Would you like to see a new controller?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Samox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Samox
Member since 2004 • 890 Posts

(Referring to a non-motion controller) Would you like to see Sony launch a new first party controller for the PS3? If so, what would you like to see changed from the Dualshock 3?

Personally I like the DS3 quite a bit and overall would like them to keep the new controller very similar to it, but there is definitely a few changes I would like to see. First off, the triggers. The triggers on the DS3 are a little awkward to use, mostly because it's so easy to accidentally bump them while using the controller. Having previously owned a 360 and using that controller plenty of times, I've grown to love the triggers on it. I think the next Sony controller would benefit a lot from doing something similar with their triggers.

Another thing I would like to see is the controller itself being made just a bit bigger. Now, I'm aware that hands come in all shapes and sizes, and I'm not asking for them to create some big, fat abomination of a controller like the original Xbox's "Duke" or whatever it was called, I'd just like it to fit in my hands (which from what I've observed over the years are about the average size of hands) a little more comfortably.

Also I would like to see the joysticks have indents in the top of them; again, similar to the 360 controller. While this isn't as big of an issue to me as my other two beefs with the DS3, I still think the next Sony controller would benefit from the concave joysticks.

Lastly.. having the PS3 button look a little fancier would be a nice touch.. Though just a purely cosmetic one. :)

And there you have it folks, the changes I would like to see to the next PlayStation controller. What are your thoughts?

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

No, im perfectly fine with the way it is now thank you.

Main reason I prefer the PS3 to the 360, the 360's controllers are huge!

xXRukasuXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xXRukasuXx
Member since 2010 • 1647 Posts
No, I like the way the PS3 controller is modeled now.
dbzfreak123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dbzfreak123
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts

For me? personally no. The only consoles i have ever bought were playstations, starting with PS1>PS2>PS3.

I can understand why some people hate the PS Controller, but i have got so used to it over the years that i don't want to use a different controller, the PS controller just seems perfect for me when you have been using it exclusivly for games (besides the pc, which i primarily game with) for so long.

Ozbendigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ozbendigo
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts

no, I've always liked the dualshock design

Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts

I prefer the 360 controller for FPS and the dualshock 3 for action games and racers. Some of my friends prefer the dualshock for fighters over the 360 controller but I use a fightstick.

lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lordfalsus
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

nah prolly more color schemes... and the sticks feel like they could be a lil more tight

davidkamayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 davidkamayor
Member since 2008 • 1642 Posts

concave triggers and analong sticks

otherwise its perfect.

KABOOOM3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 KABOOOM3
Member since 2009 • 404 Posts

I really like the dualshock 3 but my hands are larger than most peoples, so i kinda prefer the 360's controller, but if Sony kept the same design for the ps4,5, 1000, i wouldn't have a problem with it.

Delroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Delroc
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts

if it aint broke dont fix it.

mark081079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mark081079
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

Delroc
Couldnt of put it better myself!
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
no no no no I like the controller just fine the way it is. I can't stand the XBOX controllers and is a part of the reason that i don't have a XBOX - now i wouldn't mind if they made upgrades to the current controller, like the trigger buttons, but the oveall design is great and does not need chaged.
NFS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 130

#13 NFS77
Member since 2010 • 5322 Posts

no i like these controlers.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
 Im right with dualshock thanks
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
I would only like a bigger version of the DS3, for people like me with big hands the DS3 is very uncomfortable! The 360 would be almost perfect for me if it wasn't for those analog sticks! I absolutely hate concave! I really hope Sony never add them! So yeah if sony were to release a larger version i would definitely buy! Sick of having hand cramps after playing my PS3. Sony where is my small finger supposed to go on your controller?
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

If Sony can make an even better control than how great the dual shock is, then by all means do it, but to me it is perfect.

Gmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gmythe
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

I think the controller is perfect just the way it is.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Um....NO! PS4 I would.

CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

I like how the DS3 controller currently is. Although I'd like to see the price go down. 8)

Darkenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Darkenoid
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Delroc

Exactly. I think the PS3 controller is pretty near perfect for most people.

FFVIIROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 FFVIIROCKS
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts

I think its perfect how it is, the only thing that bothers me is the L2 and R2 triggers. While most games use L1 and R1 to aim and fire(which to me feels so much better then 360 triggers) some games force you to use L2 and R2 as aim and fire, which I must admid is not fun when im so used to the other button scheme.

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts
I would only like to see a R2 button that doesn't get super clicky after playing Burnout for a while
MAG_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MAG_19
Member since 2010 • 71 Posts
my fingers slide off the R2 and L2 triggers. If they were concave that would be great also the PS button gets it the way. When I'm playing Shooters or racing games my thumb hit's it all the time. if they made it a little higher on the controller it'd be fine.
Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

What I hate about the controller...

1. Tight fit in the hand.
  2. Provides little support.
  3. Hafto bend fingers
  4. Trigger button don't really feel natural.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

(Referring to a non-motion controller) Would you like to see Sony launch a new first party controller for the PS3? If so, what would you like to see changed from the Dualshock 3?

Personally I like the DS3 quite a bit and overall would like them to keep the new controller very similar to it, but there is definitely a few changes I would like to see. First off, the triggers. The triggers on the DS3 are a little awkward to use, mostly because it's so easy to accidentally bump them while using the controller. Having previously owned a 360 and using that controller plenty of times, I've grown to love the triggers on it. I think the next Sony controller would benefit a lot from doing something similar with their triggers.

Another thing I would like to see is the controller itself being made just a bit bigger. Now, I'm aware that hands come in all shapes and sizes, and I'm not asking for them to create some big, fat abomination of a controller like the original Xbox's "Duke" or whatever it was called, I'd just like it to fit in my hands (which from what I've observed over the years are about the average size of hands) a little more comfortably.

Also I would like to see the joysticks have indents in the top of them; again, similar to the 360 controller. While this isn't as big of an issue to me as my other two beefs with the DS3, I still think the next Sony controller would benefit from the concave joysticks.

Lastly.. having the PS3 button look a little fancier would be a nice touch.. Though just a purely cosmetic one. :)

And there you have it folks, the changes I would like to see to the next PlayStation controller. What are your thoughts?

Samox

*trigger? the L/R2 is a bit weird...I prefer the old Dualshock trigger.

*Bigger? should have optional... like the first xbox.. japanese version got smaller version to suit they needs

*fancier? hell no fancypants!! we don't want a strawberry shortcake button... perhaps 3rd party like madzcatz or hello kitty can do it as optional

Jachael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jachael
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts
I prefer the 360 to the PS3 design. The 360 is more comfortable for long sessions. My only beef with the 360 is the D-pad.....but comfort trumps that one issue. The DS3 controller is a little cramped for me, and I have smallish hands. Also, the L2 and R2 buttons are horrible and the position of the Analog sticks aren't comfortable...the split design on the 360 is much better. I think if I could use a 360 controller plugged into the PS3 I would, even if it was corded.