Would an MGS4 demo bring the PSN to it's knees?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vitz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vitz3
Member since 2004 • 1884 Posts

Think about it. If they all of a sudden released a MGS4 demo on the store on of these Thursdays, what would happen to the PSN? Would it bring the server farms to their knees begging for sweet release?

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
It survived the DMC4 demo release,
I think it's a very stable service, unlike "that pay service",
so, no, I think it'd do well with a MGS4 demo, and I'd like one! :D
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
My guess would be no. Just a really long DL queue.
pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pirategunner
Member since 2007 • 819 Posts

It survived the DMC4 demo release,
Andrew_Xavier

And it's only gonna get better when HOME comes out!

thageneral3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thageneral3
Member since 2007 • 1929 Posts
It wouldnt happen but probably not because no one would know about it
llCODEMANll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 llCODEMANll
Member since 2008 • 175 Posts
Yah, really long, but oh man would it be worth it, I'd really aprreciate and MGS4 demo
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
It'd take like 10+ hrs to d/l it :P
GEMINIVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GEMINIVice
Member since 2007 • 1139 Posts
A demo would be nice, that would help me make a better decision on wheter to pass on or buy the game. At the moment, I'm undecided and leaning in the direction of passing on it.
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GreenGoblin2099

A demo would be nice, that would help me make a better decision on wheter to pass on or buy the game. At the moment, I'm undecided and leaning in the direction of passing on it.GEMINIVice

Never played MGS, uh??

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]It survived the DMC4 demo release,
pirategunner

Yeah no kidding when Home comes out itll be Y2K all over again hahhahahahahah
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts
[QUOTE="pirategunner"]

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]It survived the DMC4 demo release,
CommanderTy

Yeah no kidding when Home comes out itll be Y2K all over again hahhahahahahah

lol you are gonna spaz when Home comes out.

I don't think an MGS demo is gonna be released via PSN. I bet the PSM mag, which is now official, will put that on one of their first demo discs.

It would boost their sales on that one mag so much. *You heard it here first!

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
The PSN was slow with Uncharted, so of course it would be even slower with MGS4. I can't wait for that!
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CommanderTy
Mark My Words Jaxson!!!! I will do more than just spaz hahahahhahahah ima be on there 24/7 and call in sick for work man my pad will be the biggest badest pad you can buy ima seriously spend +$100 bux on this program and yes you are invited to come to my killer sweet #1 best Appartment there is and when they come out with bigger and better appartments ima buy the best no1 can stop me!!!!!!!!
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LtColJaxson

Mark My Words Jaxson!!!! I will do more than just spaz hahahahhahahah ima be on there 24/7 and call in sick for work man my pad will be the biggest badest pad you can buy ima seriously spend +$100 bux on this program and yes you are invited to come to my killer sweet #1 best Appartment there is and when they come out with bigger and better appartments ima buy the best no1 can stop me!!!!!!!!CommanderTy

lol like a fat kid in a candy store.

Yeah you can have the biggest apartment out there. BUT I WILL HAVE THE BIGGEST MANSION!!! MY MANSION CAN BEAT YOUR APARTMENT ANYDAY!! MUAHAHHAHAHHAHA

pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pirategunner

Mark My Words Jaxson!!!! I will do more than just spaz hahahahhahahah ima be on there 24/7 and call in sick for work man my pad will be the biggest badest pad you can buy ima seriously spend +$100 bux on this program and yes you are invited to come to my killer sweet #1 best Appartment there is and when they come out with bigger and better appartments ima buy the best no1 can stop me!!!!!!!!CommanderTy

Did you see the new pics that came ou OMG!!! You are gonna have a NERDGASM!!! we all are. Go HERE!!!!!

JacobD1505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JacobD1505
Member since 2003 • 475 Posts

They will announce and prepare for the MGS4 demo

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CommanderTy

[QUOTE="CommanderTy"]Mark My Words Jaxson!!!! I will do more than just spaz hahahahhahahah ima be on there 24/7 and call in sick for work man my pad will be the biggest badest pad you can buy ima seriously spend +$100 bux on this program and yes you are invited to come to my killer sweet #1 best Appartment there is and when they come out with bigger and better appartments ima buy the best no1 can stop me!!!!!!!!LtColJaxson

Yeah you can have the biggest apartment out there. BUT I WILL HAVE THE BIGGEST MANSION!!! MY MANSION CAN BEAT YOUR APARTMENT ANYDAY!! MUAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Fine you jerk but were still friends hahahahah ROFL!!! and amazing!!!! Home is going do define next-gen awsomeness!!!!
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CommanderTy
Not but really im serious ive played the beta on a friends account and man have i got to say i want this more than some of the big 2008 ps3 titles i am not kidding you, all the haters you will be so stupified by its awsomeness!!!!! You guys have no idea how freakin killer sweet this Programs going to be!!!!!
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 emitsu97

Not but really im serious ive played the beta on a friends account and man have i got to say i want this more than some of the big 2008 ps3 titles i am not kidding you, all the haters you will be so stupified by its awsomeness!!!!! You guys have no idea how freakin killer sweet this Programs going to be!!!!!CommanderTy

GO HOME! GO HOME! GO HOME! :P

milan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 milan22
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
MGS4 is gonna shut PSN for weeks (While we keep swearing:))
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LtColJaxson

MGS4 is gonna shut PSN for weeks (While we keep swearing:)) milan22

I think they will just have to prepare for that boom. We'll see what happens...

