesn't see your system as a money-making priority. Sony needs to step it up. And for the record, what is wrong with Sony paying these companies for exclusives like M$ does. It seems to be working out pretty well for them: NG2, Gears, having GTA when it used to be Sony exclusive. If Sony had dropped some $ to R* then GTA4 could have stayed on PS3 only and it would have helped sell many more consoles. I'm just becoming more disappointed with Sony everyday.

Sorry, just had to rant.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Sony has the 3rd largest game development house in the industry and some majorly fantastic 2nd party devs. There's no reason for them to stress over paying or pushing 3rd party devs for a game here and there.
Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts
I get your point, sony has to be more competitive and aggressive if he wants to won again
cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cebcubs1

Sony has the 3rd largest game development house in the industry and some majorly fantastic 2nd party devs. There's no reason for them to stress over paying or pushing 3rd party devs for a game here and there.emitsu97

that may be true, but where are the games that will help them come out on top? Right now, they have MGS4 coming out next week. That is it. Games like R:FOM 1 & 2 and KZ2 may be good games, but they don't win the battle with only a handful of games, and they don't win by letting games slip away or be delayed behind the 360. Someone buying a new console just has to look at the current quality and quantity of games, the verdict now is that we are behind. I hate to admit it b/c I really have enjoyed Sony since the PS1, and I still enjoy their consoles and games, but I'm tired of hearing about how all these certain games are either only on 360 or coming out on it first or better on 360. I didn't drop $500 on a console to play 1 good game every 6 months. I want to be forced to make a hard decision which great game to drop $60 each month because there are so many to chose from.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

i do agree, but i believe so are so confident and laid back that there system is sheer future proof that little things like this don't bother them. there already catching up m$ in the sales market, and in some places even beating them.

but i do agree, i believe its about time we start seeing games bigger on ps3 wiv it being able to cope with bigger memory instead of lazy designers sticking to the old dvd 9gb discs.

cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cebcubs1

but i do agree, i believe its about time we start seeing games bigger on ps3 wiv it being able to cope with bigger memory instead of lazy designers sticking to the old dvd 9gb discs.

bezza2011

Well stated. I think a remedy for that is for Sony to read the M$ manual (as I said before) and start dishing out some $ to these developers to develop the game on PS3 exclusively, or to develop it first on PS3 then port it to 360 instead of the other way around.

Kid_Mega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kid_Mega
Member since 2003 • 231 Posts

that may be true, but where are the games that will help them come out on top? Right now, they have MGS4 coming out next week. That is it.

cebcubs1

That's enough for right now. It's going to boost the console sales. I'm gonna be one of those people boosting the console sales by buying the mgs4 bundle pack. =)

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emitsu97
All new tech has a learning curve and on top of that the 360 has had a dev head start. I'm more than willing to wait for quality games on the PS3. I still have 3 games I haven't finished and MGS4 comes out next week.
siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 siwelcram
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts
Developers when making a 360 game have already 80% done for the PC due to similar CPU"s. Lazy EA did not want to port over another lackluster title. No loss on our part.
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
this is sad...sony losing exclusives, games been canned, now RA3 on hold. Sony better do something about this soon!!
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
Smells like money... Microsoft money!
cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cebcubs1

Developers when making a 360 game have already 80% done for the PC due to similar CPU"s. Lazy EA did not want to port over another lackluster title. No loss on our part.siwelcram

If you actually read my post, I said that I didn't care all that much bout the game, it just adds to the evergrowing list of development pushing from Sony.

cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cebcubs1

[QUOTE="siwelcram"]Developers when making a 360 game have already 80% done for the PC due to similar CPU"s. Lazy EA did not want to port over another lackluster title. No loss on our part.cebcubs1

If you actually read my post, I said that I didn't care all that much bout the game, it just adds to the evergrowing list of development pushing from Sony.

Excuse me, what I meant was the evergrowing list of lack of development pushing from Sony.

cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cebcubs1

Smells like money... Microsoft money!gekidami

I'll ignore your 360 fanboyism and actually agree with you. With Sony's apathism, M$ just profits more and more from it.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 emitsu97

If you actually read my post, I said that I didn't care all that much bout the game, it just adds to the evergrowing list of development pushing from Sony. cebcubs1

I would rather games get pushed off the list then have to deal with a half slapped together development. Quality over quantity, please. I'd rather have the PS3 library smaller and cleaner than larger with the bulk being shovelware.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emitsu97

I'll ignore your 360 fanboyism and actually agree with you. With Sony's apathism, M$ just profits more and more from it.cebcubs1

Quite the assumption that it's apathy.

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

this is sad...sony losing exclusives, games been canned, now RA3 on hold. Sony better do something about this soon!!joeychew

sony losing exclusive = old rumor that doesn't matter since PS3 has a lot of new games.

how about MS they don't even have bd, they are losing exclusives like Bioshock, how about you look at the whole picture.

