Wow! Kind of dissapointed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

954LatinoThug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 954LatinoThug
Member since 2006 • 255 Posts
I have to send my ps3 into sony for replacement because i have been having some issue with it lately and after talkin to the phone rep, I'm suprised to hear that they ship back a different system but a refurbished one. That kind of dissapointed me considering i bought it new.
mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

I have to send my ps3 into sony for replacement because i have been having some issue with it lately and after talkin to the phone rep, I'm suprised to hear that they ship back a different system but a refurbished one. That kind of dissapointed me considering i bought it new.954LatinoThug

it'll be cool yo its not like the 360 were u get it back and it breaks again

KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts
what was wrong with it,
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
Sorry man. Hope everything works out for you. I myself am trying to get a hold of a 60GB PS3 before there aren't any available. I refuse to have Motorstorm in my collection. I'm just going to purchase a 120GB HDD from Newegg.com and install it in my PS3. I rather have more space then Motorstorm.
954LatinoThug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 954LatinoThug
lol seriously though if you buy something brand new that's exactly what you should get back
954LatinoThug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 954LatinoThug
it had freezing issues (even if it was on for a short amt of time) as well as turning on but not displaying anything onscreen and when this happened holding down the power button didnt shut it off
BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts

I have to send my ps3 into sony for replacement because i have been having some issue with it lately and after talkin to the phone rep, I'm suprised to hear that they ship back a different system but a refurbished one. That kind of dissapointed me considering i bought it new.954LatinoThug

Um, ask them to repair yours and just simply wait. Don't accept a refurbished system... that's ridiculous.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
My first PS3 had disc read errors, and was slightly noisy when running older PS2 games, but after recieving my refurbished unit I am very satisfied. My refurb is running like a champ and is as silent as a ninja... Dont be too discouraged, the refurb is not bad at all. It also looks new, not a scratch on it. So be stoked you have a PS3!
negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 negtegra
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts

Um, ask them to repair yours and just simply wait. Don't accept a refurbished system... that's ridiculous.BeErBOnG29

If he waits for his to be refurbished, he's still getting a refurbished system. What's the difference? The one he gets back may have had a lesser problem than the one he sent in.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
It's not just Sony that replaces defective units with refurbished ones. I've been given three refurbished 360s from MS. I've been given a refurbished iPod from Apple. Best Buy has been known to refurbish laptops and PCs when their Geek Squads can't repair them.
Avatar image for 218409372945592235589581321688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 218409372945592235589581321688
Member since 2007 • 618 Posts

That does kind of suck, but I mean even if they sent you yours back ti would have been technically considered refurbished...and from my experience with refurbished goods (especially from sony) they work great same as the original, as long as there is nothing wrong with the exterior and it runs fine, but I know i would be a little disappointed if that happened to me.

954LatinoThug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 954LatinoThug
thanks for your input guys... i sent them an emailso hopefully i can get this straightened out
guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts
Companies always replace stuff with refurbished items.  If you paid with your CC you maybe able to swap it out with them if you don't like the idea of a refurb.  It really depends on your CCs extras. 
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts

It's not just Sony that replaces defective units with refurbished ones. I've been given three refurbished 360s from MS. I've been given a refurbished iPod from Apple. Best Buy has been known to refurbish laptops and PCs when their Geek Squads can't repair them. JustPlainLucas

All true and thats one thing i dont like, but its unavoidable. Funny thing is though that the first electronic device ive ever had to return for a refurb wa my 360. Im hoping my ps3 stays the same as my ps2 did. 6 years and hasnt broken. Anyway to the TC, sorry to hear that bro.

guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts

[QUOTE="BeErBOnG29"]Um, ask them to repair yours and just simply wait. Don't accept a refurbished system... that's ridiculous.negtegra

If he waits for his to be refurbished, he's still getting a refurbished system. What's the difference? The one he gets back may have had a lesser problem than the one he sent in.

