WOW Never seen this before!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

humanoidxvashx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 humanoidxvashx
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
So I bought a PS3 and brought it home and plugged it in to power then plugged in the AV cables that came with the system and as soon as they touched the A/V port on the TV there was a visible spark and the ps3 would no longer turn on. Also my televisions ports were disabled where i was plugging into. I thought it was just a bad PS3 so I got another one and I tried it again and the same thing happend on a different port of the TV and again PS3 no longer turns on. At this point im fairly upset so i asked a friend to plug his into the VCR ports and see if it would work to rule out my tv and it did the same thing but luckily didn't hurt his PS3 but did fry the VCR. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening? It was plugged into a surge protector and none of this equipment was powered on at the time.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
Nope never heard of that. I've plug the PS3 into some old and high-end televisions and nothing has ever sparked or fried.
Dongalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Dongalos
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

hard to trust posts these days, especially 1 post people

Lots of people fanbois leave messages to make fun of a system, on xbox, wii, ps3...

does sound strange you experiencing that, try plugging into the TV first, then connect to the ps3 afterwards, if you have used other consoles and they worked not sure why i twouldn't

humanoidxvashx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 humanoidxvashx

I understand the 1 post thing that you are saying but I have always loved sony products especially the playstation consoles. The only other console I plugged into this TV was a Wii and it didn't have any issues. I'm just trying to get some other ideas before ruling it faulty wiring and calling an electrician.

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Azul_Cobra
Member since 2008 • 253 Posts
Defective PS3? It honestly sounds like a powersurge dude. If what the guy above me said is true and you are one of those kinda of people, go blow yourself. Just incase.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I understand the 1 post thing that you are saying but I have always loved sony products especially the playstation consoles. The only other console I plugged into this TV was a Wii and it didn't have any issues. I'm just trying to get some other ideas before ruling it faulty wiring and calling an electrician.

humanoidxvashx

Maybe you need to turn the power switch on the PS3 to off first.

humanoidxvashx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 humanoidxvashx

Both PS3's were off, in fact all of the equipment was off (TV, PS3, VCR) all of it. And before I tried it on my tv i took it to a friend and we docked it to his cables and it worked great so I'm pretty much at a loss for reason.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
maybe your house is haunted by an old nintendo fanboy...
coold_steam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 coold_steam
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts

WoW Never seen this before..im not repeating ur topic tittle but really i never seen this before

Ownsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ownsin
Member since 2007 • 1331 Posts
dude check your electricity and check if your ps3 uses 220 volts or 110 volts, because that's why its getting fryed... so use it on the right electricity.
waferlawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 waferlawrence
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts
Maybe you rubbed your socks on the carpt a little too much.
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts

This whole thread is unbelievably unlikely. But just in case, UNPLUG everything. Then connect the AV cables with everything unplugged. THEN plug in the power on the TV and PS3.

Know, though, that it'd take a whole lot of CRAZY, unlikely things for what you described to happen. It just doesn't make any sense. Where do you live?

humanoidxvashx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 humanoidxvashx

Thanks for the help everyone but with the help of an outlet checker the problem has been found. It was a ground loop and it caused all of the equipment to fry. Apparently I live in a house with a floating ground go figure.