WOW.....now i know y game developer R leaving the PSP....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

harima123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 harima123
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

God of War: CoO 94,154 download

Patapon- 112,183 download

Rachet & Clank: SM - 197,113 download

Crush - 48,959 download

LOCO ROCO - 163,904 download

Wipeout Pulse - 116,965 download

Castlevania X Chronicles- 102,354 download

MGS: PO- 231,054 download

Burnout Dominator - 269,486 download

and u say that pirate didnt kill the psp

game developer losing billion of dollar on the psp........

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/03/09/ridiculous-psp-piracy-numbers/

RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 RogueGoose
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts

you can emulate all systems if you have a good enough computer... There are people Emulating DS games on the PC too... So what?

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts
Yeah people who pirate stuff suck. And blah blah blah they'll find any excuse to justify the fact they are stealing. They don't care, because sadly the world is more and more becoming a place with no morals, self pride or integrity. What do you do?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
this sucks :evil: .... i dont want them to stop makeing game's .. i always buy my game's and i will always support the developers
akatsuki0wn3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 akatsuki0wn3d
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts
I buy my games, hell I don't even know how to pirate or anything.
Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts
I have no idea how to pirate, and I don't want to find out.
wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts

i agree.. all those pirates have no idea what they do. i work hard and ligitimately pay for everything i own, and i think it's only right that everyone else does the same. and no matter HOW you justify it, it's still STEALING.

but IMO, its not the pirates that are making the developers leave..its these newer consoles (PS3, X360, Wii) i would imagine that its much more profitable to produce for a console. larger market, perhaps.

ArchValkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArchValkyrie
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts
well no matter what you do you cant stop pirates. I used to Pirate games on the GBA and SNES (now i stopped) if psp stops then something else will get hacked massivly, the wii and xbox 360 are easily hack-able but i havnt heard of the ps3 hacking yet
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
CFW for ps1 games and older 1s isn't so bad but for psp games is horrible. Thats just being cheap!
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ff7isnumbaone

well no matter what you do you cant stop pirates. I used to Pirate games on the GBA and SNES (now i stopped) if psp stops then something else will get hacked massivly, the wii and xbox 360 are easily hack-able but i havnt heard of the ps3 hacking yetArchValkyrie

ps3 is the hardest to hack.

fntsycloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fntsycloud
Member since 2002 • 748 Posts
Yet, they have had billions of dollars more profit year over year, so maybe try doing a little research before making such an uninformed post.
alzine12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alzine12
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
yet the fact we still hav to get rid of these pirate !#?/$&!......r we alowed to swear
SGT4EVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 SGT4EVA
Member since 2007 • 1773 Posts
arghhhh i mean errrrrrr damn pirates always stealing wuts not theres, im gonna become a robocop and come through there computer and tell them to stop and then they will stop cause im a robocop
harima123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 harima123
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Yet, they have had billions of dollars more profit year over year, so maybe try doing a little research before making such an uninformed post.fntsycloud

no, they profit on the games that on the consoles, not sure about handheld

MrUn1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrUn1t
Member since 2003 • 255 Posts

Why in the hell are you guys worrying about this? Sony has TONS of money to throw around. They are doing it already with the Playstation 3, and the PSP is just an effort to make their name more dominiant in the gaming industry so no one else can try to compete with Nintendo, only they can, and I can guarantee that they intended to do this from the very beginning. They know about hackers, it's nothing new. Playstation with pop spring and gameshark boot, PS2 with modchip boom and key card + disc swap trick and swap magic loaders, and so on. Every single generation of consoles have had some sort of hacking/modding to make it load stuff that it's not supposed to at one point in time.

