WTF!?!? Heavenly Sword still $59.99?!?! Why???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

I been waiting forever for this game to have a price drop. Its almost a year old what gives?

Edit: The reason I don't want to pay full price is because the game is very short, like maybe done with it in a weekend. I don't want to rent it because I can see myself playing this again after I finish it.

SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
Don't know dude. I have also been waiting for a price drop for this game, because I rented it and really liked it.
white_jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 white_jaguar
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

LOL I agree.

I heard its a great experience but is very short. so i want a price drop as well.

Dankodefense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Dankodefense
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts
Hey man I am in the same boat here. Not with heavenly sword but for Folklore. I want that game so bad but can not justify paying full price for it now when it has been out for over a year. I don't know why these games are still priced so high. I mean they can not be good sellers at these prices can they?
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jeremiah06

Hey man I am in the same boat here. Not with heavenly sword but for Folklore. I want that game so bad but can not justify paying full price for it now when it has been out for over a year. I don't know why these games are still priced so high. I mean they can not be good sellers at these prices can they?Dankodefense

I hope no one pays full price for a year old game. I got Oblivion for 29.99 when it was a year old

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
yea for real, why dident they jus add it to the greatest hits line-up!?
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jeremiah06

yea for real, why dident they jus add it to the greatest hits line-up!?LP4EVA2005

I was in awe shock when i first saw the lists. Like what no HS?

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
yea for real, why dident they jus add it to the greatest hits line-up!?LP4EVA2005
Cause if a game gets added to the Greatest hits series then it had to have sold somewhere along the lines of million to 2 million units and been out for a certain amount of time.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
I agree, I want Folklore too, just bought Hotshots golf but just think, look how long it took for Resistance a launch game to get a price drop?!
Avatar image for DrunkMonkeyFist
DrunkMonkeyFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 DrunkMonkeyFist
Member since 2003 • 687 Posts

I been waiting forever for this game to have a price drop. Its almost a year old what gives?

Edit: The reason I don't want to pay full price is because the game is very short, like maybe done with it in a weekend. I don't want to rent it because I can see myself playing this again after I finish it.

jeremiah06

I agree , I dont know how they expect to sell games at $60 a pop when the whole country is in pain from high gas prices , and high food prices

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jeremiah06
[QUOTE="jeremiah06"]

DrunkMonkeyFist

I agree , I dont know how they expect to sell games at $60 a pop when the whole country is in pain from high gas prices , and high food prices

Yea, especially short games, if it was a longer game then Maybe I would pay but 10 hours... No.

Xjner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xjner
Member since 2008 • 409 Posts

jeremiah06

Well what i did was bought it beat it in like a day and then returned it for store credit and bought mgs4.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jeremiah06
[QUOTE="jeremiah06"]

Xjner

Well what i did was bought it beat it in like a day and then returned it for store credit and bought mgs4.

I already own MGS4

Xjner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xjner
[QUOTE="Xjner"][QUOTE="jeremiah06"]

jeremiah06

I already own MGS4

could have guessed that but anyways if it goes down to $30 or becomes a greatest hit then buy it beat it within 7 days return it and buy ninja gaiden sigma with the money.

unless you have that game to then buy resistance o wait you might have that to warhawk maybe? after that point your sol in my book.

Xjner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xjner
[QUOTE="Xjner"][QUOTE="jeremiah06"]

jeremiah06

I already own MGS4

could have guessed that but anyways if it goes down to $30 or becomes a greatest hit then buy it beat it within 7 days return it and buy ninja gaiden sigma with the money.

unless you have that game to then buy resistance o wait you might have that to warhawk maybe? after that point your sol in my book.

Bitties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Bitties
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts
Good, I was thinking the exact same thing as you guys on this. I am wating for a price drop too. I imagine it will be one of the first Greatest Hits. Who knows?
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jeremiah06
[QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="Xjner"][QUOTE="jeremiah06"]

Xjner

I already own MGS4

I'm not online enough for warhawk and I got resistance at launch. All the games I want now are $60 and I'm waiting for prices to drop. I'm not bored, I got a lot of games to keep my happy I just really want Heavenly Sword.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Don't get too mad. Mario Kart for Gamecube is still $60. Despite it being on GAMECUBE:evil:
Xjner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xjner
[QUOTE="Xjner"][QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="Xjner"][QUOTE="jeremiah06"]

jeremiah06

I already own MGS4

I'm not online enough for warhawk and I got resistance at launch. All the games I want now are $60 and I'm waiting for prices to drop. I'm not bored, I got a lot of games to keep my happy I just really want Heavenly Sword.

Yea i get what your saying i was lucky enough to pick it up just before mgs4 came out and could do the quick turn around and kind of in a sense play it for "free" but since the games you want are $60 ide say wait for it to hit $30 much more worth it or see if you can find a used copy.

LiquidDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LiquidDom
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts
[QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="Xjner"][QUOTE="jeremiah06"]

Xjner

I already own MGS4

he could only do that if he bought it used... if you buy games new and you return it with thereceipt, the will give you store credit or exchange the game for the same game. If you really want it in your collection, buy it used.