BTW Sony isn't making every game that comes out for it's system. If a developer is having problems Sony can help, however if the devs wanna cancel or postpone then let them, but it's not Sony's fault.

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 siwelcram
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts

[QUOTE="siwelcram"]Developers when making a 360 game have already 80% done for the PC due to similar CPU"s. Lazy EA did not want to port over another lackluster title. No loss on our part.cebcubs1

I did read your post, and as I said before I could care less about the crap EA is shovelling. I am more concerned with real developers. Evolution Studios, Insomniac, Take 2, Konami, Capcom and Sqare-Enix. Those are the companies worth going after. IMO MS can have EA and the the crap they put out. So continue crying over what would be another half a**ed port from EA. They have treated us PS3 owners like dogs. Push any dog too far and they will bite back. Screw EA.
-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts

I'm not interested in Red Alert and don't buy EA games *spits*.

Still, thanks for the info.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts
I don't know why you guys are so dissapointed. Red Alert is made by the lazy people at EA, they haven't put anything out in the next gen that is even worth talking about.
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
Meh, im not bothered by it, theres already LOADS of great looking games coming out this year, it's not like Red Alert 3 is taking a considerable chunk out of the PS3's lineup.
War-Tex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 War-Tex
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts

I get your point, sony has to be more competitive and aggressive if he wants to won againPelon208

Yeah. you're right. But maybe they're too busy working on something else...

What are those games in your sig?

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

I doubt sony even care.

To them EA is no more than a shovelware company. I am annoyed but I played C&3 which was good, but this game looks just the same, uses the same engine, but instead of looking serious uses a colour pallete not ulike what you would see in a 3 year olds picture book.

If you want a good RTS for consoles get EndWar, I am. I decided never to buy an EA game after buying NFS carbon and burnout paradise. Both sucked.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#24 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
why do you even care about red alert?
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
Whoo cares I havent played Red Alert since the virtual boy...
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts

[QUOTE="gekidami"]Smells like money... Microsoft money!cebcubs1

I'll ignore your 360 fanboyism and actually agree with you. With Sony's apathism, M$ just profits more and more from it.

So i'm a MS fanboy now... Hum, kinda contradicts alot of other posts i've ever made on these boards lol.

cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cebcubs1
[QUOTE="cebcubs1"]

[QUOTE="gekidami"]Smells like money... Microsoft money!gekidami

So i'm a MS fanboy now... Hum, kinda contradicts alot of other posts i've ever made on these boards lol.

I didn't mean you are a fanboy, just it was a fanboy comment (sorry if I misunderstood).

And to everyone els saying "who cares about RA3", etc., I wrote in MY ORIGINAL POST (try reading it all next time) that I don't care too much about the game, I'm simply using it as an example for everything else I said.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I get your point, sony has to be more competitive and aggressive if he wants to won againPelon208
Yeah, I agree they need to be a bit more competitive but I don't think it is Sony's fault. It is just a case of bad developer sydrome. It's a freakin' epidemic. Since the PS3 doesn't have a bigger installed base it is pushed to the curb by most developers. Quite sad really how money owns everything. It isn't about making good games anymore. It's all about the $$$. :(
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
RTS suck on the 360 anyway, Mouse and Keyboard is the only way to play... which makes me soo effing mad that they won't make it for PS3, because we can use a KB/M!!! **** EA!!!!!
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 Nonstop-Madness  Online
Member since 2008 • 12397 Posts
.... Sony has nothing to due with 3rd party developers ...
henry4th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 henry4th
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]Sony has the 3rd largest game development house in the industry and some majorly fantastic 2nd party devs. There's no reason for them to stress over paying or pushing 3rd party devs for a game here and there.cebcubs1

that may be true, but where are the games that will help them come out on top? Right now, they have MGS4 coming out next week. That is it. Games like R:FOM 1 & 2 and KZ2 may be good games, but they don't win the battle with only a handful of games, and they don't win by letting games slip away or be delayed behind the 360. Someone buying a new console just has to look at the current quality and quantity of games, the verdict now is that we are behind. I hate to admit it b/c I really have enjoyed Sony since the PS1, and I still enjoy their consoles and games, but I'm tired of hearing about how all these certain games are either only on 360 or coming out on it first or better on 360. I didn't drop $500 on a console to play 1 good game every 6 months. I want to be forced to make a hard decision which great game to drop $60 each month because there are so many to chose from.

While Sony has the 3rd largest game development house, I feel that Sony's not delivering as many games as many other development houses.

Look at all the great games on PS3, very few comes from Sony itself. I hope we can see LOTS of games (sequals) that were on PS2. Man, I miss those RPG days.