It hasn't changed since then, so why worry about it? PS2 was one of the most modded consoles (aside from the Xbox at the time) and it STILL is lasting from 2002. If they want to take money away from Nintendo, they HAVE to stay in the handheld market now. If they don't, Nintendo will continue the absurd domination of the handheld market and make it so bad that no other competitor will try to stand up against them.

awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 awptimistic
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts

Why in the hell are you guys worrying about this? Sony has TONS of money to throw around. They are doing it already with the Playstation 3, and the PSP is just an effort to make their name more dominiant in the gaming industry so no one else can try to compete with Nintendo, only they can, and I can guarantee that they intended to do this from the very beginning. They know about hackers, it's nothing new. Playstation with pop spring and gameshark boot, PS2 with modchip boom and key card + disc swap trick and swap magic loaders, and so on. Every single generation of consoles have had some sort of hacking/modding to make it load stuff that it's not supposed to at one point in time.

It hasn't changed since then, so why worry about it? PS2 was one of the most modded consoles (aside from the Xbox at the time) and it STILL is lasting from 2002. If they want to take money away from Nintendo, they HAVE to stay in the handheld market now. If they don't, Nintendo will continue the absurd domination of the handheld market and make it so bad that no other competitor will try to stand up against them.

MrUn1t

LOL you clearly dont know what you are talking about. Go look at Sony's stocks right now.

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts

you can emulate all systems if you have a good enough computer... There are people Emulating DS games on the PC too... So what?

RogueGoose

but those number of people are small. Pirating on psp is insane.

justin315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 justin315
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts
i admit i used to pirate games, and i really feel guilty about it, now im clean.. im even getting a job to buy a ps3 and all my games soon, i support all of the people who put their best effort to give us the games what we have and like.. no love...
Yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 Yorro
Member since 2007 • 715 Posts

I buy my games because i turn them into collections, not because i have the money or i support the Developers.

People pirate because some people don't have the money to buy games, but they have the money to buy a PSP console though.

I doubt PS3 can be hacked.

jremi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 jremi
Member since 2006 • 241 Posts

The real question is, of these people downloading pirated copies how many would have bought retail copies if pirating were impossible? I admit at one time I had a modded PSP and I would download everything I could JUST BECAUSE I COULD. I rarely ever played the games. I sold that PSP and recently bought another and since I have bought 6 games (in the past 3 months) I play my PSP more than I ever had before.

Just because someone downloads a copy of the game doesnt mean a developer is losing money. The only loss comes when an individual who WOULD have bought the game downloads it instead. I think that number is much much smaller.

PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

Just because someone downloads a copy of the game doesnt mean a developer is losing money. The only loss comes when an individual who WOULD have bought the game downloads it instead. I think that number is much much smaller.

well then i guess it is OK that they stole the game cuz, as you say, they would not have paid for it anyways HA~! I'm sure a co like UFO feels much better about it then.

Do you think a down-loadable game with a price of $7 would sell? i bet it would but i bet more people would pirate it

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

RogueGoose

psp is the easiest

well no matter what you do you cant stop pirates. I used to Pirate games on the GBA and SNES (now i stopped) if psp stops then something else will get hacked massivly, the wii and xbox 360 are easily hack-able but i havnt heard of the ps3 hacking yetArchValkyrie

that is the reason ps3 doesnt sell well yet, so people dont buy the machine because they cant play copy games

[QUOTE="RogueGoose"]

joeychew

ps2 has more

well then i guess it is OK that they stole the game cuz, as you say, they would not have paid for it anyways HA~! I'm sure a co like UFO feels much better about it then.

Do you think a down-loadable game with a price of $7 would sell? i bet it would but i bet more people would pirate it

PA_DUTCH

what you say is generally true but downloadable game with price = fail. cd/dvd/umd whatever you put your games into doesnt cost much, but your efforts cost alot. if game publishers ( not developers ) wouldnt be greedy and sell those games with high prices, they would sell more but they would get the same money in the end so they dont care.

if you think piracy kills the industry, you are totally wrong because all systems except PS3 yet have pirated games. and even the easiest one is PC but look at blizzard, now they use money to wipe their ...

look at EA, look at M$, they are still the biggest companies even their all products are pirated. piracy is for poor and its just an excuse for failed products.