Jigsaw9798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jigsaw9798
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts

Don't get too mad. Mario Kart for Gamecube is still $60. Despite it being on GAMECUBE:evil:Denji

Um Gamecube games were never even $60 where I live(New York).

Xjner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xjner
[QUOTE="Xjner"][QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="Xjner"][QUOTE="jeremiah06"]

LiquidDom

I already own MGS4

he could only do that if he bought it used... if you buy games new and you return it with thereceipt, the will give you store credit or exchange the game for the same game. If you really want it in your collection, buy it used.

Yep thats what i did i pre ordered MGS4 then bought heavenly sword like 3 days before it came out beat it returned it to the store for credit and then paid off my pre order the day mgs4 came out. All part of the plan if you know what i mean.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

[QUOTE="Denji"]Don't get too mad. Mario Kart for Gamecube is still $60. Despite it being on GAMECUBE:evil:Jigsaw9798

Um Gamecube games were never even $60 where I live(New York).

I know! I'm in Canada here (not too far away from you actually). I goto EB, every other Gamecube game is priced accordingly aside from Mario Kart. It was $60 4 years ago and it still is. I don't really see Mario Kart anywhere else. It's BS. Gamecube games should be 15.99 and under.

xialon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 xialon
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts

If you can beat this game in one weekend then just rent it.

If you want to keep the game then buy a used one.

No price drop because this game is amazing, and it is a great seller for PS3.

voixco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 voixco
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts

[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]yea for real, why dident they jus add it to the greatest hits line-up!?FF6fan
Cause if a game gets added to the Greatest hits series then it had to have sold somewhere along the lines of million to 2 million units and been out for a certain amount of time.

It was 250,000 for PS1 and 400,000 for PS2. According to Wikipedia, the criteria for PS3 games is they have to be on the market for at least 11 months, and sell 500,000 copies or more. But anyway...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really, though, if the game hasn't met the criteria of becoming a Greatest Hit, shouldn't the price be cut? I mean, what better way to stimulate sales for a game that's not selling that great than by reducing its price. The game is good but a lot of people can't justify spending 60 USDs on such a short game. Cut the price to 30 and watch sales pick up drastically.

CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts
Because it cost them a lot of money to render Nariko's butt so exquisetly, they need to make that money back.
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
i got this game for $29.99 + 5.99 for shipping, brand new off eBay.
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
If you just want to play it, then rent it. If you want to own it, then stop being stingy and support the devs. For the ammount of money it takes to make the big blockbuster high-production value games these days, $60 is a steal. If you factor inflation in, new games are actually cheaper now than they were back in the NES/SNES days anyway.
Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Prisoner1137
Member since 2008 • 1213 Posts
ebay is a gamers bestfriend, maybe you should use it and see if Heavenly Sword is still "$59.99".
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 XxAnubisxX
Member since 2003 • 4978 Posts

[QUOTE="Dankodefense"]Hey man I am in the same boat here. Not with heavenly sword but for Folklore. I want that game so bad but can not justify paying full price for it now when it has been out for over a year. I don't know why these games are still priced so high. I mean they can not be good sellers at these prices can they?jeremiah06

I hope no one pays full price for a year old game. I got Oblivion for 29.99 when it was a year old

I could have sworn I have seen Folklore at my gamestop for $30.... I know for a fact it wasn't more than $50 at most... and almost positive it was right at like $30

gersan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gersan93
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts
I've seen HS for $30 at Target.
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
I would really love to pick this game up but I just can't pay $60 for it. Hopefully it is a sale on this game soon.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#33 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Don't get too mad. Mario Kart for Gamecube is still $60. Despite it being on GAMECUBE:evil:Denji
lol
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

[QUOTE="FF6fan"][QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]yea for real, why dident they jus add it to the greatest hits line-up!?voixco

It was 250,000 for PS1 and 400,000 for PS2. According to Wikipedia, the criteria for PS3 games is they have to be on the market for at least 11 months, and sell 500,000 copies or more. But anyway...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really, though, if the game hasn't met the criteria of becoming a Greatest Hit, shouldn't the price be cut? I mean, what better way to stimulate sales for a game that's not selling that great than by reducing its price. The game is good but a lot of people can't justify spending 60 USDs on such a short game. Cut the price to 30 and watch sales pick up drastically.

last i heard, the game only sold about 330k.

sony is trying to milk profit as much as they can. i'm sure they can drop it,but since there is a rush of people buying ps3's they might have held on to it, along with uncharted, to see if others would buy. This is going to be a pickup of mine when i get extra money (saving up for a ring for my girl out of all things)

ludacriss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ludacriss
Member since 2005 • 1150 Posts

jeremiah06

Where did you see that price? You should search more sites. It's 33$ here.

redalert2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 redalert2004
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts
i just bough it yesterday for 29.50 or $30 original version and New.30 original version and New.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i just bough it yesterday for 29.50 or $30 original version and New.30 original version and New.redalert2004

where did u buy it exactly?

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts
Yah, thats pretty wack. I seen it at a couple of stores of mine full price. Yet the same time, they did have used ones for cheaper. Mind u I am in Canada