Actually it should have NO problems or it would be refurbished.  ;)
InfinityNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 InfinityNinja
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts

my said they gona send me back a new one if they can not fix my old one and its gona be here on monday finnaly i can play ninja gaiden sigma =)

BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts

[QUOTE="BeErBOnG29"]Um, ask them to repair yours and just simply wait. Don't accept a refurbished system... that's ridiculous.negtegra

The difference is he will now get someone else console? That other person may have dropped it, treated it poorly, etc. I'd want MY console or a new one. Lol and the one he gets back may have had a much worse problem than the one he sent in.

Arcanum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Arcanum
Member since 2002 • 95 Posts

It sucks that your system has a problem and has to be sent in. That said, these PS3's have what a one percent hardware problem, that is expected of even the best created equipment. It's certainly not as bad as the xbox's THIRTYpercent failure!

As others have said many companies replace units with "refurbished" ones. It is going back to Sony, and they will give you a unit as aonther user pointed out, works great and was looking brand new. The refurbished unit should work as 'new' and will be tested by Sony to make sure it performs as expected before it is shipped back to you.

Sucks that it has happened to you, let us know how it performs and looks when you get it back.

ps3ruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ps3ruler
Member since 2004 • 428 Posts
I can understand why you would be ticked but thats big business for you man.
They all penny pinch as much as they can. Allll you can do is hope the refurbished one works as good if not better than the one you bought.
:]
tell us how it goes.
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts

Even Dell does this with monitors. Years ago I bought a new 20.1inch Widescreen LCD, $550 then. It had some bad backlighting problems. While in the 30 day window they will instantly send you a replacement and send the bad one back in the box the new one came in. Well, the 2nd new one had worse backlighting, so I aksed again, the third one was no better, and the placement of the light leaking was totally random like bad quality control and not just the way it is.

Anyway, I hit the 30 day mark, and I called and just asked if I could wait for them to fix this problem and the phone person said they did fix it and I say okay, cool, send me one then. What do you know, they sent me a refurb that had an older build date than the one I had, so how could they have fixed it. And the backlighting was 3 times worse on the refurb.

I was so upset I let the refurb sit for a month while I used the new one. Then suddenly the new monitor just went and died, and thank goodness I still had that refurb on hand. And that refurb is still working today, go fig. the new one was worse :)

(on a side note I never called Dell back and I don't think I was ever charged for having the extra monitor and not sending one back and I just found the bad new one was working again so now I have to good ones)

GOD, how the hell did I type so much. The lesson of the story, refurbs are not always bad. Depends on the company really.

Bonus: MS on the other hand, after my 360 died the first was a repair, not a refurb, and it died after 2 months, then they replaced it with a refurb to speed up the process, that died 2 hours after first use. So the 4th console arrives, another refurb, and it has been at my brothers in a hot room since then where he constantly plays Guitar Hero every day and hasn't failed once. He has it because I got desperate and bought a new console after the third bad one. This story, even repairs can be bad, as what is a refurb but another repaired console.

954LatinoThug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 954LatinoThug
lol Sony kicked me in the face three times this week: 80GB for same price as my 60, faulty unit, and getting a refurb lol I still love them though. On a serious note i just want my system to run good and for the case to be spotless, if the refurb does that for me then i guess its cool
Ade_Newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ade_Newman
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts

[QUOTE="954LatinoThug"]I have to send my ps3 into sony for replacement because i have been having some issue with it lately and after talkin to the phone rep, I'm suprised to hear that they ship back a different system but a refurbished one. That kind of dissapointed me considering i bought it new.mgsbethatgame

Ya so far they said that PS3 has less than 1% failure rate :) PDG if u ask me.

Ade.

it'll be cool yo its not like the 360 were u get it back and it breaks again

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
lol Sony kicked me in the face three times this week: 80GB for same price as my 60, faulty unit, and getting a refurb lol I still love them though. On a serious note i just want my system to run good and for the case to be spotless, if the refurb does that for me then i guess its cool954LatinoThug
The 60 gig is superior to the 80gb cuz it includes the EE chipset. And its not like the 360 refurbs. When you get a 360 refurb all of your xbla games become unplayable unless you are online. Which really sucks IMO. BTW did they ask you for a receipt when you called in?
954LatinoThug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 954LatinoThug
yea i have to send it with the box for the ps3 return