DJ_Redline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DJ_Redline
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts
There's a place called Video Games Plus in Toronto that sells pre-modded X360's, PSP's, Wii's, DS, PS2, etc etc it's ridiculous. I work hard to get what I have and all these cheap little moron compu-nerds just go and ruin everything for everyone. But after saying that, Sony can't blame pirates for ruining everything because it's not just piracy that is killing the PSP...Developers just don't care about little systems like the DS or the PSP. All they care about are the big next gen systems because they can sell crappy games to any kid with a paycheck or a handout from mommy and daddy for $60-$70 easier than they can sell a $30 game to an informed consumer for PSP or DS. It all comes down to corporate greed. Soon I'm just gonna stop gaming period because after GoW and Crisis Core, there really isn't anything else worth buying coming out anytime soon.
JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#24 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
[QUOTE="RogueGoose"]

joeychew

And how do you know that? I know a lot of people that would pirate some of the older systems way before they attempt the PSP. The reason why is because hardly any games are playable on a PSP emulator. Dont speak of something you know nothing about. Small, yeah, sure.

quiksilver9774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 quiksilver9774
Member since 2006 • 429 Posts
wait so this game developer (R?) is like not making any more games for the psp at all?
TheCheat23k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheCheat23k
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts

The real question is, of these people downloading pirated copies how many would have bought retail copies if pirating were impossible? I admit at one time I had a modded PSP and I would download everything I could JUST BECAUSE I COULD. I rarely ever played the games. I sold that PSP and recently bought another and since I have bought 6 games (in the past 3 months) I play my PSP more than I ever had before.

jremi

This is 100% true. And in some ways, I think that piracy might actually increase sales, as hard as that is to believe. Think about it, if someone who doesn't know what certain games are like and just downloads every game that cames out, they may actually try out a few of those games, appreciate the game, and eventually buy it. This probably isn't true about everyone, but I'm sure there are tons of people like jremi who just downloaded for the heck of it and never actually play through it. If these same people download game after game, you may have a large % of people who download, never get around to playing, and therefore they never even use the product in a sense. It sits on the internet anyways, who cares if it just sits on PCs all over the world and never gets used. Let them waste Harddrive space and bandwidth if they want I say.

I certainly put my money towards the PSP. I own 99 PSP UMD games- that's right, all with case, manual, and UMD. Crisis Core will be #100 for me.

Also, I can't remember how many PSPs have been sold anymore, but lets say its at 10 million. If 10 million people have the PSP, and 200,000 people download the game...that's still 9.8 millions possible people to buy the game. If Sony isn't getting enough sales on their games, it is their own fault with bad marketing, cruddy games or ports that people aren't interested in, or maybe something completely different. Really, pirates are only putting a scratch on the PSP's bad sales..there is SO much more to look into.

swashbucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 swashbucket
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts
I'm suprised no one has mentioned anything about hte ridiculous prices of psp games. I don't know about everyone else, but here in canada, psp games are 49.99 for a lot of the recent titles and even ones that have been out for quite some time. That's the same price as many new wii games and some ps3 and x360 games when they go on sale once a month. I dont pirate games, but what keeps me from buying games and what would compel me to piracy would be these prices. As for others who do know how to pirate, i bet its for this reason that they do what they do. BUT then u see how it becomes a vicious cycle, where the games raise in price because these developers are greedy and want to squeeze every penny out of you. Perhaps that "evil developer x" is not the case, lol, but you can see where i'm coming from. AS for developer R, if you are talking about ready at dawn, then you must know that they are leaving to do bigger things perhaps to the main consoles. I'd heard about GoW:CoO being their last game as far back as i can remember and so its not due to these recent piracy tallies.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
Ya people, buy the games if you like the system, and want more good games for it. Simple as that.
DJ_Redline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DJ_Redline
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts
I agree 100% that PSP games are overpriced. hell the only reason I bought Patapon was because it was $19.99, and even then I traded in Ratched & Clank Size Matters toward it at EB and got $15 on trade in! So the game actually only cost me a little less than $6. Was going to buy GoW but didn't want to pay $40 for a 7 hour game. RIP-OFF.
haseeb_1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 haseeb_1989
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
I buy games for psp but i play some ps1 games on my psp but its kind of not pirating since i already own all the games i play.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Never have pirated games unless you count the old ones that didnt have a cd-key that my mom used to burn for me (we owned them) so I could play on my own computer :O. I support the developers and will not let the gaming here die. Same with pc, my friend had a few pirated games installed and i deleted them off his computer :D. He got mad but after I explained the consequences of it I haven't seen him do it again.

