Worried about people not using mics in SFIV... myth or fact?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 oldskooler79
Member since 2004 • 1632 Posts

Here's the deal. I owned "the other" console up until it went bad on me last year. I just discarded console gaming altogether since I'm mainly a pc gamer. However, street fighter is a strong enough franchise to make me get back into consoles (even if its just for SFIV). I'm aware of the pc version coming out, but don't think the community will be all that hot.

So my question.. is it true that folks don't speak during gameplay on PS3? This is a rather serious question. I for one enjoyed "the other" console and wouldn't mind picking one up again knowing people spoke 4 out of 5 matches. However, PS3 seems to be getting my interest lately with the annouced exclusives for the rest of this year.

I've been recommended to pick up all platforms, but due to time restraints and my lack of not needed everything.. I'm open this very moment to picking up one console (hopefully before SFIV releases).

Exclusives, I realise should play a big factor in my choice (and it does) but communication is half the fun for me. I like to hear the reaction when I'm owning someone, and on the same token would like to hear words of wisdom from the pros.

So will I truely be stuck with less communication in your opinion if I elect the PS3 version?

Thank you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I think it's changed thanks to SOCOM being packaged with a mic. There are a lot more people with mics nowadays.
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
Most games I play in CoD:W@W and Resistance 2, 80% of the people have mics. The PS3 controller is better than the 360 controller for fighting games, due to the true d-pad. Unless your getting an arcade stick.
Darthdaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Darthdaver
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
well when im playing cod4 online most people use a mic, but not as much as xbox 360. But i think its a great thing because i hate to mute each and every game i play, there is so many kids yelling and swearing etc on 360 and im glad that its not like that on ps3. But more and more are getting mics.
oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oldskooler79
Member since 2004 • 1632 Posts

there is so many kids yelling and swearing etc on 360 and im glad that its not like that on ps3Darthdaver

But see that's the thing.. I actually enjoy the yelling and trash talking. I dunno I guess I'm in the minority here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the one to get online and scream and shout and do the twist lol every match but I like to play drunk on Friday nights, for instance. Nothing like being half bent for me with some SFII hyper online (when i had 360). I just like to have fun and ppl with mics enhance the experience.

I'm not gonna ask this question on the 360 boards cuz obviously they'll tell me Live is where it's at. I prefer an opinion from someone who owned PS3 from the get go (and perhaps a multi console owner would be best).

Thanks for you input.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#7 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

Fighting game and mic?

who would do such terrible thing?

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
You can get Street Fighter 4 on Windows as well. Capcom have confirmed this to be true. At that point, just get a really good gamepad or arcade stick to have that proper feel for the controls. I didn't really care which platform I got SF4 on (since I have all possible ones it can be on); to tell the truth, it came to getting it on ps3 because of the fact the LE version on ps3 has the Ryu figure. :lol: And really, I don't care if someone wants to "talk" to me in a fighting game. Frankly, there are times where I'd wish that I didn't have to hear them (or that they would be able to hear me)
magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

A mic for Street Fighter? Is there something i don't know.... voice activated combo move set?

Does it require the Power Glove?

Is there a way to plug the Wii mote into the PS3?

8)

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#10 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
I bought SF2HDR for the PS3, after experiencing that, I'm not going to buy SFIV for the PS3, I'm buying it for my other HD console.
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts

With my experience with Soul Caliber 4, you might get 2 out 5 matches with someone that has a mic. Still I am getting this for the PS3 and not because of the controller. Because if I was only able to order the TE fight stick for the 360 than my purchase would have went there. But I just have more friends on PSN that will be picking up the game.

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Once Socom comes out for the UK, I reckon they're will be more mics; but at the moment, the best chance of finding someone to talk with is by ining a clan or playing with friends. Virtually every game on Resistance 2, Call of Duty and LittleBigPlanet is just static with the occasional boy talking to his mate standing next to him. You never get the chance to speak because no games have a decent enough voice chat system apart from Socom.
Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Thetaguru
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts
I hope people don't use mics or that there is an option to mute all. Wow, I beat someone on SF, I hope they can hear my smack talking because it makes me feel uber ::facepalm::
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts
I use a mic and I will pick up STFIV day 1. So add me 2 ue friends list. PSN ID: solid_snake3656