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
I don't know... all I can say is have enough gigs free on your hard drive.... like 3-4 gigs free :)
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="CommanderTy"]Mark My Words Jaxson!!!! I will do more than just spaz hahahahhahahah ima be on there 24/7 and call in sick for work man my pad will be the biggest badest pad you can buy ima seriously spend +$100 bux on this program and yes you are invited to come to my killer sweet #1 best Appartment there is and when they come out with bigger and better appartments ima buy the best no1 can stop me!!!!!!!!LtColJaxson

I think I'll be a hobo most likely... can I sleep in your dumpster??

pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pirategunner
[QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

[QUOTE="CommanderTy"]Mark My Words Jaxson!!!! I will do more than just spaz hahahahhahahah ima be on there 24/7 and call in sick for work man my pad will be the biggest badest pad you can buy ima seriously spend +$100 bux on this program and yes you are invited to come to my killer sweet #1 best Appartment there is and when they come out with bigger and better appartments ima buy the best no1 can stop me!!!!!!!!GreenGoblin2099

You could live in my dumpster! and you can go pan handle in the day time, I dont want hobos hanging aroun my HOME in the day time, it devalues my HOME!

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CommanderTy
[QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

[QUOTE="CommanderTy"]Mark My Words Jaxson!!!! I will do more than just spaz hahahahhahahah ima be on there 24/7 and call in sick for work man my pad will be the biggest badest pad you can buy ima seriously spend +$100 bux on this program and yes you are invited to come to my killer sweet #1 best Appartment there is and when they come out with bigger and better appartments ima buy the best no1 can stop me!!!!!!!!GreenGoblin2099

you dont need his garbage come and kick it at my place ill let you in lol
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CommanderTy
[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"][QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

[QUOTE="CommanderTy"]Mark My Words Jaxson!!!! I will do more than just spaz hahahahhahahah ima be on there 24/7 and call in sick for work man my pad will be the biggest badest pad you can buy ima seriously spend +$100 bux on this program and yes you are invited to come to my killer sweet #1 best Appartment there is and when they come out with bigger and better appartments ima buy the best no1 can stop me!!!!!!!!pirategunner

You could live in my dumpster! and you can go pan handle in the day time, I dont want hobos hanging aroun my HOME in the day time, it devalues my HOME!

LOL i love this i want home so bad!!!
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GreenGoblin2099
Thanx, guys... seems like I won't be missing dumpsters to spend the night. So touched by your kindness :cry:
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 emitsu97

Thanx, guys... seems like I won't be missing dumpsters to spend the night. So touched by your kindness :cry:GreenGoblin2099

Just look for someone from GUI. We'll either be too inebriated to care or...too inebriated to know that you're in our place.

pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pirategunner
That would be cool if in all the trash cans in HOME automatically have have xbox 360's W/Rings of Death.
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CommanderTy
Thanx, guys... seems like I won't be missing dumpsters to spend the night. So touched by your kindness :cry:GreenGoblin2099
LOL anytime bro just dont go buggn me for stuff or youll be out on the streets so fast your head will spin lol jk your always welcome in Commanders pad!!! and one more thing i love how this thread was completely dethrone from its org. topic HOME FTW!!!!!!
pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pirategunner

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]Thanx, guys... seems like I won't be missing dumpsters to spend the night. So touched by your kindness :cry:emitsu97

Just look for someone from GUI. We'll either be too inebriated to care or...too inebriated to know that you're in our place.

also watch out for puke in our(GUI) trash cans
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CommanderTy
That would be cool if in all the trash cans in HOME automatically have have xbox 360's W/Rings of Death.pirategunner
Hey thats not where my 360 ended up, some idiot bought it off of me thinking he was getting a steal of a deal altho the thing has had 3 rrods hahhahahah sucker!!!! i kinda miss it tho i wish dead rising was on ps3 :(
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GreenGoblin2099
[QUOTE="emitsu97"]

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]Thanx, guys... seems like I won't be missing dumpsters to spend the night. So touched by your kindness :cry:pirategunner

Puke keeps us warmed. Plus, if they are too inebriated I could slip in and join the fun :D

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 emitsu97

[QUOTE="pirategunner"]That would be cool if in all the trash cans in HOME automatically have have xbox 360's W/Rings of Death.CommanderTy
Hey thats not where my 360 ended up, some idiot bought it off of me thinking he was getting a steal of a deal altho the thing has had 3 rrods hahhahahah sucker!!!! i kinda miss it tho i wish dead rising was on ps3 :(

I miss mine too. Always helped lower the heating bill.

pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pirategunner
[QUOTE="pirategunner"][QUOTE="emitsu97"]

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]Thanx, guys... seems like I won't be missing dumpsters to spend the night. So touched by your kindness :cry:GreenGoblin2099

Puke keeps us warmed. Plus, if they are too inebriated I could slip in and join the fun :D

Oh you are more than welcomed to join in on the fun just dont bring hobo beer like Colt45 or OE 8000
brando_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 brando_09
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts
umm.. I thot they confirmed that they wont be releasing a demo? I just remember reading that, anyone hav a source?
Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts
It took almost 2 hours to download DMC4... Think about MGS4... almost 6 hours then but it will be worth it
Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

umm.. I thot they confirmed that they wont be releasing a demo? I just remember reading that, anyone hav a source?brando_09

no there isnt one,Ryan already said there isnt going to be one.