Avatar image for InfernoGamer140
InfernoGamer140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 InfernoGamer140
Member since 2008 • 69 Posts

True, i understand your point but as other people pointed out, u just can't stop them. I know like all these kids that pirate stuff. Some of them, if they like the game, they buy it to support the people who made it.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ff7isnumbaone
[QUOTE="jremi"]

TheCheat23k

This is 100% true. And in some ways, I think that piracy might actually increase sales, as hard as that is to believe. Think about it, if someone who doesn't know what certain games are like and just downloads every game that cames out, they may actually try out a few of those games, appreciate the game, and eventually buy it. This probably isn't true about everyone, but I'm sure there are tons of people like jremi who just downloaded for the heck of it and never actually play through it. If these same people download game after game, you may have a large % of people who download, never get around to playing, and therefore they never even use the product in a sense. It sits on the internet anyways, who cares if it just sits on PCs all over the world and never gets used. Let them waste Harddrive space and bandwidth if they want I say.

I certainly put my money towards the PSP. I own 99 PSP UMD games- that's right, all with case, manual, and UMD. Crisis Core will be #100 for me.

Also, I can't remember how many PSPs have been sold anymore, but lets say its at 10 million. If 10 million people have the PSP, and 200,000 people download the game...that's still 9.8 millions possible people to buy the game. If Sony isn't getting enough sales on their games, it is their own fault with bad marketing, cruddy games or ports that people aren't interested in, or maybe something completely different. Really, pirates are only putting a scratch on the PSP's bad sales..there is SO much more to look into.

balling!!! all used?

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#34 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

There is zero proof that ANY of the people illegally downloading games would have bought a copy had they not been able to get them for free.

I actually find it somewhat insulting that a developer would abandon the PSP because of hackers simply because that would suggest that they think I am stealing games, which I am not.

Roman_Irishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 Roman_Irishman
Member since 2007 • 29493 Posts
[QUOTE="jremi"]

TheCheat23k

Ok first of all let me say that is one badass collection. And I totally agree with you, I just wonder if the devs. do too. I still think it's sad though that so many people have to pirate games. I don't and I still find a way to pay for them, I only work part time, go to school, pay when I go out with my friends, pay for gas and pay for my car and if I can still afford games so should just about everybody else. Well thats my opinion anyway.

ratboy64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ratboy64
Member since 2007 • 406 Posts
i only play n64 roms on my pc. and bootleg dvds i get from blockbuster. plus i dont know how to play pirated psp games
quiksilver9774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 quiksilver9774
Member since 2006 • 429 Posts
i dont understand why the websites supporting piracy never get shut down. its illegal
xMedHeadx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xMedHeadx
Member since 2004 • 109 Posts
You don't pay, you don't play. It still confounds me how people can rationalize piracy based on exceptions to the rule (such as the muddy area of "fair use"), and criticize the developers for wanting to be paid for every copy of the game being played. The motives of each person is really not of much importance: whether they would ever purchase the game doesn't matter. If a person never intends to purchase a game, that person should never be able to play it (outside of "fair use", borrowed copies, etc.).